View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1343 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3438431243129313331338134113421343134413451348135313931443 ... LastLast
Results 26,841 to 26,860 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    This was more my point. Hence the comments about controlling shit, as that's generally not something poor people do.

That said, I can believe Asterism's suggestion about chronic lead poisoning, particularly in their developmental years, from lead plumbing, leaded gasoline, and paint, among other things.
    I am more likely to blame Asbestos than lead at this point.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm... I don't really know, since I don't know the full range of symptoms associated with that rock dust mess, beyond being a factor in causing cancer. Lead at least I know a bit more about, and seems to fit the symptoms.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-53650246

From inside the concentration camps
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Since we at least theoretically don't live in a police-state, committing crimes or even resisting the police shouldn't merit instantaneous execution. Also even granting that dubious premise, not sure how Botham Jean was doing either of those things, unless we're only generalizing from examples that make it look like black people are somehow bringing police brutality on themselves. Oh wait, he was smoking marijuana, which is a crime, so I guess he deserved death too by this logic.

Maybe you should also rethink posting memes from an obvious diehard Trump supporter...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think we're using 2 different metrics. You're talking about "deserve", while I'm only talking about cause and effect. If one resists arrest, things escalate, possibly to death.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Or you can accept arrest and still have your throat crushed.

Or beaten to death by four cops in the back of a van while you're in cuffs.
    Last edited by Mattias; August 4th, 2020 at 09:14 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I suspect the countries on Earth where chances of ever being killed while in custody police equal an absolute zero are in an even more absolute minority.

All that being said, I'd still take my chances with the North American police over those from Latin America, Africa, or most of Asia.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, at least NA has the veneer of accountability.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53659282

Since it hasn't been posted here yet, enormous explosion in Beirut kills at least 100 people
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    I think we're using 2 different metrics. You're talking about "deserve", while I'm only talking about cause and effect. If one resists arrest, things escalate, possibly to death.
    Death should be reserved for... you know, people beyond "fixing".

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Again, we seem to be talking about the same event but different metrics.

Blog Entries
    Again, we seem to be talking about the same event but different metrics.
    I mean, the dude in that video is basically outright saying people only complain about police brutality because they're committing crimes. It's pretty naive to take that as a purely factual statement of cause-and-effect with no moral implication. It may be true that complying with a violent occupying force (which is unfortunately what the police are becoming in many parts of the US) reduces your chances of getting killed, but that doesn't mean you should accept the existence of such a violent occupying force as the default. Saying "don't mouth off to cops if you don't want to get shot" might be sound advice, but it puts the onus on black people to tiptoe around police for fear of violent death, instead of on cops to just do their jobs and not be violent assholes.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thing is, resisting arrest, specifically violently resisting arrest, will of course result in law enforcement responding in kind. Again, this is the realm of asking a robber to return your goods nicely, if you get accosted. The one who isn't breaking the law shouldn't be obligated to do more to convenience the one who is. Also, who's occupying what now?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; August 5th, 2020 at 05:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thing is, resisting arrest, specifically violently resisting arrest, will of course result in law enforcement responding in kind. Again, this is the realm of asking a robber to return your goods nicely, if you get accosted. The one who isn't breaking the law shouldn't be obligated to do more to convenience the one who is. Also, who's occupying what now?
    I'm not talking about violently resisting arrest, though. George Floyd wasn't doing anything violent, he was just flailing around and freaking out, while already handcuffed mind you. There was absolutely no danger that justified killing him. Obviously it would be a different story if he was waving a gun around or something, but that isn't what happened.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code

The thing is, "resisting arrest" is in reality a catch-all term that Cops can use to arrest literally anyone. eg- a Couple years ago I saw a video about cops that were taking photos of some young men outside a courthouse. Their Lawyer walked up to the cops and said something like "please stop bothering to my clients" and the cops just went "You're under arrest for resisting arrest" (she did not resist).

"Resisting Arrest" is police talk for "I want to arrest you, but have no actual charges to levy".

That is, in addition to actual resisting arrest.

Blog Entries
    And it's always been like that, the only reason they're not getting away with it as much any more is because literally everyone is carrying a recording device around with them these days.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    The thing is, "resisting arrest" is in reality a catch-all term that Cops can use to arrest literally anyone. eg- a Couple years ago I saw a video about cops that were taking photos of some young men outside a courthouse. Their Lawyer walked up to the cops and said something like "please stop bothering to my clients" and the cops just went "You're under arrest for resisting arrest" (she did not resist).

"Resisting Arrest" is police talk for "I want to arrest you, but have no actual charges to levy".

That is, in addition to actual resisting arrest.
    But that's just it. If that's the case, then after the initial arrest, there would be no further charge. Afterwards, you can counter-sue for unlawful arrest, especially if there are body cameras, witnesses, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    George Floyd wasn't doing anything violent, he was just flailing around and freaking out
    Wait. Those 2 lines appear to contradict each other.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    But that's just it. If that's the case, then after the initial arrest, there would be no further charge. Afterwards, you can counter-sue for unlawful arrest, especially if there are body cameras, witnesses, etc.
    This is the video

Dude, do you really not realise the problem here? She, as an attorney asked the Police to stop illegally detaining her Client (I believe the left one) and she was arrested for it, so that the Police could continue their illegal actions. The fact that she was later released without Charge doesn't matter. What does matter, is that this is a blatant and illegal action, and the Cops that did it never faced any repercussions.

The fact that you think it's okay that authority figures in the US can illegally arrest their Citizens with impunity is very concerning.