View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1368 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 368868126813181358136313661367136813691370137313781418 ... LastLast
Results 27,341 to 27,360 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Putting events into historical perspective is relevant. Given the time period, most portrayals will be at least use partially fictional assets. But please, find a photo from 1800 years ago.

Blog Entries
    why don't you use books
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    why don't you use books
    Cause he can't. China has a pretty long history, but L3 can only use videogame examples since Japanese doesn't make much Chinese history games other than the Three Kingdoms. Pretty sad in a way since there are much more interesting arguments.
    Last edited by rxrx; September 6th, 2020 at 11:33 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    why don't you use books
    Few .pdf documents are free. At least, not for full books, and I'm not using a scanner. Also, for text alone, I wouldn't need to post a screenshot, as I would just write the text normally. The whole point of images and videos is because they cannot be described with text alone.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Cause he can't. China has a pretty long history, but L3 can only use videogame examples since Japanese doesn't make much Chinese history games other than the Three Kingdoms. Pretty sad in a way since there are much more interesting arguments.
    I thought every 3rd manga was a three kingdoms re-imagining.

Hey LVL, start throwing out Ikki Tousen panels instead of DW. At least there's tits there.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kinky, but that deviates too far from the point of 3 Kingdoms. Sima Yi actually losing? Ridiculous. Sima Yi pretending to sickly/crippled? At least, that part is accurate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Few .pdf documents are free.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I can direct you to a free depository or seven if you promise to actually use them.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    At least there's tits there.
    If they're on anyone older than ~14 he doesn't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I figure the three kingdoms wank would outweigh the loli scarcity.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If they're on anyone older than ~14 he doesn't care
    Numerical age is irrelevant. In terms of Ikkitousen, I like all the characters whose boobs are on the smaller side, including but not limited to Koumei, true Saji, Teni, Choushou, Yoshitsune, and Douman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I can direct you to a free depository or seven if you promise to actually use them.
    I know that Google .pdf exists, but for some odd reason, the hyperlinks come out freakishly long, like when I was looking for Cao Cao's gold-grasping colonels and the historical background of a certain decapitated French girl turned goddess.

Blog Entries
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    It's a lousy movie anyway.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    With Liu Yifei endorsing the police brutality Hong Kong police used against pro-democracy protesters 6 months back I wasn’t planning to anyways but this is another good reason to not watch the film

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Again, you keep highlighting looting over deaths and injuries, as if that's somehow a bigger deal when it really isn't. One at least leaves people relatively healthy enough to be capable of finding resources, the other does not.

And what is this nonsense of the police having control? This wouldn't be happening at all if the police could show that they can control themselves and an angry crowd. Instead they keep escalating for no reason, when deescalation and apologies would've been effective and now here we are. Like please don't insult the intelligence of the people reading this by pretending that the police have control over people rioting or looting.

This last part is meaningless. So what if it's real life? People aren't that heartless and pretending otherwise is incredibly stupid, especially since there are protests happening because people care about what happen to those unrelated to them. You have basically posted nothing here, as if you have a point when you never did. Congrats I guess.
    I'm not. I'm saying that one isn't justification for the other. I'm not going to parrot the message they are saying because by this point, that much should be obvious to anyone with a sense of self respect, morals and a common decency.

Also, why are comparing police departments not training their staff to deescalate vs police having the ability to control riots? If they had the former, this wouldn't be happening. If they had the latter, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but we have a severe case of a police force which escalates when one person is down and refuses to actually barricade things when they are outnumbered.

I have a point that you cannot ignore: that people aren't going to go "aw well, I understand their rage" when their windows are smashed. They are going to be pissed and looking for someone to blame and it's not going to be the police (or it might, since they might be blamed for "not doing their job"). You would need to be a neanderthal to ignore this undeniable fact.

Protesters have sympathy. People on the receiving end of this shit? They are going to vote whoever promises to drag the protesters down a road.

But I guess that's way too complicated for you. Maybe I should point to the fact that businessowners are neither masochists nor oppressors and that "with us or against us" mentality ignores the bulk of the people who are going to get skewered by either side.

Truly the only losers today are those like me who try to be neutral.

re: looting

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the peaceful protests. I'm complaining about those starting shit for no good reason because... because...

Disney being POS. To be expected at this point.
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; September 8th, 2020 at 05:10 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Neutrality never helps the people who need genuine help though.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I'm not. I'm saying that one isn't justification for the other. I'm not going to parrot the message they are saying because by this point, that much should be obvious to anyone with a sense of self respect, morals and a common decency.

Also, why are comparing police departments not training their staff to deescalate vs police having the ability to control riots? If they had the former, this wouldn't be happening. If they had the latter, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but we have a severe case of a police force which escalates when one person is down and refuses to actually barricade things when they are outnumbered.

I have a point that you cannot ignore: that people aren't going to go "aw well, I understand their rage" when their windows are smashed. They are going to be pissed and looking for someone to blame and it's not going to be the police (or it might, since they might be blamed for "not doing their job"). You would need to be a neanderthal to ignore this undeniable fact.

Protesters have sympathy. People on the receiving end of this shit? They are going to vote whoever promises to drag the protesters down a road.

But I guess that's way too complicated for you. Maybe I should point to the fact that businessowners are neither masochists nor oppressors and that "with us or against us" mentality ignores the bulk of the people who are going to get skewered by either side.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the peaceful protests. I'm complaining about those starting shit for no good reason because... because...

Disney being POS. To be expected at this point.
    Since when have I said looting is okay? I've never said it was justified or okay at all, so this is just a dumb tangent to go down on. The point about looting not being as bad overall compared to other things seen in the protests still remains.

A lot of the bad behaviour we see stems from how the force trains their officers. If they're already treating people like shit in smaller situations, they're not going to be great at dealing with larger crowds and protests.

People are also capable of getting angry when they see people getting hurt or killed without any real discernible reason, so this is just claiming people can't feel as bad for the protesters as they can at shops and stuff getting damaged. Not exactly an undeniable fact by any means. Neither is it a sure thing that they'll go full fuck the protesters just because their places got kicked in, especially when looters aren't always protesters.

I mean, what benefits are there to being neutral? What are you being in the middle of anyway?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Benefits of being neutral? Avoiding the headaches of being in a clusterfuck. That's what. And people absolutely value their own personal interests over those of random strangers. I'm smart enough to know that most join a life of banditry, due to poverty. Now, cults are a bit weird because some join because they are too poor and have no other way of living, but then some others join because they are too rich and have nothing else to do, so that's a different topic entirely. Is that my problem? Fuck. Fate/stay night shows that worrying about everyone else over your own problems leads you to die a lonely bitter young man (which I'm told is worse than dying a lonely bitter old man, like Batman before his relationship with Catwoman became canon). Typically, whenever someone gives me a "with me or against me" ultimatum, I join the other guys to shut up the first guy who would dare give me such an ultimatum (now, the second guy may have given someone else a "with me or against me" ultimatum, but that ultimatum wasn't directed at me).