View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1420 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 42092013201370141014151418141914201421142214251430 ... LastLast
Results 28,381 to 28,400 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not only did they change their minds and certify, but they only did so after they had a three hour virtual town hall where every single speaker chewed them out. Then they took a five minute unplanned break and announced they were going to certify.

It's so funny how messed up the US is, but maybe it's something that only happens when you don't have to live there. For me this is like a spectator sport, or an absurdist sitcom.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    they only did so after they had a three hour virtual town hall where every single speaker chewed them out
    See. I'm personally immune to this kind of shit. High school taught me how. When the cafeteria table closest to the exit just happened to be the "popular kid" table, and I was obviously not popular. I taught myself how to tune out voices, so that I could keep my seat. Also, it's ironic that the same people who kept screeching about "Russian interference" when Trump won are now demanding that the election conclude, rather than say anything about Chinese interference. And if you think that China has never endangered American forces, 36 CIA ghosts would like to have a word with you. And Biden.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 20th, 2020 at 09:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    I honestly don't have a problem at this point about the lawsuits or the election results, either. Trump has every right to sue if he genuinely thinks something is wrong. He just has to provide evidence to back up his claims. Which so far is proving to be hard to do, in spite of all the conspiracy theories and related stories and videos. If anything, the fact that the Trump legal team hasn't pulled out any of those tells me they think they're BS. All this ends up doing in the long run is making Trump look saltier about his loss than even Hillary did. I mean, this is a guy that has the investigation machine that is the DOJ at his command yet he's still not coming up with anything of substance to support his position. Considering his team's given up on state-wide federal lawsuits, there must not be any kind of discernible widespread fraud that doesn't benefit him more than it does Biden, if there's any at all. Likewise, his moves against the counties, targeting the cities specifically, just ends up looking like an attempt to throw out legal votes unless he can provide evidence... which hasn't happened yet.

This looks less like legit claims and more like butthurt on his part. That, or he's trying to build a narrative for something more extreme. The fact that they dropped the Wayne County lawsuit claiming that the count was not certified when it legally was makes me worry.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, you know in Hunger Games where the story repeatedly (correctly) brings up why President Snow is bad, but then it turns out his initial replacement was not a very good person either (worse, in fact, as by his own words, Snow is not "wasteful")? This is basically that.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    RIP the Arecibo Telescope ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    RIP the Arecibo Telescope ;_;

Banned
    Blog Entries

"victims of abuse shown in the images on the website you tried to access" Well, you'll have to forgive me for not feeling bad about those fictional "victims". I was about to say that I felt nothing at all, but that would be an obvious lie.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Haha

oh man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Seeing Trump in action is like watching a terrible political thriller.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You know, some good segregation might be just what this country needs:

-leftists, probably.

Blog Entries
    Something like Horseshoe Theory at work? That, or trolling, I'd think. Could be wrong, though.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and going back the haves and have-nots thing, this also applies to ability. Someone with extraordinary ability should flaunt it. For example, Clark Kent should have no shame in joining a football team, despite the entire Superman story saying that he should hide that gift (to say nothing of his father essentially offing himself in Man of Steel). None of that "superpowers are only to help others, not yourself" bullshit. That being said, I can accept Smallville's middle ground where Clark is less concerned with being extraordinary and more concerned that his alien urine will fail the urine test. I, as the Dragonborn of Skyrim, feel great pride in using the Voice against non-dragon enemies, as well, and of course, it's kind of an open secret that ninja students use their ninjutsu to cheat on the written tests in Naruto, like hearing the writing sounds of the other students or getting their dog to look at other students' answers.

At the very least, it's better to flaunt ability than to flaunt sob story, like being "proud" of being [oppressed social or racial class here]. True, great power requires great responsibility, but that "responsibility" is not humility and certainly not shame.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 21st, 2020 at 05:35 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ohhhhhhhh. You're an Ayn Rand person. Now it's all making sense.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Atlas shrugged? Doesn't that miss the point that the whole reason that Atlas is holding up the world/sky to begin with is as punishment?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think 'missing the point' is a feeling you are very, very familiar with

- - - Updated - - -

A gofundme presidency is literally the most 2020 america thing i can think of
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No, I don't think so. At most, I just have a unique way of looking at things, as Erandur from Skyrim says when you say that the reason for killing the cultists is because "they tried to kill us", rather than something about doing so to protect the townsfolk. Also, the main reason that I brought up the whole ability > sob story is because I would like to think that we, as a forum, like Fate because of story and waifus, not "diversity", gender or otherwise:
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 21st, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    XD I kind of figured your sentiments were like that. Your attitude did seem to take more issue with the idea of a system that seeks to "level the playing field" by suppressing individuals with some kind of advantage than one that does so by allowing individuals to use their advantages or rewarding them for doing so effectively and punishing inefficiency in doing so.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    XD I kind of figured your sentiments were like that. Your attitude did seem to take more issue with the idea of a system that seeks to "level the playing field" by suppressing individuals with some kind of advantage than one that does so by allowing individuals to use their advantages or rewarding them for doing so effectively and punishing inefficiency in doing so.
    Former sounds like communism.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, there is a difference between the playing field and how you play on that field. Equality seeks to make equal beginnings. Equity seeks to make equal endings. Equity is the path of communism. It's like when Dimitri tried to point out the flaws in El's vision in Azure Moon route of Fire Emblem 3 Houses. I saw no such flaws, or at the very least, not the flaws that Dimitri pointed out. Now, Ferdinand did bring up very valid points about the necessity of public education in his support convos with El, though. Also, George Floyd apparently died in the Holocaust. Amazing. I didn't know that he was a time traveler, too:
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 21st, 2020 at 11:37 PM.