View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1278 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2787781178122812681273127612771278127912801283128813281378 ... LastLast
Results 25,541 to 25,560 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Sounds like SOMEBODY doesn’t have the guts to take the Tidy Bowl Challenge!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    From here asking you guys, how much better will Bidan be at handling the virus if he does win?
    People would still be getting kicked off their employer-provided plans under him.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think at this point it is unarguable that he'd be better than Trump on managing the plague.

The problem is that by the time he gets there he'd find an absolute fuck-up of a situation because Trump already got done shitting on everything, and I don't really see him up to the task of righting those wrongs. But to be fair I can't really see anyone being able to solve the situation much at this point.

I think the end result would end up to the quality of the staff assigned to that side of the government, in which case I'd trust the dems a whole lot more than the repubs.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Basically. It's like Bush passing the torch to Obama just as the Great Recession is building steam and two wars are raging. Except Barack seems a lot more competent than Biden to me, and this situation is worse, also imo.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Actually on that very note another likely difference between Biden and trump, is trump had very proudly stated he has not spoken with any other president about the pandemic nor solicited any advice or assistance with such. That is also a strategy I don’t expect Biden to continue.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Also Biden probably wouldn’t use his attorney general to pull the charges of a guy who lied about his foreign contacts to help him get elected, as just occurred as the Barr ran DOJ just announced it was dropping the case against Michael Flynn.

EDIT: now if you will excuse me I’ll be over here screaming internally

Blog Entries
    Ngl, the sheer, naked corruption of this Flynn shit is actually pretty impressive. This takes some balls.

Huh. Covid's edging close to the Orange again. Maybe karma's knocking...
    Last edited by Twelveseal; May 7th, 2020 at 05:24 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    People would still be getting kicked off their employer-provided plans under him.
    Fuck, I'm not even in the US and that's happening to me. And I don't even know if it was my employer who did it or the insurer since I got mail from both saying they were cutting it off because of the pandemic. Goddamn money grubbing corporations.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/p...242527331.html
    It's not proof that she was harassed, obviously, but at least it seems to show it's not something suddenly made up just to harm Biden's election.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Fuck, I'm not even in the US and that's happening to me. And I don't even know if it was my employer who did it or the insurer since I got mail from both saying they were cutting it off because of the pandemic. Goddamn money grubbing corporations.
    Good luck man. My job never actually ended, we just had a couple weeks down for deep cleaning and went right back in. My insurance didn't lapse.

Now we just have to wear masks to work. That aren't provided. Apparently, for some reason, my company couldn't find enough for more than part of a shift.

I wonder why...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    You just can't win with masks, apparently. Many places aren't providing workers with proper masks; meanwhile, where I work, many of my colleagues are simply not using them. Their excuse is that "we have to wear suits, masks for 6 hours in a row would make eveything too stuffy", which is absolutely ridiculous. I am luckily working from home, but had to stop by the firm a while ago and, other than me and one of my friends, NO ONE was wearing a goddamned mask. Luckily I was in and out in a few minutes, and made sure to properly sanitize my hands before leaving.

Blog Entries
    Admittedly I will actually say in all honesty that masks and gloves really do suck to be worn especially on a hot, muggy day. (Even before the corona if we were about to hold someone down for a round of booty juice, out came the gloves) but some things are more important. Like trying to slow the frikken new age plague.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/p...242527331.html
    It's not proof that she was harassed, obviously, but at least it seems to show it's not something suddenly made up just to harm Biden's election.
    Between this, and the Larry King audio/video also linked in this, I'm convinced. The evidence is far too damning, and I'm glad this was able to come to light.

I don't think I've commented on this topic yet because I hadn't made the time to look into it, but this is the smoking barrel for me.

Also, in double checking this, I see Reade has also spoken out against her previous pro-Russia statements - she reports that her previous claims were influenced by documentaries she'd seen that painted a more positive picture of Russia, and after doing more research she has since changed her mind and does not support Putin at all.

So there's also that.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah there's a little too many coincidences now. Maybe Putin has a time machine.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Real Talk, how many of you are actually willing to cut off your nose to spite your face? Biden's not great, but is four more of Trump really worth it?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Were I an American, and the only choice was Trump or Biden, I'd vote Biden - but I'd be extremely pissed that once again the democratic establishment deliberately sabotaged an attempt at, frankly, even modest changes, all to preserve the wealth and power of people who are barely fit to serve as compost, much less influence the US' sociopolitical governance (and, unfortunately, that of the rest of the world with it).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Real Talk, how many of you are actually willing to cut off your nose to spite your face? Biden's not great, but is four more of Trump really worth it?
    I mean, I vote in TN so I have the luxury of making whatever stupid protest vote I want since Trump is going to win there anyway

Blog Entries
    Oh? Volunteer State bro. And yeah, basically. My vote already doesn't matter much. Republicans rule this state.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Texas actually dropped a few blue seats in the house in 2018 so ill be happy to see if I can’t nudge a few more districts. Voting Biden in the middle of a sea of MAGA hats will just be extra amusing. I might even take out an upgraded insurance policy on my Mercedes just to see if some moron in a pick up blue books it on the way out.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I mean, I vote in TN so I have the luxury of making whatever stupid protest vote I want since Trump is going to win there anyway
    Ugh, I hate when that happens. My local riding was hard Conservative for almost a decade.

I can understand the sentiment, but I can never agree with it. One vote almost never matters, but there's probably a bunch of people who think that and just give up, when if they didn't they might actually get an outcome they enjoy. And I'd rather not have regrets in those cases where one vote does matter. Like 2000 Florida.