View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1453 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 45395313531403144314481451145214531454145514581463 ... LastLast
Results 29,041 to 29,060 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Similar events happened in a few other locations, yes. Georgia, Kansas, and others.

And yeah, basically. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much of a way forward except through reconciliation, purges, or civil war.

Fun times.

Edit: Hmmmmmm~
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The National Guard didn't get involved because they'd be under Trump's command in DC. They eventually wrangled it so Pence would be bossing them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Similar events happened in a few other locations, yes. Georgia, Kansas, and others.

And yeah, basically. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much of a way forward except through reconciliation, purges, or civil war.

Fun times.

Edit: Hmmmmmm~
    Fixed that.

Blog Entries
    Hopeful, aren't we?
    Also, police reporting that one officer died from injuries received from rioters at the Capitol.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Like a piece of historical fiction, the authors, in this case, the media, has already labeled one side, the "bad guys", and another side, the "good guys". The "good guys" can get away with anything because they're fighting for [insert most popular buzzword today], but whenever the "bad guy" does the same thing, it goes from genius tactic to evil scheme because they are [insert most negative buzzword today]. Why do you think I love Dynasty Warriors? It took a childhood story of mine but showed me how relative the actual morality behind it was.

as much as i dislike Masada and his Shinza Bansho series, at least he has 1 idea right when it comes to his gods in his setting.

desire something, hold it as your truth, crush all other truths by force and via sheer magnitude of ego and claim unshakeable hegemony

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Centuries ago, America has taught to the rest of the world that democracy and liberty can only be preserved with the belief of the individual in their agency, with the willingness to protect their freedom. In your hearts, in your souls, you no longer hold these values.
    nailed it.

though to me, anyone that is such a massive self-defeatist that they somehow cant imagine themselves prevailing in whatever situation, just because "oh the opponent is too strong" has something seriously wrong in their head.

why do you think i have previously stated that Jester's speech to the police officers in FSF and what HS actually are is a great metaphor for the difference between a civilization filled with demoralized individuals VS moralized individuals?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You don't get it, so I might as well spell it out: This result is absurd to all involved. The protesters never expected to succeed.

Imagine a country where a hundred thousand people rise from their beds to protest against the government, yet, they go in with no concrete plan of having their demands met, because it does not occur to them that they could possibly succeed. This is not how this goes in the rest of the world, you know?

The spirit of your people is crushed so badly that they have no faith in their cause, and a 'protest' is rather a social expression. BLM/Antifa know this - their protests are statements from a minority to the rest of the population, because they do not believe they could truly change the government, so they attempt to change the social climate in a grand projection of their pain. These white people, meanwhile are kind of new to this, so they walk up to the Congress and protest there, but they are still completely shocked and incapable of acting in any meaningful way once they achieve success. They don't do stupid and violent things, because they're not projecting pain but confusion instead: Cause it's not like they want to hang all the politicians on the lamp posts, they are trying to communicate with an entity that does not speak back and they're not sure if it even hears them. This is completely absurd, it's clear to any outsider that the people no longer consider themselves a part of the body of power, they're a child tugging their abusive mother's skirt.

Centuries ago, America has taught to the rest of the world that democracy and liberty can only be preserved with the belief of the individual in their agency, with the willingness to protect their freedom. In your hearts, in your souls, you no longer hold these values.
    Pretty much. The act of protesting is the goal itself.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    as much as i dislike Masada and his Shinza Bansho series, at least he has 1 idea right when it comes to his gods in his setting.

desire something, hold it as your truth, crush all other truths by force and via sheer magnitude of ego and claim unshakeable hegemony
    And I respect that. However, it also means accepting that you cannot expect to guilt-shame your enemies into not doing the same, even by calling them literal Nazis. That's why I laugh at those who tell me to "do better" (based on their standards). They should be the ones to "do better" (based on my standards).
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Pretty much. The act of protesting is the goal itself.
    As I said, the US is the country who made that movie, Rebel without Cause, while I consider those people easy prey for bounty hunters (which, I repeat, are very different than vigilantes).

Blog Entries
    kekw

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Nah, some of us aren't white, we'd get gunned down like the Light Brigade
    Well if you aren't QAnon, MAGA, the Proud Boys or some right leaning group sucking up to the cops(sucking up until they get told off themselves as we see lol), then yeah. At the very least pistol whipped or batoned if not shot with rubber bullets.
    It was kinda hilarious how some of them were indignant that they were getting even pepper sprayed acting as they were. Cussing, calling the cops pussies for "only" using pepper spray, the whole nine yards. Basically "we're bros, why you stopping me? You should be helping me take over the Capitol, bros?!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Well if you aren't QAnon, MAGA, the Proud Boys or some right leaning group sucking up to the cops(sucking up until they get told off themselves as we see lol), then yeah. At the very least pistol whipped or batoned if not shot with rubber bullets.
    It was kinda hilarious how some of them were indignant that they were getting even pepper sprayed acting as they were. Cussing, calling the cops pussies for "only" using pepper spray, the whole nine yards. Basically "we're bros, why you stopping me? You should be helping me take over the Capitol, bros?!"
    And people wonder why Conservatives have a reputation for being idiots...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    the problem that caused them to go completely against cops just a few days ago where they stepped on a "thin blue line" flag had to do with the cops constantly enforcing excessive lockdowns, which killed their livelyhoods, as well as the cops telling them they cant protest against lockdowns and many other causes but being far more lenient with far left protesters in a lot of places and they could see the clips and videos showing that going around social media.

i think what made them absolutely lose it was the clips of them outright protecting and forming up around antifa, while holding guns, to protect them from the right wingers that had just gotten attacked by said antifa

- - - Updated - - -

refferences

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1345415887277449216

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1345418517789609986

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    the problem that caused them to go completely against cops just a few days ago where they stepped on a "thin blue line" flag had to do with the cops constantly enforcing excessive lockdowns, which killed their livelyhoods, as well as the cops telling them they cant protest against lockdowns and many other causes but being far more lenient with far left protesters in a lot of places and they could see the clips and videos showing that going around social media.

i think what made them absolutely lose it was the clips of them outright protecting and forming up around antifa, while holding guns, to protect them from the right wingers that had just gotten attacked by said antifa

- - - Updated - - -

refferences

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1345415887277449216

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1345418517789609986
    your brain is dick cheese

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, finally, we get personal attacks.

Blog Entries
    we could really use more of these freedom of speech here

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    That's why I laugh at those who tell me to "do better" (based on their standards). They should be the ones to "do better" (based on my standards).
    The way I see it... at some point either needs to be a compromise where you concede some points or you just agree to disagree and walk away from the discussion, if you feel like there's no way you should morally concede anything.

Otherwise, well, if "my standards are the ones we should follow" is the only position to be defended, that beats the purpose of discussion in the first place.

I'm well aware that I'm the kind who won't concede easily and won't bite their tongue on what I truly feel, myself, but overall I don't fool myself thinking I'll change anyone's mind and when faced with a situation where I think the other side just wants to defend their own (in my opinion wrong) view I'll just call them out on it and leave. But actually expecting others to "do better" based on what YOU think? Don't fool yourself. It won't happen and you shouldn't pretend it will.
    Last edited by OverMaster; January 8th, 2021 at 01:56 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, yes, me calling them out to "do better" when they tell me to "do better" is literally just showing how relative the situation is. Like warring states insisting that everyone else is chaotic evil and themselves lawful good, at least, in accordance to "heaven's law".

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, finally, we get personal attacks.
    I am sorry to say, but his assertions are pretty darn dumb, to be completely frank.
    If people actually followed basic guidelines, we would be much better off, trying to equate that as fascistic or taking away their freedoms is some of the dumbest shit I've seen all decade.
    Now, if we want to talk about how small businesses are driven out to enforce lockdown guidelines that other people who pay off politicians don't follow, then we can actually have a conversation, because that is tyrannical. However MAGA's argument about the lockdowns being excessive is another example of trying to protest the principle rather than any solid grievance. I say this because paradoxically, they argue against proper aid being given to people who need it yet want relief for covid (as stimulus checks are very popular on both sides).

Just up and down, MAGA has done everything wrong to exacerbate things during this pandemic, trying to argue otherwise is literally spinning alternative facts. But its not any more hypocritical than the Welfare Queens argument from the 80s when conservatives take up a good bit of that chunk of peeps on welfare.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    thus commences the DJT suicide watch