View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1398 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 398898129813481388139313961397139813991400140314081448 ... LastLast
Results 27,941 to 27,960 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Not exactly news, per se, but I found this an interesting read. It's a Vice opinion piece where the author interprets the Dark Souls series as a metaphor for capitalism, its unsustainability and disservice to the masses, and a sort of call for its end. It's an interpretation of the series I hadn't considered, and one I find interesting. As well as one that might be amusing to the posters here. Probably, it's a case of the author projecting on the works, or reading some unintentional message into it, but Japanese corporate society (and particularly the gaming industry) is infamously... harsh, so maybe it's intentional?

What do you folks think?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is this from the same nest of idiots who say that Fire Emblem 3 Houses is warning against fascism, using superficial comparison between the Adrestian Empire and Nazi Germany? Fuck, the Empire of Cyrodiil in the Elder Scrolls series is great, but with superficial comparisons, one can note that it's on its Third iteration and contains a Deathshead Legion in its ranks.

Blog Entries
    No clue, frankly. This is the first I've heard of that comparison. This just happened to be in my Google feed, presumably because I like Dark Souls XD.

FYI, I've never played Fire Emblem, so I'm not a fan of it and don't get related articles. Any comparison there wouldn't have been on my radar.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    the author interprets the Dark Souls series as a metaphor for capitalism
    The top 1% of Eldritch horrors control 90% of the Souls. We must re-distribute the Souls so that no longer can a single wolf with a sword have 40,000 times the wealth as a single person.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    An 'interpretation' which employs a strategic veneer of factoids and topical references to cover over a shocking level of idiocy regarding both 'dark souls' and 'capitalism'. Even the "my favourite commentary on Walter Benjamin was the Vendrick fight from dark souls 2" article put in more effort than this. 0/10, saged and reported
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    XD savage.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54752228

Man sues boyfriend of woman he murdered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    God Bless America.

Well. 2020 ladies and gents.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824
    Farewell Sean Connery o7
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    I get that he was ninety and all but seriously, fucking 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Trump taking aim at the deep state, it seems. So folks like scientists and lawyers are going to be easier to dump if they disagree with the Angry Mango, political appointees or government hirelings won't make a difference anymore.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Double the weapons sales:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Speaking of doubling down, next year, keep the displays, but also toss some crucifixions and lingchi into the mix. Oftentimes, western methods of executions are considered a mercy, compared to the games of death us easterners play with each other.

Blog Entries
    You are officially the first person I have ever heard to describe lynching and crucifixion as acts of mercy. Sure, the latter wasn't the most horrifying execution method in the Roman repertoire, but merciful?

In other news...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    In Venezuela, each year in the Easter we have the 'Burning Judas' tradition. In it, each neighborhood makes a dummy, characterize it as a currently unpopular politician or someone else we feel has betrayed the country or state, hang it, and burn it in effigy. It's a festive ocassion for the whole family, with no violence, and everyone has a lot of laughs.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't think you guys are pussies... but yeah, you're kind of pussies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    In Venezuela, each year in the Easter we have the 'Burning Judas' tradition. In it, each neighborhood makes a dummy, characterize it as a currently unpopular politician or someone else we feel has betrayed the country or state, hang it, and burn it in effigy. It's a festive ocassion for the whole family, with no violence, and everyone has a lot of laughs.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't think you guys are pussies... but yeah, you're kind of pussies.
    That sounds fun though. Any taboos on choosing the target to burn?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    That sounds fun though. Any taboos on choosing the target to burn?
    Well, after the country got too politically polarized, it's harder for a neighborhood to agree on a target. Nowadays, more often than not it's a generic 'corruption' target or just default to Judas Iscariot himself.

Nowadays, if you choose a figure belonging to the ruling party, you might get in trouble if you're caught, but usually cops won't give a crap as long as they get the usual bribe. Of course, if you choose to burn an oppositor the cops won't even bother.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    You are officially the first person I have ever heard to describe lynching and crucifixion as acts of mercy. Sure, the latter wasn't the most horrifying execution method in the Roman repertoire, but merciful?

In other news...
    The lynching is the problem because of the American connotations. Crucifixion could just be a spooky Halloween setup. Not as spooky as the haunted house I spent last night in though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post

Lol. I'm more surprised by Lvl's response. Though I probably shouldn't be. One doesn't usually think of violent execution methods as acts of mercy. People being upset by depictions of hangings is something of a cultural issue for black people here, though. I can't really think of a cultural equivalent elsewhere, except maybe how Jews feel about gas chambers.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries

In other news...
    First of all, lynching and lingchi are 2 different things. The former is hanging, while the latter is death by X cuts. Secondly, I didn't say that they were merciful. I said that compared to crucifixion and lingchi, hanging and beheading seems merciful. So you guys not only misinterpreted my words, you also erroneously believed that I had misspelled a word.
    Though I probably shouldn't be.
    Feeling's mutual.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    First of all, lynching and lingchi are 2 different things. The former is hanging, while the latter is death by X cuts. Secondly, I didn't say that they were merciful. I said that compared to crucifixion and lingchi, hanging and beheading seems merciful. So you guys not only misinterpreted my words, you also erroneously believed that I had misspelled a word.

Feeling's mutual.
    this is the worst argument premise I have ever heard and I used to get into daily debates with mike1984
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.