View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1435 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 43593513351385142514301433143414351436143714401445 ... LastLast
Results 28,681 to 28,700 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
    That would not have been playing to his strengths. It was significantly more effective to let the race be "Donald Trump versus The Absence of Donald Trump".
    Pretty much. Outside of Toby, I've never seen anyone actually excited about Biden. He's just not Trump.

In a sense, my early impression that the Democrats would vote for a swirly turd on a stick over Trump seems to have been accurate XD
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I think that Biden's greatest threat is his supporters have come to expect so much of him, by the mere fact he's not Trump and Trump's gonna be absent, post Trump that no matter what they're going to get disappointed.

At least, that's the impression I get as an outside observer.

America, I think, has fetishized Trump himself as the incarnation of its current problems too much, as if things are magically going to improve once Trump's gone. But ultimately Trump was a symptom, a figurehead of the actual issue itself, not the real issue on its own. Trump was the foolish face this issue would put on and relatively little else.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    It's not like he's been in DC for the better part of 5 decades in the House, Senate, and as Vice President, all while setting in stone how fucking terrible a record he has on nearly every important issue in the modern day.
    True. But if the interviewer had wanted to ask that, he would instead ask why the situation is like that in the first place when Biden had penultimate power for almost a decade.

Even setting that aside, Biden could have been using his status as the Dem nominee to take the 1.8T deal from before election day rather than settle for the objectively worse deal being pursued now. Biden could be giving daily press conferences or even simple statements of all the things he will be doing in his first 100 days. But nope, of all the things he chooses to do, he actively scorns the people he "considers" his base and worked to get him elected.
    Laying low and letting Trump self destruct is probably a better bet than putting himself out there constantly and giving them a target to rally against. You're definitively right that he and Harris (probably more Harris than him) should be all over Georgia drumming up whatever support then can squeeze (they are talking about the run-offs, right?). They barely made it there by the skin of their teeth, and if it ends up with a GOP senate again blocking everything the Dems are going to fucking die in the midterms.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    True. But if the interviewer had wanted to ask that, he would instead ask why the situation is like that in the first place when Biden had penultimate power for almost a decade.
    An interviewer that would have asked that question to Biden would never have been allowed to ask a question to Biden.

Laying low and letting Trump self destruct is probably a better bet than putting himself out there constantly and giving them a target to rally against.
    People keep saying this but Trump had a pretty believable chance of re-election until the pandemic happened and Trump bungled it after his initial somewhat okay response. People hate Trump, but that didn't stop them from saying that they believed their lives to be better under a Trump administration than an Obama one, courtesy of Gallup. I really do think that, if not for covid, Trump would have won re-election by touting his fake amazing economy numbers.

You're definitively right that he and Harris (probably more Harris than him) should be all over Georgia drumming up whatever support then can squeeze (they are talking about the run-offs, right?). They barely made it there by the skin of their teeth, and if it ends up with a GOP senate again blocking everything the Dems are going to fucking die in the midterms.
    Democrats will lose hard either way. Even in the best case scenario where Democrats win both GA seats to get Harris as a tiebreaker, Biden's administration won't push for anything but Republican-leaning policy anyway, just look at Obama's 8 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    People keep saying this but Trump had a pretty believable chance of re-election until the pandemic happened and Trump bungled it after his initial somewhat okay response. People hate Trump, but that didn't stop them from saying that they believed their lives to be better under a Trump administration than an Obama one, courtesy of Gallup. I really do think that, if not for covid, Trump would have won re-election by touting his fake amazing economy numbers.
    I honestly expected him to get re-elected no matter what happened. Aside from the pandemic, everything he did, every gaffe, abject racism, or potential treason was just as bad as everything he did in the lead up to the last election, and you guys elected him there. There was even the same setup up for outraged hard left wingers to abstain from voting because their personal choice lost the primary and give Trump a stronger lead.

Even with the pandemic killing, what is it now? 3000 people a day? There are still people willing to pack his rallies, maskless, all across the country, and declare it a hoax from China to kill the American economy. I know you can find crazies everywhere, but the fact he was doing it all over the country almost every day really made them look numerous.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I honestly expected him to get re-elected no matter what happened. Aside from the pandemic, everything he did, every gaffe, abject racism, or potential treason was just as bad as everything he did in the lead up to the last election, and you guys elected him there. There was even the same setup up for outraged hard left wingers to abstain from voting because their personal choice lost the primary and give Trump a stronger lead.

Even with the pandemic killing, what is it now? 3000 people a day? There are still people willing to pack his rallies, maskless, all across the country, and declare it a hoax from China to kill the American economy. I know you can find crazies everywhere, but the fact he was doing it all over the country almost every day really made them look numerous.
    Americans just want to turn an eye away from the fact that their stagnated system is the main problem. Trump only brought the problem to surface, even reflecting how normal Americans think. Besides, rallying the crowd by projecting your plight is due to outside forces is a tested and proven political tool to keep problems off the government for a while. We all know what that eventually lead to though.

Biden's administration won't push for anything but Republican-leaning policy anyway
    That hinges on it remaining the Biden administration. More than a few people believe Vice President Elect Harris will start measuring the drapes the moment "Elect" is dropped from her title.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Both my grandpas were drafted and wounded in the Spanish Civil War (one lost a leg), my wife's great-grandpa went to exile never to return, and her great-grandma was beaten to half death. And the son she was expecting (my wife's grandpa) was shunned, denied a surname and raised as a bastard. All thanks to that bunch.

So I guess you'll understand me not being thrilled about clowns of all sorts parading their symbols.
    I am both affected and rewarded by that shitfest. Mother's side got some land and a place among many of the "loyal fallen soldiers" in the CW (they weren't Francoists, but Carlists) and the old man's side had to essentially go underground (they were on Durruti's side). As a result, my opinion is a lot more of a mixed bag.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Ahahaha.

No.
    Ahahahahaha.

Yes.

No seriously, did people forget freaking Augusto bloody Pinochet sent people to be shot to the nearest stadium? Franco is the same with a bigger death toll, a bigger ego and a lot more of the pragmatic "I'll do anything to stay in power" shit... or did people really forget he wanted to turn Spain into an autarchy, rolled the country into a GLP-esque fiasco because of that and it took the Vatican stepping in to convince him to be less of a retard?

The saddest thing is that this sounds like something Trump would say and how he would say it.
    Welcome to "same shit with good PR", also known as "I FUCKING told you so!"

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Pretty much. Outside of Toby, I've never seen anyone actually excited about Biden. He's just not Trump.

In a sense, my early impression that the Democrats would vote for a swirly turd on a stick over Trump seems to have been accurate XD
    Worst thing is they would vote that in having an actual good candidate in the ranks solely because... reasons...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    My opinion of Franco matches that of a certain famous Spanish cartoonist who lived through the Franquism.

My opinion is a lot lower. I don't think the Allies would've let an actual fascist alive. Franco was "fascist" when it was in vogue and just turned into "crackpot dictator" as soon as Hitler bit the dust, there's no way around that fact.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    My opinion is a lot lower. I don't think the Allies would've let an actual fascist alive. Franco was "fascist" when it was in vogue and just turned into "crackpot dictator" as soon as Hitler bit the dust, there's no way around that fact.
    Maybe the Soviets wouldn't, but the rest of the Allies had different priorities in the early post-war (invading non-belligerent countries would be very low on their list), and by the time it might become an option, the Cold War was looming so, this Franco guy? Hates commies you say? Let's have a talk.

No way would the US overthrow Franco and risk having the country turn to the Soviet bloc or whatever. Why bother when you can effectively turn him into the puppet ruler of a client state?

also give the man some credit - he chickened out of WW2 years before the Nazi defeat was a done deal
    Last edited by aldeayeah; December 13th, 2020 at 12:48 PM.
    don't quote me on this

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Ahahahahaha.

Yes.

No seriously, did people forget freaking Augusto bloody Pinochet sent people to be shot to the nearest stadium? Franco is the same with a bigger death toll, a bigger ego and a lot more of the pragmatic "I'll do anything to stay in power" shit... or did people really forget he wanted to turn Spain into an autarchy, rolled the country into a GLP-esque fiasco because of that and it took the Vatican stepping in to convince him to be less of a retard?
    I am not talking about Pinochet, who was a piece of shit in the exact same range as the other fascist jackasses.

Trying to compare Franco with Peron shows a tremendous lack of understanding in the subject matter.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
    That hinges on it remaining the Biden administration. More than a few people believe Vice President Elect Harris will start measuring the drapes the moment "Elect" is dropped from her title.
    Except it wouldn't? Harris has long since backed away from pushing any actual progressive legislation. She'd govern like a worse Obama because all she cares about is money and power.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Except it wouldn't? Harris has long since backed away from pushing any actual progressive legislation. She'd govern like a worse Obama because all she cares about is money and power.
    The key word is "legislation". That the rhetoric of the Senator Harris is different than the actions of the Attorney General Harris does not necessarily mean she has learned to act differently. It could mean that she merely felt it was a more effective way to behave in that position. Moreover, many of her promises during the primaries made reference to her willingness to abuse executive power (expanding DACA, threatening to give executive orders if Congress does not pass certain legislation, laughing at the idea that she cannot order a ban of assault weapons). It is difficult to believe that it is all talk when she is promising to do something she has a history of doing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The things you mentioned are things that aren't threatening to her interests and get her good press, just like they were for Obama and Biden. However, when it comes to M4A and all pieces of legislation, she's publicly admitted on Colbert's show of all things that she'll say anything if it makes her look good, despite none of her actions since those statements back them up.

I think there's been a misunderstanding. I am not saying she will force through the Leftist wishlist, I am saying there is evidence pointing to her willingness to rely on executive power to set policy that is not necessarily "Republican-leaning". Saying she will "govern like a worse Obama" is not exactly reassuring in this matter, given the degree of executive overreach his administration exhibited (the IRS targeting scandal, DACA, the Disposition Matrix).

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Maybe the Soviets wouldn't, but the rest of the Allies had different priorities in the early post-war (invading non-belligerent countries would be very low on their list), and by the time it might become an option, the Cold War was looming so, this Franco guy? Hates commies you say? Let's have a talk.

No way would the US overthrow Franco and risk having the country turn to the Soviet bloc or whatever. Why bother when you can effectively turn him into the puppet ruler of a client state?

also give the man some credit - he chickened out of WW2 years before the Nazi defeat was a done deal
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    I am not talking about Pinochet, who was a piece of shit in the exact same range as the other fascist jackasses.

Trying to compare Franco with Peron shows a tremendous lack of understanding in the subject matter.
    Yeah, Peron was no where near as monstrous or authoritarian. Doesn't mean he there were no fascist inclinations though.

Perón's admiration for Benito Mussolini is well documented. Many scholars categorise Peronism as a fascist ideology. Carlos Fayt believed that Peronism was "an Argentine implementation of Italian fascism". Hayes reaches the conclusion that "the Peronist movement produced a form of fascism that was distinctively Latin American".

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Given the self-confessed communists here who don't value freedom, I'm sure that this will fall on deaf ears, but here it is, anyway:

Blog Entries
    Welp, it's now official; Trump lost and Biden is the President-Elect. We need a Useless Trump Screaming Discord emoji now.

And apparently one for Bill Barr, since he's resigning as Attorney General.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Pornhub removed (not deleted) 80% of their content. The entire amateur genre is non-existent at this point. I don't usually frequent PH because I am mostly attracted to 2D like a good anon I am, but this is giving me flashbacks to Sad Panda all over again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's a good thing that I managed to save this Kuro dance on Sankaku, then: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/21036776

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    Pornhub removed (not deleted) 80% of their content. The entire amateur genre is non-existent at this point. I don't usually frequent PH because I am mostly attracted to 2D like a good anon I am, but this is giving me flashbacks to Sad Panda all over again.
    What's the difference between removing and deleting? Also what is the reason for it?

(Don't particularly want to Google it at work )