View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1387 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 387887128713371377138213851386138713881389139213971437 ... LastLast
Results 27,721 to 27,740 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Do what now? I’m sorry, I’m having trouble understanding your point (it may be quite simple and I just havent had enough coffee yet)
    He'd be requesting votes that never voted for him nor have displayed any sign of doing so...

Blog Entries
    Oh I see, well you aren’t wrong, but there is some important nuance there. Suburban women are a huge voting block. Like African American men or college educated whites. Trump doesn’t have to win them out right, but he needs to not get blown out of the water. IIRC Hillary beat him with suburban women by somewhere between 12 and 14%, or thereabouts. Respectable but trump was able to deal with that but winning other voting blocks. Biden however is crushing him with suburban women by around 25%.

That’s literal millions of votes in the other column when trump won the election on the back of less then 500,000 strategically placed people. And suburban women are such a coveted voting block because they are spread evenly throughout swing states instead of grouped en mass in a regional area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This is old and obvious news, but I'm sure that there are gainsayers:

Blog Entries
    Well since mark pompeo said it I now doubt the existence of doctors, journalists, and China.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, commie China often appears to be an abomination born from nightmares, rather than an actual thing. That's understandable.

Blog Entries
    No, I mean, as mark pompeo made a statement which requires China be a thing I now doubt the actual premise that there is such a thing as China. Are we sure it’s not just a tourist trap created by Australians?

Blog Entries
    the other way round if anything
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Basically lockdowns are like chemo and radiotherapy, they may be necessary to combat cancer (in this comparison its equivalent would be covid-19), but there's a good chance they will ruin you somewhat fierce and even kill you, especially if you were weak (in this case read: from an economically weak country where you need to work on a daily basis or starve) to begin with.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Basically lockdowns are like chemo and radiotherapy, they may be necessary to combat cancer (in this comparison its equivalent would be covid-19), but there's a good chance they will ruin you somewhat fierce and even kill you, especially if you were weak (in this case read: from an economically weak country where you need to work on a daily basis or starve) to begin with.
    What opened my eyes is how USA, the biggest economic body in the world is so fragile that chemo and radiotherapy cannot be applied to deal with Covid-19.

Blog Entries
    Dude we still don’t even put on masks half the time.

we are the patient that decided that instead of chemo, we were gonna smoke pot.

it’s the best medicine! -America, probably

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Meanwhile in Belarus(I don't live there btw but I am still somewhat informed):

"Do you see the virus flying around and stuff?"

"...No?"

"Me neither! Means it's not here!"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    mark pompeo
    Who is this man?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    What opened my eyes is how USA, the biggest economic body in the world is so fragile that chemo and radiotherapy cannot be applied to deal with Covid-19.
    Toby's kind of right, but at the same time, we basically allowed our country to gentrify by continuing an essentially unbroken chain of globalist, neoconservative, and neoliberal social, economic, and foreign policies.

We created a situation where the average American also lives paycheck to paycheck because we have to compete with foreign labor markets that enjoy lower costs of living in their own countries. We have to compete with new technologies that are cheaper and more efficient than pure human labor and require the training and/or qualifications earned from grossly overpriced higher education to be able/allowed to use. Education most of us can't make the time or scrape together the money to pursue because we live paycheck to paycheck. Our earnings are high compared to 3rd world countries, but our cost of living tends to be rather... oof. Our whole system has been built up over centuries (with a few attempts to break the pattern) to be as efficient as possible for maintaining the flow of money and goods under ideal conditions... but conditions are never ideal. And even when they are, such a model obviously benefits a select, privileged few over the rest. Since those few control the government as well as industry and have gutted labor's power to affect meaningful change, it's been a steady tightening of the system for the past some-odd 40 years.

It's telling that most of the country is poor and struggling, but we also suddenly gained something like 26 new billionaires and haven't lost any yet. Except maybe that one guy who got busted for $2 billion in tax fraud.

@Lvl: now infamous former Marine, Republican Tea Party House Representative, Director of the CIA, and current Secretary of State for Trump. He's well known for lying about damn near everything so long as it favors Trump.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; October 17th, 2020 at 01:05 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I meant, read that name, that full name, clearly, again.

Blog Entries
    You make it sound like providing clarification is a bad thing.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    You know the deal with individuals affected by gigantism and how frail their inner organs use to be, right?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Fuck: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pompeo Now, read the name that I quoted.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Tobias said Mark instead of Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, truly.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but it's Toby? His typos are the stuff of legends, to the degree that it's probably actually intentional trolling XD.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning