View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1466 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 466966136614161456146114641465146614671468 LastLast
Results 29,301 to 29,320 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @fire: Let's distill those one by one.

1.)No one said it would be easy, Trump made it harder with not only mixed messaging on a populace full of anti-vaccine types and botched what he could have done. He used China because its red meat for his base, not because he wanted to really crack down, further it was shown that not restricting travel from Europe did almost if not more harm, but that wouldn't be politically viable for him.
    He made sycophantic round tables where CEOs were basically brought on live TV to praise him when he should have been busting out that procedural book the last administration freaking left him and cracking down but he was too high on the hog getting throated rich moguls to care.

2.) I never let them off the hook because they made jokes about voting for him as a joke, or literally had no idea about his policies. It was literally like people who were into their favorite WWE star. They had legit criticisms of Obama, some of which I agreed with, but nothing on Trump was substantive.

3.) Now this is where I find the Right tends to be disingenuous. As if their opposition to trans people were a thing that was helping people. What about the freaking military, with numbers far more than you would give out in suicide rates for the trans community? What about adequate care for Veterans? Or about mental health care in general that they had no real interest in unless its a political point to own the Libs on?
    Its like how the bathroom bull they go on about with transgender people ends up not being something to help others, but a platform to hate and marginalize. I got a Trump supporter at work to see he was getting riled over nothing, and that no, oeople ain't gonna be thinking about raping your women, they will take a piss, and then leave. Same guy talked about shemales for two straight weeks at work, loudly and I was frankly sick of his crap, so I gave him the rundown.

4(I'll use this for point 4 and 5, as they are related) - No I do not listen to every ICE official on their works, but the point was again that this migration is not something done just willy-nilly to smuggle kids or drugs. You'll find those examples but at far fewer rates than the Right is comfortable with accepting. And speaking of crime amongst immigrants, I meant this paper here for your 5th point: https://www.pnas.org/content/117/51/32340
    Meaning the punitive actions against such immigrants are grossly ineffective in soli g the root problem, which is the destabilizing events in their home countries, sometimes where the U.S. is complicit in helping foster those destabilizing events. Not even getting into the testimony of nurses who find out about horrific treatment of immigrant women, sometimes sterilizing them.

6.) I thought Bernie was crazy to you all? Will you use him only when its convenient? Further, not even taking into account his methodology about how undocumented immigrants are used by companies is missing part of that context rather than just gleaning "yeah, he isn't for immigrants coming over either". Companies will use undocumented immigrants and have been for decades and he knows this, what is destabilizing is that you'll rout out jobs because why pay so much when you can pay so little.
    He's also championing a $15 minimum wage, ya gonna support that? Because that would really start helping Americans much faster than dog piling on immigrants down on their luck.

7.) Here.

https://youtu.be/jSTnzqMewJI

Now if you find something that disproves it or anything else said here, go right ahead.

Its never been a purity test, the dude is just a used car salesman, while people act like he is somehow better than the wheeling dealin' politicians. He's not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    1.)No one said it would be easy, Trump made it harder with not only mixed messaging on a populace full of anti-vaccine types and botched what he could have done. He used China because its red meat for his base, not because he wanted to really crack down, further it was shown that not restricting travel from Europe did almost if not more harm, but that wouldn't be politically viable for him.
    He made sycophantic round tables where CEOs were basically brought on live TV to praise him when he should have been busting out that procedural book the last administration freaking left him and cracking down but he was too high on the hog getting throated rich moguls to care.
    China is the criminal. Europe is just another victim.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post

i also punched in "proud boys website" on both google and duckduckgo. google only gave me hit pieces. duckduckgo gave me their official website as the first result
    "I tried to search out how the Jews faked the holocaust and they didn't give me any results!"

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    just today i punched in something that was mentioned in a documentary about psychic children in china. google gave me trash. duckduckgo gave me several CIA document troves.
    I bet google also didn't give you the GPS co-odinates for Hogwarts either.

Toby, are we sure this isn't just C_V fucking with us?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    "I tried to search out how the Jews faked the holocaust and they didn't give me any results!"
    I bet google also didn't give you the GPS co-odinates for Hogwarts either.
    There is a difference between wanting a (false) fact and wanting a website URL.
    CIA documents are CIA documents. Heck, you can even find the CIA manual of assassination. Interesting read.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Toby, are we sure this isn't just C_V fucking with us?
    Good Lord, that's actually plausible. O__O
    Man, that'd be a great troll XD
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Again, those types of people conflate ethnicity and nationality, race and religion, on purpose so that they can hide behind accusations of racism or bigotry whenever they are criticized. As I also mentioned, while I was bullied by a rather diverse set back in high school, at least the white guys didn't hide behind their skin whenever I threatened to report them to the teachers.
    Oh, don't worry. The white guys said dumb shit, too, but it was a different set of dumb shit, like "I own this school" (I'll assume that he was not the son of the principal or the superintendent). However, that one Hispanic bully tried to appeal to some notion of non-white kinship when he realized that I win my fights by reporting them to the teacher (who was white).
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    So a couple of promising Communist communities, the first a successful State in India on the wealthier side of the country's economy. Not fully Commie, but both of it's major parties are Leftist.

The second is essentially a town in Spain whose government is Communist and has had the same mayor since 1979 (according to Wikipedia). A mostly agricultural community, it has basically attained Full Employment and needs less federal money to operate than its other agricultural neighbors.

These are interesting. Worth further looking. Thankies~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    why have a failed state bro, just engage in real communism xddd

Reminder, for Nth time. “Communism is for us not a state of affairs which is to be established, an ideal to which reality have to adjust itself. We call communism the real movement which abolishes the present state of things. The conditions of this movement result from the premises now in existence.”
    So basically, in less purple prose, Communism is just saying "fuck it, no system because they all suck."

Paraphrased correctly?
    maybe play more video games and watch more mongolian cartoons and you will understand
    This reminds me of how Gab described them ("Mongolian Cave paintings") and how weird that sounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    And so begins the rehabilitation of the Republican party. They can wash their hands completely of the Trump brand and once again be viewed as a "reasonable" party amongst polite society.
    The US would learn exactly zero from the Trump experience.

We'd need someone to be even more extreme to the point overhauling the US Political System would be mandatory.

Has the US ever drafted a "new" constitution?

Meanwhile, the party splits and the ForeverTrumpers become the US version of Hezbollah.
    This would be preferable to the above. Bipartisan politics needs to be discredited, defaced and thrown into the nearest dumpster as the master source of failed states at home and abroad.

Being banned in China should be a badge of honor, like being banned in North Korea.
    I only want to be banned in Taiwan and South Korea. Now that's a badge of honor!

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    How the fuck can you say he did more good than harm with regards to the pandemic? Please don't try to spin the completely avoidable deaths of many Americans as unavoidable.
    He didn't do any worse than several other world leaders. He's horrendous, but so was virtually every Western leader in the book. I think very few handled the pandemic better.

Blog Entries
    Supposedly el presidente had wanted to March over to the house and defend himself on the floor from impeachment and was dissuaded by his handlers

Fuck.

that would have been epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Has the US ever drafted a "new" constitution?
    This would be preferable to the above. Bipartisan politics needs to be discredited, defaced and thrown into the nearest dumpster as the master source of failed states at home and abroad.
    I only want to be banned in Taiwan and South Korea. Now that's a badge of honor!
    He didn't do any worse than several other world leaders. He's horrendous, but so was virtually every Western leader in the book. I think very few handled the pandemic better.
    1. You mean like how China did? One that allows for infinite terms for the president and decreases the scope of free speech?
    2. People who say that either want more parties or 1 party. If the latter, then you want a dictatorship.
    3. Good to know that you want to be enemies of democratic countries.
    4. I... can't really disagree with that last one.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Please don't derail from the original lie that Trump did well in handling the pandemic. No one deserves praise for doing a shit job, especially someone like Trump.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saying X did worse does not mean Y was good.

Or else do you want me to steal all your shit and then go 'I don't know why you're complaining, it's not like I murdered you'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    there are shitloads of leaders who handled the pandemic better wtf

just look at the spread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well or poor is usually a relative term. This needs the specification of relatively to whom:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ChinaUncen...ry=covid%20lie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Saying X did worse does not mean Y was good.

Or else do you want me to steal all your shit and then go 'I don't know why you're complaining, it's not like I murdered you'.
    Just point this out; Xi Jinping is a great leader compared to Pol Pot. It brings the point home.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    China is the criminal. Europe is just another victim.
    I wasn't saying that to demonize Europe, I was saying you have to realize the travel centers you have and NOT have people circulating around the planet from metropolitan area to metropolitan area. You don't plan, you plan to fail.
    Its like keeping your mind centered in the epicenter when the spread has (and did) most likely already occur for at least a month before he even was considering a China internationally. Becauze we are an international economy, like that or not. And in that it means we can't just say "censure China and only China, ignore all other plans", you have to act quickly, and he was only seeming to get on the ball now because of again, red meat to use with his base about China that was going on with the tariffs. Knowing there were warnings about covid since freaking December of 2019.

Blog Entries
    Just point this out; Xi Jinping is a great leader compared to Pol Pot. It brings the point home.
    that's an unfair comparison. unlike drumfp, sheikh jinping is unironically great

Blog Entries
    that's an unfair comparison. unlike drumfp, sheikh jinping is unironically great
    XD
    But... think of Lvl!
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I call him Zouken the Pooh, but you could at least call him his self-given title of King Sager: https://chinadigitaltimes.net/2018/0...ek-king-sager/ Or King Sucker, depending on how closely you are saying the actual Chinese pronunciation. I would suggest Caesar crucify the one who besmirched his name, but King Sucker is simply too fat... Which was an actual concern IRL, by the way. IIRC, there are a case in the US (back when the US had hangings) where the condemned had to be lethally injected because he was deemed too fat to be hung.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    caricaturize him all you want, but these glorious productive forces and unprecedented prosperity in all history don't lie bruv

Blog Entries
    At least we are not just waiting to die in lock downs. Although a mess initially, eventually group purchases, delivery to doorsteps improved so life was still bearable. Basically fucking stay indoors so aid can be sent to Wuhan to handle COVID-19 works. The make-shift hospitals that have been demonized by the West works. Seriously, the wanton disregard of medical advice is ridiculous. Also , for all your freedom, can't you act on your own and prepare when you see the shit that is happening?

Individual freedom is great at all, but fuck you when you think it is superior to social responsibility in a pandemic. I apologize if people can't stay in a lockdown due to livelihood reasons though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I wasn't saying that to demonize Europe, I was saying you have to realize the travel centers you have and NOT have people circulating around the planet from metropolitan area to metropolitan area. You don't plan, you plan to fail.
    Its like keeping your mind centered in the epicenter when the spread has (and did) most likely already occur for at least a month before he even was considering a China internationally. Becauze we are an international economy, like that or not. And in that it means we can't just say "censure China and only China, ignore all other plans", you have to act quickly, and he was only seeming to get on the ball now because of again, red meat to use with his base about China that was going on with the tariffs. Knowing there were warnings about covid since freaking December of 2019.
    Remember how the theory was that whites are strong against this virus?