Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Days - A Reaper's Game (OOC)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, it's just in-game time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Same as well, as soon as I can figure out what to do about the memento. I looked into the game a bit so I at least have a rough idea of what they're like, but not sure I can come up with a fun one.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Same as well, as soon as I can figure out what to do about the memento. I looked into the game a bit so I at least have a rough idea of what they're like, but not sure I can come up with a fun one.
    Your memento doesn't have to be anything too unique, so long as it ties into your character. Here, I'm looking for less elaborate powersets or anything like that, but interesting characters, so I'll be paying attention mostly to the backstory and personality, and the entry fee (and how the loss of the entry fee affects the character).

Also, mementos weren't really a thing in the original game. At best, you had Beat who used Shockwave with his skateboard, and Shiki who used her doll as a puppet. And Joshua kinda did something with a cell phone. I mostly just added mementos/perks to make each character more unique.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    What would be the 'average' for someone in a stat? Just to make sure I don't accidentally make my character a cripple or something.

(Or maybe there's no cripple point and I'm overthinking it? I'm too used to D&D and such.)
    Last edited by Siriel; January 26th, 2015 at 01:58 AM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Stats are mostly for combat/Underground shenanigans, but 6 is average/normal.

Blog Entries
    Alright, thanks.
    O piteous Wanderer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I figured the doll/skateboard/cell phone was the basis for memento's myself. And I'm kind of hoping to tie the two together. Especially since memento's are important to the character and define their powers kind of. But I suppose I could just leave the memento in a kind of open area in terms of where it comes in and work out what it is later on.

Man, I remember this game and my naive belief that I could 100% it.
    I'd be down to play.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just a reminder, but you have only a week left to submit sheets.

Just a note that I'll still be submitting my edited sheet, but that'll be after February 2 (midterms).

Edit: Scratch that.
    Last edited by Beyond; February 7th, 2015 at 10:04 PM.

[3:01 AM] IRun: Erika's pirate hat was amazing.
    [3:04 AM] IRun: She could plunder my booty anyday of the week
    Spoiler:
    [15:02:37] IRun: ayyyyy
    [15:03:52] IRun: the h-scenes in EXS are also generally pretty based
    [15:03:55] IRun: so much paizuri

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    NOTICE: I changed the stat thing up a bit. I updated the OP, but you now have 200 points to spend. Max for a stat is 60, min is 10. Also, stats are ranked now, so you can now know what your stats actually mean.

"Stats are ranked from E to S for a reference point. As you invest points, the stat increases. When you invest enough points, you move to the next rank. Invest 20 in a stat to move up to D, 40 to C, and so on.

E = 10 (Weak Tier): Weak.
    D = 20 (Average Tier): Normal, nothing to write home about.
    C = 40 (Trained Tier): Quite well-trained, above average.
    B = 60 (Ace Tier): Highly trained, highly accomplished.
    A = 90 (Peak Human Tier): The best of the best, whether by hard work or talent.
    S = 120 (Superhuman Tier): Beyond anything a mundane human can accomplish."

TL;DR: If you're lazy all you really have to do is multiply all your old stats by 5. Also, now you can actually know what your stats are supposed to mean.

Blog Entries
    What does this mean regarding HP and stuff? Are secondary stats equally increased?

Like say I had 100 HP, do I now have around 500?

- - - Updated - - -

(Basically I'm just asking if the formula for the secondary stats changed.)
    Last edited by Siriel; February 1st, 2015 at 09:42 PM.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm adjusting the calcs for the real stats now, but you're only increasing the original attributes: STR, END, AGI, DEX, INT, CHA. But in general, most stats are higher now.

I just find higher numbers more flexible to work with.

E: so yeah, the primary/secondary stat formulas will be adjusted.
    Last edited by Kirby; February 1st, 2015 at 09:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I agree and I appreciate having a scale of reference.

I'll send my sheet once you've given the full calcs.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Reminder that Rhyme is best Noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    What is the remaining deadline?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    February 7. This Saturday.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sheets are due tomorrow. Because of time-zones, I might accept some sheets on the 8th.

If we get enough acceptable sheets by then, then there won't be any deadline extensions, though you are free to send in a sheet to be put on reserve, where you can hop in in the case of other players dying. If we don't get enough, it'll be put on hold until we get enough.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    Just sent my sheet.

So what happens if there is an odd number of players, since everyone needs a partner? Will Kirby have to fill in?
    Spoiler:
    Or will they be saved by a mysterious barista?
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes