View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1321 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3218211221127113111316131913201321132213231326133113711421 ... LastLast
Results 26,401 to 26,420 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Canadian's really didn't need that extra warning, since those two guys were detained two years ago in retaliation for our government honouring an outstanding warrant in the US. No one sane would go over and risk becoming overblown state execution #3.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    So basically, they declared that they can legally kidnap anyone, anywhere, for any reason they deem appropriate, and detain them forever without ever having a real legal process.

This is some Bush-era Gitmo bullshit, except that it actually manages to have fewer restrictions.

Seems like now would be a good time to give China the NK treatment and bar all travel to and from, all trade, all intellectual exchange, etc...

It's a massive economic hit, but at this point, they're not a country the world needs. Not as they are now. They've essentially just declared their law supreme over the entire world. This is too much.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    If it's a matter of money, given the CCP virus, just do full on Eight Nations Alliance, and demand the losing side pay "reparations". In terms of MAD, I guess that I should stop the 3K videos, and do FO videos, instead:
    Do I need to remind you what happened in the fourth game?

You don't "win" against a nuclear power. OTOH, China, unlike Russia, could actually be bombed to oblivion due to it's high density.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    So basically, they declared that they can legally kidnap anyone, anywhere, for any reason they deem appropriate, and detain them forever without ever having a real legal process.

This is some Bush-era Gitmo bullshit, except that it actually manages to have fewer restrictions.

Seems like now would be a good time to give China the NK treatment and bar all travel to and from, all trade, all intellectual exchange, etc...

It's a massive economic hit, but at this point, they're not a country the world needs. Not as they are now. They've essentially just declared their law supreme over the entire world. This is too much.
    Except they are: the money, the supply chain, that shit is all there. Stopping these in the middle of a pandemic is bad enough. Risking nuclear war is worse.

Blog Entries
    So welcome our CCP overlords, then? I mean, that law is a violation of the sovereignty of every nation on earth, just by existing. It rejects the basic human rights of every person on the planet. It's literally an act of war against every government. It allows them to supercede the legal system of any nation, usurping the authority of all of them and effectively making the whole world a Chinese colony.

Isolating the nation is the least violent way for the world to deal with this effectively. Nuking the crap out of them is on the other end of the spectrum.

However, I rather like having human rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to gather, etc... If you're fine with not having those, well... to each their own.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And so China has finally stepped into levels of evil only seen before in modern times in the USA government.

As much as I consider yank hegemony cancerous as fuck I don't think having two amoral money-worshipping psychos is an improvement over having just one.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    So welcome our CCP overlords, then? I mean, that law is a violation of the sovereignty of every nation on earth, just by existing. It rejects the basic human rights of every person on the planet. It's literally an act of war against every government. It allows them to supercede the legal system of any nation, usurping the authority of all of them and effectively making the whole world a Chinese colony.
    Isolating the nation is the least violent way for the world to deal with this effectively. Nuking the crap out of them is on the other end of the spectrum.
    However, I rather like having human rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to gather, etc... If you're fine with not having those, well... to each their own.
    So essentially, what this teaches us is not that the Third Reich was wrong to start the Holocaust, but rather they were wrong to start the Holocaust before making nuclear weapons. Afterwards, they could have gassed as many Jews as they wanted, and the rest of the world would be too scared to do anything. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Do I need to remind you what happened in the fourth game?

You don't "win" against a nuclear power. OTOH, China, unlike Russia, could actually be bombed to oblivion due to it's high density.
    Except they are: the money, the supply chain, that shit is all there. Stopping these in the middle of a pandemic is bad enough. Risking nuclear war is worse.
    That's not quite right. The fourth game goes into more detail, but that happened in all the games (as the prologue), which I am well aware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    As much as I consider yank hegemony cancerous as fuck I don't think having two amoral money-worshipping psychos is an improvement over having just one.
    What else would counter a hegemony but another hegemony? Frankly, the only American hegemony that should be stopped is the self-pitying social justice type, like having only black voice actors voice black characters, whilst also having black voice actors voice white characters (Kratos from God of War and Agent Kallus from Star Wars). Also, black voice actors voicing Asian characters (Samurai Jack).
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 1st, 2020 at 04:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Huh... does that qualify as a form of segregation? "You are only allowed to do X or be X if you are of this ethnicity/gender/etc..."
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Essentially, yes. Of course, this started when spray tans were considered "blackface", for either ethnic change or even... status change (like undead or mutants).

Blog Entries
    Well then. This is unpleasant.

In other news: stupid.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; July 1st, 2020 at 06:45 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I consider that a good "whoops."
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ACAB people want to call the police.

Maybe we should defund the police. That way, no one can stop true justice from being laid upon these hypocrites. Again, the woke left are exactly the same as the religious right. They feel invincible until anyone pushes back, then they beg for mercy. I often bring up that example of warrior monks calling themselves harmless clergymen, when they're losing the battle (as such vs. Nobu). This is basically that.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Like the Chinese will let that many people actually get out.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thing is, to defeat the CCP, you need someone as ruthless and shameless as they are. The time for "nice" diplomacy is over. Basically, this: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket...tion/Morrowind

During this time, another legendary figure, Queen Barenziah, also returned to Morrowind. The sudden death of King Llethan, and the subsequent coronation of Barenziah's son Helseth, was the source of much discussion, but as one Nord diplomat famously put it, "The new king is manipulative, ruthless, and calculating. He is exactly what Morrowind needs."
    The young king has been somewhat of an enigma, both to outside observers and to his own subjects. One of Helseth's first edicts as King seemed particularly designed to dismantle the traditional power structures of the Dunmer. In accordance with the longstanding wishes of the Empire, he outlawed slavery throughout Morrowind. The reaction to this was bloody, as could be predicted, though the alliances formed were far from expected. As Helseth himself put it in a speech to his people, "If there is to be a revolution, it is best done by a King."

Blog Entries
    So what would you have the US do, then, since it seems you want something other than just shunning the country?

Particularly as it sounds like you want us to become more like them in the process from that excerpt.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, certainly not what AsGryffynn wants, being afraid of China's nuclear capabilities. The most effective weapon against dragons is made from dragon bone. Goblin Slayer even admits that he often thinks like a goblin. Regardless of what your personal thoughts are on your enemy's tactics, you have to at least know how what they are (knowledge is a very different thing than agreement). Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories. Unfortunately, the US has no idea how the PRC thinks, given that the most dangerous enemy that they ever faced was the Third Reich. As for the last line in that excerpt, there is a certain irony in that. China is a dictatorship. However, in school there, as my mother experienced, during "persuasive" essays with the question, "who advanced history? the people or the heroes", if you chose "the heroes", you would always fail no matter what else you wrote.

Therefore, rather than a communist dictatorship that sanctimoniously puts "the people" on a pedestal, while suppressing individual persons (which is totally different from the collective "people" apparently), we, as a democracy, should be guided by heroes (AKA while confederate statues are one thing, stop vandalizing the statues of the Founding Fathers).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Well, certainly not what AsGryffynn wants, being afraid of China's nuclear capabilities. The most effective weapon against dragons is made from dragon bone. Goblin Slayer even admits that he often thinks like a goblin. Regardless of what your personal thoughts are on your enemy's tactics, you have to at least know how what they are (knowledge is a very different thing than agreement). Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories. Unfortunately, the US has no idea how the PRC thinks, given that the most dangerous enemy that they ever faced was the Third Reich. As for the last line in that excerpt, there is a certain irony in that. China is a dictatorship. However, in school there, as my mother experienced, during "persuasive" essays with the question, "who advanced history? the people or the heroes", if you chose "the heroes", you would always fail no matter what else you wrote.

Therefore, rather than a communist dictatorship that sanctimoniously puts "the people" on a pedestal, while suppressing individual persons (which is totally different from the collective "people" apparently), we, as a democracy, should be guided by heroes (AKA while confederate statues are one thing, stop vandalizing the statues of the Founding Fathers).
    Sooooo... basically,

• Nukes aren't a sufficiently significant threat, don't let them stop you
    • Learn more about how China operates and thinks
    • Fight the CCP ideologically by:
      • Promoting nationalism
      • Promoting hero worship (which would presumably extend to the current leadership and generally involves glossing over or denying negative aspects of those glorified, which also applies to nationalism)
      • Quash dissent using force (so more authoritarian tendencies)

Not really seeing near-term suggestions. Those that are there sound... unpleasantly familiar.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    So, how long until Ghislane Maxwell slips on a banana peel?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You joke, but she will definitely 100% be dead before her trial can start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty