Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 38111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Azama Tae
    Phase: Morning
    Time: 5:10 1/3
    Day: January 13th

"..."

I could feel Saber was nearby through our connection, so I didn't really pay much attention to her. I knew she'd barge inside the cabin sooner or later. However, now that she finally does, a part of me cannot help but feel dumbfounded for a moment at her proposal. It's not like sharing breakfast is that strange of a thing, but for some reason I didn't expect it to come out of her.

"Hmm..."

I glance at my Servant suspiciously, trying to decipher if there is any kind of ulterior motive behind her invitation. At first glance it doesn't look like that is the case, but... I cannot afford to lower my guard. Just last night her sword was pressed against my chest. Even if she claimed to have accepted me as her Master after that, there is no proof that it couldn't have been mere deception. If I allow myself to get caught within her pa---

At that moment, my train of thought is interrupted by a rather embarrassing noise.

That is, the sound of my stomach growling.

"..."

It's only natural, as I have not eaten anything since yesterday's afternoon. Usually skipping a meal is not much of an issue, but it looks like the summoning Ritual me really exhausted. Now, before I can even enjoy my coffee, my body reacts to Saber's words and warns me a cup is not going to be enough. Without a doubt I am hungry, and after what's just happened, I cannot hide it from the swordsman.

"A-ah, yes. T-That's surprisingly thoughtful of you, Saber."

Raising a hand as if to cover my mouth, I deliver a polite cough in order to regain my composure and address the matter with a professional attitude. Closing my eyes for a moment in an attempt to hide the fire hidden within them, I adopt a more matter-of-factly stance as I announce the conclusion I've arrived at in the past few moments:

"Then we'll have breakfast immediately."

Silently expressing my indifference as to whatever method she's employed, I let the Heroic Spirit carry on with her ploy.

See where that leads me.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Time: ?
    Day: ?

I never expected to get sick today so it was a surprise when Eris-san showed up and forced me into bed today. Shouldn't she be at school right now?

Eris-san you don't have to nurse me, I'll be fine if I just get some rest. You made porridge for me? T-thanks. I'll give it a tr-

Phase: Day 1/3
    Time: 8:01

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "...Master of Invoker?”
    I woke up to find someone holding me to my bed. Normally I would freak out about this, but my base didn't pick up anyone with malicious intent attempting to enter my base. How does this person know that I'm the master of Invoker? Could this be one of Invoker's sumons sent to do a mean joke?

"D-did Invoker send you to p-play a joke?"

I tried to act strong, but having a blade at my throat and that scary face nearby my own was breaking down my feeble stoicism as I started to cry a little bit.

"And could you please move, you're scaring me."

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Servant Saber
    Time: 5:10 1/3

"Ah, don't look at me with those eyes, Master. It's just a simple breakfast for two. Do you think I've tampered with the food?" Not that I'd consider doing such a thing, of course. Even if Tae was a Master I well and truly could not work with, poisoning her was a poor strategy. Where would I get the mana to stay in the world with no preparations beforehand? "It's not healthy to trust people as soon as you meet them, but you don't need to make your disbelief so blatant."

If my comments had any effect on Tae, I would never know. Before she could respond she was swiftly interrupted by her own stomach, of all things. The sheer volume was actually quite impressive. Did she even eat the day before?

A-ah, yes. T-That's surprisingly thoughtful of you, Saber."

"Oh, it's just the natural thought process, Master. It's the height of rudeness to cook only for yourself, then sit and eat in front of someone you know is hungry." Truly, there had to be a special punishments for those who dared do such a thing intentionally. I'd known men who had been killed for lesser insults. "Anyway, time is wasting, and your stomach will no doubt complain again if it's not fed quickly enough. I was planning to make a stew, but that would be quite uninteresting with nothing but meat and broth. I suppose I could always make some rice. You do have rice, yes? What self-respecting Japanese woman wouldn't have rice?"

Even as I said that, I started to worry. You could say that rice was the most basic of all basics, on the same level as drinking water, but I was sure there were people who managed to ruin that as well. With all the speed I could reasonably use indoors, I moved towards Tae's practically embarrassing food stockpile to look. Thank the gods there was at least one bag of rice there among the various canned garbage. Without pause, I tore open the package and hurried back towards the pot on the fire. Before I could dump the rice into the pot, though, I halted. And frowned. It was a painfully long moment before I moved again.

----

I didn't realize at first, but the atmosphere was growing heavier and heavier with my disappointment. Actually standing there and looking at the rice left me... far from pleased. I took a few grains out of the bag and rolled them between my fingers. My frown deepened. Then the rice went to my mouth, to be rolled around a bit to check the texture, and swallowed. My judging gaze turned into a glare, directly a nearly visible amount of resentment at the bag in my hands that claimed to hold rice.

"...Hm. No matter how you look at things, this is quite poor quality, isn't it?" A few more seconds of silence followed my declaration, before the oppressive weight was thrown off by a sigh. I could hardly blame anyone but myself for this. I did have plenty of time to look at our options for breakfast during the night. "Well, I should have looked earlier, but it's too late now. There's no time to make good rice, but to make bad rice requires a truly skilled artist. My apologies, but you'll have to settle for average this morning, Tae."

Without further complaint, I dumped the contents of the bag into the hot water. With the meat, there would be a bit much for just two people, but Tae seemed to be quit hungry. Poor quality or not, there weren't likely to be any leftovers.
    Last edited by Elyrin; February 28th, 2015 at 07:59 PM.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 07:16

Kirame stared down at the table in silence. The question took him off guard. It wasn’t an inquiry he hadn’t received before. He had heard it from another, many times in fact. One of many questions he asked time and time again, but the lost Ryougi could never find a true answer.

It was an impossible question for him. From the beginning, he would never be able to answer it. There was no meaning in that word to him.

No matter how many times Ryougi Kirame asked himself, there was never an answer.

There may never be one. He knew why that was. The reason he raised the sword was to uphold the ideals of something he never had.

‘He’s born wrong.’

Seeing the silence that Kirame answered the question with, the words of Nozomi’s grandfather came to mind. In the first place, calling his silence an ‘answer’ was wrong. It was no answer at all. Sometimes saying nothing at all was a more poignant response than any words. Sometimes a cold stare, or a warm smile, said more than any words.

But Kirame’s silence wasn’t one like that. Silence wasn’t his answer.

It was just that. Silence. That's all it would ever be.

Because there was no answer.

“I don’t know.” The silence was still gripping his mind. Steel eyes, peeking out through the messy hair atop Kirame’s head, bangs falling down over his forehead and past his eyelashes, looked up to answer Artificer. Eyes that told no lies. Eyes incapable of telling lies, because just as he didn’t have what was required to find a reason to take up the sword, he lacked the same thing needed to lie.

These eyes were only meant to see one thing. Only meant to tell one thing.

“And I never will. Not without a miracle.”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Artificer
    Time: 07:16

"You truly are an honest one."

The words were spoken with Artificer's neutral tone intact. He didn't smile, nor did he frown. Rather, he nodded. In a way, it was the first answer - or rather, non-answer - that had given him pause since being summoned. Kirame had spoken with sincerity, so as a Servant, he would return the favor.

"Master, I will not insult your quest by daring to substitute my own views as a form of truth," he says. "Nor will I attempt to dissuade you from it by claiming it is a worthless task. My blades were wielded by countless men and women searching for an answer to that question. They killed, died, and did all manner of things in pursuit of that answer. By seeking the Grail, the scope of your journey has already outclassed theirs." Kirame reminded Artificer of those poor fools, so this whim was made manifest. But with that, he was satisfied.

"But with certainty, those words mark you as the man who is fit to be called my Master."

Those words, once empty, were colored by a tinge of approval, and something... other.

After all, Artificer was still searching for a similar answer.

"What is your plan for today?" he asked, bluntly changing the topic. "The War has truly begun now. This city holds many enemies. How shall you do battle against them?"

Artificer paused.

"Also, will you buy more food? I wasn't joking about the fridge being empty."

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 07:17

He appreciated Artificer’s response. Others had tried to offer their own ideals. Hot air. Empty words. They never moved him. It was impossible for words to ever move him. It was enough to just have someone understand how meaningless, how pointless of a waste of time it would be to offer their own answer.

Those kinds of things had to be found on their own. You could pick it up from someone else, but to receive it, to simply have those kinds of notions gifted to you, was wrong. Empty and hollow.

The steel stare turned to the walls, like Kirame was trying to look past them at the city beyond. The battleground where his enemies were waiting. The place where they would die.

“The weaker Masters will hide. Some will scout and hunt at night alongside their Servants. Others may have approaches I can’t understand.” He spoke seriously. Talks of war were something he understood. When it came to this he felt whole, if only for a while. “When night comes I’ll go out and find the ones confident enough to patrol the streets, then I’ll kill them.”

Nozomi’s eyes visibly darkened at the conversation’s shift to violence. From the corner of his eye Kirame glanced at her face, expecting the reaction. He didn’t say a word to her after seeing it. He simply looked back to the wall. In his mind he pictured the streets outside that he had already been through, piecing together ideal places for ambushes, retreat, vantage points.

“It won’t be easy, but I can do it. The ones that hide are the real problem.” He had felt the strength of the Servant at the shrine, Ruler, the previous night. That storm in human clothing was completely unlike Artificer. The Servant called Ruler was powerful, and Kirame acknowledged it. If the other Servants were like him it would be troublesome.

But just that. Troublesome.

“I have to work out a way to find those ones.” It was fortunate that he met the mayor yesterday. The man was trustworthy, and seemed to be knowledgeable of the ritual. At least enough to understand the importance of it, especially in the eyes of the Masters. “I met the mayor yesterday. He seems to know much about the ritual, and he’s a good man. If it comes to it, I can ask him to side with me. He has the city’s best interests in mind. Having the ritual end quickly, before it burns the city down to ash, and seeing someone trustworthy taking the Grail should be things he wants.”

‘Someone trustworthy.’

It was a far cry from modesty, but Kirame knew enough about himself to judge himself as someone worth trusting. The mayor seemed to be a man of character, and likely could reach the same judgement.

“And you can take Nozomi shopping today if you want. She holds onto my money anyway.”

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Time: 05:42

Floating.

That is the first sensation that comes to mind. Floating in a dark ocean, drifting into the night. Everything is fuzzy, shadowy, undefined. There is no horizon, no sky, no earth, no light.

All there is is
    absence
    darkness.

Nothing is tasted, not even that which would try. Nothing is seen, not even those who would look. Nothing is felt, not even that which would touch. Nothing is heard, not even that which would seek.

Nothing exists, not even that which would be.

Into this void, light shines, and everything returns. It brings time, for something changes. It brings space, for something moves. It brings warmth, and joy, and hope, and determination.

For an
    eternity
    instant
    , there is life.

The darkness floods in, smothering, submerging, burying. There is no heat, for nothing moves. There is no light, for nothing shines. There are no dreams, because nothing sleeps.

Yet there is something.

A thrum of power, once a blinding sun, ripples through the night. It is slight, weak, meaningless, powerless and cannot destroy a single thing. It cannot dispel darkness, it cannot fill emptiness and it cannot replace nothingness.

Yet it exists, and like calls like.

For the first time, I open my eyes.

Xander Stone
    Time: 09:17

It’s warm, and soft, and comfy. I really don’t want to leave; can’t I stay in here? I promise you won’t need to go to the bathroom, or get hungry, or need anything else. So can’t I just close my eyes and rest?

I drag my gaze toward the desk clock, but stop abruptly as it catches on three blood-red chains.

Groaning, I shove myself out of the bed. Six months is nowhere near enough time to enjoy sleeping in, but I cannot afford to indulge for now. I shamble down the hall toward the bathroom, brushing and washing and scrubbing the drowsiness from my body. A light-blue shirt replaces yesterday’s gray one, and I step down the stairs in socks and jeans, a hand futilely rubbing mussed red hair into a reasonable excuse for a hairstyle.

I’d need to do a few things today: go shopping for food, clothing and other supplies, familiarize myself with the island and more. There was also someone who I should visit, and something that I should definitely try.

My gaze flickers to the faded circle on the living room floor, once inscribed in blood and now etched with ash.

But most of all, I should talk with my comrade in this War.

“Archer? Good morning; I’d like to talk about our plans for the day.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Servant Saver
    Time: 06:30

Aaaah, how long had it been since she’d enjoyed the sight of a pleasant sunrise- to watch the diligent star begin to peak its visage over the earth, as people awoke to its reliable rhythm and began their day. Her memories were a little fuzzy in this regard, but she could certainly tell that it had been no small length of time. It was a bit of a shame that the sight would have to be cut short- but judging from the ruckus occurring below; it was also time for her Master to wake up.

With but a small hop, she descended onto the soft snow with a light crunch- inaudible in comparison to the vicious noise one would have experienced from inside of that room. With a light gait, Saver peeked through the window…

To find her Master in a light state of undress, hurrying to put on his school clothes.

Displeased, she made a light pout. It wasn’t his physical appearance she was dissatisfied with (he seemed merely above average, in that regard, nothing special), but it seemed as though he had treated last night as nothing more than a dream, and was now rushing for an ordinary day of school. If there was any indication he remembered her, he didn’t show it.

Leaving him to his business, she pondered on what to do next.

Certainly, his family would be an issue- if Homura had been any indication, they likely knew nothing of magic, and explaining to them as well would be a hassle. Some sort of lie might work, but she could not think of one given that she knew little of Homura’s background. It would have been simpler if she could de-materialize and talk with him in spirit form, but such an option was not available to her for whatever reasons (likely her Master’s incompetence, she assumed). All things considered, it would probably be best for her to simply wait outside of his house for him to finish his tasks, and talk with him afterwards.

That would be the best outcome for Homura, yes.

Unfortunately for him, she had not forgotten what transpired last night, as he ignored her words and went to bed. Her anger had largely dissipated by now, but a light punishment wouldn’t hurt. It would teach him better than to do disregard her in the future.

Moving with a light smile on her face, she positioned herself straight in front of the house’s entrance. Waiting a while for whatever events inside to settle, she clenched her hand into a fist, filled with enough power to smash concrete…

And gave several normal hard knocks on the entrance, before announcing her presence in a loud voice.

“Excuuuse me! May I speak to a 'Kirisaki Homura' from this household?”

She’d leave the explanation up to him.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Artificer
    Time: 07:20

"That's as solid a plan as any. I approve."

Nothing more needed to be said. Sure, Kirame's plan was straightforward to a fault and completely lacking in any sort of fall-back options, but that was how people like him functioned best. Artificer knew that much from his talks with various warriors that had passed through his home. That sort of person was a charging bull that could only move forward and hope to push through anyone in his way. All Artificer could do was sharpen the bull's horns and hold on for dear life.

"I will accompany your patrol tonight."

For a moment Artificer's words even surprised himself. There was little time, and he needed to forge as many weapons as possible to strengthen Kirame enough to take on a Servant. It was the equivalent of losing out on time in order to do... what, exactly? Get himself killed by Servants that could actually fight with something resembling skill? But it was also necessary. There was a certain wish that needed to be fulfilled, and in order to do that, Artificer needed to baptize his blade with blood.

"To accurately gauge your fighting style and those of our opponents, it's a necessary experience."

Yes. Exactly. That had to be it.

"As for this 'shopping' you speak of..."

Artificer turned his head towards Nozomi. Though samurai of old had traditionally left thoughts of monetary matters to their wives, he didn't expect that tradition to have carried onto the present. Well, for an anachronistic Master, it was likely normal. Thoughts of all the new inventions of modern times crowded into Artificer's head. Exotic foods, new materials, and revolutionary forms of entertainment all competed for attention.

The Forge could be left alone for a while. He'd return later to see it through the end.

He smiled, just a tiny bit. For a man like Artificer, it was the equivalent of a shameless grin.

"A walk wouldn't hurt, I suppose."

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Character
    ???

Phase ----- Morning
    Time ------ 08:02
    Day ------- January 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Miyamoto Kiyoko View Post
    "D-did Invoker send you to p-play a joke?"
    An unexpected response. The skeletal monstrosity atop Kiyoko expected the terrified screams of a maiden or the despair-filled eyes of a victim muttering their last words, but that wasn't what it got -- this girl's reaction was a lot more milder than expected, and perhaps, rather underwhelming. Fear is certainly present in her body language and speech, but the right 'levels' to make a youkai satisfied are nowhere found. Most unfortunate for a kind that have not had the opportunity to terrorize a human in a very, very long time.

"And could you please move, y-you're scaring me."

"Foolishness."

The assailant is incredulous. Is it the shrine maiden's denial of the situation that caused these words to pop out? Something feels wrong here, but the youkai cannot exactly put its finger on what is out of place... just that this entire ordeal feels utterly underwhelming. Isn't this the end of a journey that has even yet begun? Shouldn't their be stronger emotions in play?

Whatever, there were more reasons behind this act than sampling an individual's psychology. In one swift movement the blade is--

"Gu-uhhh...?!"

A sharp pain locks the youkai in place, freezing all of its movements and preventing its arm from bringing the blade down on Kiyoko. A malicious laugh resounds behind it - without doubt belonging to the very same person that just stabbed the cold tip of a katana through the youkai's brain. That is... definitely a bloodstained sword-tip that's protruding between eye orbits of the youkai...

"Ara, ara~ What wonderful efficiency. A little bit too much for my taste!"

"Y-you..."

The youkai does not have the time to finish its sentence, let alone begin it - they barely speak up when like a skewered piece of meat, the youkai is sent flying through the window, their lifeless body crashing into the snow-covered garden below.

------

Character(s)

Invoker

Phase ----- Morning
    Time ------ 08:02
    Day ------- January 13th

"Hmm, well that was a close one, Master. Are you alright? Oh, look at that messy blood spread out all over you, ruining that soft and supple texture..."

It would be strongly possible to question the sanity of Kiyoko's rescuer by now, that is, her Servant Invoker. Draped in black as always, the beautiful corpse-like woman stands by Kiyoko's bed, wiping off the blood that has dripped onto the Shrine Maiden during the previous 'incident' with a handkerchief. Invoker appears to be pausing from time to time to appreciate the girl's fine complexion, as well as adding unnecessary pressure when hovering her hand over Kiyoko's bossom...

...that woman is in far too good spirits for the current situation: the aftermath of an assassination attempt on her Master. When she's done removing the blood from Kiyoko, she begins to do the same to the katana that she had used to stab the skeleton-like creature in the face.

Kiyoko would have reasons to worry.

When Invoker is done wiping the blood of the katana, it suddenly shifts back into a form that Kiyoko might be more familiar with - the seven-feathered fan that she's characteristically seen wielding at most times. It isn't only her sword that changes though - if the bladed katana has become a mundane, harmless if regal fan, then Invoker's behaviour could be said to have gone the other way, with the disturbingly pleasant character vanishing and giving place to crystallized, silent fury.

"... why did you not call out my name immediately?"

With the eyes of a demon that could send a full grown warrior cowering with their tail tucked between their legs, Invoker asks that one poignant question. That piercing, 'dead' glare would be on the level of the wrathful Izanami herself when she pursued her husband: it is a cold, harrowing, burning stare that can literally eat souls...

... but eventually, after having let that discontentment settle into Kiyoko's psyche clearly, Invoker reverts to her curiously merry demeanour she intially possessed. Like the raging sea whose waves are thrown wildly and aimlessly, is there even a way for any onlooker to understand what truly is going on behind the mind of this twisted existence?

She chuckles dismissively, before continuing:

"Dear me, did you think that this was a joke? Ah, perhaps that I should have informed you before... but well, now more than ever is good time to know that these people, while under my command, do not happen to be most loyal to me! I have trouble controlling them, unfortunately. Ahahaha~"

Invoker is acting like a carefree child that are trying but failing very badly to acknowledge their mistake. She continues laughing emptily for a few more seconds abruptly stopping and turning around to exit the room. As she stands by the doorway though, the woman in black pauses for a while, looking at Kiyoko from the corner of the eye, saying:

"Hmm, we should discuss the implications of what just happened. If you could please head down in the dining room for breakfast? The kotatsu is ready to warm you up, and I have prepared the right meal that'll give you all the energy you need~"

Without waiting for an answer, perhaps wanting to take the discussion at a proper place, Invoker vanishes from Kiyoko's bedroom.

------

Invoker
    Miyamoto Shrine
    Living Room
    8:07

"Boss, was that really necessary?"

The voice of one of her summons resonates in her head.

"Hmmm, do you feel bad for your ilk?"

Invoker's voice is filled with derisiveness, much to the Tengu summon's displeasure.

"Well, even if we don't really die if we get killed after being summoned by you, I'd like you not to play with our feelings that much. You might be the Lord of Kurama, but it's not like you're anywhere near what you once were, are you?"

"Ohohoho... true, true. I am weak and feeble. But even if I am theoretically at a tenth of my original power, you would still require a hundred to even stand a chance of revolting against me."

"Well boss, just a small warning out there. We're doing whatever you want right now, but we might change our minds if you keep acting like that and someone who can unfortunately match you shows up..."

"I'll note that, my dear subject~ Good job on the cleaning up by the way!"

"Sigh. I really pity that poor miko... let's hope that she doesn't order you immediately to kill yourself."

"Well, we'll see about that~"

The footsteps coming from the staircase -- there is no doubt that Miyamoto Kiyoko has gathered her thoughts and is coming down into the kitchen. What is she coming as though, Invoker has to wonder? What will the results of this discussion be, after the outrageous awakening that Kiyoko has experienced? What does the future hold for a Master-Servant pair that has had such a messed up and tumultous beginning already?
    The anticipation, the unknown varriables, the thrill of the insanity : it is all part of the fun for Invoker, and that is why there is a wide smile on her lips.
    Well, part of that smile also comes from the fact that she is currently...

"W-e-l-c-o-m-e, Onee-san!"

... in the form of an innocent, and most sweet girl that seems to have barely entered her teenage years. What other form than the endearing and loving little sister to implore the big sister's pardon and gain once again her affection? It would be hard not to achieve such objectives, especially after having cooked these luxurious meals that now sit on the table, awaiting to be picked apart...
    Last edited by Ayakashi; March 1st, 2015 at 11:34 PM.

A shrouded man marches down a dark hallway.

Faceless shadowy figures stand to his side.

Their eyeless gazes follow the man's advance.

He pays no attention to them.

They listen to him and him alone.

Black shadows, white light.

A piercing pain splits the man's chest.

Red.

Crimson blood splashes his chest as the man falls.

A shadow steps from behind the fallen man.

Ripping, grinding, stripping.

Wordless screams as a bloody knife tears into the man's face.

The man's face is taken, a pale mask of bone.

The man has become a shadow and the shadow has become a man.

The man smiles as the bloody shadow disappears.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Servant Assassin
    Time: 9:45

The ebony Servant jerks awake as he realizes in annoyance that he had fallen asleep. A lapse in concentration should never happen to a being such as him, especially since the rest had brought unwanted reverie. He touches the side of his ivory mask on his face, a flash of anger sparks his body but is smothered underneath stoic professionalism. He had to keep his emotions in check, Assassin berates quietly. If he and his Master won this war, he would get his heart's desire...

A ray of light breaks through the cardboard covers and shines on the blackened forearm of Assassin. It was morning and the start of a new day of this war. Information had to be gathered and tasks must be undertaken if he and his Master were to survive. Despite his Master's unique condition and his own preference of the nocturnal, the day must not be wasted. Assassin makes his way through the abandoned butchery floor but stops at the foot of the stairs.

A large mirror that he had not noticed before was facing him. Assassin looked at his wiry yet fit ebony frame but stopped at his white mask.

Unexpectedly, Assassin smashes the mirror with one quick whiplash of his arm and proceeds up the staircase to wake his slumbering Master.
    Last edited by MssrNeko; March 7th, 2015 at 04:13 PM.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Time: 8:02

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "Foolishness."
    Foolishness?!? So that means the person in front of me isn't one of Invoker's summons but someone else?!? Didn't the Demon Hunter's Organization assure me that the standard defenses would at least be able to detect someone! I saw the person raise their blade. Time slowed down as their hand moved away and then back towards my neck. It inched closer. Closer. So close that the blade was once again at my throat. I-I don't want to d-

I closed my eyes. This can't be real. Why can't we just talk? I want to know why. Why would he want to kill me? I didn't do anything wrong. Why must I die? Why? Why? Why?!?

However, the moment I was waiting for never arrived. The blade that was threatening to decapitate me was gone instead I felt something warm drop on my face. I hesitantly opened my eyes to find my assailant grunting in pain... with a katana stabbing through his forehead. And upon further inspection of the katana, I discovered the source of the dripping. It was blood dripping off of the katana. Slowly and calmly announcing the death of the person on top of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Invoker
    "Ara, ara~ What wonderful efficiency. A little bit too much for my taste!"
    I-invoker saved me? She saved me from him? Invoker then threw the person off of her katana and out my room’s window. I dumbly stared at the person sized hole in my window. Just a minute ago, I was sleeping peacefully in my bed. Just a minute ago. Thirty seconds ago, I was convinced I was going to die.

"Hmm, well that was a close one, Master. Are you alright? Oh, look at that messy blood spread out all over you, ruining that soft and supple texture..."
    I visibly jumped when Invoker started to wipe the blood off of me. Carefully wiping my face like a lover. However, I did notice that Invoker placed a little more pressure on my bosom. I initially squirmed a little bit out of discomfort, but stopped upon realization that I was making things harder for Invoker. After Invoker finished wiping me up, she cleaned off her katana like one of the samurai of old before changing it back to the seven-feathered fan that she preferred. While her fan was epitome of peacefulness and regality, Invoker was mad... No she was furious at me.

"... why did you not call out my name immediately?"
    "I-I...I thought..."

If I thought that the person from earlier was scarier then Invoker was even worse. My body recognized that the person before was going to kill me. I believe one of my manga called it… Killing Intent? However, the chilling aura that Invoker gave off wasn’t just intent. I would better describe it as the Certainty of Death. No matter I do, I could not live an encounter with this person. All of my tricks. All of the god’s blessing. Nothing would stop her from killing me if she so wished. Is this what all Izanagi felt when his wife pursued him? Is death really this cold? This fierce? And after staring into me for a bit, Invoker's mood changed from her enraged mood to a jovial mood (?).

"Dear me, did you think that this was a joke? Ah, perhaps that I should have informed you before... but well, now more than ever is good time to know that these people, while under my command, do not happen to be most loyal to me! I have trouble controlling them, unfortunately. Ahahaha~"

"Hmm, we should discuss the implications of what just happened. If you could please head down in the dining room for breakfast? The kotatsu is ready to warm you up, and I have prepared the right meal that'll give you all the energy you need~"
    And with that said, Invoker disappeared from my room. Leaving me to be by myself in my room with my bloody bed and broken window. The cold, hard evidence that I was nearly killed and the only reason why it failed was because someone else was there to save me. And after Invoker left, the conditions for someone to kill me were the same. Because I was all by myself.

I don't want to be by myself. I'm scared. Please don't leave me by myself… Someone… Anyone please help me...

I spent the next couple of minutes crying to myself and attempting to gain some modicum of calmness. Even then, I would describe my calmness to be like a gazelle ready to run at the first sight of trouble. And that was the state I was in as I unsteadily walked down the stairs.

Miyamoto Shrine
    Kitchen
    8:07

Quote Originally Posted by Imouto Invoker (?)
    "W-e-l-c-o-m-e, Onee-san!"
    When I saw the piles of luxurious food and who I guessed to be Invoker. I should've been calmed down and been happy from this scene, but it had the opposite effect. This excessive kindness caused my calmness left me, and the already breaking dam to finally collapse. I ran towards Invoker and hugged her desperately. Anchoring myself to this small Invoker as I cried into her small shoulder.

"P-please don't leave me alone. I don't want to be alone again."

The desperate cry of a young girl. Thankfully or sadly, Kiyoko couldn’t see Invoker’s face as she cried into the servant’s shoulder.

Blog Entries
    Artificer
    Time: 07:23

“Follow me out tonight if you want.” There was no reason to decline, nor was there a reason to spur the Servant on. The man knew his way around a sword. Likely more than most warriors ever did. It wouldn’t be an overstatement to say Artificer was more comfortable holding a sword than even the most experienced swordsman.

Allowing Artificer to see how Kirame fights would also be to his benefit. A blacksmith who understands the needs of the man he creates for is more useful than one that sits locked in a smithy crafting weapons to punctuate his philosophy.

Kirame stood up from the kotatsu, unbuttoning and tossing his coat across the room, where it hit the wall and fell to the floor in a wad. Running his fingers through his hair he blinked a few times, then rubbed his eyes.

“After I’ve had a bath I’ll head out for the day.” He picked up the bag he had tossed on the floor yesterday, after the drive from the airport. Slinging the bag of spare clothes over his shoulder he looked to Artificer.

The first thing he had seen this morning… Artificer’s chest shining with sweat. It was a fresh memory.

“You take one too, Artificer. You’re all sweaty.”

He slid open a door and looked down the hall, toward where the bath should be. Kirame had yet to even inspect the bath after arriving. Judging from the rest of the old run-down place it was likely to be just as outdated and old fashioned as the rest of the place.

“Reckon I’ll get me ready to go out...” Nozomi stood up from the kotatsu, rushing past Kirame to escape to the other end of the house. A flurry of brown hair tied up in a ponytail breezed past him, disappearing with gust-like speed.

Until a hand from behind reached out and caught her by the collar of her shirt.

“You’re taking a bath too.” Kirame pulled her back and spun her around, picking her up by the collar of her shirt. Spinning her around from where she hung by his grip she looked like a puppy being carried by its mother.

And the look she was giving him was like a dirty puppy trying to run away from a bath.

He looked at her shirt, the same she had worn yesterday. Caked over in a solid layer of ash and grime. The same substance that was on her face like bad makeup.

Nozomi looked away, trying to find something else to look at, only to find herself meeting Kirame’s eyes as he spun her around to face him.

Sh-shishou, save me!” The pitiful whimper of the girl called for help.
    Last edited by Spinach; March 2nd, 2015 at 02:21 AM.

Azama Tae
    Time: 5:40 1/3

Saber was right: Definitely not the best rice out there.

And yet, I do not think such thing bothers me in the slightest. I am one of those people who can eat any kind of food so long as its edible. Though I am without a doubt hungry, I do not let my desperation become apparent, eating bit by bit in a polite and reserved manner. Saber went a little overboard and prepared a meal for at least three people, but we have shown no difficulty in emptying our plates thus far.

“I've already decided I would only provide support during battle when absolutely necessary.” I remind my Servant as I refill my bowl. “Don't think that I'll change my mind just because you proved yourself to be a good cook.”

I can't help but to smile for a moment, as if I have just told a joke to myself. However, it is also true that I mean what I say. To be honest, I'd rather not get too friendly with my Servant. Our relationship is supposed to be professional and last only until the end of the Holy Grail War. In other words, to me, Saber is just another weapon that will guarantee my survival. Likewise, I am merely the anchor that keeps her in this world, the partner that will pave the path towards her wish. That's all there is to it and all that matters.

Our personal feelings should never become a topic of conversation.

“We'll be going separate ways after this, so listen closely, Saber...”

Being a member of the strongest class, I am certain Saber can fit more than one role in combat, but her high physical abilities make her ideal for an offensive approach. It's convenient for us to strike early on when the scales are tipped on our sides than latter when the enemy has gained something to rely on. Classes like Caster are said to become much stronger if given the time to settle down. Magi houses are like fortresses, secured with magical barriers and traps. Unlike the Cabin where we stay in, storming those won't be a walk in the park. However, that's where Saber's talents come in. As a Knight Class, she can avoid such obstacles through her Magic Resistance.

However, until we can find more information on the other Servants, it's better if we take a different approach. So tonight...

"Understood? Then your fist task shall be to familiarize with the city. If there is anything you require, you can use the money I am giving you. In addition, I'll be having you carry 'this'. I am not sure if you are aware of how it works but just hold on to it. It will make my life easier if I need to find you."

Having finished my explanation, I arm myself and get ready to begin my day for real now. Saber can express her opinion regarding the plan as I do so.

"It's getting a little too late for my comfort. I should be going soon."
    Last edited by hero; March 2nd, 2015 at 04:49 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 07:02

"Tell me."
    "I found something on the first letter you gave me," Meiji's voice came from the other end of the phone. His voice sounded somewhat strained, clearly indicating he hadn't gotten much sleep last night. "It's... another message. I think. I'm not sure what it means, but you might have. It sounds... somewhat personal."

Leaning on his table at the Tengetsu Police Station, Myoujingata Meiji grunted at the letter in front of him. All the blinds in his office had been pulled down, making the room as dark as a dark room needed for developing photographs. However, the single source of light he had was the ghostly glow of the strange, purple light he had trained at the letter on his desk. There, over the original words inviting the contestant to the Holy Grail War was... something else.

"It seems to be written in some sort of optical brightener. I tested it to the best of my abilities in the lab, and I could conclude that it wasn't bodily fluids. Whoever wrote this message wanted it to be visible only under specific circumstances," Meiji continued. "I think you'd better see this for yourself. This doesn't seem like a matter that should be discussed on phone."

Time: 06:32

"Morning, I'm up so there's no need for a cold dip! So lets get going, what's for breakfast anyways?"
    Behind the door waited the fearsome beast that had just previously called for an unceremonious dive into the freezing cold sea water. Fujimura Tetora, the current heiress of the Fujimura Family, was not a woman to be trifled with. This former female puro-wrestler was, perhaps, even more vicious than the occasional suited bodyguard that could be seen walking around the estate. In her black-and-white clothing she seemed perhaps a bit undressed for the cold of Tengetsu, but like the tiger she so much resembled, stories told of her extreme resistance to the weather conditions. Perhaps that was why she was so energetic even this early in the morning.

"Donburi, what else!?" Tetora answered, looking like steam was about to billow from her nostrils. "Zenko spent long time preparing it for us, so ya should show some respect, punk! Now move it! I've got a busy schedule, and I can't spend the whole day babysitting you!"

While the way she said it might have implied it was all of Kirisaki's fault, Tetora wasn't exactly lying. Being a rather influential person in the city of Tengetsu, her attention was required by all sorts of various things. Sometimes it was meeting with the mayor, sometimes it was dealing with the Tennou company, sometimes it was arguing with the head priestess of the Yamaichi Shrine. As the Fujimura Family was the largest Yaku... collection of friendly businessmen in Tengetsu, they had their spoon in just about every soup.

And this black-and-white ball of mean-spirited craziness was holding that said spoon. Or, perhaps, in her case it could have said to be a ladle?

As with the rest of the Fujimura Estate, the dining room was big, spacious, and felt rather empty. Most of the people working for the family lived in the exterior building on the other side of the walled-off yard, leaving the main building to be used only by Tetora, Kirisaki and the maid of the family. Apparently, there had been many more people living here in the past, but most of them had moved out to lead some other branches of the family. Still, during summers, at the very least, the place got livelier when Tetora's relatives came for their usual visit.

... Mostly because Tetora couldn't stand a certain brown-haired cousin of hers, and their meeting often turned into an all-out war.

"What are ya spacing out for? Get to eating! The breakfast's gonna go cold," Tetora called out to Kirisaki as she sat down on her side of the table.

As the black-haired tigress had mentioned, there were two bowls of donburi waiting for them in the dining room. It seemed that the maid of the family, a certain Kourou Zenko, had, as usual, prepared the food and then disappeared off to who-knows-where. The black-haired maid was deceivingly light on her steps, and could move like a ghost if she wanted to. This time before performing her vanishing act she had gone out of her way to make Tetora and Kirisaki heaping helpings of rice bowls with toppings of sea urching and squid.

"So, ya behaving in school?" Tetora suddenly asked as they had gotten to work with the breakfast. "I don't wanna hear of any nasty shenanigans. Yer still under my responsibility here, and I don't want the Fujimura name tarnished by your teenage hormones, ya hear?"

Meanwhile, outside...

“Excuuuse me! May I speak to a 'Kirisaki Homura' from this household?”
    It did not take even ten seconds for the clipping sound of geta to approach the entrance after Saver's knock and loud announcement. Without any hesitation, and rather rudely to be perfectly honest, the main door was slid open, revealing a young woman standing behind it. She was dressed in black, traditional clothing but for some reason, she had an apron over the get-up, making her occupation rather clear to anyone who saw her. This had to be the maid of the household.

... And for some reason, she was scowling at the mere sight of Saver.

"......................."

There was a long silence as the maid stared at Saver, her eyes slowly taking in all her features. From her clothing to her face, even the way she held herself. It was the experienced gaze of someone from the service industry trying to determine whether the person in front of her was simple riff-raff, and if she should simply shoo her away, ignore her completely, or comply with her request.

After a minute or so, it seemed the silent maid had finally come to a conclusion, as she turned to look back inside to the corridor, and---

"HOMURA-KUN! YOU HAVE VISITORS!"

Called out to the boy with a yell so loud it must've made the birds take off from trees in a five mile radius. Up close, it was perhaps comparable to the take-off a particularly large airplane.

Back inside, Tetora blankly picked her ear, as if to test whether or not her eardrums had been shattered.

"I think Zenko called for ya..." Tetora said slowly. "... Or then our boiler just blew itself sky-high."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura
    Time: 06:32

"Donburi, what else!? Zenko spent long time preparing it for us, so ya should show some respect, punk! Now move it! I've got a busy schedule, and I can't spend the whole day babysitting you!"

And just like that, my defense had crumbled from the relentless attack by Aneja, a harsh mix of fact and insult with no chance to make a comeback before I was whisked away to the dining room. It wasn't the fact that she shouted at me and called me a punk that surprised me but the simple fact that she was able to walk around like that, did the weather simply not affect her or was she really a tiger taking human form? I mean she had the attitude to match but...

I guess I sorta did deserve the lashing, well a bit of it. She did say she was busy most of the day with work so I had to get ready for that.

Not that I was ever going to ask about the work the Fujimura family did on the island, 'friendly businessmen' don't normally need guys in black suits and shades patrolling the grounds. As far as I'm concerned I'm just going to leave it at that. As expected, the only ones that actually were in the dining room was myself and Aneja, it's really too big for just the two of us, as if we're still waiting on people that'll never come. Sometimes I wonder if I should ask Aneja about that though she probably wouldn't give me much of an answer. Zenko again seems to not be joining us for breakfast, the only way of knowing she's been here is the actual food on the table...which makes me think, I've never actually seen her eat anything, she cleans and does work around the house with the few times I have seen her.

Maybe she's some type of robot.

"What are ya spacing out for? Get to eating! The breakfast's gonna go cold."

Finally sitting down I get a look at breakfast.

...Well it certainly looks good but this is a lot.

And if I leave a bit of it I'm going to get shouted at aren't I? Time to dig in!

"So, ya behaving in school? I don't wanna hear of any nasty shenanigans. Yer still under my responsibility here, and I don't want the Fujimura name tarnished by your teenage hormones, ya hear?"

What the!? Do I really give off that sorta vibe!?

"Do I really look like that kind of-"

"HOMURA-KUN! YOU HAVE VISITORS!"

What...what even was that...?

"I think Zenko called for ya... Or then our boiler just blew itself sky-high."

I look to Aneja, she talks as if this is nothing new, no surprise only a blank calm. It's as if I'm supposed to believe the normally quiet, elusive Zenko nearly just broke the glass off every window in this house, maybe an exaggeration but at this rate I'm not going to doubt that maid's abilities.

"A-ah...yeah..."

My startled response with a small excuse is all I could muster, Aneja's mean streak was something I was used to but this...

Wait, wait.

'Visitors'?

I don't remember telling anyone where I stayed. Was this some stalker? Seriously, I don't have the patience for this, this early in the morning...well, time to send this joker packing.

"W-w-what are you doing here?!"

After letting Zenko get back to her work, she really didn't seem happy about this guest, I was finally able to see just who this 'visitor' was.

This had to be an elaborate prank or I really was going insane. Even a creepy stalker would make more sense then what I was seeing now.

A girl wearing a gothic lolita outfit in the cold white snow, undeterred by the cold as if her sense of fashion was overpowering it. How was this even possible? The answer of course was it wasn't and yet it was happening. This island has gotten to my head, it's the only way I can explain it because nothing else comes close...

"You're not supposed to be here! What is this, some sort of prank?"

I say my thoughts out loud.

"Just what's going on here!?"

I'm waiting for Aneja to come over and say it was a prank or something.

Somehow, I doubt that's the case.
    Last edited by Dranes; March 2nd, 2015 at 02:28 PM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Character(s)

Invoker

Phase ----- Morning
    Time ------ 08:08
    Day ------- January 13th

There were many reactions that Invoker expected from Miyamoto Kiyoko the moment that the young girl came down to the dining room: perhaps scorn for Invoker's inconsiderate behaviour, or mistrust because of how the Servant took everything in stride and never seemed to worry. Invoker even considered the possibility that Kiyoko might show her very first visible traces of unadulterated anger for all that the she had been put through since Invoker's summoning. The woman of black pondered on the possibilities of many things; that perhaps the person known as Miyamot Kiyoko was like the greater majority of individuals of the world: a human being that lived with a mask on, only showing their true-selves when a certain threshold was crossed; or maybe that she was simply one of these people that were slow to anger... even if she seemed like a helpless child back then when death was knocking at the door, surely--

"P-please don't leave me alone. I don't want to be alone again."

Or this can happen. A lost pup throwing itself to the first sentient being it saw in hope of having hope to cling on to... Invoker herself is having trouble believing in how things are turning out, an expression of disbelief momentarily carving itself onto her face. With Kiyoko burying her sorrows into Invoker's shoulder though, there is nothing that the tearful shrine maiden can make out of the Servant's reaction. Why would she even want to do so at any rate, seeing her current state?

The comedy of this morning had yielded results far beyond Invoker's expectations... ah, truly this was the most pure and innocent of Masters that she had received - Invoker could not even believe how 'fortunate' she was to be able to become Kiyoko's 'pillar'. To guide this disgusting immaculate creature through a sea of black... and make it emerge from the other side no different from how it first entered: Invoker had gained one concrete goal to go through for this 'battle' she had been called to fight.

The 'imotou' held her 'onee-san' dearly, rubbing the back of the shrine maiden that now was a good head or two than Invoker thanks to the latter's juvenile form.

'It's okay... it's all okay, Onee-san..."

An onlooker that was well aware of Invoker's malicious smile as she spoke these unnaturally calm and soothing words would without doubt be disgusted by the Servant's duality, but there is no one to watch the scene here other than the two people having breakfast in the living room.

Invoker has decided that her chiding and elaboration of a strategy with Kiyoko can wait. Another iron has been heated, and to strike while it is not hot would be most foolish -- for now, visiting the shrine and providing 'emotional comfort' to her Master are top priority.

"You should eat to get all the energy you need! We'll go have a walk and visit the shrine after that; maybe that the'll help you feel better? Some fresh air, and a nice little exercise~"

The rice, stew and all that was prepared here... it'd be a waste to eat them cold too.

'What a nice beginning of a day... I have the feeling that this is going to be most entertaining! Ufufufu....'
    Last edited by Ayakashi; March 2nd, 2015 at 10:33 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Artificer
    Time: 07:25

The Servant frowned.

Bathing? Was such a thing nearly necessary? Certainly, he stank like high heaven, and were it any other situation that error would be immediately remedied, but weren't there more important things to be worrying about than simple smell? Every minute they wasted was a moment he could be forging, and yet that foolish Master...

So this was the power of sheer habit.

His apprentice's call shook the Servant out of his slight bewilderment. He met her eyes and nodded.

Artificer took one step forward and disappeared. In an instant the particles that made up his body reverted to spiritual energy, returning him to a less-than-corporeal existence. He glided straight through the boy and girl, solidifying on the other side completely intact, and coincidentally, clean once more. It was one of the few perks that came with lacking a human body.

"Worry not, girl." Artificer said. "Your cries have been heard."

He held up a wad of bills, eyeing them dispassionately. "Mere paper it may be, but money is still money no matter what form it takes. I shall endure the burden of being forced to use it in your stead. When you are finished with your bath, prepare the forge for my return. The blade is near complete."

With that proclamation and a casual wave, the Servant took another step, gliding out of the house like a phantom and slipping into the winds.

Food. They needed food and supplies. Artificer searched his brain, looking for information about city layouts and modern customs.

Ah. So that was what he sought. It was the place called 'Mall'.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Servant Saber
    Time: 5:40 1/3

The two of us ate slowly, and mostly in silence. Tae was obviously a very serious person, and not the type to make idle small talk over breakfast. I didn't want to bother her too much and end up with a disgruntled Master, but a little poking here and there would be fine! It wasn't good for the skin to be so stone-faced all the time, anyway.

"Oh, of course not, Tae. You would have to be really weak-willed to give in to a plain meal like this. Just wait until I get my hands on some real ingredients. I can even calm a raging Berserker with my best work, so getting you on my side should be no problem at all." It was a simple matter-of-fact statement, like it was something that had already been decided without Tae's input. Someone like her might even have trouble knowing if I was serious or not. "We need to get some real rice first, though. This stuff is an insult to cooks and diners alike."

We'll be going separate ways after this, so listen closely, Saber...

And before I could finish my rice, it was planning time. We had both given good descriptions of our abilities, but with less than zero knowledge of our opponents, we could only make general strategies. It would be on us to learn enough to pick the right battles.

"Well, it goes without saying that my strength at frontal assault is great, but even a Saber shouldn't be storming a mage's fortress with reckless abandon. Information gathering and other preparations come first, and I am sad to say the Saber class has... heavily restricted my non-combat abilities. Maybe if I had been called as Trickster or something similar, it would have been different?" Of course, the Trickster class would leave my combat abilities drastically reduced instead. I guess you just couldn't have everything these days. "No matter. I've won wars with less and this one will be no different."

After the short discussion, Tae handed me an odd little device. A phone? That was the image in my head it looked the most like, at least. I examined the phone while Tae continued speaking, testing out various buttons and functions and nodding to my Master as needed. Before long, she rose to her feet and passed me a handful of bills and coins.

It's getting a little too late for my comfort. I should be going soon.

"Of course. I'll be heading out right away as well, then. Are there any specific areas or places I should check out or avoid, or is it safe to use my own judgement for the time being?"
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 6:35

I get up, groggily, and do as he says. I take the doll. It’s kinda beautiful in a way, if ancient Buddhist thingies could be that way. I put it in my bag. Now it’s time to make breakfast. Can barely cook. Know what happens next. I should make toast. I can watch toast. I’ve spent the past six hours staring at a wall in my car. I can watch toast and hit the thingy so it’s toasted just right.

I think I have butter. Buttered toast is nice. Might alleviate something. How tired I am. My legs are all wobbly like… flan? They’re just wobbly.

I fall over on the floor. Push yourself up, Mirai. This is nothing for what is to come. Take a deep breath. Rub your eyes. Take off your glasses first. Put them on the table. When Caster beats you up you don’t want them to break. You did it. Now go check on the toast.

It’s toasty. Looks nice enough. Grab butter from the fridge. Yeah, it’s right there. You bought butter earlier while you were around town. Find the butter knife. It’s right there. Grab it. Open the stick of butter. Cut.

Did you miss? C’mon, try again. Making toast shouldn’t be this hard. You just need one cut. Mirai, do your best… Or something like that. Bam. Got it. Now just smear it on the toast. Like that. See, not too bad.

Wait. There are two pieces of toast. Back to the stick of butter. You’ve got it in the bag this time. One fell stroke. Another piece of toast buttery. Put both on a plate and carry it to the small table.

Sit down in couch. Stare through the window. That’s bright, right? Yeah. Keep awake, finish your toast, then go train with Caster. Eat quickly. He hates waste. Doesn’t strike you as the personality that appreciates dawdling. Dawdling. Funny word. I read a lot of books when I was young. Built up a good vocabulary. Sometimes my professors say I talk intelligently. Lovely compliment.

Lean back into the couch. Rub your eyes again. Ow. Toast crumbs. Crap. Shoulda thought that one through. Now take some steps, Mirai. You got the hang of it now. Don’t shift around too much, or you might actually fall over. Look at Caster. Address him by title. You’re still training.

“I’m ready, Shifu.” Stifle that yawn. You know he knows you know you look like a loser. Try not to give him even more of an impression.

Wait, right. He’s going to beat you up now. Aaaaaaaaaaargh.
    Last edited by Katie; March 3rd, 2015 at 12:02 AM.