View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1325 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3258251225127513151320132313241325132613271330133513751425 ... LastLast
Results 26,481 to 26,500 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Well this feels counter-productive.
    Dude, I'm pretty sure the protesters didn't knock down that statue. For one thing, every time they knocked down statues, it was done out in the open.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Dude, I'm pretty sure the protesters didn't knock down that statue. For one thing, every time they knocked down statues, it was done out in the open.
    And who vandalized the Little Mermaid statue in Copenhagen calling her a "racist fish"?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I'm telling you, it's gonna be GHOSTS.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    It should be obvious they don't care if it's a Conquistador or Martin Luther King. Nobody physically tearing the statues down has any idea who it is unless it's literally Abraham Lincoln. The more mob-like folk becomes the more it abhors that which stands above it, the more it abhors depictions of virtue, the more it abhors aspirations of the past that it itself cannot compare to. At the end of it, the enemy of the commune is the individual, and his power to stand out of the line and change the world.

I'm qualified to do art preservation, it's a nepotistic area of work but I've got the papers. History tells us that statues of all and every sort are raised in spite of the public, and removed at its behest. I wish the public removed ugly ass 'concept'(lol) plastics from historic squares and public spaces, art that does not mean anything, art that does not evoke anything, art of precisely no cultural value to take offense at, but also no cultural value to be passed on, I wish they ruined those with the same fervency they dedicate to vandalizing anything that's too specific for its tastes.

We can observe this at the lowest possible level. A group of teenagers gets drunk and draws dicks and red stars and pentagrams and haakenkreuzes on a statue stand with a lipstick. Happens every day in every corner of the world, the most common act of vandalism possible, there is no political statement no matter what there is next to the dicks. Why do they do this? Because at this moment, they are tribal, they are overtaken by the urge to belong, and this cold marble proof of something external and greater than the sum of society's parts is anathema.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    It should be obvious they don't care if it's a Conquistador or Martin Luther King. Nobody physically tearing the statues down has any idea who it is unless it's literally Abraham Lincoln. The more mob-like folk becomes the more it abhors that which stands above it, the more it abhors depictions of virtue, the more it abhors aspirations of the past that it itself cannot compare to. At the end of it, the enemy of the commune is the individual, and his power to stand out of the line and change the world.

I'm qualified to do art preservation, it's a nepotistic area of work but I've got the papers. History tells us that statues of all and every sort are raised in spite of the public, and removed at its behest. I wish the public removed ugly ass 'concept'(lol) plastics from historic squares and public spaces, art that does not mean anything, art that does not evoke anything, art of precisely no cultural value to take offense at, but also no cultural value to be passed on, I wish they ruined those with the same fervency they dedicate to vandalizing anything that's too specific for its tastes.

We can observe this at the lowest possible level. A group of teenagers gets drunk and draws dicks and red stars and pentagrams and haakenkreuzes on a statue stand with a lipstick. Happens every day in every corner of the world, the most common act of vandalism possible, there is no political statement no matter what there is next to the dicks. Why do they do this? Because at this moment, they are tribal, they are overtaken by the urge to belong, and this cold marble proof of something external and greater than the sum of society's parts is anathema.
    So what you're saying is that they're envious of the statues?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    No, that's missing the point. The point is that being in a crowd is one of the ways there are to at least temporarily lose one's individuality - one of others being the alcohol mentioned above. When you're in this state, you are confused by anything that's alien, anything that is personal, anything that is individual. Anyone who steps up to the podium and says words which are not in line with what you have been told, words which confuse your mind. A statue, every statue, is proof of individual, distinct accomplishment of one human, even if the accomplishment is in favor of the mob. As such, it cannot be allowed to exist in mob rule.

Literally every iconoclastic period of history is either a specific ruler banishing the memory of a specific previous ruler, or like this. At a time when society gets together to act in unison for whatever reason, people will destroy everything that depicts anything. It just happens.

Bro, these statues are hollow, mass-produced junk made with recycled materials.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm sure that's what they're thinking about when they're STICKING IT TO THE MAN.

Blog Entries
    masha allah stop this reddit tier individualism meme

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    That's a shame. I was just about to get started on Muslim understanding of individuality and reason, and how it relates to their views on idolatry.

Blog Entries
    don't worry, i wouldn't care either way

Blog Entries
    Ah, hey, Kamerad's back. Wb to the madhouse.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I mean I'm not even expressing individualist beliefs or anything, just making clear that this is a concept that is present in people's heads which is why they do these things. I'm hardly the first person in 2000 years to say that when you try to create art for the common folk, you end up with progressively more retarded things until nothing works for the people at all, and all the art that gets made is just an extension of state control.

Maybe you should try to grow up in a country that was communist sometime. The void that is found at the depths of consumption, and the void that is found when the mob is catered to, is the very same void.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Bro, these statues are hollow, mass-produced junk made with recycled materials.
    They're meant to symbolize individuals who have achieved at least some modicum of glory. Of course, they are hated by the rabble who have none of it, and depending on when or why they were made, they are valuable pieces of history that cannot be remade (again, a new instance will not have the same value as the original), even after the peasant mob has calmed down. Best to calm them down, by force if necessary, to minimize the damage. The First Amendment, which protects peaceful protest, does NOT protect violent protest. Spare me your necessary violence nonsense. Don't worry. With their leaders removed, that same mob will just follow whoever offed their previous leaders, if for no other reason than necessity, such as the Yellow Turbans worship for Cao Cao and/or Liu Bei, despite the 2 (and others) getting Zhang Jiao killed.
    No, that's missing the point. The point is that being in a crowd is one of the ways there are to at least temporarily lose one's individuality - one of others being the alcohol mentioned above. When you're in this state, you are confused by anything that's alien, anything that is personal, anything that is individual. Anyone who steps up to the podium and says words which are not in line with what you have been told, words which confuse your mind. A statue, every statue, is proof of individual, distinct accomplishment of one human, even if the accomplishment is in favor of the mob. As such, it cannot be allowed to exist in mob rule.

Literally every iconoclastic period of history is either a specific ruler banishing the memory of a specific previous ruler, or like this. At a time when society gets together to act in unison for whatever reason, people will destroy everything that depicts anything. It just happens.
    Yep, that's what my mom experienced when the commie filth of the Chinese government had its students write "persuasive" essays about why "the people" are superior to individual heroes.
    I mean I'm not even expressing individualist beliefs or anything, just making clear that this is a concept that is present in people's heads which is why they do these things. I'm hardly the first person in 2000 years to say that when you try to create art for the common folk, you end up with progressively more retarded things until nothing works for the people at all, and all the art that gets made is just an extension of state control.

Maybe you should try to grow up in a country that was communist sometime. The void that is found at the depths of consumption, and the void that is found when the mob is catered to, is the very same void.
    Most American communists have either ignorantly never lived under communism (well, now, some might have in those autonomous zones, but that's essentially anarchy) or are secretly 50 cent trolls.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 6th, 2020 at 10:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Ah, hey, Kamerad's back. Wb to the madhouse.
    Namaste

The only art for common folk i believe is anime, everything else should be compulsively destroyed

yes, eating is the same as eating, that's p obvious

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    Namaste

The only art for common folk i believe is anime, everything else should be compulsively destroyed

yes, eating is the same as eating, that's p obvious
    Anime sculptures, then. Should I get one of Lord Heydrich?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    That's not just an incredibly prejudiced and egotistical viewpoint, it's patently wrong (because it's not as if the protesters have gone on a statue-tearing fender bender throughout the world, they very specifically targeted the statues of slavers and colonialists).

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    whining
    The statues have no artistic value. Dunno why you want me to lie to you about that's just the reality.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The statues have no artistic value. Dunno why you want me to lie to you about that's just the reality.
    Now now, as far as I know Fearless Girl is still unharmed.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    That's not just an incredibly prejudiced and egotistical viewpoint, it's patently wrong (because it's not as if the protesters have gone on a statue-tearing fender bender throughout the world, they very specifically targeted the statues of slavers and colonialists).
    I don't live in America so I wouldn't know shit, but just from what I'm getting:
    Vitruvian Man in Denver, built by a lady btw, I kinda hate this statue but is Leonardo Da Vinci a fascist? Or did the protesters just read the plaque and not think?
    Bill Monroe? I guess they thought he's related to Monroe who also had his statues vandalized for owning slaves like 8 of the 10 early presidents? Damnatio Memoriae, anyone?
    Matthias Baldwyn took it early. Also abolitionist.
    Robert de Bruce, the fourteenth century king of Scotland? What's he got to do with moors?
    Gandhi? Memes aside, seriously, Gandhi?

What is art but pointer to the transcendental? To tear down the statue means to assume that the soul resides within it, when it does not. Tearing down the statue does not undo the person's accomplishments. It gets them out of sight. That's all it does, and that's all it's about. That's because the looks are also all the mob can comprehend. There can be no ideology in a crowd. There can only be ideas they started with, and they will fade over time.