View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1334 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3348341234128413241329133213331334133513361339134413841434 ... LastLast
Results 26,661 to 26,680 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I guess anything after West proposed seems logical for people to accept?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    "At first, initially, we thought it was a bad flu, then we thought it was a bad flu with a very bad pneumonia, it was the phase when you came here, but subsequently we discovered that it is a systemic illness with vessel damage in the whole body with renal involvement, cerebral involvement," he told me in the now silent COVID-19 emergency room that was overwhelmed a few months ago.
    Why don't they just unveil the part where it will kill us all in myriads of horrible ways no matter what we ever do already?

I'm just frustrated with this fucking shit by now. No, wait, now it does this, and this, and that, and that too, and THAT. And it spreads this way, and this other, and that other one, and don't forget the other one, and ALL UNLESS YOU SEAL YOURSELF FOREVER.

That co-operation is helping the understanding of the virus.
    What, the understanding that we're completely screwed beyond any help? Yeah, that's useful. Pat yourselves on the back, guys.

The advice from Italy is simple: Don't get infected.
    Oh, thank you, just that? Good thing I have these unlimited reserves of food, water and money in my Third World shithole and I can spend the next three years holed up no biggie, and even I decided to waltz out I have this collection of snazzy hazmat suits after all.

I... I... I...

I don't feel well.

Blog Entries
    It's a new disease, we're learning new things about it all the time.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    If the observation from Beijing and Hong Kong is true, then this disease can survive cold temperatures since the latest outbreak is due to imported foodstuff that are frozen.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    It's a new disease, we're learning new things about it all the time.
    The only things we are learning are new ways it's going to kill us and new ways it spreads. It's not like we have learned of any weaknesses it has beyond the 'wash your hands, stay locked, wear a mask' credo that isn't even all that useful anyway (people following all those measures have still gotten infected anyway). It's just plain hopeless.

Fuck this godless world.
    Last edited by OverMaster; July 13th, 2020 at 10:06 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    The only things we are learning are new ways it's going to kill us and new ways it spreads.

Fuck this godless world.
    Oh contraire, if anything this whole fiasco has proven that there is a God, and that he's currently playing Plague Inc. on easy.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    If the observation from Beijing and Hong Kong is true, then this disease can survive cold temperatures since the latest outbreak is due to imported foodstuff that are frozen.
    There's no substantial evidence of those claims though. China probably just doesn't want to admit they're still getting new cases of local transmission despite all their vaunted lockdown efforts. (Which is not to say those efforts didn't do a very good job, just that expecting no new cases at all in such a major outbreak is pretty naive).

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone expect cold weather to actually help? Or is this coming from the same people who said it would be done by May because the heat would kill it?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    The only things we are learning are new ways it's going to kill us and new ways it spreads. It's not like we have learned of any weaknesses it has beyond the 'wash your hands, stay locked, wear a mask' credo that isn't even all that useful anyway (people following all those measures have still gotten infected anyway). It's just plain hopeless.

Fuck this godless world.
    Tbh, this shit is pretty well in line with Biblical plagues and the disasters caused by various gods and goddesses throughout mythology and religion. If anything, it's pretty mild by those standards. Especially compared to apocalyptic, end-of-the-world scenarios.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    There's no substantial evidence of those claims though. China probably just doesn't want to admit they're still getting new cases of local transmission despite all their vaunted lockdown efforts. (Which is not to say those efforts didn't do a very good job, just that expecting no new cases at all in such a major outbreak is pretty naive).
    I dunno. If people are going view such claims as fake because it is from China, then we are just going to repeat its errors. Many of the stuff China did, like it or not works, but are condemned anyway.

Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    Neo-America Wakanda Republic here we go
    So an ethnostate with a massive science fund? I'm all in.

Blog Entries
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53409521

world's headed for a population crash

Blog Entries
    Huh. So we're expecting to see a disproportionately massive number of old people, with the younger generations having to work harder, longer, to support them and generally being too busy and likely too poor to have kids of their own.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Huh. So we're expecting to see a disproportionately massive number of old people, with the younger generations having to work harder, longer, to support them and generally being too busy and likely too poor to have kids of their own.
    Cost of living on the rise while wages doesn't follow proportionately is also a huge problem.

Blog Entries
    Let's see... main causes are contraceptive use and women pursuing careers. So, behind that, it's a break from Social Conservative norms of "women at home, men at work," coupled with the tech and globalization needed to facilitate the break. This increases the size of the paid labor pool, depressing wages for everyone but increasing productivity. This lowers prices in a fair market so long as scarcity isn't an issue, but fair markets only exist when forced to via political pressure, so costs rise even as it takes two people to earn as much as one once did in terms of actual purchasing power and destroys the ability of either parent to effectively raise children as the system becomes more entrenched. Both parties must work to survive, so neither can devote their full time to raising children, reducing fertility rates.

They aren't kidding when they say we'll need to restructure societies to deal with this. This is a problem you have to head off, since it's generational, and while there's a bunch of ways to try to prevent it, all of them will get huge pushback...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    "Instead it is being driven by more women in education and work, as well as greater access to contraception, leading to women choosing to have fewer children."

This isn't true across the globe, though, and it also doesn't take into account factors like salaries not catching up to the cost of living in many countries.

Why don't they just unveil the part where it will kill us all in myriads of horrible ways no matter what we ever do already?

I'm just frustrated with this fucking shit by now. No, wait, now it does this, and this, and that, and that too, and THAT. And it spreads this way, and this other, and that other one, and don't forget the other one, and ALL UNLESS YOU SEAL YOURSELF FOREVER.

What, the understanding that we're completely screwed beyond any help? Yeah, that's useful. Pat yourselves on the back, guys.

Oh, thank you, just that? Good thing I have these unlimited reserves of food, water and money in my Third World shithole and I can spend the next three years holed up no biggie, and even I decided to waltz out I have this collection of snazzy hazmat suits after all.

I... I... I...

I don't feel well.
    You say this as though it is a bad thing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    You say this as though it is a bad thing
    Voluntary Human Extinction supporter?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning