View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 811 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3117117618018068098108118128138168218619111311 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,220 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    Actually I want to come back to this for a second: if you're interested in actually defending your coreligionists as you here imply, will you finally admit, now that he's done it, that Trump WAS serious about the Muslim Ban?
    Dood, he's signed out.

And I honestly don't see the purpose of asking this, you're not gonna get the answer you want, this is just kinda picking fights.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Fascinating, now tell me, how, in your mind, does a man who just tried shit on a tourist visa in another country justify plotting to ban refugees and legal residents to the United States for a year?

Fascinating, now tell me, how, in your mind, does a man who just tried shit on a tourist visa in another country justify plotting to ban refugees and legal residents to the United States for a year?
    I mean, Egypt isn't even on the Ban list so I'm kinda confused here too.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    And I honestly don't see the purpose of asking this, you're not gonna get the answer you want, this is just kinda picking fights.
    It is directly relevant to the the topic at hand and a response to running concerns.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/b_fung/status/827603264833277953

Not fascists.

I mean, that's dickish yes, but I'm not sure if I'd call that fascist.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Banned
    Yeah there's nothing fascist about attacking open access to communication, organization, and information that the UN has deemed a human right.

Yeah there's nothing fascist about attacking open access to communication, organization, and information that the UN has deemed a human right.
    I mean, public libraries are a thing, and every one of them that I've been to allows free access to the internet.

This is more about private access which, while it's pretty dickish of them to try to save a nickel via pulling support of these subsidies, isn't tyranny or anything.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    I take it we're now allowed to punch the FCC commissioner, in accordance with his sentence of fascism.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Not really, but it lends credence that a fake doesn't. As a whole, I am alright with banning people with no visas, but not returning workers who had a permit as of the time of the ban. I did disagree with some of it, but I don't think scrapping every single Executive Order the Trump Office has issued might change things for the better. People like him or don't. A poll said so. It's either with him or against him. US residents don't enjoy compromise, and they will refuse to capitulate unless threatened...

Not really, but it lends credence that a fake doesn't. As a whole, I am alright with banning people with no visas, but not returning workers who had a permit as of the time of the ban. I did disagree with some of it, but I don't think scrapping every single Executive Order the Trump Office has issued might change things for the better. People like him or don't. A poll said so. It's either with him or against him. US residents don't enjoy compromise, and they will refuse to capitulate unless threatened...
    At the very least, I'd prefer it if the EOs were overwritten by bills that passed through congress and had more thought put into the implementation.

Large changes in policy should be put on the floor for debate before being implemented.

It wasn't any cooler when Obama did EOs, but he had the excuse of Congress actively working against him.

Trump has a legislative branch with his party in full control, there's no reason this stuff shouldn't have at least passed through the Senate and the House.

It gives the impression that he's seeing how much he can get away with before congress actually starts to object as opposed to working within the system of checks and balances.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    I mean, public libraries are a thing, and every one of them that I've been to allows free access to the internet.

This is more about private access which, while it's pretty dickish of them to try to save a nickel via pulling support of these subsidies, isn't tyranny or anything.
    Public libraries "were" a thing
    Seems like half the old library branches I drive by these days are abandoned, especially in lower income areas. At least around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    I take it we're now allowed to punch the FCC commissioner, in accordance with his sentence of fascism.
    Show me a picture of his face and I'll tell you.

Banned

What do you imagine is the next thing to get cut, after private access?

It's the same thing as voter suppression (in fact it's directly related). Republicans can't just say, "no black voters," so they do things like require IDs that cost a lot of filing fees to get, put the place you can get it far away, and limit the number of voting locations.
    You take forever to say nothing.
    Last edited by 2Bad; February 3rd, 2017 at 08:52 PM.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Public libraries "were" a thing
    Seems like half the old library branches I drive by these days are abandoned, especially in lower income areas. At least around here.
    I mean, the sad thing is that most public libraries that I see that are doing okay are in areas that probably don't need it and with little traffic compared to their size.

Banned
    "You have plenty of Internet access, just go to the library! Sure, there's only one left and it's in the state capital, but if you really cared you'd make the trip!"

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    What do you imagine is the next thing to get cut, after private access?

It's the same thing as voter suppression (in fact it's directly related). Republicans can't just say, "no black voters," so they do things like require IDs that cost a lot of filing fees to get, put the place you can get it far away, and limit the number of voting locations.

You take forever to say nothing.
    I took forever because I want to. I could take seconds if I wished to do so...

I don't agree with this, at least not completely, but using today's incident and the recent immigrant related skirmishes might not have been as badly received as the bowling scandal out of her arse...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-...ing-1486163284

Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Journal
    Reince Priebus was chief of staff, and aides shouldn’t circumvent him, Mr. Trump told his staff. Steve Bannon was chief strategist and shouldn’t veer too far into foreign policy. Senior adviser Kellyanne Conway, his campaign manager, would shift her focus to communications.
    Faith that things might turn out fine, rising slightly?

On the other hand, this strongly implies that a lot of the foreign relations shitstorm that's been going on has been Bannon.

Please throw him and Miller out of the white house Trump, and if your EPA and Education picks don't go in, I might be able to live through the next while without being terrified.
    Last edited by Megas; February 3rd, 2017 at 09:52 PM.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Faith that things might turn out fine, rising slightly?
    DON'T SAY THAT

Now it won't be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    anything that looks remotely good should be treated as a trap, that applies to Congress AND the WH

- - - Updated - - -

Viola withdrew from SoA consideration because, as he told Trump, it was too difficult to divest from his businesses, investments, etc.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    See also the argument against suppressing Republican voters: they're doing it to us already, all we are accomplishing nothing by restraint except denying ourselves a tool.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but the answer to vote suppression surely isn't to suppress even more voters.

That's like saying the solution to police shooting unarmed black men is for them to shoot more unarmed white men as well.

Banned
    I mean that the Democrats' response to Republicans suppressing their voters should be for us to suppress theirs rather than resting on our laurels and hoping that if we take the high road long enough they'll see the error of their ways.

e: and that applies to basically every filthy trick the Republicans pull really

e2: basically the whole high road thing is the NDC's method and it's landed the party in the weakest position it's been in since what, 29? Which given that's before the changeover, basically means this is the weakest the Democrats have ever been. It's time to put the Neoliberals and their cowardice into boxes, shelve them, and get dirty.
    Last edited by 2Bad; February 3rd, 2017 at 10:48 PM.