View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1426 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 42692613261376141614211424142514261427142814311436 ... LastLast
Results 28,501 to 28,520 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Not quite sure what this means.
    Democracy and Authoritarianism are not inherently right or wrong. The term dictablanda was created for a reason. A dictator was the best leader we had so far despite being dead for over 40 years.

What's inherently wrong is forbidding stuff, not achieving things through the use of force. If Bernie Sanders was a dictator with unlimited powers and we assumed he wouldn't go power hungry like Fidel Castro did, it would be far better than a democratically elected centrist who doesn't believe healthcare is a human right.

The idea of democracy is to keep a sword of Damocles around those who govern. Minding our needs is their job. The federal government in the US should be ruled by experts and not someone who has been sitting in a bench yapping around 4 decades.

This also means democracy in China wouldn't fix the source of the issues: confucian hierarchical views on how society should be run and the East Asian affair with collectivism.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, for better or worse, China and Korea have the habit of praising their conquerors, whilst vilifying their attempted conquerors. When engaging such countries, shamelessly plow ahead because should you reach the "goal", they'll thank you for it. Sprinkle in some Droit du seigneur (Mongolian style, rather than Mesopotamian style, obviously) for good measure. "Should you" being the operative words. Again, if you fail, they'll definitely hate you for it. Like I would literally find it hilarious if China convinced the US to stop interfering in any Asian business, and then Japan decides to invade almost instantly. The last pockets of Chinese resistance during WWII would have fallen had Japan not surrendered, due to the nukes.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It's not so much my opinion getting filtered as much as you describing it as epic making me think something interesting happened somewhere in the 4:30 hour stream I found. All I could see in the succinct summaries was that there was a binder of possible violations, a handful of witnesses, and the Dems sniping at the committee chair (and Guilanni as well) because he wouldn't dismiss everything out of hand. And another hearing tomorrow for either more witnesses or another separate lawsuit?

Other than the length, I can't really see what makes that 'epic' so what was so stand out? Especially against the multiple other similar lawsuits that have been going on for the last few weeks?
    It's different because it's not a lawsuit. So there is no judge that can go 'case closed, yes I definitely looked through the ten dossiers of evidence and I can tell this is a huge nothingburger yawn anybody else sleepy?'. These people have to listen to this by law even if they don't like hearing things they don't like hearing.

A pretty spicy point would be that time where one of the representatives goes:
    - Wait, this lady was already a witness in a dismissed case. Why should we take this seriously if a judge already had her overturned?
    the answer to which would be
    - Because she didn't testify. The judge didn't talk to her. There was no hearing. Ask the judge, they denied talking to her.

Seems there will be one per contested state, anyway.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I see.

Though isn't the final elector vote on the 15th? And there's what, six more contested states? That's a lot of running around assuming Rudy is going to be at each one.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How quickly you turn on each other. It's like those cannibals from Robinson Crusoe. So how about, instead of senseless caricatures, we have rational conversation, like this:

This is something that even I agree with.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; December 3rd, 2020 at 10:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have been saying it was a dumb ass slogan before we had an election in which multiple enemies of said slogan successfully weaponized it and proved me right.

don’t shoot the messenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    But a good slogan is necessary to brainwash people. So 'Yes we can' and 'Make America Great Again' are good stuff.

Blog Entries
    Hey, I have nothing against the power of something short and catchy. A good slogan has real power. But a bad slogan also has real power and defund the police is without a doubt the biggest unforced messaging error I have quite literally ever heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Hey, I have nothing against the power of something short and catchy. A good slogan has real power. But a bad slogan also has real power and defund the police is without a doubt the biggest unforced messaging error I have quite literally ever heard.
    I guess they are out of creative juices when trying to think of something catchy for that campaign.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Leftists are already embracing Blue MAGA. It's gotten to the point where they are stealing slogans from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Democracy and Authoritarianism are not inherently right or wrong. The term dictablanda was created for a reason. A dictator was the best leader we had so far despite being dead for over 40 years.

What's inherently wrong is forbidding stuff, not achieving things through the use of force. If Bernie Sanders was a dictator with unlimited powers and we assumed he wouldn't go power hungry like Fidel Castro did, it would be far better than a democratically elected centrist who doesn't believe healthcare is a human right.

The idea of democracy is to keep a sword of Damocles around those who govern. Minding our needs is their job. The federal government in the US should be ruled by experts and not someone who has been sitting in a bench yapping around 4 decades.

This also means democracy in China wouldn't fix the source of the issues: confucian hierarchical views on how society should be run and the East Asian affair with collectivism.
    Castro was not "power hungry"

Or, more to the point, significantly more power hungry than any other world leader.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, most modern leaders are better than Mao Zedong, in that they're at least potty-trained.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    [QUOTE=AsGryffynn;3097302]A dictator was the best leader we had so far despite being dead for over 40 years./QUOTE]

You're not seriously praising Franco.

Blog Entries
    Anybody got any idea why Trump keeps purging national security officials and replacing them with his campaign crew? This is making me worry he's about to go to war with Iran or something as a parting shot.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Castro was not "power hungry"

Or, more to the point, significantly more power hungry than any other world leader.
    Most power hungry leaders don't go quite as far as establishing themselves presidentes for life and then setting things so their brother inherits the throne after they die. At least not anymore, thank God.

Not power hungry my ass, Castro was a fucking creep.

you're wrong

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Most power hungry leaders don't go quite as far as establishing themselves presidentes for life and then setting things so their brother inherits the throne after they die. At least not anymore, thank God.
    The fact he went with his brother who was only a few years younger than him rather than make it one of his children (wikipedia says he has at least 9), makes it look more like he wanted to continue the thing he spent his life building, rather than hand it down to his bloodline like Kims do.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Anybody got any idea why Trump keeps purging national security officials and replacing them with his campaign crew? This is making me worry he's about to go to war with Iran or something as a parting shot.
    Best guess is either war or trying to use the military to deal with internal affairs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Like it or not, it gets right to the heart of the problem. Any other rephrasing allows for weaselly bullshit, cause "reform the police" sounds good but doesn't call out the problem that police budget is ridiculous enough as it is, letting people like Biden say that the true problem police face is that they don't have enough funding to reform themselves.

As for complaining about it being weaponized by Republicans, blame Democrats for their absolutely pathetic reactionary response to "defund the police" much like their whole approach to "black lives matter" since Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.