View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1397 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 397897129713471387139213951396139713981399140214071447 ... LastLast
Results 27,921 to 27,940 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Strictly speaking, the presidency doesn't have as much power as people, including the current president, seem to think that it does.

Blog Entries
    Yes, but really, no. The Presidency has as much power as the other two branches of government are willing to allow it. Fighting over that takes time, and was supposed to put the three branches in a constant power struggle. Unfortunately, the framers didn't account for an effective system of preventing widespread corruption within a dominating political party to render that conflict effectively nonexistent. Especially not one that takes into account the speed at which communication can now take place, and the associated spread of information and disinformation. They rather assumed sufficient integrity in public servants to prevent the need for such measures while simultaneously warning the American people against allowing such a scenario to occur...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, before I forget, in terms of people hiding behind their race when put to the screws, Tedros of the WHO comes to mind.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    if you would need totalitarian measures to make your 'democracy' work as it should, then you should consider whether that word is an appropriate description of the system that you in fact have.
    The idea "democracy" and freedom are indivisible needs to die in a fire: contrary to popular belief, Russia is a democracy, but they are not as free as some states that are far less likely to devolve power.

Also, late but...

https://elpais.com/espana/2020-10-28...a-mayoria.html

The guy just ripped the Spanish constitution in two, yet there will still be people applauding him. Good to know I bolted and so did everyone I know or cared about.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    The idea "democracy" and freedom are indivisible needs to die in a fire: contrary to popular belief, Russia is a democracy, but they are not as free as some states that are far less likely to devolve power.

Also, late but...

https://elpais.com/espana/2020-10-28...a-mayoria.html

The guy just ripped the Spanish constitution in two, yet there will still be people applauding him. Good to know I bolted and so did everyone I know or cared about.
    Well, Singapore is also a democracy, but they also have pretty tight control over the people and not as free as well.

Can't read Spanish, so care to share what Pedro Sánchez did?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thing is, apart from anarchy, democracy is the "freest" form of government, there is.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Well, Singapore is also a democracy, but they also have pretty tight control over the people and not as free as well.

Can't read Spanish, so care to share what Pedro Sánchez did?
    By our constitution, the PM cannot declare an State of Alarm for more than 30 days, requiring reauthorization for extensions at the end of each period. Sanchez was able to secure support for a SIX MONTH version of the same restrictive lockdown without needing to go through the constitutional motions.

The only state that allows for this kind of stuff is an State of Siege, which is way bigger deal than alarm and would almost certainly get thrown him out of The Moncloa.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    By our constitution, the PM cannot declare an State of Alarm for more than 30 days, requiring reauthorization for extensions at the end of each period. Sanchez was able to secure support for a SIX MONTH version of the same restrictive lockdown without needing to go through the constitutional motions.

The only state that allows for this kind of stuff is an State of Siege, which is way bigger deal than alarm and would almost certainly get thrown him out of The Moncloa.
    Hmm, I guess he must be using Covid-19 as the reason for this action. Pretty surprise he managed to secure that much support though. How are you guys faring, consider the recent spike in numbers?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A Covid response thing, or is Catalan about to explode again?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Alleged Laptop Leaker Claims China Offered Mulan Star Liu Yifei To Hunter Biden As “Sex Bribe” - Bounding Into Comics

Spencer Baculi October 28, 2020 Celebrity

A leaker who claims to be in possession of the contents stored on Hunter’s Biden laptop has alleged that the Chinese government offered Mulan star Liu-Yifei to the former Vice President’s son as a “sex-bribe.”

As initially reported by Disney Star Wars Is Dumb, Wang Ding Gang, better known as Lude, has been a prominent figure in the ongoing saga of Hunter Biden’s purported laptop.

A Chinese dissident and eponymous founder of the YouTube news channel LUDE Media, Lude has spent the month of October leaking documents and information he claims to have obtained from the reputed laptop.

In an October 26th video, while discussing an image allegedly taken from a CCP hidden camera depicting Hunter Biden smoking crack cocaine, Lude asserted that the image also depicted another person “lighting the crack for him.”

“Now who is this somebody?” Lude asked rhetorically. “Surprisingly, she is Liu Yifei, the actress who played Mulan.”

Lude then insinuates that the actress is connected to the Chinese government through a man named Zhang Hongwei, whom “manages money and connections for Liu Yifei” and “has a very close relationship with Xi Jiping and Wang Huning.”

While Lude did not explicitly state on the livestream that the CCP offered the actress as a bribe, on his Parler account, Lude subsequently ‘echoed’ (the platform equivalent of a retweet) a post that stated “The Chinese Communist Part (CCP) used Liu Yifei, a famous Chinese movie star (who plays Mulan in the Mulan movie) to sex-bribe Hunter Biden.”
    Look, I'm not saying this is true, and "Disney Star Wars is Dumb" as a choice of name miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be a sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight sign of a corporate axe to swing, but even so, when you think this year can't get any weirder, you then have accusations of Mulan being offered as a sex toy to the son of an US presidential candidate.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hey buddy, the fanfic section is two sub-forums down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I did acknowledge the thing's bogusness.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of Mulan, the movie did pretty badly in China since it is seen as pandering to the West, and it also did poorly globally since many believed that it is propaganda from China. Pretty amusing IMO.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why would China care about some second-rate fanfic version of the story, they have about a billion adaptations of Mulan already, and a lot of them are, I am told, loads better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Why would China care about some second-rate fanfic version of the story, they have about a billion adaptations of Mulan already, and a lot of them are, I am told, loads better.
    Mainly because of the reason you stated. We have seen many good adaptations of Mulan, so the newest movie is pretty meh in comparison and not worth the money. Some believe it is pandering to western audience and values. Strange stuff like these.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How was the reception on the original Disney version? Better or Worse?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    How was the reception on the original Disney version? Better or Worse?
    Both are meh,but the Disney ver. did not received as much publicity,so it is seen in a better light.

Blog Entries
    You need more movies like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzTYZTXGQeU

Hmm, I guess he must be using Covid-19 as the reason for this action. Pretty surprise he managed to secure that much support though. How are you guys faring, consider the recent spike in numbers?
    Yes well, the so called "opposition" party didn't oppose a motion to replace the sitting government or at least schedule another election in the future. Now it's facing collapse.

Also, I'm no longer there and neither are folks and family. We all booked the hell out when it became obvious we had a POS government.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    A Covid response thing, or is Catalan about to explode again?
    Both.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mainly because of the reason you stated. We have seen many good adaptations of Mulan, so the newest movie is pretty meh in comparison and not worth the money. Some believe it is pandering to western audience and values. Strange stuff like these.
    Why don't you understand what a rhetorical question is
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.