View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

    8 8.89%
  • 2 years

    11 12.22%
  • 3 years

    3 3.33%
  • 4 years

    2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

    22 24.44%
  • 5 years

    0 0%
  • 6 years

    0 0%
  • 7 years

    0 0%
  • 8 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

    14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

    30 33.33%
Page 1411 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 411911131113611401140614091410141114121413141614211461 ... LastLast
Results 28,201 to 28,220 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

  1. #28201
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,908
    Blog Entries
    5
    By "story of porn", I'm not sure if you mean when porn was first made or the plot of a porn story. If the latter, some eroge plots are often better than the average American TV drama. Of course, that's why I often call hentai (eroge, as opposed to nukige) erotica, rather than "porn", but I digress.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  2. #28202
    muh vampires Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,452
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well, you opened sadpanda (twitter) to jerk off, right. If you're forced to have a mental process longer than three pages while the act is set up, it might ruin your boner (to own the libs).

  3. #28203
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,908
    Blog Entries
    5
    WTF are you talking about?
    1) I thought that sad panda was exhentai. What does that have to do with Twitter?
    2) Who the hell uses Twitter to jerk off?
    3) 3 pages? In a VN? That's not a useful measure, depending on font type and size.
    4) Set up? The load time? No, you wait until it's finished loading.
    5) Not sure why you're talking about boners and "libs" in the same sentence. Are you being figurative in the former? And as for "libs", when have I ever used that word (barring quoting others)? I'll wait. Unlike most, I know the difference between true liberalism and leftists' soft totalitarianism.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  4. #28204
    He is saying that Twitter is to politics what sadpanda is to hentai.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  5. #28205
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,908
    Blog Entries
    5
    I'll assume that sad panda means exhentai. Given this, no. Exhentai is a great repository for hentai, barring works that are removed for what are apparently copyright claims. Twitter is a terrible representation of politics. In that same vein, a pox upon those market analysts who think it properly represents what people want in games, anime, etc.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  6. #28206
    muh vampires Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,452
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yeah, if you want to read a real manga, you go buy it, or at least use a site meant for it. You're gonna spend a while over that book.

    Similarly, you don't go to Twitter to obtain insight into the subtle nooks of your country's future, you go there to yell you're angry about nazis. And not even a forum like this is frankly big enough for that kind of talk, you just get a more elaborate form of a twitter post. So, rather than a discussion, what can be observed in the latest 100 posts before mine is a form of aimless venting - like what you'd see on Twitter.

  7. #28207
    The internet is a horrible, horrible place.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  8. #28208
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,028
    Blog Entries
    4
    And this is why Gen News is seen as trash XD
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  9. #28209
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Isn't how preventing democracy from becoming a playground for the rich and powerful an unending war where people should never conceit? I mean having just two parties to choose from doesn't sound very good to me. They fed you with whatever they want, people accepting it like drones, and history repeats.

    The make believe that you have a choice doesn't make it better than having no choice at all.

  10. #28210
    BTW, I don't think there is some sort of conspirancy of the rich and powerful to keep the poors down, just a very bad mix of corruption, greed, self-interest, and general idiocy.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  11. #28211
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,028
    Blog Entries
    4
    Yes, but here's the thing; actually fixing that problem means one of two things:
    1. Having a completely grassroots movement that competes and wins against the oligarchy in spite of all their advantages.
    2. Revolution that will almost certainly ruin the economy, leaving the surviving population left to squat in the ruins, poor and starving, and beholden to whatever external powers backed the winner. And also a higher likelihood that such a victor will be even more authoritarian than the previous system due to having seized power through violence and needing to maintain that force to stay in power.


    These aren't guaranteed, but they're probably the most realistic outcomes. The only alternative is reforming one of the parties into something not corrupt and exploitative. Good luck with that.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  12. #28212
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,908
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Yes, but here's the thing; actually fixing that problem means one of two things:
    1. Having a completely grassroots movement that competes and wins against the oligarchy in spite of all their advantages.
    2. Revolution that will almost certainly ruin the economy, leaving the surviving population left to squat in the ruins, poor and starving, and beholden to whatever external powers backed the winner. And also a higher likelihood that such a victor will be even more authoritarian than the previous system due to having seized power through violence and needing to maintain that force to stay in power.

    Isn't rxrx a Communist Chinese spy? I'm sorry. "representative". That's literally what happened there. After being physically raped by Mongols and Manchurians, China allowed itself to be mentally raped by the Russians (also physically, too, though). They then went around and labeled those same Russians "revisionists".
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  13. #28213
    muh vampires Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,452
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    1. Having a completely grassroots movement that competes and wins against the oligarchy in spite of all their advantages.
    Hit the nail on the head. The thing about grassroots movements is that they are carried out in person.

    Meanwhile, the fundamental problem with American democracy is artificiality. Absence of humanity at highest levels, and now with Corona the lowest ones also. When democracy had started in a city with a few thousand people, they'd get together from the corners of the country, drink together and talk about stuff and at the end of the day the people with something to say would speak their propositions and grievances. While this was happening they'd be confronted with each other emotionally and if somebody was a sociopath it'd probably be pretty well known in that regard. In that environment it would be harder to silence someone from speaking things you don't want to hear. Everyone was more mindful of not pissing each other off, not creating lasting favors they could be reminded of or grudges that would stay with them for a lifetime.

    As the society grows, this does not necessarily disappear - in fact, plenty of countries are still that way. Ideally the elected officials would speak with the people and pass the notable things they heard on, with some bias here and there, but ultimately the history of the country would be decided by the human element. That's because in such places, the leading ideal of the country is something like family, or way of life, or even national pride. Something emotional, anyway.

    But America is not exactly like that, America happens to worship democracy as an ideal, alongside an individual's freedom, and that's precisely the problem. You can worship God, and you can worship the king, and you can worship freedom, but the moment you elect a system over your head, you're already condemning yourself to slavery. A machine is just a machine, it will eventually get stuck or start working wrong. In that context its natural to wind up treating people as objects - parts of the machine, or the materials and products of it. If in theory there was an outside engineer capable of fixing it, their human value would be incomparably higher than anything within the machine, which is why advanced political systems like communism tend to ban engineers and the machine eventually rusts away.

    This is something that'd be generally accepted in America, because of how huge it is - you can still speak to each other in person, so you can feel free. Now that's no longer the case. Now you are limited to a trickle of data that does not remotely carry people's true feelings over, where it does not matter if you anger someone, or look stupid. Your society has become 4chan. You can say what you want, because nothing you say matters anymore. Now you are actually subject to laws without honor or humanity. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Ratman; November 9th, 2020 at 11:48 AM.

  14. #28214
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,908
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Yeah, if you want to read a real manga, you go buy it, or at least use a site meant for it. You're gonna spend a while over that book.
    Well, exhentai has the function of allowing one to "preview" VNs, as well, at least ones that don't file any copyright things. Non-nukige VNs, as I mentioned before.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  15. #28215
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Hit the nail on the head. The thing about grassroots movements is that they are carried out in person.

    Meanwhile, the fundamental problem with American democracy is artificiality. Absence of humanity at highest levels, and now with Corona the lowest ones also. When democracy had started in a city with a few thousand people, they'd get together from the corners of the country, drink together and talk about stuff and at the end of the day the people with something to say would speak their propositions and grievances. While this was happening they'd be confronted with each other emotionally and if somebody was a sociopath it'd probably be pretty well known in that regard. In that environment it would be harder to silence someone from speaking things you don't want to hear. Everyone was more mindful of not pissing each other off, not creating lasting favors they could be reminded of or grudges that would stay with them for a lifetime.

    As the society grows, this does not necessarily disappear - in fact, plenty of countries are still that way. Ideally the elected officials would speak with the people and pass the notable things they heard on, with some bias here and there, but ultimately the history of the country would be decided by the human element. That's because in such places, the leading ideal of the country is something like family, or way of life, or even national pride. Something emotional, anyway.

    But America is not exactly like that, America happens to worship democracy as an ideal, alongside an individual's freedom, and that's precisely the problem. You can worship God, and you can worship the king, and you can worship freedom, but the moment you elect a system over your head, you're already condemning yourself to slavery. A machine is just a machine, it will eventually get stuck or start working wrong. In that context its natural to wind up treating people as objects - parts of the machine, or the materials and products of it. If in theory there was an outside engineer capable of fixing it, their human value would be incomparably higher than anything within the machine, which is why advanced political systems like communism tend to ban engineers and the machine eventually rusts away.

    This is something that'd be generally accepted in America, because of how huge it is - you can still speak to each other in person, so you can feel free. Now that's no longer the case. Now you are limited to a trickle of data that does not remotely carry people's true feelings over, where it does not matter if you anger someone, or look stupid. Your society has become 4chan. You can say what you want, because nothing you say matters anymore. Now you are actually subject to laws without honor or humanity. Good luck with that.
    You had a 2-week long nervous breakdown because some Confederate statues were torn down and now you're playing at some metaphysical analysis that we're all fools because, in the end, it is all meaningless? Methinks you're lagging behind a bit on the old self-awareness

  16. #28216
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,014
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  17. #28217
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,028
    Blog Entries
    4
    Brutal if true. Someone put this man on suicide watch.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  18. #28218
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,908
    Blog Entries
    5
    While America strongly encourages common citizens to vote, China is literally preventing legislators from physically appearing to vote:

    No commie cockroach has any right to criticize the American voting process.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  19. #28219
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,118
    America does not "strongly encourage common citizens to vote" prominent Republicans are actively calling on electors to just cast votes for Trump to the Electoral College as that is their constitutional duty and the votes cast by the people are merely "suggestions" which can be ignored. America has an awful voting system.

  20. #28220
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,908
    Blog Entries
    5
    All those ads during election season say otherwise. They're borderline spam.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •