View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1391 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 391891129113411381138613891390139113921393139614011441 ... LastLast
Results 27,801 to 27,820 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But once the arena shifts away from the campaign trail to Congress, where the proposal would have to pass via a narrow margin in the Senate and despite fierce opposition from well-funded industry groups, Biden’s plan would become a daunting challenge to enact.

Surveying this landscape, some Democratic congressional aides and outside health care advisers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said they expected the party would start next year with a more modest package of fixes to ObamaCare that did not include a public option in an effort to get some early points on the board.

In fact, House Democrats already passed such a bill in June, increasing financial assistance under the health law and undoing some of President Trump’s actions but without a public option. That measure is already written and ready to go, and it also includes provisions to lower drug prices, a top Democratic priority.
    Oh, did you already forget that the DNC explicitly ran ads against M4A or a public option?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...den-dnc-399370

But not like it matters much when it didn't get talked about at the DNC or really been mentioned since. About the only progressive measure I've heard Biden literally say in any interview is that he'd work towards a 15 USD/hour minimum wage, and only when people explicitly ask him about that. Nothing about the specifics for climate other than Paris Accord, nothing about healthcare other than he'll stop Trump/Reps from repealing it as they've been trying to do, etc etc.

Also, the fossil fuel subsidies thing not being an issue for you I take it?

Oh, remember the Tara Reade thing? Looks like someone has actually bothered to look into the story.

Last edited by Trubo; October 21st, 2020 at 07:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Well since the hill article explicitly said exactly the opposite of what you said it did and a brief skim of the Biden website page still advocates for the public option I honestly decided the vox article was a waste of my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Well since the hill article explicitly said exactly the opposite of what you said it did and a brief skim of the Biden website page still advocates for the public option I honestly decided the vox article was a waste of my time.
    Man, that's some selective reading of the hill article to get that it doesn't say anything about Democrats not wanting to work towards a public option, when it literally says Democrats are leaning towards dropping the public option due to concerns that the healthcare industry is pushing extremely aggressively to not doing a public option (but tax credits are ok).

Time to go back to ignoring this thread for the most part until at least a month after the election because of how much a shitshow it's going to be election day and the mail-in ballots trickling in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    So Tobias, what do you have to say about Biden and the Democrats explicitly saying they aren't going to address healthcare (i.e. not even bothering to work towards a public option)
    actual article: so and so said it should happen, so and so said it shouldn’t. The Biden campaign declined to comment.

You: WTF Tobias selective reading?!
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, "No comment" does mean that you aren't going to do something, but don't have the balls to actually say so becasue you'll catch shit for it. Because if it was a ridiculous statement they'd come out and say that it was fucking stupid. I get that it's a few weeks until the election and you can't bog yourself down responding to every little question from all over the place, but healthcare is important enough it should have a clear policy. No comment on it seems really suspect.

Speaking of Healthcare, the Alberta Conservatives just took a vote the other day to make American style healthcare the priority issue in the next provincial election. I wonder how badly they're going to self destruct? They only just pulled themselves together from the last time.
    Last edited by Mattias; October 21st, 2020 at 08:52 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    This surprises you how? It's not like they didn't know about Epstein, either. They just have a "Do not disturb," policy if you earn enough money or know the right people. Jeff just became a good political tool.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    I think people already know this,but the under reporting and inaction is ridiculous.

www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-54566978

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    To be fair, "No comment" does mean that you aren't going to do something, but don't have the balls to actually say so becasue you'll catch shit for it. Because if it was a ridiculous statement they'd come out and say that it was fucking stupid. I get that it's a few weeks until the election and you can't bog yourself down responding to every little question from all over the place, but healthcare is important enough it should have a clear policy. No comment on it seems really suspect.

Speaking of Healthcare, the Alberta Conservatives just took a vote the other day to make American style healthcare the priority issue in the next provincial election. I wonder how badly they're going to self destruct? They only just pulled themselves together from the last time.
    Eh. You also have to consider whose asking for comment. Remember in end game politics you have literal thousands of news agencies and tens of thousands more individuals pretending to be news agencies vying for your attention. Thehill isn’t a complete tabloid, but it’s not exactly a top tier news source. Honestly if I had been communications director instead of drafting a statement I didn’t have time for I probably would have just said no comment or referred the questioner to my website.

healthcare is important but you can talk about that during the debates or in a stump speech, and in a time crunch you have to be willing to let the little satellite bubble news sites go by the wayside when you are putting in 20 hour days just to try to keep the right stories up on the FOX to MSNBC brand-width going

Banned
    Blog Entries

More companies and countries should follow suit.

Blog Entries
    I approve this message.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries

"With or against me" ultimatums do and should backfire.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Apolitical my ass, Chris Pratt is part of a church that’s pro gay conversion therapy. That’s pretty fucking political.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Does he go around flaunting it, though? Also, when the Quad does finally fight China, how about Australia lead the vanguard?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 22nd, 2020 at 04:31 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dude if he’s attending that church he either supports gay conversion therapy or doesn’t care about the suffering it causes.

Either way, screw him.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Fuck him, and fuck RDJ, Mark Ruffalo, all of them. Brie Larson, Tessa Thompson and Zendaya went through hell on Twitter and there was nary a word from them, now people make a dumb meme about Chris Pratt being the worst Chris and suddenly they all jump to his defence? This "old boys' club" mentality is the worst.
    Also, yeah, Chris Pratt is a prat, and fuck the manchildren who defend him just because he plays Starlord.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Imagine not giving a shit about politics and buying both Nike and Goya. Crazy, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post

To amend my previous comment in response to this, it’s also possible the no comment thing was a bit of political gamesmanship intended to draw folks offsides before the debate in which he reiterated support for the public option and rebubbed it “bidencare”. I thought that was a good moment from the debate.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://imgur.com/gallery/4wBuU4T

the president has no money
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    https://www.startribune.com/charges-...oyd/572843802/

For the record, I'm in favour of violence as a legitimate tool of protest. That said, fuck those assholes for trying to coopt and subvert Black Lives Matter protests.