View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1293 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2937931193124312831288129112921293129412951298130313431393 ... LastLast
Results 25,841 to 25,860 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Whether or not someone retain any 'goodness' in being a cop, they will inevitably lose that one way or another. See Christopher Dorner.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    @Asterism: Lol. Not me, but yeah, it's kind of like that. Some are p good folks who take their obligations seriously. Others are almost comical in how much they feel like stereotypical "dirty cops."

@Kamerad: That's essentially making an argument against all forms of law enforcement, or authority in general. Seems out of place.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; May 31st, 2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    i used a very specific example, but okay
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    Whether or not someone retain any 'goodness' in being a cop, they will inevitably lose that one way or another. See Christopher Dorner.
    Right

There are good people who go on to become cops, but they don't stay good people.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    i used a very specific example, but okay
    Fair enough. I guess a better way to read your statement would be that the corruption within the institution inevitably twists or drives out those who pursued the career for altruistic reasons.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    I never worked with them before, but a friend of mine who became a cop noted that sometimes, they encounter and had to deal with so many scums that they become one themselves to avoid trouble.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Right

There are good people who go on to become cops, but they don't stay good people.
    That or get fired

Blog Entries
    No kidding. And just look at the guy that filmed the Floyd killing; he wasn't involved and didn't try to intervene, but there was a push to charge him for doing nothing... except that if he had done something, he would have been breaking the law.

Also, it seems like the Floyd protests are expanding beyond our borders. Trump's sending in the military domestically, or at least trying to, but what's going to happen now that places like Toronto and London are starting to see police brutality and racial violence protests?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    No kidding. And just look at the guy that filmed the Floyd killing; he wasn't involved and didn't try to intervene, but there was a push to charge him for doing nothing... except that if he had done something, he would have been breaking the law.

Also, it seems like the Floyd protests are expanding beyond our borders. Trump's sending in the military domestically, or at least trying to, but what's going to happen now that places like Toronto and London are starting to see police brutality and racial violence protests?
    More Twitter meltdowns
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

I'm very worried about these big gatherings spreading the virus.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I doubt very much the rioters are respecting social distance while burning and looting local commerces.

This is gonna cause another big coronavirus peak, without a doubt.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    virus is cancelled, we racism now
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    I certainly hope we will not see the US army mowing down the protesters.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Ahahahaha... no.
    I've worked with cops. Twice with them as my immediate superiors, once with one as my trainer, and I've had encounters with them in the capacity of bystander, suspect, victim, and witness. Most of my interactions with them have been relatively benign. Especially the shorter ones. Many of these would have gotten nice reviews, if that was a thing I do. However, at least two of my three work experiences with them were unpleasant and showed me a toxic subculture that is not conducive to their official purpose. One of the shittiest people I've ever worked with was a retired cop. Likewise, I had a now-deceased friend, and another friend who was a coworker, who were actively robbed by police at different points.

ACaB doesn't fit with my experience, but there's definitely a vein of pure scum in the institution that infects those within. And it's important to note that I'm white. I'm a non-threatening, unremarkable person in appearance. My experiences don't reflect those of other ethnicities, and they're still checkered.

I don't see these guys changing, honestly. Riots or not.
    I had a few and the answer is a lot different: it depends on standards. Most of my bad experiences were regional security forces (Municipal Police), with those involving the national police or the Guardia Civil (Civil Guard, essentially gendarmerie) being rather nice. The difference is that the latter get a lot more respect, are considered prestigious institutions and have better working conditions. The environment they work in also affects how they'd act in dangerous tense situations or stand offs.

I don't recall a single intervention by the Mossos (other regional police), so no clue how bad they can be, but I do have a friend who works as one and he seems pretty nice, so nvm.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Feels like that would have garnered a whole lot more attention if it had happened.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Feels like that would have garnered a whole lot more attention if it had happened.
    It will be too late when the world realized what had happened.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    You're talking about north of 63 million people as if they were all white supremacists? Seriously? Also, ANTIFA has been known for turning protests violent.
    Ok, let's take this in parts:
    1) I am absolutely not opposed to violent protest. People HAVE tried peaceful protests, and it led to nothing. Many of the current ones actually started out peacefully until the police came in. People with power don't let go of that power unless you somehow make them.

2) Yes. I am absolutely saying that 63 million are white supremacists by virtue of complicitness, if nothing else - though I'd bet good money a pretty hefty chunk of them absolutely would do the same kind of shit the McMichaels did if they thought they could get away with it.

3) You *are* aware, I hope, of the hypocrisy of trying to paint all antifa (more of a decentralised ideology than an actual organised movement) protestants under the worst light possible because of the actions of some (*if* those actions should even be condemned in the first place - see point 1) while condemning doing the same thing to MAGA people for defending, actively supporting, or being complicit with white supremacy?

ETA: "[H]e’s ashamed of his past behavior that included yelling obscenities and destroying property"? Fucking hell, someone give baby his warm milk and tuck him in bed before he hurts himself in his stupidity.

Like, I'm a left winger (honest), but you all act as if not being on your side meant I was against yours!
    Yeah, I don't know how else to tell you this, but if you see a *police officer murdering a man right on the street and go unpunished* and your main concern is with property damage? You are absolutely a part of the problem.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; June 1st, 2020 at 09:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    I don't see anything about a communication blackout, but the rest is crazy enough. And this thing does seem to be spreading beyond the US. There are predictions Floyd's death and the violence that followed will become a talking point of the Republicans as a reason to oppose Biden... though I wonder if that wouldn't backfire...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning