View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

    8 8.89%
  • 2 years

    11 12.22%
  • 3 years

    3 3.33%
  • 4 years

    2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

    22 24.44%
  • 5 years

    0 0%
  • 6 years

    0 0%
  • 7 years

    0 0%
  • 8 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

    14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

    30 33.33%
Page 1465 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 465965136514151455146014631464146514661467 ... LastLast
Results 29,281 to 29,300 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

  1. #29281
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,028
    Blog Entries
    4
    Meanwhile, the party splits and the ForeverTrumpers become the US version of Hezbollah.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  2. #29282
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,361
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Meanwhile, the party splits and the ForeverTrumpers become the US version of Hezbollah.
    I still wonder if they have the guts to walk the walk again.

  3. #29283
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    In their minds, no. Therefore, this fun little deception is appropriate justice for people who think that way:
    https://www.amazon.com/Almost-Black-.../dp/1483576043

    i swear, if Trump still turns this shit around like the Q people say, i am unironically going to make a Shinza Bansho meme.

    "Reject Zoar. Embrace Omega Ewigkeit"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    And so begins the rehabilitation of the Republican party. They can wash their hands completely of the Trump brand and once again be viewed as a "reasonable" party amongst polite society.
    you mean "cowardly and self-imprisioning society" i am sure

  4. #29284
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    England
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,354
    US Friend Code
    139729726
    Blog Entries
    7
    Bruh, Trump called for a treasonous coup because he lost the election and he's crying about losing social media because he can't tell the difference between freedom of speech and freedom of consequence.

    "cowardly and self-imprisioning society"

    Again, treasonous coup. No politician or buisiness thinking about their future career in their right mind is gonna openly support Trump. Look outside and see how many people are cutting ties with him.

  5. #29285
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,028
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I still wonder if they have the guts to walk the walk again.


    Well, I mean, 2020 was the best turnout they've ever had, pitted against a sleepy, senile old man whose main merits are that he was Obama's VP and he's not Trump. A guy who's second or third pick for most of his party base with minimal enthusiasm in favor. They had an incumbent President, extraordinary gerrymandering, structural advantages in the Senate and Electoral College, and the President literally handing out checks to the people on top of their biggest turnout ever.

    They couldn't retake the House.
    They lost the Senate.
    They lost the Presidency.

    They have only one Popular Vote win in the past eight election cycles. That's 32 years. And that required 9/11, three wars, an incumbent President, and stimulus checks to pull off.

    The movement is just plain dying out. Elections aren't going to be an option for them outside of the local level. That means they're going to need an alternative way to get what they want.

    They're powered by a dying generation with no one to replace them. The young voters are overwhelmingly their opponents. The movement is dying.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; January 13th, 2021 at 02:25 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  6. #29286
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,917
    Blog Entries
    5

    Being banned in China should be a badge of honor, like being banned in North Korea.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  7. #29287
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post

    They're powered by a dying generation with no one to replace them. The young voters are overwhelmingly their opponents. The movement is dying.
    you dont understand the Streisand effect do you?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post

    Again, treasonous coup.
    this summer, in a democrat city near you

  8. #29288
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,028
    Blog Entries
    4
    You know that only applies when information is actively hidden and not simply deemed ineffective and obsolete, making it irrelevant, right?

    It's not that Conservatives are being concealed or their ideologies and achievements hidden. It's that the majority of younger voters here don't value or support them.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  9. #29289
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    You know that only applies when information is actively hidden

    you dont understand why the Right has been uber pissed at google searches and social media removing posts and content, do you?


    just today i punched in something that was mentioned in a documentary about psychic children in china. google gave me trash. duckduckgo gave me several CIA document troves.

    i also punched in "proud boys website" on both google and duckduckgo. google only gave me hit pieces. duckduckgo gave me their official website as the first result

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post

    It's not that Conservatives are being concealed or their ideologies and achievements hidden.
    you have no idea why Pride is considered a Sin, do you?

    well, if you want to hear the reasoning from the mouth of a famous Canadian clinical psychologist, it is because "you think that you are aware of the totality of information and facts and act according to your incomplete perception, often with catastrophic results"

    TLDR: the prideful are a bunch of blind fuckers

  10. #29290
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,028
    Blog Entries
    4
    All I can say is, hope you're enjoying yourself XD

    Correction, Trump has now been impeached again, this time with bipartisan support. So I did have something else to say. My bad.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; January 13th, 2021 at 06:40 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  11. #29291
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,881
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    And so begins the rehabilitation of the Republican party. They can wash their hands completely of the Trump brand and once again be viewed as a "reasonable" party amongst polite society.
    Hopefully not. Since they pretty much have already made asses out of themselves as much as Trump has.
    I will personally mark down anyone that starts that "principled Republicans" bull, as much of a loon as the transparent loonies.

  12. #29292
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post

    Correction, Trump has now been impeached again, this time with bipartisan support. So I did have something else to say. My bad.

    And this is meaningless as Mitch doesnt seem to want to do shit, nor Pence

    https://twitter.com/jennfranconews/s...40104529920?s=20

  13. #29293
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,881
    Blog Entries
    2
    We'll see. Since they are now basically doing their hyped up version of what they did with Bush and pretending like none of these terrible things ever happened, the way forward would be to continue kicking up a stink so that it doesn't fade in the public consciousness. Because eventually even the voters will forget their love of Trump, and rally around whatever person the Conservatives will line up as their next hopeful.
    Their xenophobia, their racism, their ignorance, all that may continue under whatever lunatic banner they'll support next, but Trump himself will fade as the party recalibrates themselves, their constituents will follow suit.

  14. #29294
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Their xenophobia, their racism, their ignorance
    when was the last time you had a face to face conversation with a Trumo supporter that previously wasnt a regular voter for the Republican party?

  15. #29295
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,028
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    when was the last time you had a face to face conversation with a Trumo supporter that previously wasnt a regular voter for the Republican party?
    That's not likely to change his statement, unfortunately.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  16. #29296
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,881
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    when was the last time you had a face to face conversation with a Trumo supporter that previously wasnt a regular voter for the Republican party?
    Many actually. There were a few when I worked with Westat and there were interesting conversations. Quite a few who were former Clinton and Obama supporters even. However, the disparity that one can see when dealing with the Establishment in the Democratic Party does not absolve those people or regular conservatives from seeing how destructive Trump was, amd I never let them off the hook to think so either. You basically voted in Don King because he made you laugh and you were angry at the Dems, not really taking into account several other factors.
    In fact I mentioned earlier I think that the often the difference between the Left and the Right is that there are less hiveminds on the Left. Which people on the Right talk about the left eating itself all the time, but that is actually a healthy thing to have, as it keeps you from living in a bubble.
    The way you have growth is to converse with people who disagree with you, and I have run the gamut with people over the years. You mentioned blind pride to Twelve, but you were exhibiting just that.

    When asked about the immigration issue, you mentioned immigration of Asians and Indians and were crass enough to say "is that not brown enough"? That's arrogance right there.
    The point was not that people on the left prefer one sort of immigration to another, but that the situation at the border is misunderstood. Kinda like how the war on drugs BS doesn't take into account nearly all of drug trafficking occurs at ports of entry, or that crimes are most often committed by native borne Americans, not immigrants, which this country uses often if you've ever worked a freaking retail job in your life, yet the Right demonizes at every juncture.
    I mean Trump was literally caught indulging with his own undocumented workers, but that was quickly drowned out with whatever news blurb came up at the time. Its the hypocrisy I can't stand, and the inability of his supporters to just take a step back and think that maybe a billionaire who was brazen enough to yoink money from a 9/11 small business restoration fund likely doesn't have their own best interests at heart or anyone elses.
    Point is, that no matter how much of a open scumbag the guy ended up being or how many he hurt, it always got swept under the rug.

  17. #29297
    "Point is, that no matter how much of a open scumbag the guy ended up being or how many he hurt, it always got swept under the rug."

    because no one is perfect and he did far more good than harm. even with the pandemic issue, most of his supporters understand that it was an unprecedented situation and that not only does he not have the power to force states to do anything, but also that it wouldnt make sense for a one-size fits all approach. even my Canadian friend says that for his country, a top down approach would have been the worst thing ever.

    "amd I never let them off the hook to think so"

    Pride right there. you want to be vindicated via beating people over the head and telling them "see? i was right! my believes were right and you were wrong!"

    "In fact I mentioned earlier I think that the often the difference between the Left and the Right is that there are less hiveminds on the Left. Which people on the Right talk about the left eating itself all the time, but that is actually a healthy thing to have, as it keeps you from living in a bubble.
    The way you have growth is to converse with people who disagree with you, and I have run the gamut with people over the years."

    funny how the right says that they have these exact same positives as you claim the left has and would say you definetely have a much larger, albeit far more destructive hive mentality. your "eating itself" isnt about bursting bubbles. it is about absolute far leftist ideological purity and now feminist JK Rowling is a nazi in you guys' eyes because she isnt down with the rapidely degenerating trans agenda which causes people to develop a 41% chance of suicide. holy shit, imagine a population where almost half might commit suicide at any moment.


    "The point was not that people on the left prefer one sort of immigration to another, but that the situation at the border is misunderstood."


    how often have you listened to ICE officers speaking on the various issues?



    "that crimes are most often committed by native borne Americans, not immigrants"

    cant remember the exact points and the statistical evidence presented but i have seen people debunk this idea with statistics


    "if you've ever worked a freaking retail job in your life, yet the Right demonizes at every juncture."

    even Bernie was against this in 2016 because it fucks up the supply and demand and therefore wages and purchasing power for the average american. it isnt racism, it is economics. He flat out stated that this form of migration was a Koch Brothers agenda. how do you feel knowing that big money Koch bought your ideological alignment?


    https://www.vox.com/2015/7/29/904840...s-open-borders


    "I mean Trump was literally caught indulging with his own undocumented workers, but that was quickly drowned out with whatever news blurb came up at the time."

    I have seen the media lie about this dude so much that i would need to go back and see if any centrists or conservatives made any attempt at debunking this with facts and evidence
    Last edited by fire_mountain_30; January 13th, 2021 at 09:00 PM.

  18. #29298
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,434
    JP Friend Code
    525,113,064
    How the fuck can you say he did more good than harm with regards to the pandemic? Please don't try to spin the completely avoidable deaths of many Americans as unavoidable.

  19. #29299
    アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,496
    Blog Entries
    1
    i'm still waiting for FM to posit that george floyd was a secret psychic chinese agent and was killed because he attempted to psychically attack the policeman holding him


    quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

    [16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

    [22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

  20. #29300
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,361
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    i'm still waiting for FM to posit that george floyd was a secret psychic chinese agent and was killed because he attempted to psychically attack the policeman holding him
    George is already being attacked on the basis that he was once a criminal, so the cops are right to exercise force on him since he might resist. They can say this even with the video showing the opposite, so supporters can spew whatever shit they want. This is the new norm, where populism will override anything and everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •