View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

7 8.05%
  • 2 years

11 12.64%
  • 3 years

3 3.45%
  • 4 years

2 2.30%
  • Unimpeached after one term

20 22.99%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 16.09%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 34.48%
Page 1391 of 1391 FirstFirst ... 3918911291134113811386138913901391
Results 27,801 to 27,803 of 27803

Thread: General News Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But once the arena shifts away from the campaign trail to Congress, where the proposal would have to pass via a narrow margin in the Senate and despite fierce opposition from well-funded industry groups, Bidenís plan would become a daunting challenge to enact.

Surveying this landscape, some Democratic congressional aides and outside health care advisers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said they expected the party would start next year with a more modest package of fixes to ObamaCare that did not include a public option in an effort to get some early points on the board.

In fact, House Democrats already passed such a bill in June, increasing financial assistance under the health law and undoing some of President Trumpís actions but without a public option. That measure is already written and ready to go, and it also includes provisions to lower drug prices, a top Democratic priority.
    Oh, did you already forget that the DNC explicitly ran ads against M4A or a public option?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...den-dnc-399370

But not like it matters much when it didn't get talked about at the DNC or really been mentioned since. About the only progressive measure I've heard Biden literally say in any interview is that he'd work towards a 15 USD/hour minimum wage, and only when people explicitly ask him about that. Nothing about the specifics for climate other than Paris Accord, nothing about healthcare other than he'll stop Trump/Reps from repealing it as they've been trying to do, etc etc.

Also, the fossil fuel subsidies thing not being an issue for you I take it?

Oh, remember the Tara Reade thing? Looks like someone has actually bothered to look into the story.

Last edited by Trubo; Today at 07:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Well since the hill article explicitly said exactly the opposite of what you said it did and a brief skim of the Biden website page still advocates for the public option I honestly decided the vox article was a waste of my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Well since the hill article explicitly said exactly the opposite of what you said it did and a brief skim of the Biden website page still advocates for the public option I honestly decided the vox article was a waste of my time.
    Man, that's some selective reading of the hill article to get that it doesn't say anything about Democrats not wanting to work towards a public option, when it literally says Democrats are leaning towards dropping the public option due to concerns that the healthcare industry is pushing extremely aggressively to not doing a public option (but tax credits are ok).

Time to go back to ignoring this thread for the most part until at least a month after the election because of how much a shitshow it's going to be election day and the mail-in ballots trickling in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.