View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

    7 7.95%
  • 2 years

    11 12.50%
  • 3 years

    3 3.41%
  • 4 years

    2 2.27%
  • Unimpeached after one term

    21 23.86%
  • 5 years

    0 0%
  • 6 years

    0 0%
  • 7 years

    0 0%
  • 8 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

    14 15.91%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

    30 34.09%
Page 1386 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 38688612861336137613811384138513861387138813911396 ... LastLast
Results 27,701 to 27,720 of 28433

Thread: General News Thread

  1. #27701
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,772
    Blog Entries
    4
    It's less "The West," and more "The Conservatives." To give an anecdotal example, we were actually discussing at work today how things are slow due to the pandemic. My more conservative coworkers believed that it would pick up again in the coming spring and summer, but one of my other coworkers (a fellow from Guatemala, iirc) and I agreed that it'd likely be a year or more before there's an affordable, widely available vaccine with enough saturation to normalize society. Especially since we have confirmed reinfection by the virus.

    Mentioning the word vaccine elicited a round of "I'm not getting a vaccine." When the two of us pointed out that the company would likely either require it, or would refuse to pay leave/treatment for it should you opt out, three out of my six coworkers said they would quit rather than take it. And one didn't provide a response at all. Their sentiments are pretty common.

    It's not that all of us are idiots about this. But enough of us are that it ruins it for everyone.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  2. #27702
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,199
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    It's less "The West," and more "The Conservatives." To give an anecdotal example, we were actually discussing at work today how things are slow due to the pandemic. My more conservative coworkers believed that it would pick up again in the coming spring and summer, but one of my other coworkers (a fellow from Guatemala, iirc) and I agreed that it'd likely be a year or more before there's an affordable, widely available vaccine with enough saturation to normalize society. Especially since we have confirmed reinfection by the virus.

    Mentioning the word vaccine elicited a round of "I'm not getting a vaccine." When the two of us pointed out that the company would likely either require it, or would refuse to pay leave/treatment for it should you opt out, three out of my six coworkers said they would quit rather than take it. And one didn't provide a response at all. Their sentiments are pretty common.

    It's not that all of us are idiots about this. But enough of us are that it ruins it for everyone.
    I know there are lots of sensible people out there, but news showing people protesting measures to contain the virus while refusing to wear masks just baffles me. The fear of being used as test subjects is understandable, but some reactions just don't.

  3. #27703
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,679
    Blog Entries
    5
    Actually, wasn't there news of a medicine? Then Trump approved it, and then suddenly, there's side effects, despite the same drug being previously used for other diseases. IIRC, it was hydroxychloroquine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    The alternative is the West letting people run wild. But guess the death toll and number of infected is beautiful to you since it is run under freedom.
    And this is from the same forum that called me authoritarian. Apparently, Sweden barely closed anything down, and they're relatively fine:

    It's almost as if the virus was aimed at some places, but not others.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  4. #27704
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,790
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I know there are lots of sensible people out there, but news showing people protesting measures to contain the virus while refusing to wear masks just baffles me. The fear of being used as test subjects is understandable, but some reactions just don't.

    Well we won't be seeing them that much anymore, there's always a story the day after about how a bunch of the people protesting masks ended up with Covid. I've stopped counting how many times it's happened. I've just chalked it up to people being contrarian idiots at this point. The one that baffles me is the people who decided three months ago that the best way to celebrate the lockdown being over was to go to a strip club. Over 500 people got it in only a few days.

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    And this is from the same forum that called me authoritarian. Apparently, Sweden barely closed anything down, and they're relatively fine
    They're 12th in per capita deaths, that's not good to start with and apparently, them and the US are the only two countries that started high and stayed in the upper numbers. All that "Sweden is doing well" is a lie they're trying to sell to make themselves look better.
    Last edited by Mattias; October 14th, 2020 at 10:04 PM.

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  5. #27705
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,679
    Blog Entries
    5
    And China is throwing pool parties. If it even looks like that you are infected, though, into the box you go.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  6. #27706
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,385
    JP Friend Code
    525,113,064
    I mean if you decided to ignore why hydroxychloroquine wasn't suitable and are actively spreading lies in videos without any actual elaboration I'm not sure why you want people here to consider you as anything other than a waste of space that they have to scroll past on occasion.

  7. #27707
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,217
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Actually, wasn't there news of a medicine? Then Trump approved it, and then suddenly, there's side effects, despite the same drug being previously used for other diseases. IIRC, it was hydroxychloroquine.
    Hydroxychloroquine is used for lupus, which is about as similar to a coronavirus as a monkey is to a tyrannosaurus rex. That complaint's akin to saying people suddenly decry toothpaste because your doctor says it's not a valid chemical to rinse an ingrown toenail with.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  8. #27708
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,790
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    As an anecdote, my little brother had ADD growing up and the stuff they used to help him focus was basically speed, so anytime my parents went to fill the prescription they got the 4th degree because some salespeople were caught taking the meds intended for their kids because it was easier than finding a meth dealer.

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  9. #27709
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,271
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I hadn't heard about this, is there video of his desperation?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...-like-me%3famp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  10. #27710
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,983
    I voted yesterday. Really just filled out my ballot which I will be dropping in a dropbox next week.

  11. #27711
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,772
    Blog Entries
    4
    Congrats! I voted as well yesterday. Early voting in-person. The line wasn't too bad.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  12. #27712
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,679
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    The alternative is the West letting people run wild. But guess the death toll and number of infected is beautiful to you since it is run under freedom. People choose to act like idiots and suffer for it.
    Don't worry. Your WHO overlords say that lockdowns are bad now:
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  13. #27713
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,790
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wow, I actually tried to watch that dreck to see if maybe a video you posted from there was accurate for once, but alas no such luck. They say even in the clip they chose that lockdowns should only be used when things are spreading out of control as a chance to re-group. It's the last resort option, that every country needed to do, because no-one took it seriously enough at the start. And people continue not to, since numbers are surging again.

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  14. #27714
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,199
    Blog Entries
    1
    I wonder if L3 watches whatever clip he post, or he just post them after just reading the title only.

  15. #27715
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,798
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Wow, I actually tried to watch that dreck to see if maybe a video you posted from there was accurate for once, but alas no such luck. They say even in the clip they chose that lockdowns should only be used when things are spreading out of control as a chance to re-group. It's the last resort option, that every country needed to do, because no-one took it seriously enough at the start. And people continue not to, since numbers are surging again.
    Pretty much this. People are frustrated, and the more conspiratorial among us tend to, amongst that frustration not see the forest for.the trees and try to make logical labyrinths to hide behind instead of realizing one simple fact. In many places this pandemic wasn't dealt with in a swift and appropriate measure, and people paid for it with their lives. Making up excuses that doctors were apprehensive about masks in one report or another at the start DOES NOT mean to forego masks because you don't like it.
    Honestly, I think with the way the last 10 months have gone, there just needs to be some serious critical thinking seminars. Because whoo boy, some people are really malleable to conspiracy theories.

  16. #27716
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Apparently, this person is fine:
    That is indeed the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    You know earlier this year I noted that suburban light blue women were what won 2018 and likely to be a major factor in 2020, but even I didn’t expect to see trump in Pennsylvania literally begging “suburban women, please like me”
    He'd be wasting his time. They didn't give him the vote.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_U...n_Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Pretty much this. People are frustrated, and the more conspiratorial among us tend to, amongst that frustration not see the forest for.the trees and try to make logical labyrinths to hide behind instead of realizing one simple fact. In many places this pandemic wasn't dealt with in a swift and appropriate measure, and people paid for it with their lives. Making up excuses that doctors were apprehensive about masks in one report or another at the start DOES NOT mean to forego masks because you don't like it.
    Honestly, I think with the way the last 10 months have gone, there just needs to be some serious critical thinking seminars. Because whoo boy, some people are really malleable to conspiracy theories.
    I still cannot fathom why people hate masks so much. It's one thing if I'm asked to use one because I'm "outside" when outside means "the sidewalk next to my home and no one around" but this I genuinely cannot understand.
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

  17. #27717
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,271
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    He'd be wasting his time. They didn't give him the vote.
    Do what now? I’m sorry, I’m having trouble understanding your point (it may be quite simple and I just havent had enough coffee yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  18. #27718
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,772
    Blog Entries
    4
    Same. It seems like it's less a case of a really legitimate reason most of the time, and more that it's mildly annoying, people hate being told what to do or any kind of forced change (especially from a government they often see as "The Enemy") and that a lot of people like to LARP being hardass anti-government rebels and future action-movie heroes.

    Somewhat amazingly, this last one is mostly old people, in my experience. Most young folks I know wear their damn masks and give a shit about not catching or infecting others. It's the old codgers that seem to be entitled as hell about this.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  19. #27719
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,679
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Pretty much this. People are frustrated, and the more conspiratorial among us tend to, amongst that frustration not see the forest for.the trees and try to make logical labyrinths to hide behind instead of realizing one simple fact. In many places this pandemic wasn't dealt with in a swift and appropriate measure, and people paid for it with their lives. Making up excuses that doctors were apprehensive about masks in one report or another at the start DOES NOT mean to forego masks because you don't like it.
    Honestly, I think with the way the last 10 months have gone, there just needs to be some serious critical thinking seminars. Because whoo boy, some people are really malleable to conspiracy theories.
    It's more the pattern of constantly "evolving" instructions, due to the WHO giving information on a need-to-know basis because the CCP is stuffing their mouths with money. I still remember when masks were "only to prevent people already infected from spreading it to the others" or "it's just like the flu". That being said, "WHO overlords" is not quite accurate, as the WHO is a puppet of the CCP:
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  20. #27720
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,679
    Blog Entries
    5
    So the WHO lied on the CCP's behalf, just for shits and giggles, as the Associated Press discovered? That's even worse. And nice job deleting your post.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •