View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1280 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2807801180123012701275127812791280128112821285129013301380 ... LastLast
Results 25,581 to 25,600 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    To mildly paraphrase Nate silver, people act like they are being contrarian and tough by over estimating trumps chances vs the polls, but that is actually the most generic view. It also requires they forget 2018 happened and the polls were perfect. Hell they were pretty good in 2016 too, people just ignored them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Third party in the US just isn't happening without a superstar (and thus kinda centrist) candidate. I don't think it makes much sense to pretend otherwise.

The system is fucked up but it is how it is. As things stand, I'd gladly sign for four years of run of the mill political mediocrity to get rid of Fantastic Mr Orange. (That's not my decision to make, though)

Credit to him though, for making Transmetropolitan seem realistic, even prophetic.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 10th, 2020 at 05:54 PM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    We only need a few more years to make people believe that Pearl Harbor attack is done by the Chinese.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    We only need a few more years to make people believe that Pearl Harbor attack is done by the Chinese.

I highly doubt this, but only because I think a lot of people right now attribute Pearl Harbour to Michael Bay.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Credit to him though, for making Transmetropolitan seem realistic, even prophetic.
    That just makes it even more worrying about whoever replaces Trump. Especially with how much Trump loves flags already.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I highly doubt this, but only because I think a lot of people right now attribute Pearl Harbour to Michael Bay.
    We have people teaching the cause of Opium War is because UK wants to help Qing China quit smoking opium. Anything can happen.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    The thing is, that by choosing Biden, the Democratic Party won't essentially go "alright, we need to go left" and will stay rotten ad infinitum, which is bad because if Trump won and then you get Biden, then Biden will get crushed by someone much worse or people are just outright going to look the other way, now that the world economy can finally be modded away from Muricans and pretend the US was a country.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    That just makes it even more worrying about whoever replaces Trump. Especially with how much Trump loves flags already.
    if Biden's campaign boss get shot in the face you know what to expect after that
    don't quote me on this

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The system is fucked up but it is how it is. As things stand, I'd gladly sign for four years of run of the mill political mediocrity to get rid of Fantastic Mr Orange. (That's not my decision to make, though)
    Trump in governance is not really all that different from Republicans that came before him (with the exception of the corona check which is a marked breach from Republican ideology).

I just want to know what your path to changing the fucked up American system is because most peoples answer is somewhere in the "use gun" area and we know that's not gonna work with the US military as it is.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

My only hope atm is a long-lasting corona-fueled great depression.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    My only hope atm is a long-lasting corona-fueled great depression.
    War with China to divert blame and for profit will be next. Imagine how much USA can make by crushing China who is a pushover.

Blog Entries
    I don't think they'll ever engage in open warfare. There's not a whole lot to win there and both have a network of proxies that can do this shit for them.

The last time the US started a war with a power that could actually defeat it was in WW2, Vietnam shouldn't have been lost.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I don't think they'll ever engage in open warfare. There's not a whole lot to win there and both have a network of proxies that can do this shit for them.

The last time the US started a war with a power that could actually defeat it was in WW2, Vietnam shouldn't have been lost.
    El Presidente removed anyone who doesn't agree with him already, so he might do it because he believe he can win it. Can he be stopped if he really wants to do this?

Blog Entries
    I just want to know what your path to changing the fucked up American system is because most peoples answer is somewhere in the "use gun" area and we know that's not gonna work with the US military as it is.
    As long as there's any semblance of prosperity I can't see the system changing.

so waiting for climate change to fuck everything up real good I guess

yay
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    El Presidente removed anyone who doesn't agree with him already, so he might do it because he believe he can win it. Can he be stopped if he really wants to do this?
    He barely removed anyone most "opposition" just fell in line when they realized he's not actually all that different from his predecessors. Most of Trumps actual differences lie in aesthetics.

As long as there's any semblance of prosperity I can't see the system changing.

so waiting for climate change to fuck everything up real good I guess

yay
    Well that's just climate accelerationism, there's the option that one can do electoral accelerationism by not voting for shitty democrats that don't fight republican agenda which might show effects before we all drown and get fried.

It's obviously not pleasant but it seems to be the only shot that one can take at this point. I do think its dumb to just succumb to nihilism while doing so, it should be bundled with local political activity. But voting for someone who doesn't even commit to undoing damage is no way to show opposition.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The US right now is literally that episode of The Simpsons where aliens impersonate the two presidential candidates
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    See? Told you that you should have voted for kodel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    It's not like the Kang/Kodos Argument is new. It's literally always been like this because of how the dynamics of power work here. It's just gotten steadily more entrenched with each cycle. We've had all of one president who wasn't from one of the two major political parties at the time. Unless you count Washington, but at that point, the system hadn't been established yet and the man in question was vocally opposed to the idea of political parties in the first place. The people in the nascent ruling class, however, very much
    wanted such a thing.

It's not something we can exactly fix, either, because splitting the vote means eating losses unless both parties are divided similarly. With the Intelligence Community and military being what they are, we can't exactly overthrow the government without the support of both. And military coups generally don't work out well for anyone, anyway, even if the military is currently the most popular government institution here. The parties may be private organizations, but they represent the sum total power of the elites in this country. Sure, there are some who support the minor parties, but in the end, those are really just pet projects that ultimately support the two main ones.

It's simultaneously disgusting and infuriating, but the system has been rigged this way for so long that the general population has lost the power to fix it without causing a total collapse of the country. Which, generally speaking, isn't something that most of us here actually want.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well that's just climate accelerationism, there's the option that one can do electoral accelerationism by not voting for shitty democrats that don't fight republican agenda which might show effects before we all drown and get fried.

It's obviously not pleasant but it seems to be the only shot that one can take at this point. I do think its dumb to just succumb to nihilism while doing so, it should be bundled with local political activity. But voting for someone who doesn't even commit to undoing damage is no way to show opposition.
    See, I agree majorly with the points here, but I don't think they apply very well to this election in particular because having Biden as president might potentially save your life while having 4 more years of Trump might get you killed via coronavirus, one way or the other.

It is basically a life or death election for the US, because I don't really expect the establishment in general, much less the republicans in particular, to do much to stop Trump from lifting the lockdown too early.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    difference is, I don't want the ecology to collapse, much less to hasten that collapse merely in order to get rid of a bad government

that's some ass backwards logic imo. selling the car to buy gas, as they say where i'm from.

i want a functional system to prevent catastrophe; but i don't want to cause catastrophe to change a dysfunctional system

i'll try to push for small incremental improvements instead
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 11th, 2020 at 05:26 PM.
    don't quote me on this