View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1294 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2947941194124412841289129212931294129512961299130413441394 ... LastLast
Results 25,861 to 25,880 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    It will be too late when the world realized what had happened.
    https://twitter.com/DantePD/status/1267438031457316866

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    In a way, this is good news. No one wants to see anymore death and destruction, though I can't see any solution for now.

Blog Entries
    To be honest, due to the spread, this is worse than the Rodney King riots. They're not as intense yet, but unless something happens to mollify or suppress the protesters, the only solution to the current situation is to let it burn itself out. Chauvin getting a murder conviction would probably go a long way to bringing the peace, or charges brought against the other three officers involved, but this is a pattern thats replayed across the country more times than I can count. And honestly, this time it feels like even a conviction won't be enough, especially since Chauvin's unlikely to be convicted of 3rd Degree Murder, and is more likely to eat the lesser Manslaughter charge.

I feel like that won't be enough to assuage the fury this time. The population's become too informed, too "woke," and too frustrated in their efforts to create real change for the better.

And then there's this.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; June 1st, 2020 at 02:56 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Chauvin's trial seems to be delayed, so I hope they are not thinking that letting things burn will let the case slide. Mistreatment, policy brutality histories and the effects of bad policies dealing with COVID-19 seems to fuel the anger.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how they'll find a jury that's relatively unbiased

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I wonder how they'll find a jury that's relatively unbiased
    Impossible. We all know how it will go in the end.

Anyway, can someone enlighten me why El Presidente is now blaming Zimbabwe?

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Ok, let's take this in parts:
    1) I am absolutely not opposed to violent protest. People HAVE tried peaceful protests, and it led to nothing. Many of the current ones actually started out peacefully until the police came in. People with power don't let go of that power unless you somehow make them.

2) Yes. I am absolutely saying that 63 million are white supremacists by virtue of complicitness, if nothing else - though I'd bet good money a pretty hefty chunk of them absolutely would do the same kind of shit the McMichaels did if they thought they could get away with it.

3) You *are* aware, I hope, of the hypocrisy of trying to paint all antifa (more of a decentralised ideology than an actual organised movement) protestants under the worst light possible because of the actions of some (*if* those actions should even be condemned in the first place - see point 1) while condemning doing the same thing to MAGA people for defending, actively supporting, or being complicit with white supremacy?
    1. That's kind of the issue. I don't tolerate violence at all, at least not in protests. Why not try for a revolution then? At least violence makes sense if you want to seize something by force, not start looting shops, many of whose owners are small proprietors!

2. This is logically impossible when many of those people were black (a minority, but they exist) and most did it out of disgust with the Democratic Party rather than open support for some of the more braindead statements coming from Mr Populus. There's a really big difference between supremacists and just standard issue, old age racists.

3. I have a trouble with whoever's rioting. Even if I wanted to say ANTIFA wasn't violent, I couldn't! They, the alt-right Boogalunatics and all kinds of cray dumb retards are pretty much destroying buildings and shitting over shops for the sake of kicking a ruckus! If it was government property, I'd be fine since it can be used to pressure the government, but all burning a dude's data recovery business is going to do is piss him and every person he works with off and he'll take the state line over yours because the state didn't shit on his business without compensation.

ETA: "[H]e’s ashamed of his past behavior that included yelling obscenities and destroying property"? Fucking hell, someone give baby his warm milk and tuck him in bed before he hurts himself in his stupidity.

Yeah, I don't know how else to tell you this, but if you see a *police officer murdering a man right on the street and go unpunished* and your main concern is with property damage? You are absolutely a part of the problem.

My main concern is the way the protests are hurting people and not leading to change because they never do.

- - - Updated - - -

Impossible. We all know how it will go in the end.

Anyway, can someone enlighten me why El Presidente is now blaming Zimbabwe?
    He needs someone to invade and they are an easy target.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    really

my main concern would be with the murder

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see Trump is still bent on making Transmetropolitan real.

We're now entering Straight to Hell territory, which in theory means we should be nearing the end. Unfortunately, reality keeps being stranger than fiction.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Tbh, these protests remind me a bit of the build-up to the American Revolution. Not that I think it will reach that point, mind. Just that I see parallels.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    The whole thing should be over within a few days. What we learnt from history is that the treatment of African Americans will never improve. They will be the stepping stone of America just like their ancestors when they are forcefully brought over to work as slaves.

Blog Entries
    The whole thing should be over within a few days. What we learnt from history is that the treatment of African Americans will never improve. They will be the stepping stone of America just like their ancestors when they are forcefully brought over to work as slaves.
    struggle post
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    really

my main concern would be with the murder
    Why is the fuck not being tried for, well... that in the first place? If I was Trump I'd pay the expenses of the prosecution so he gets jailed and this shit stops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Tbh, these protests remind me a bit of the build-up to the American Revolution. Not that I think it will reach that point, mind. Just that I see parallels.
    Seems we might be getting policemen thrown off Boston Harbor then!

Blog Entries
    Would certainly be amusing, but not quite what I meant XD.

In other news, seems like Trump's crew and the police in general are targeting reporters and journalists covering the protests with violence.

Also, infamously racist Steve King is out of office.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries

long thread is long, talks about Trump's relations with the ultrareligious right
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    You know, I watch all sorts of videos and go to /pol/ and /x/ and kiwifarms to stave off boredom and I do love myself a good schizo thread about vril and time cubes, but this is pretty far past 'don't trust everything you read on the internet' territory.

I mean
    Clinton and his wife Hillary would be at the center of these conspiracy theories as prominent Republican voices like Rush Limbaugh played upon fears by linking them to a growing number of what they deemed suspicious deaths, a ploy to further the idea they were the heads of a vast criminal conspiracy.[6]
    Very carefully picked language here.

Sure enough, a leader of a world power being an occultist only serves to showcase they're not fit for their position, because they are not relying on firm concepts in their thought. That goes both ways, for Clintons too. Is there a cult of personality of Trump going since 2016? Sure. Has Trump become a cultist of his own personality? Likely. Does he or anyone else that matters care about minutae apocryphal meme of somebody on the internet tying it to Chiliasm? That seems kind of stretching it.
    Last edited by Ratman; June 3rd, 2020 at 10:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Does he or anyone else that matters care about minutae apocryphal meme of somebody on the internet tying it to Chiliasm? That seems kind of stretching it.
    I dunno aren't Barr and Pompeo fundamentalist nutjobs

I haven't read that specific thread, but there does seem to be quite the overlap between fanatic Trumpers and evangelical messianism - what I've seen described as a "cult of Rapture".

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I knew it! The man behind the man was the Amish all along.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe Far Cry 5 is not a ridiculous fabrication but a reality.

Granted, a lot of it also seems to be rooted in a Calvinistic belief that if you're rich, it's because God loves you, and if God loves you you must be spiritually pure, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, there are precious few things as pathetic as the middle class' worship of the type of money and power it will never have.