View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1394 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 394894129413441384138913921393139413951396139914041444 ... LastLast
Results 27,861 to 27,880 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Lol, not sure, tbh. Biden's been looking across the aisle for Cabinet picks, as well as among Democrats. And China seems to be indicating that it thinks both candidates are troubling. Biden just seems better to them, hence their support for him. Likely because he's more predictable than anything else.

And I feel ya. Primarily Lefty in Tennessee here. My vote means next to nothing.

Also, yes, both candidates are old and crazy and neither should be on the ballot.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As for Trump not condemning racism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5IFAx7_vqk&t=1021s see specific time stamp. Again, I don't care for either candidate until the other side takes stuff out of context or removes the context. The notion of false equivalency is only shared by people with obvious vested interests in one side or the other.

Blog Entries
    Might watch the video later, when I'm not at work. As I see it, it's not that he doesn't denounce racism. It's that he's usually reluctant to do so, tends to be rather weak when he does, and associates with groups and individuals who are. Not to mention he's quick to condemn complaints against racist practices and to defend those accused of them (which is fine in the case of poorly evidenced situations). It gives the impression of being an enabler at best. When one compares his use of force against protesters both violent and peaceful, it looks worse. Then there's his involvement with his father's rentals... so he ends up looking insincere whenever he tries to reject White Nationalism and racism in general.

This is often read as tacit support on both sides of the problem.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Also the birther shit, he never apologized for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Well, never fear, Nicolas Maduro just said "Leave the coronavirus to me".

https://www.deccanherald.com/science...19-907001.html

I mean, he can't even manage his own country, but he sure can put a stop to this global problem just fine.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The only war crime is losing the war. That's why Genghis Khan is a hero to the Chinese (though the dynasty was formally founded by Kublai Khan; posthumous coronations are fun), while [insert Japanese general here] is a villain.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Well, humanity has been less generous to the war crimes of victors of late. Even something comparatively minor to the things the Axis was doing at the time, like the 'Slap a Jap' race propaganda and stick America-resident Japanese in camps, is looked down at nowadays.

That, of course, in the theory, for all practical effects if you win you still get away with things scott free, but at least people will now acknowledge your shit for what it is. That's a start... I think...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also, unlike foreigners in China, there are plenty of real international criminals among the Chinese in other countries, so I'll be fine, given that those actual spies would be the ones put in concentration camps, as well they should:

Commie spies need not reply, as my words are, of course, "full of evil intentions" (and proud of it).
    Justice:

Any commies here use VPNs?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 26th, 2020 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Supreme Court vacancy is now filled.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Or having a Proud Boy, Roger Stone, as one of his close personal advisers and legal dirty workers.
    Hey Roger Stone is a stand up guy, he even has a giant tattoo of his personal hero across his back. Who doesn't trust someone with a giant Richard Nixon tattoo? Soul of fairness and honesty, that Nixon.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Might watch the video later, when I'm not at work. As I see it, it's not that he doesn't denounce racism. It's that he's usually reluctant to do so, tends to be rather weak when he does, and associates with groups and individuals who are. Not to mention he's quick to condemn complaints against racist practices and to defend those accused of them (which is fine in the case of poorly evidenced situations). It gives the impression of being an enabler at best. When one compares his use of force against protesters both violent and peaceful, it looks worse. Then there's his involvement with his father's rentals... so he ends up looking insincere whenever he tries to reject White Nationalism and racism in general.

This is often read as tacit support on both sides of the problem.
    Yeah. The false equivalency argument one would use to defend Trump would mainly be if people on the left don't criticize Biden's own issues with race related problems. But they do.
    Trump has a literal laundry list of piled up shit a mile long that makes his arguments seem disingenuous, up to and including his so called "defense of the suburbs" against affordable housing basically being code for discrimination against the poor and minorities.
    Be can't outwardly say he believes that people who live in those types of housing developments are criminals, because even the snootiest of the suburban folk will get turned off if you make it blatant, therefore, usage of the code "protecting the suburbs from crime".

Blog Entries
    Didn't people realize populism can easily revive racism, fascism and nazism?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Biden accept an exorbitant amount of money to turn a blind eye in China's schemes in the South China Sea? You're right. Racism is bad. Hiding behind one's race when people take you to task on an actual wrongdoing is even worse. That's what China did whenever people correctly called them out for starting the CCP Virus. Back in high school, while I did receive some problems from racist bullies, most of my issues came from bullies who, when put to the screws, would hide behind their race. For example, being bullied by a Hispanic. When I told him that I would report him to our (white) teacher, he went on some spiel about how us "racial minorities" should stick together. Even after all he did to me, he would dare say such words. A world where one cannot hide behind such a thing would be great. As for fascism, I'd prefer not to hear that from a commie shill, from a country where watching YouTube can destroy your life by sapping your "social credits". As for Nazism... That word, at this point, literally just means "politics that I don't like", so the insult rings hollow.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Scrubbed

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Scrubbed

Blog Entries
    Both of you two shut the hell up and play somewhere else for a minute while I decide how seriously to take this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Supreme Court vacancy is now filled.
    They did it already?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Bout an hour or two ago.

laissez le bon temps rouler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    News article for those who cares:

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54700307

So yeah, Amy Coney Barrett confirmed to US Supreme Court.