Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Anna Bernhart
    Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 09:22
    Day - January 13th

Anna's polite expression immediately melted, her hand caught hopelessly unprepared. It seemed that, before she actually touched it, she was about to issue a response of some kind, but the words got mangled and turned into weird noises, like poorly stifled gasps. Her widened eyes blinked rapidly in confusion. A moment later, Anna burst into laughter.

"...This is incredible! It's... what is this made of?" She muttered, giving the tail a bit of a squeeze. The girl's fingers kept running along the fluffy tail, a childish, open-mouthed grin plastered across her face. The next logical step was to obviously hug it with her face, but Anna remembered something.

"Oh, Muire! Did... did you know about this? You should try!" She said, though it didn't look like she was about to share, at least not the particular tail currently in her grasp. "I mean, if that's fine with Kenbou, of course!"

Her smile dimmed a little more, wits gradually coming back."...Oh, Muire. That's right, we were going somewhere. I'm sorry, I got a little carried away," Anna laughed sheepishly as she apologized... though she still held the tail in her hands.
    Last edited by Antary; July 1st, 2015 at 05:55 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura
    Phase: Day 1/3
    Time: 06:47
    Day: January 13th

"W-what!?"

It was sudden, an unexpected attack that made me turn and stumble back as I met the eyes of the elusive maid.

No, right now they seemed more to be those of a demon, there was a force behind them that I had never seen before and she was gripping that broom a bit...too tightly. I never said I was good at complements and I can't say I didn't expect this from Aneja and Saver but you too Zenko!? You're doing a bad job of not showing any emotions with that presence you know, if anything this is even scarier than Aneja's damn sword, at least I could understand that but this...this is an impossible situation.

And it's only getting worse by the minute, lying on the floor with all three of them drilling into me. Scratching my head I can only look awkwardly shift as the silence fills the room.

"Ahah..."

I know that wasn't my best reaction but did I really have to be treated like this?

I need to get out of here before this gets worse, I need to make a break for it. I know this is the coward's way out but no man can survive this.

Seriously no luck with woman over compliments?

"I'll...I better get going or we'll be late."

I literally spring off the floor and head to the exit, I can't be stopped by them now, I won't be stopped!

"I'll catch you later Saver!"

Freedom! Oh please if there is a god up there let this nightmare end!

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 10:12

"Mou... Sourokurou-san so mean. You know I'm here to talk about what you have been up to and what Sen-chan is up to."
    Sourokurou chuckled in that deep, little scary way of hers. She put aside the cup of tea in her hands, back to the wooden floor. Steam slowly drifted towards the ceiling, mimicking the snow outside with its color. Inside the small side-room of this temple, the sight of the impossibly tall shrine maiden against the backdrop of the fierce winter, separated only by the thin sheet of the sliding door... it truly was something to behold. It was no wonder that even during the time that Kiyoko had been training at the Yamaichi Shrine, the men of Tengetsu had sung praises of Sourokurou's beauty every now and then.

"Ah, of course. I believe there was some sort of promise to that effect we made, wasn't there? You must forgive me, these two days have been rather... taxing, in a way," the shrine maiden said, smiling enigmatically. "I have had to ensure that none of you were caught by the local populace as you... summoned your companions for this war."

Sourokurou's eyes drifted over to Invoker, and for a moment, her smile seemed to widen ever so slightly. Why, those black eyes did not reveal.

"In any event, I can say that I have been doing just fine, Miyamoto-san," Sourokurou continued. "There are little surprises in the life of a shrine maiden, after all. A Holy Grail War non-withstanding."

Later That Day... (
    11:42)

“Your trust in me is greatly appreciated. Although, I must admit, you have me at a bit of an impasse. It is clear that you have some idea of my personage, however, I unfortunately profess to no such great insight myself.”
    Ruler snorted and made a dismissive gesture with his right hand. It wasn't to insult or mock Maker, however, far from it. In a sense, it seemed that the blue-haired Servant simply wanted to set right the misunderstanding that the female Servant had had so far. Indeed, judging from his body-language, this was more of the case of something older showing restraint out of respect to the younger.

"Some idea? Little August One, I knew who you were the moment I laid my eyes upon you," Ruler spoke, a slightly sardonic grin on his face. "That is my authority as the Servant of the overseer of this war, after all."

“So before I leave, I would like to ask... How may I address you?"
    Ruler scratched his chin.

"Let's see... in normal cases, I'd have people address me as Heavenly King as my stature demands, but, yes..." Ruler shrugged. "You've already shown politeness and etiquette, Little August One. Thus, I'll show some respect to your stature as well. You need not refer to me as your superior. 'Ruler' is just fine."

Time: 07:38

"I think I have an good idea on what this refers to. And in fact I have to say, Mr. Myoujingata, that it is very fortunate indeed when you want to catch up to your past, and your past wants to catch up to you too."
    Meiji nodded, lighting up his pipe and thus bringing another source of light in the otherwise dark room. Looking like some sort of particularly shabby Sherlock Holmes, he sat down on his large chair once more, the pipe brought once more to his lips in a thoughtful manner. The eyes of the police chief stayed on Astrid, but they weren't accusing. Instead, there seemed to be a hint of worry in them, as if Meiji had been unsure as to how she would deal with this revelation.

"I see... to be honest, I admit I was not sure if I should have shown you this or not, Ms. Hildebrandt," Meiji admitted. "In a sense, I figured the last thing you needed right now was more to weigh upon your mind. But, here we are, eh?"

He made a slightly sarcastic shrug, as if to tell it couldn't be helped.

“Indeed, past sentiments are a rather interesting subject to touch on. Now then, Mr. Myoujingata, I have a question - has the...victim’s body undergone a proper autopsy? This may sound rather cold, but I feel it would be a poor decision not to look at how this girl may have died in detail, if we are to be vigilant about further such crimes in the future.”
    Meiji looked like Trickster had managed to catch him a bit off-guard, but soon recovered and nodded.

"Yeah. I think they are just about finished with the autopsy. Ms. Amber is leading it from what I hear, so you might want to have a talk with her later for details," he said, before his expression darkened. "That being said, you're not that far off. From what I could tell with a glance, a sharp, one-bladed weapon had been used to murder the girl in question and sever her limbs."

Phase: Morning 1/3
    Time: 07:15

"Lady. Is something wrong with this island?"
    Lady Chìhóng made a bit of a troubled face upon hearing Artificer's question. It was clear that she didn't exactly want to discuss the topic in question, but then again, shutting up now would have been too rude towards the man. Thus, she was put in something of an impasse. Unable to neither advance nor retreat, she was left shifting uncomfortably at her seat, trying to find some way to wrap this up neatly.

Her savior came in a form of a young, hazel-haired girl.

"Lady Chìhóng! I have brought the cake and the tea!" Aohara Ritsu said, unaware of the atmosphere she had just destroyed. In her hands, she carried a tray with few slices of cheesecake and a pot of tea, western from the look of it. "I hope I didn't take too long!"

The lady in red giggled, shaking her head.

"No, you were just in time, Ritsu. Now, go wake up your brother and head to school. I can't keep you here working during a school day, now can I?" she asked and winked at the girl. The latter almost saluted before she caught herself.

"Y-yes! I will!" she exclaimed, quickly bowing to both her and Artificer. "I will see you two later then!"

Thus, they were left gazing at the sight of the young waitress bee-lining to the staircase that would take her back to her room. Other than that, now they could also enjoy the promised cheesecake and some rather high quality black tea, served from one of the finer pots in the house, from the looks of it. Lady Chìhóng flashed an apologetic smile as she started pouring the tea, first to Artificer, then to herself.

"I'm sorry," she said with a quiet, little wistful voice. "You must think less of me for dodging the question in such a manner."

Time: 10:23

"Don't worry! I'll get you out of there!"
    What followed was a veritable struggle of sweat and embarrassment. While Xander wasn't exactly the type to pump iron in a daily basis, to the point of making it some sort ritual even magi would have found weird, he wasn't exactly scrawny either. Still, the upper body connected to the two legs and a butt sticking out of the snowbank was stuck quite fast. It took lots of pulling and huffing and puffing to finally get the girl trapped in there free once more.

When she finally did plop out (there actually was an audible 'plop!') the grey-haired boy rolled his eyes, muttering something about strangers doing unwanted things. On the contrary to his surly attitude, the girl who was now sitting in the middle of the snowy road, was crying rather icy tears of joy. Well, bawling was more like it. In any event, it was a very happy and relieved sound.

The girl whom Xander had saved from her snowy predicament turned out to be a rather diminutive one, with blonde hair on pig-tails, some freckles, and face like that of some small critter. All in all, she was a very different sight from her subdued, annoyed-looking 'partner' who was now doing his best to ignore the girl and the sound she was making.

And speaking of awkward...

"My hero!" the girl suddenly cried out, glomping Xander into a tight hug. "You saved meee-he-he-he-he-he!"

Perhaps it was due to her uncontrollable sobbing, or perhaps she just didn't realize it, but the girl was doing quite well in pushing all air out of Xander's lungs with her iron-grip hug.

Time: 08:39

“Do you understand the meaning of these brands? They’re the reason I’ve come to Tengetsu, as well as why I’m here to meet you.”
    As Kirame brandished the red markings once more, he caused three different reactions to happen in the denizens of the pub. The old man who had led him to this place raised his eyebrows a little, but at the same time, a small smile appeared on his face. Whether it was a happy or a dangerous smile, one could not very well tell. Meanwhile, the one whom Kirame had been speaking with, Gyoku Saishuki, did raise her eyebrows... but not seemingly out of understanding. If anything, she seemed just surprised to see something like that. There was no recognition in them.

However, while the soldier-like young woman failed to recognize the meaning of those brandings... the older girl wearing oddly ceremonial clothing, and standing behind the counter, smiled knowingly.

"Oh, my," the blue-haired woman said with a sultry smile. "Looks like a Master has come to present himself to us. This truly is an honor, Saishuki-chan. We're being approached by someone who owns a Servant."

Gyoku Saishuki looked somewhat surprised.

"Servant? You mean, about that western magical ritual you told me about?" she asked, sound oddly hesitant. The other girl nodded.

"The very same. Now, I wonder..." the blue-haired woman looked at Kirame, and licked her lips. "For what reason does a man of such stature come to introduce himself to us? Just courtesy? Or... something else, perhaps?"

Phase: Day 2/3
    Time: 12:02

Emptiness was a good word to describe what the bearded Servant eventually found.

The house the Caster eventually arrived to was ways from other parts of civilization at that particular district. It seemed that whoever had been the original designer, Doctor Ochemond or someone else, really valued their independence and solitary moments. The old white house had been capped by snow, becoming something like an old grave silently watching and waiting for the spring to arrive. Judging by the grey windows, startlingly similar dead eyes of a corpse, there was nobody in at the moment. The colors were dulled and silent inside the house, telling the tale of an owner who was rarely home.

Not only was the house a clear indication of abandonment, but the car parked outside the house told a similar story. Wrapped in snow and frozen to the last nut and bolt hidden within its frame, the vehicle had not seen much action in the last year or two. Perhaps the owner once or twice took it out for a drive when the summer came, but during winter, it was nothing more than an useless lawn ornament waiting for someone to sweep it away to a better place.

In other words, while Caster may have found the house of Dr. Ochemond, it was starting to dawn upon him that good doctor himself was, literally, not in.

Time: 7:07

"Yozora Nara is glad to have made your acquaintance today. I'm sure neither of us will have any trouble on our, ah, endeavors together."
    "Likewise!" Kairi said and grinned at Saber. "You seem like a swell gal, Yozora, so I won't mind hanging out with you! Anyways, like I said, I'll be off from school around 3pm, so if you want, we can start the tour afterwards. I don't have anything special planned, and neither am I in any clubs. So swing on by with this Ojou-chan of yours, and we can get right down to cracking the mysteries of this eerie island. Man, now that I put it in words, I'm getting somewhat excited myself! It's the first time someone else is actually interested in this stuff with me..."

Kairi chuckled and rubbed her nose with her index finger, looking like a particularly energetic adolescent boy, rather than a young lady of her age. Whereas back when Saber was alive women were expected to act the certain way, Kairi here was a living example of someone who defied the social norms, even during these modern times. A tomboy to put other tomboys to shame, in a way.

"Haha, pretty weird, huh?" Kairi chuckled.

Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 09:24
    Day - January 13th

"...This is incredible! It's... what is this made of?"
    Jussaku Kenbou laughed.

"Let me assure you, Bernhart-san, they are made of all-natural fibers. Indeed, I do not think you could get any more natural than this," Kenbou explained, clearly smiling widely under his mask for the attention his tails got. "After all, they are 'real'. Real as is the tail of a cat or a dog, or in this case, a fox. Humans may have found ways to copy our aspects, but, ah, let's just say that... nothing beats the original, no?"

"Oh, Muire! Did... did you know about this? You should try! I mean, if that's fine with Kenbou, of course!"
    While Jussaku Kenbou was all laughter and smiles, Muire couldn't have been more of a polar opposite. Her glare was almost to the point of freezing when he stared at the scene unfolding between the fox-tailed man and the nun.

"No. I'm quite fine," he said with an ice-cold voice. "Believe me. I have better things to do."

"...Oh, Muire. That's right, we were going somewhere. I'm sorry, I got a little carried away."
    Kenbou snickered at the sight of the Executioner.

"Oh, don't worry, Bernhart-san. Gullivan-san here is a patient man, if anything. If you want to enjoy the sensation a bit more, I'm sure he understands," Kenbou said slyly, before glancing at Anna. "And in any event, it's not as if you can leave if you keep holding on to my proud tail, now can you?"

Later That Day... (11:32)

Unaware of the black shadow hiding in the darkest corners of the ship's interior, the two guards who had, by chance, met up on the staircase, both started talking. At first they changed pleasantries, all the while fishing out their cigarettes and lighters. It seemed that smoking was a rare chance for the people on-duty, and thus, they were clearly a bit nervous. Nevertheless, they continued to talk with low voices as they smoked.

"Alors, avez-vous entendu?" the first guard, the one with a rather large mustache, asked. "Apparemment, il a été un autre assassiner. Cette fois, il était une fille locale. Haché en morceaux, disent-ils. Il suffit de dégoûtant. Si il n'y avait pas Chelsea's-"

"Tais-toi!" the other guard swatted the mustachioed one. "Voulez-vous nous causer des ennuis? Soyez calme devant l'évêque vous entend. Vous savez comment en colère, il a été récemment."

"Sans blague! Il est comme un ours en cage. Si le Atlasia l'insulte à nouveau, il y aura un enfer à payer," the mustache-guard answered, rubbing his head. "Toute l'affaire avec Le Saint Graal Guerre lui a obtenu paranoïaque, je vous le dis."

Before the two guards could continue, another person joined in on the scene. An officer, looking to outrank the two by quite much, walked down the stars and huffed when he saw the two smoking. He then walked over to them, cocking an eyebrow.

"Ehi! Taglialo fuori! Se il Vescovo si vede, saremo nei guai!" the officer half-shouted.

"N-nous sommes désolés..." the guards murmured.

"Non dobbiamo permettere che accada di nuovo," the officer said and huffed. "Il Vescovo potrebbe essere ancora alla ricerca che chiesa alla fine del sud del Distretto degli Esteri, ma questo non significa che possiamo essere lassista qui."

The two guards nodded in unison.

Time: 06:49

"Not so fast, ya dingus!"

Before Homura could escape all the way out of the door and into the snowy freedom that awaited outside, Tetora had already moved in with quite a speed and lifted him by the neck. Now, with his legs swinging wildly but meeting no floor, his charge had been cut short. Heaving a heavy sigh, Tetora tilted his head and glared at the boy.

"Did ya hit yer head or somethin'? Forgot just 'bout everythin'? What's with ya teenagers these days..." the woman said in chagrin. "If a lass is visitin' ya first thing in the mornin', the least ya can do is walk her to school, ya punk! It's called bein' a gentleman."

In the background, the head-maid of the Fujimura household nodded sternly.

"Don't be scum," Zenko added stoically.

"Not to mention you're leavin' behind all yer textbooks and stuff," Tetora said, putting Homura back on the ground. "Now act yer age. Or I'll let Saver-chan here borrow my sword."

The last words were accompanied by a sly wink that Tetora gave to the Servant.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; July 2nd, 2015 at 01:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 7:20

…Ah, I can’t sleep.

If anything, Caster’s method of recovery is exceedingly thorough. My brain tells me I should be deadbeat tired, but physically, I’m not in the slightest.

What a pain. Even on accident, he manages to annoy me anyway.

No, Mirai, keep a good head on your shoulders. I slap myself on the cheeks and try to force down these awful feelings, smothering them with will and… Ah, who cares, I’m just smothering them.

Or, maybe I should let myself simmer? That’s supposed to feel better, right? But being angry at Caster feels sort of wrong if he isn’t here, like if I was talking behind his back.

I sigh, and in the few minutes that he has left I’ve accomplished basically nothing.

Ah, whatever, I’m going to take inventory in the RV and…

Oh, maybe I can do that. Would be nice if I had a reliable place to stock up on supplies. And maybe a job.

I mean, if I live, I need to pay for classes and stuff, right? University isn’t cheap.

Time: 12:26

There are moments when I’m glad that my family is composed of medics from all sorts of places. Namely, pulling familial strings for medicinary tools I can use to help others. But, really, the reason why I’m hear doesn’t have much to do with any material gains.

Simply put, I haven’t talked to the person who allegedly is the head of this hospital for ages, and I need to alert her to the presence of a Holy Grail War, if Sensei didn’t do so already. To make sure she can… adequately treat those who may get injured in the crossfire.

That’s the most important thing I can do as a doctor who has forsaken their oath, I guess.

Then again, I don’t have a degree, so I haven’t really forsaken anything. It’s how I feel in spirit.

I manage to get the RV to fit in a parking spot and make my way to the reception area, hoping nobody is on lunch break. I did come around that time, huh? Maybe I should’ve eaten later.

With a tired sigh, I go up to the person at the desk.

“Is Setsuko Tsukuda here? I’m a family member, and we have business I thought we should discuss…”

Anna Bernhart
    Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 09:24
    Day - January 13th

Anna laughed nervously under Muire's icy glare, and her joy cooled down considerably. She briefly let go of the tail, only to pick it up again for a bit to pat the slightly ruffled fabric back into neat order. When the fluffy tail looked relatively untouched, she stepped away from the masked man.

"I'm sorry for holding you up like this, Muire. That was quite rude of me," The girl apologized with a cheeky smile, hands crossed behind her back. She may have asked Kenbou for permission, but she hadn't done that with Muire. "Let's go to the mess hall, Muire. I hope my blunder wasn't too much, and that there's still something left for us to eat."

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Artificer
    Time: 07:17

"Hm."

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Chi
    "I'm sorry. You must think less of me for dodging the question in such a manner."
    This was troublesome. Not because he hadn't been told anything, but mostly because somehow his words had made somebody sad again. Tch. This was the reason he preferred to stay inside in the first place. Every time Artificer opened his mouth, he ended up making things worse.

Well, that wouldn't stop him from trying.

"Lady, do not trouble yourself with such things," he said, straight to the point as usual. "This is your castle, and I'm just a stranger visiting from another kingdom. You owe me nothing, certainly not answers to sensitive questions. Even the hospitality you've provided is more than I deserve. Rather than thinking less of you, I'm grateful for your generosity in humoring my insensitive self this far."

Really, people got so flustered over not being able to satisfy others. It was so absolutely strange.

"Besides," Artificer said as he accepted the tea and cheesecake. "I already have some idea of an answer."

And then, deciding that it would be useless to trouble the nice lady further, he opted to switch the topic.

"Take a look, Chi." With a flourish, he brandished the fork he'd forged earlier that day. In place of using the one provided, this was the utensil he chose with which to devour the oh so delicious cheesecake. "As penance for needling you with unnecessary inquiries earlier, allow me to reveal one of my meager talents. Earlier I told you I was an artist by trade, but neglected to mention my canvas."

As if to show it off, he twirled the fork in the air. "Metal is a wonderful element. It can be forged and beaten into an infinite number of shapes, eating utensils least among them. Though... you won't be seeing much soul in a simple fork, even if it does pay the bills. If I were back home I could show you much more, but that would have defeated the purpose of coming here to start from scratch, no? Though Tengetsu may not be the blank slate I expected, it may yet be even better."

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Time: 10:23

She’s stuck fast! Ugh, how could snow be so clingy; it’s like quicksand or reinforced mud! I really should’ve used that exercise set Mr. Hendricks had if I’d known I was going to do something like this!

Wait, I think it’s giving a bit... PLOP!

Huh, I didn’t know that people could actually make that noise. My arms hurt, but at least-

"My hero! You saved meee-he-he-he-he-he!"
    Wait wait wait wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Is she hugging me? She’s hugging me, right? This is a hug, isn’t it!? Why would she be hugging me? Wait, it’s because I pulled her out of the snow, right? Then why is she warm? Normally people are cold when they’re in the snow, right? Wait, she’s a girl! I’m being hugged by a girl! How did this happen again!? I um, uh... uhhh... I need to say something, right? Something cool, right!? It was no problem at all, with a benevolent charming grin on my face! Y-Yeah, something like that! Wait, why am I so flustered right now? It’s because you’re being hugged, right? Right? That wouldn’t be everything, right? I mean, Mr. Hendricks’ sister hugged you that one time, and it was just nice, right? It wasn’t embarrassing, right!? I dunno, I just don’t have a lot of experience with this sort of thing, okay!? People don’t thank me often, alright!? It’s not my fault I’m all blushy and gaspy while she’s hugging me! Wait, is this really a hug anymore? It’s more like a vise or something, isn’t it? You said you were gaspy, right? Well yeah, but... but... Can’t breathe! Lungs... squishing... ! Gotta move arms... still tired from pulling...

“Happy... you’re okay... can’t... breathe...”

I’m sorry, Archer... go on... without me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maker
    Location - Yamaichi Shrine
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 11:39
    Day - January 13th

"You've already shown politeness and etiquette, Little August One. Thus, I'll show some respect to your stature as well. You need not refer to me as your superior. 'Ruler' is just fine."
    An open smile blossomed on Maker’s face.

“I see. It is a pleasure, Ruler.”

Ruler. The special class that was summoned to safeguard the concept and authority of the Grail. Granted special privileges and insight by the Grail, they were the only class that could not claim the Grail for themselves. In fact, the lack of a desire for such a thing was the very requirement to be summoned in the Ruler class. An impartial judge only concerned with safeguarding the Mocking Grail’s will. A slight pang of amusement ran through Maker at the thought.

Well, impartiality may be a bit too much to ask in this case. But a judge nonetheless.

The man in front of him could at the very least be trusted to safeguard the Grail War itself. Whether that was a boon or a curse remained to be seen. At the very least, that would at the explain how the Supervisor was able to command a Servant and still maintain her veneer of neutrality. Though… perhaps “command” would be the wrong word here? If the Servant in front of her was truly Ruler, then he would have no need for an anchor, nor a Master, for such things would be provided by the Grail itself. A cooperative agreement of some sorts? It would make sense, if both parties had an active interest in safeguarding the Grail but…

“A question, if I may? My understanding of the matter may be slightly incomplete, but I was under the assumption that a member of the Ruler class was only to be summoned when the Grail feels that it’s “Authority” is being encroached upon by others.”

“If so… may I ask what is threatening the system to such a significant degree that a “guardian”, such as yourself is needed? The presence of a member of the Ruler class is somewhat of a rarity, even for something like a Grail War, is it not?”
    Last edited by Mellon; July 3rd, 2015 at 06:09 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Servant Saber
    Time: 7:08

So swing on by with this Ojou-chan of yours, and we can get right down to cracking the mysteries of this eerie island.

Well, that might be a problem. My Ojou-chan was clearly not the type to show herself among the peasants, after all.

"Aaah, I'm not sure if she'll be up for it. She has her own business to take care of on Tengetsu, and she always leaves the grunt work to me. I can try to convince her, but don't be surprised when I'm the only one who shows up." I shrugged noncommittally, not sounding confident in my master at all. "Well, too bad for her. The 'grunt work' is always the best part."

Haha, pretty weird, huh?

"You are a pretty weird person, yes. It's not surprising it took you a while to meet a kindred spirit." Yes, it was technically at my expense as well, but I still couldn't resist. Kairi had left herself so open! "Really, though, I'll be looking forward to this, but right now I have things to do. If that's all for now, I'll be seeing you later."

With nothing else to really talk about, I motioned to leave and continue my long-delayed wandering through the business district. Most of the shops would have finally opened, so I could pick up a couple of outfits and probably a winter coat. Nothing expensive, though. Tae was unlikely to give me money to buy some random teenager clothes, so I had to make sure I had plenty to spare when the time came.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Time: 08:41

Pink crept onto the warrior’s face. Met with the alluring smile of the blue-haired woman dressed in ceremonial garb, the Ryougi began to crack. Even though he only regarded her words and figure for an instant, that tiny fraction of a second proved itself fatal. He tried to turn his steel eyes to the woman, but his head went empty as he looked at her. Without a doubt, this woman was his Achilles Heel incarnate. No option but retreat existed within her presence.

Retreat, or advance in a different direction.

“I d.. don’t o-own.” Though his words were meant for the soldier-like woman, even responding to the blue-haired vixen’s explanation of Kirame’s status took its toll. Cut off by a stutter, the man coughed into the top of his fist as if to clear his throat.

The Ryougi shut his eyes during his brief pause in his speech, trying to turn his mind toward something other than attractive women. Something that could hold his attention more firmly than this temptress that could surely slay him with a smile and the flutter of her eyelashes.

In his head, Kirame pictured the finished product that his Servant had toiled away on all night.

The pink plastered over his cheeks faded ever so slightly as the man wholly devoted his mind to thoughts of swords. With his mind calm, or at least calmer, Kirame picked up where he had left off. Or more appropriately, where he had started.

“Our contract isn’t one like that of an owner and a tool. My Servant and I are partners working for a common goal.” Correcting the woman’s explanation which labeled Kirame as the ‘owner’ of a Servant, the man opened his eyes again.

Rolling his sleeve back down to conceal the proof of his place in the ritual, Kirame continued.

“My name is Ryougi Kirame, Master of Servant Artificer.” And without hesitation introduced himself, announcing the class of his Servant in the process, information that any enemy of his would jovially accept. “There is no great honor in receiving a visit from me. These marks are only proof that I’m a man who has a desire strong enough to kill for.”

The blush on his cheeks grew more and more subtle as he spoke. Truly there was no greater image to harden mental conviction than finely crafted steel.

“The meaning of my visit is simple; it’s convenient for you to know what kind of men are going to wage war in your city, and it’s convenient for me that the islanders who would concern theirselves with this ritual know of my presence as well.” Speaking bluntly the Ryougi curtly delivered the meaning of his visit. Normally he wouldn’t even bother with formality such as this, but if he didn’t do at least this much he would never hear the end of the squirt’s nagging. “That’s all there is to it.”

Astrid Hildebrandt

"That being said, you're not that far off. From what I could tell with a glance, a sharp, one-bladed weapon had been used to murder the girl in question and sever her limbs."
    Astrid nodded at Meiji's statement, the grisly scene of murder reconstructed in her mind with each piece of information she received. As it was, just the knowledge gleaned from a newspaper article and the dapper commissioner's observation painted not as much a vague picture as a general framework, but there was still one thing to note, even at that stage.

"Natural human capability for extreme violence notwithstanding, the timing is curious, and the method doubly so. Even considering that there still exist on this island the sort of people that consider swords an integral part of their casual attire, and the possibility that among them some possess the physical ability to sever limbs clean off a body, killing and dismembering someone with a blade in this time and age is peculiar, not to say impractical. And on the first night of the ritual, too..." Stealing a furtive glance at the prim and straight-backed form of Trickster, Astrid's voice fell into a mumble. "Can it be that the victim was a Master, picked off by a Servant before the War had even moved into full swing?"

Realising belatedly that she had lapsed into soliloquy, she waved a palm in front of her as if to dispel her previous words from the air.

"Well, it doesn't do much good to theorise on uncertain grounds. I'm sure Ms. Farfield's findings will provide some answers, though if it would be possible, I...we should have a look at the body in case there is any evidence that is beyond her perception. Not to jump into conclusions, but the precedent laid in other Grail Wars regarding civilian deaths cannot be ignored. Traces of magical energy that might have been there must have long dissipated, but there still might be something usable left."

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Time: 10:12

I knew that people thought that Sourokurou was pretty pretty ten years ago. But it took me until today to realize how beautiful she was. The image in front of me was picturesque. The steam slowly rising to the ceiling as the snow outside the room intersected it. The humble nature of the room amplified the size of Sourokurou and her beauty while also giving her an austere feel. This image reminded me that one day I wanted to be just like Sourokurou and my other teachers. Pretty, skilled, helpful. If I could be like them, I believe I can live a happy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourokurou
    "Ah, of course. I believe there was some sort of promise to that effect we made, wasn't there? You must forgive me, these two days have been rather... taxing, in a way. I have had to ensure that none of you were caught by the local populace as you... summoned your companions for this war."
    I was wondering why no one showed up at the shrine last night despite the noise that Invoker and I caused. Better yet, I'm used to the occasional person who would go to a shrine at night to pray. I don't know why they wouldn't come during the day, but I do like their diligence in praying.

"Thank you for the hard work Sourokurou-san. Hopefully, you can relax right now."

However, I'm curious about why she smiled more when she saw Invoker. Part of me was concerned about her reacting the same way that Onii-san and Izumi-chan did. Thank goodness. Looks like she approve of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourokurou
    "In any event, I can say that I have been doing just fine, Miyamoto-san. There are little surprises in the life of a shrine maiden, after all. A Holy Grail War non-withstanding."
    "I guess that's true. We, shrine maidens, don't really have too many mysterious things. After all we aren't Demon Hunters. So when did you show up here Izumi-chan?"

I'm pretty curious on when Izumi-chan got here. I know it was sometime within the last ten years, but beyond that I know nothing about her.

"Oh right Sourokurou-san. Where did Sen-chan go? Did she go for training somewhere else?"

It would be nice if I could see her again! Maybe I can meet up with those guys too and talk about old times!

Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 11:32
    Day - January 13th

The shadow hiding above feels a wave of nostalgia wash over him as the two guards leave the hallway, muttering about wasted cigarettes. The sounds of Romantic languages reminded Assassin of his own time of turmoil and war. A time where Crusaders and Muslims fought over holy land with the clan of Assassin in the background of the war. War, Assassin recanted with a chuckle, never changed. The only things to change are the actors and the stage where the great play is performed Assassin muses as he swings nimbly through the hallways of the Church-sanctioned ship. Assassin searched and swept through the rest of the ship for the rest of the hour, memorizing the layout of the corridors and rooms while committing to mind the personnel on-board and their likenesses. However, no matter how diligently he was at searching, Assassin found no trace of an armory or arsenal located on the ship itself. Most of the crew, it seemed, were normal sailors and engineers managing the ship; a civilian crew hired to sail for the Catholic Church's entourage of holy men.

It was noon as Assassin returned to the outside of the Arch-Bishop's cabin. This cabin was the only room he had not searched due to the potential of being detected by the wards guarding the threshold. Perhaps it was time to return to his Master?

Assassin rubs his chin, pondering his next action, when he picks up on advancing footsteps and conversation. Swiftly hiding himself, Assassin expands his senses as he eavesdrop on the new arrivals.

Spoiler:

Aisaka Sayo

Aisaka tapped the bridge of her nose as if in deep thought. Without looking at the body, no doubt, nothing would be properly solved. She of course, had not seen a body before - especially none so grisly - but she had an odd thought that she would be fine even so.

“I believe my senior is on the right track. The quicker we learn about the facts we can glean from the ‘evidence’ left for us, the better. Shall we get moving?”

Aisaka was already besides the door, opening it for the two senior detectives.

“If you don’t mind me being...proactive, as to speak.”

She stated with a grim face.

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster
    Time: 1:00 PM

It seemed certain things in Caster's life would not change, no matter what the era. For some reason, it seemed like no matter what the time period, he would always be refused entry for some reason or another. The flow of mana that passed tranquilly through the old monk's frame confirmed it. Caster could feel, just as easily as he could feel the cold earth beneath his soft shoes, the emptiness of the abode he stood before. It was frustrating, but he did not have the luxury of waiting 9 years.

...However, he could spare a little while. Unless his master needed him, there was no reason he could pursue his usual daily rituals. After a moment Caster strode out to the lawn and glanced around. Not just Dr. Ochemond, the entire area seemed almost barren, though he could sense scattered signs of life here and there. Well, there was one thing he could do to profitably spend the time, if nothing else. First however, neither his aging body or his dignity was prepared to sit on the cold snow while he worked, but that was easily rectified. Caster removed from his robes a small kettle and a few simple leaves contained in a thin cloth bag. After scooping some snow into the kettle...

...Well, his class name was well earned. For a brief moment Caster's body seemed to emanate all the fire and warmth of a sweltering forge. Not just the area around him, but the entire lawn immediately converted from snow covered, to slush, to simple water in the space of a few moments. In the space of a few breaths, Caster had turned the square on which he stood to a beaming hidden spot of warmth hidden within the cold winter day. Even when the heat pouring off his body subsided, the kettle in his hand was happily boiling, and the ground around him literally steamed with warm, rapidly evaporating water.

Much better, The old holy man thought sardonically. Once before The Monk at the Wall had proven the depths of his will power when he was turned away...but at least then he had a cave. At any rate, now he could work with relative comfort. Again from beneath this robes, Caster produced a blank scroll. At Caster's will, a sutra quickly etched itself across the surface onto the parchment, and then said parchment quickly vanished into the sky. Unlike the leyline he had previously taken control of, which was a ready source of flowing natural magic, there was no such convenient font here. In fact, the island of Tengetsu, as far as Caster could tell, was singularly unsuited for large scale magecraft. There was very little available, natural prana.

How and why this place had ever been chosen as the location for a grail war, even Caster did not know. Even the leyline was a weak and thready thing. However, there was a difference between little of something and none of it. It was within Caster's abilities to establish a pseudo leyline. If Tengetsu did not have high quality prana supplies, Caster could and would substitute quantity for quality. Given time, nearly all of the prana in the entire city could be diverted into the Servant of magic.

Caster hadn't intended to begin this labor so quickly, but it seemed he had opportunity. Even as before, when he felt the real leyline's power coming under control, now he felt the false leyline begin to make its presence known throughout the area.

With that goal accomplished, Caster sat down and sipped at the tea which had steeped while he had endeavored at his magical labor. It was time Caster did something he had intended to do for a while now. Settling himself down on the soft, still warm and comfortable dirt which had lie beneath the snow, Caster turned his mind's eye inward. previously, when he had meditated, he had used the time to craft a martial arts which would be the best possible for Mirai. This was an entirely worthwhile task, but it had left him little time to accomplish another goal.

Caster wished to inspect his own Servant container.

Unlike many Servants, Caster did not just qualify for a single class. In fact, his number was not 2, or even 3.

Actually Caster qualified for 6 grail containers. Specifically, everything save only that of Rider. Depending on the situation, he could even become an assassin. It was ironic, but as a Caster, these meditations were the least useful for him then they would ever otherwise be. In other classes he would require meditations on a regular basis just to remain centered. However, as a Caster, this was not the case. He had no need to reconnect with the world, the flow of information moved naturally through him as easily as breathing, even as it had in life.

If, for example, he had been summoned as a Lancer instead, his physical stats would improve dramatically, but without regular meditations, all of his skills would degrade greatly, leaving him unable to fully manifest his transcendent combat potential.

So, if Caster did not need to meditate, why was he spending his valuable time waiting and doing so? It was simple. And it was for this reason Caster himself had chosen the class of Caster as his container. As the Servant of power, Caster's knowledge of magecraft reigned supreme. It was within his purview to examine the basis of the system of Servants in a way few if any other Servants could.

So as Caster waited, he slowly, carefully, methodically began to unravel the mechanism behind which a Legendary Soul like himself had been allowed to walk the earth once more, and in so doing, he sought, as he always had, the truth of this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time: 12:28

“Is Setsuko Tsukuda here? I’m a family member, and we have business I thought we should discuss…”
    Tengetsu Central Hospital had seen busier days. As Mirai stepped in, she saw nothing but few nurses milling around the entrance lobby, as well as a single patient in a wheelchair being escorted to another room. A dull lull, grey cloud of some sort, seemed to hang around the building. It wasn't just that there was nothing to do. Everyone she saw seemed to be somehow numb. Like something shocking had happened not too long ago, and by the time Mirai had come around, only the aftereffects of the shock remained.

It wasn't the most welcoming atmosphere to be sure, but still, Mirai strode over to the reception desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai
    The young nurse at the desk seemed a bit surprised by someone suddenly raising their voice to talk to her. She blinked twice, clearly trying to rewind the tape in her head to understand what she had been asked. Eventually she did get her act together, however. The young nurse looked a bit awkward, glancing to the corridor that must've led to the administrative part of the building.

"Umm, Chief of Medicine has been a bit busy today," she said with a hushed tone. "While I'm sure she'd like to see you, perhaps it would be for the best if you would save this visit for tomorrow or-"

"That's alright, Nurse Kushina."

A quiet, somber voice called out to the nurse from the shadows. Emerging from one of the hallways, a young, rather frail-looking woman walked up to the reception desk. She was dressed in extremely traditional kimono. That, combined with her long black hair and demure appearance, she was like a blast from fifty years ago. Thanks to the odd combination of style and years gone by, it took Mirai a moment to recognize the slightly older girl. However, she soon connected the dots. Who stood before he was none other than the relative she had been looking for: Tsukuda Setsuko.

"Mirai-san?" Setsuko asked, sounding a bit unsure. Then, when the name caught the attention of Mirai, her face melted into a reserved smile. "Why... it is you. It's been quite some time, hasn't it?"

Showing a bit more assertiveness than her initial appearance let on, Setsuko proceeded to greet Mirai with a hug. It did not last long though, as the current Chief of Medicine was quick to release it, almost like she was afraid she was overstepping her boundaries. That did not mean there had been any less warmth in that gesture, though. To the contrary, it signaled that Setsuko clearly was happy to see her relative.

"What brings you to Tengetsu?" Setsuko asked, clasping her hands together. "If you had informed me you were coming, I'd have arranged you a place to stay. It is unbecoming of a young lady such as yourself to have to sleep in a hotel..."

Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 09:26
    Day - January 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    "I'm sorry for holding you up like this, Muire. That was quite rude of me."
    "No, it's quite fine," Muire said and heaved a sigh. "However, while we sit here chatting and petting tails, I'm afraid our breakfast ingredients are getting a frostbite..."

Hearing that, Kenbou chuckled.

"In that case, it is best that I leave you two be," the fox-masked man said. "After all, I have many things to attend to before this day ends. Least of all not being what we talked previously. Let us simply say that I have a sneaking feeling my Mistress will be running me ragged by the time this day ends..."

"How unfortunate," Muire said, not sounding sincere in the least. "But such is the way of life."

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    "Let's go to the mess hall, Muire. I hope my blunder wasn't too much, and that there's still something left for us to eat."
    "Worry not, there'll be food enough for everyone. At least that's what I hope for. That is, if Chelsea hasn't managed to eat every last bit. It wouldn't be the first time, to be honest," Muire said. "Now, if you'll just follow me..."

After saying their goodbyes to Kenbou, Muire and Anna moved to the interior part of the ship. Though the outwards appearance and the name would have suggested so, the interior design of the vessel was nowhere near as religious or spartan as one could have expected. Instead, it seemed downright normal, and even a little bit cozy. Many smaller corridors ran zigzagging here and there, intersecting each other and giving a way for stairs here and there. A bit of chaos like that was a welcome change to the stricter atmosphere that hung around the deck of the ship.

"As they say," Muire chuckled as he watched Anna look around. "'God Bless this Mess'."

And as it turned out, it wasn't just an off-hand comment by Muire either. A placard with those exact words had been hung above the door that led to the actual mess hall of the ship. As it turned out, the place where every single person of the ship ate had been made with care. The tables were wooden, though bolted to their places. There was a whole-floor carpet, taking out some of the unpleasant echo. There was even a television, old as it was, hung in one of the corners.

As Muire and Anna descended the stairs to the eating area proper, they were greeted by a bushel of pink and a wildly flailing hand.

"Ooh, Anna! You came again!" Chelsea Mackeroch chirped, grinning from ear to ear. "Did you come to have a breakfast with us?"

Later That Day... (11:35)

While Assassin had arrived to the office cabin that led directly, through one tightly-shut door, to the Bishop's cabin, he had learned multiple things. First of all, the Bishop's cabin downright smelled like a death-trap. The amount of holy energy, signifying a blessed space deadly to any spiritual and undead apparitions, was like a radiation leak in a nuclear furnace. At the level it was on, it could be harmful even to a Servant, even more so to one with a twisted nature like Assassin himself. He didn't even need to know what sort of wards had been placed around the place to leave it alone. Trying to sneak there, whether you were a mortal or a Heroic Spirit, was just asking for trouble.

The other thing he learned was a more fortunate one. The office cabin before that of the Bishop's turned out to have something very important on its wall. Namely, the guard-duty roster of the ship, with names of all the personnel currently on duty. That, if anything, was important for Assassin's current mission, and more so, easy to steal as a candy from a baby.

--------- But. Before the masked Servant could do that, he heard the distinct sound of footfalls.

Having hidden himself, Assassin bore witness to a strange sight. Walking from the corridor with sure steps appeared a woman. Clad in armor and a hooded cloak with a fur-trim, she more resembled a medieval knight than anything else. If not for the absolutely gigantic weapons case she was carrying on her back, one could have mistaken her for an apparition of older times. Her ice-colored hair was cut short like that of a warrior, and her golden eyes peered into the darkness of the office cabin like a hawk.

Perhaps too intently, even. For a moment, it looked almost like she was scanning the room for a presence she had noticed.

Had Assassin's cover been blown? That should not have been possible. In the end, this was just another mortal. There should not have been any way for her to notice him, a Heroic Spirit. As twisted in nature as he was, he was still far more skilled than any normal crew member should have been. Hiding from them should have been easy. Even in broad daylight, he should have been able to fool even the best of them.

... But then why was it that Assassin's instincts warned him to not attack this woman?

"Don't do it. You'll regret it,"
    that tiny, familiar voice in his mind told him. "Something is wrong with this woman. This isn't normal. Investigate. Be sure. Then make your move."

Brute force was for Classes such as Saber or Berserker. For Assassin, heading head-first into a battle was just foolish.

"Heh."

Letting out a sudden sound of cold amusement, the woman opened the door leading to Bishop's cabin. A cruel, cold smile played on her lips as she stepped through it, and closed the door behind her. The metallic sound informed that she had proceeded to lock it for good, preventing any entrance. But, even if the woman was now out of his reach, this just raised further questions.

Just who was this woman, who entered Bishop's cabin without permission, and had such an air of danger around her?

Time: 07:19

"Metal is a wonderful element. It can be forged and beaten into an infinite number of shapes, eating utensils least among them. Though... you won't be seeing much soul in a simple fork, even if it does pay the bills. If I were back home I could show you much more, but that would have defeated the purpose of coming here to start from scratch, no? Though Tengetsu may not be the blank slate I expected, it may yet be even better."
    Hearing those words, Lady Chìhóng raised her eyebrows with interest. As she cut a slice of the cheesecake for herself, she began talking once more.

"Oh? A metal smith, then? That is a rare trade in these modern times," she said before smiling. "Not that it is not needed. Unfortunately, the techniques of hand are slowly fading away thanks to everything being automated these days. Would you believe it was quite the hassle to even get a hand-made cheesecake? I'm not lambasting factory workers who slave for a meager wage, no. Heavens know they do their best in the situation they are. But still, there is just something much more... soulful, in a cake that you know has been made by a person who knows their craft."

Bringing a piece of the cheesecake to her mouth with her fork,
    Lady Chìhóng ate it with great delight. And on top of it, she sipped some of her tea. For a moment, nothing but a pleasant bit of silence reigned in the room as she and Artificer focused on the treats they had been brought. And just like Lady Chìhóng had promised, the cake was to die for. While the recipe of the cake was from Western countries, and judging by the smell, the tea was from India, there was still something unrelentingly traditional in that moment they now shared. Perhaps not to Japan, but to Tengetsu. In a way, this small island was a mixing pot of various cultures as well.

"Forgive me for saying this, but..."
    Lady Chìhóng smiled slyly as she took another sip of her tea. "I would love to see your works sometimes. I've been known to dabble in collecting rare items every now and then, and to experience and witness a forging process with my own eyes... well, let's just say it's something I've yearned for, in a way. While my hands are not made for smithing, it does not mean I cannot appreciate it as a form of art."

Chuckling to herself,
    Chìhóng cut another piece off the cake on her plate. But, before putting it in her mouth, she flashed another smile. This time a bit more apologetic than happy.

"Not to mention it would be an honor to see a man as understanding as you craft something," she continued. "Not many are the people who'd be willing to let a topic rest in peace even if it interest themselves. You are not only blessed with good etiquette, but good heart as well, Mr. Artificer."

Time: 10:25

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    “Happy... you’re okay... can’t... breathe..."
    "Ah."

Realizing almost too late that the subject of her current adoration (and her self-proclaimed 'hero' at that) had almost run out of her, the blonde girl hurriedly let go of the boy, allowing him to slump back to the ground. While Xander struggled to regain his breath and stand again, the girl let out a quiet "Aaahahahaha~"; an awkward laugh accompanied by even more awkward scratching of the back of her head. Meanwhile, behind her, the grey-haired boy snorted at the sight and muttered something about 'pathetic country bumpkins' before turning his back to them. It was clear that he just wanted to get out of here as fast as he could, not that his partner had been saved.

"U-um! Um, ehm!" The girl started once Xander was able to stand again, thrust her hand in front of him for a shake... and almost karate-chopping the poor Master in the stomach in the process. "S-sorry about that! Um, my name is Misora. Misora Frankfer! Thanks for saving me again. I was, um... in a rather tight spot there, as you noticed. Not my finest moment, I know... ahahaha..."

Realizing she was once again making a fool of herself by her stuttering, the girl let out a quiet 'aww' sound, trying quickly to fix the situation. She found a way out in her partner, who had been doing his best to ignore them. Without missing a beat, Misora caught him by the shoulders, turned him around, and made him bow slightly to Xander.

"Oh, oh! This here's Gregor Nikolaus! He's super good at memory stuff, and even builds his own robots!" Misora excitedly explained, causing Gregor to groan. "We're kinda sorta working as a pair on this mission. You know, since we're under the orders of Atla-MMmmphh!"

Before she could blabber on too much, Gregor had unceremoniously stuck his hand in Misora's mouth, forcibly silencing her. Looking like he didn't enjoy this part one bit, Gregor held on as long as it took for Misora to calm down, and apparently realize what she was about to reveal. Once peace had been gained once more, Gregor released the girl, who let out another awkward laugh.

"U-uhm, sorry, Mr. Hero. I wasn't supposed to say that, and..." Misora started to say, but suddenly words died on her lips. For a moment, she stared wide-eyed at Xander, as if she wasn't sure what she was seeing. Then she deliberately squinted her eyes, and peered closer... straight to where Archer was standing in his spirit form.

"Umm... Mr. Hero?" Misora asked. "Are you being... haunted, right now?"

Time: 10:14

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoko
    "I guess that's true. We, shrine maidens, don't really have too many mysterious things. After all we aren't Demon Hunters. So when did you show up here, Izumi-chan?"
    The blind little shrine maiden who had been so silent, almost like she had faded away, during the exchange between Invoker and Ruler, now lifted her head. She 'looked' into the direction of Kiyoko's voice and tilted her head. Seconds passed as the white-haired girl thought of an answer. Eventually, she just settled for two vague words.

"Years ago," Izumi answered. Indeed, her interest seemed to have waned considerably when it came to social interactions. Instead, she kept an ear on to hear when Kiyoko would take out the bag filled with those sugary treats she had promised.

Sourokurou chuckled in her deep, husky tone.

"Yes. Now that I think about it, it's been a couple of years since Izumi did arrive here," she said, flashing a quiet smile towards the blind girl. For someone as foreboding-looking as Sourokurou, it was a bit of a surprising gesture. "The years go by so fast the older you get. I suppose that is true for myself as well. I am no longer a high school girl dreaming of basketball tournament victories, after all..."

Chuckling to herself, Sourokurou then turned her attention back to Kiyoko and Invoker. While the beauty of the picturesque image of the tall shrine maiden against the snow-capped backdrop had not faded, the atmosphere had grown more relaxed. It seemed that when not in half-hidden by the dark shadows of the main ritual chamber, even Mochizuki Sourokurou managed to look somewhat normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoko
    "Oh right Sourokurou-san. Where did Sen-chan go? Did she go for training somewhere else?"
    A momentary shadow passed over Sourokurou's eyes, and her mouth turned into a thin line.

"Unfortunately, Miyamoto-san... Sen-san is no longer with us," Sourokurou eventually stated, voice as emotionless as her face. "She passed away due to unfortunate circumstances four years ago. It was around the time of a blizzard. Not the Great Blizzard that now threatens the city again, no. This one was... a more unexpected one. None of us was prepared. Sen-san had been out collecting firewood for the temple when the blizzard struck. With the help of Ruler, we tried to locate her but... by that time, it was too late. The snowstorm was too strong for us to venture too deeply up the mountain."

Memories playing before her eyes, Sourokurou fell silent for a moment. It was a silence of someone keeping herself purposefully calm, fixing a mask upon her face so as to not let her true feelings shine through.

"Two days after that... 26th of November, we finally involved the local police forces," Sourokurou continued. "They were unable to find her body, but instead, found a ravine in the ice surrounding the south-eastern edge of Mt. Fuyutsuki. It was not there last winter, and thus, it was concluded that most likely, Sen-san did not know to go around that area. Blinded by the snow, trying to hurry back to the shrine... she fell to her death in the ravine."

Later That Day... (11:45)

Quote Originally Posted by Maker
    “A question, if I may? My understanding of the matter may be slightly incomplete, but I was under the assumption that a member of the Ruler class was only to be summoned when the Grail feels that it’s “Authority” is being encroached upon by others. If so… may I ask what is threatening the system to such a significant degree that a “guardian”, such as yourself is needed? The presence of a member of the Ruler class is somewhat of a rarity, even for something like a Grail War, is it not?”
    Ruler chuckled.

"A Holy Grail War such as this is always threatened, Little August One," he said, leaning now against one of the komainu statues that dotted the entrance yard to the shrine. "We are a borrowed concept, out in a land not meant for us... it is a good mentality to think that we have enemies around every corner. In such cases, the existence of a Ruler-class is not an exception, but a rule. More so than to be a vanguard for the Mocking Grail and keep an eye out for you, the competitors, I am a force which protects this island from outside interference. Well, one of the forces. That blizzard is supposed to arrive soon, is it not...?"

Glancing towards the city which lay somewhere far below the mountainside, Ruler seemed to be looking all the way to the sea. While the weather was still rather good, and there was no sign of the Great Blizzard that had been promised by the newspapers, there were some dark clouds gathering in the horizon. Soon enough, they would release their annual gift, enveloping the whole island of Tengetsu in a white veil that let nobody out, and nobody in.

"And perhaps it is good that I do exist," Ruler continued. "After all, there seems to be one ghost tagging into the system, at the very least. Who knows what the true form of that mouse is, however..."

Time: 08:43

Quote Originally Posted by Kirame
    “The meaning of my visit is simple; it’s convenient for you to know what kind of men are going to wage war in your city, and it’s convenient for me that the islanders who would concern theirselves with this ritual know of my presence as well. That’s all there is to it.”
    Gyoku Saishuki took in all this information with surprising seriousness and ease. Not once did she interrupt Kirame, but instead absorbed what he told her like a sponge. A very hard, steel-like sponge, arms crossed and eyes closed, only once or twice nodding stoically. Once he had finished, Saishuki turned her attention to the ceremonial garb-wearing woman, almost like she was asking for a confirmation. The latter nodded after some thinking, flashing another alluring smile to Kirame's direction.

"Not only a Master but one who respects both his Servant and the people living in the city where his war is waged... I'm beginning to like you more and more, Ryougi Kirame-san," the woman almost purred. "Oh, by the way. I'm Fukashigi Bandaifueki. But you... you can just call me Fuka-nee like everyone else does."

Giggling at the clear effect her presence was having at young man, Bandaifueki leaned across the counter and batted her eyelashes at him. And if the dry laughter from the old man was anything to go by, at least one other was amused by this game of cat-and-mouse the blue-haired woman had started. Saishuki, on the other hand, chose too ignore Bandaifueki completely, instead focusing her attention back to Kirame.

"I see. It was very courteous of you to meet us face to face like this," she said. "I know not many would trust us, thanks to the current situation in the city. That being said, I can sense an ancient bearing from the way you hold yourself. It may not be much, but I think I can trust that in some ways we see eye-to-eye, at the very least."

A small, spartan smile appeared on Saishuki's lips.

"Very well, Kirame-dono," she continued. "Your willingness to approach us face-to-face and openly is impressive enough. If you are currently having any problems regarding Tengetsu, just let us know. I think there may be some things we could do for someone in your position. Call it a gift of courtesy returned, if you want to. I'd shame myself I did not offer something in return for being honest with us."

Time: 07:40

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid
    "Can it be that the victim was a Master, picked off by a Servant before the War had even moved into full swing?"
    Meiji glanced casually around, most likely making sure that no one was listening in on their talk. He then continued with a more hushed tone, one reserved for late-night meetings where sensitive information was exchanged. There was a bit of a dark look in his eyes as he began to talk, most likely thanks to the memories rising to his mind once more.

"I find that unlikely," he spoke. "During the autopsy, I took the liberty of checking the body for any signs of Magic Circuits and possible markings of Masterhood. At least then, I found none. Even if this girl had been a Master, at the very least she was not a magus. Not to mention any proof of her being Master must've then been taken from her, if that was the case. But make no mistake, Ms. Hildebrandt. I do not consider this a coincidence. First Father Benedict, now this young girl, all in the span of time this Holy Grail War has been more or less active... something is going on here."

Heaving a tired sigh, Meiji leaned once again back in his chair, taking a drag off his stereotypical pipe. He let the air out of his lungs and into the air, creating a large cloud above his head. He then stared into it, deep, like searching for answers, as she continued to listen to Astrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid
    "Well, it doesn't do much good to theorise on uncertain grounds. I'm sure Ms. Farfield's findings will provide some answers, though if it would be possible, I... we should have a look at the body in case there is any evidence that is beyond her perception. Not to jump into conclusions, but the precedent laid in other Grail Wars regarding civilian deaths cannot be ignored. Traces of magical energy that might have been there must have long dissipated, but there still might be something usable left."
    "We will have to act now, in that case," Meiji said curtly. "They will most likely be unable to keep the body at the morgue for too long. Understandably, the family of Asuka Ayumi has been wishing for the return of the body. I... I do not know how good of an idea that is, though. Seeing what is left of her would be heartbreaking for any family-member. Even the few officers in the precinct who had been acquainted with her could not bear to look at the state of her corpse."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayo
    “I believe my senior is on the right track. The quicker we learn about the facts we can glean from the ‘evidence’ left for us, the better. Shall we get moving? If you don’t mind me being...proactive, as to speak.”
    "No, you're right." Meiji stood up from his chair and patted the hot ashes from his pipe into the ashtray. "The quicker we move, the better. Let us get this over with. Though... I cannot say I much desire to see the poor girl again."

The walk from the chief's office to the autopsy room was a quiet one. Meiji did greet few of the officers on the way, but as before, the atmosphere at the building was grim. Nobody could blame the officers on duty, however. In a small city like Tengetsu, on an island no less, news like murder were rare. More so brutal ones such as this. Unlike in mystery novels, odd, ritualistic murders tended to focus on big metropolises more. Now that they had gotten their share here in Tengetsu, many seemed to have had just about enough.

After a quick talk with Amber Fairfield (her slipping the keys to Meiji while giving a wink at Astrid), Meiji guided Sayo and Astrid to autopsy room number four. Immediately, they were set upon by the sight of a white bag on the metal desk in the middle of the room. Worst thing about the sight wasn't the fact that it was there, that much was given; but the fact that the body bag was so small. It must've been around half the size of what such a thing would usually be. That itself was a testimony to just how bizarre this murder had been, and how little was left of the poor victim.

"Here we are, then," Meiji said, trying to wave away the distinct smell of disinfectant and various other chemicals used in the room. "I assume you are both ready?"

Time: 13:02

While Caster had not found anyone inside the house of the famous doctor, he had still decided to stay there for a spell. Perhaps it was simply because he wished to take things calmly, at his own pace. For someone like the monk, it was not unheard of. There were not many in this world who could understand his thought process, if any. For the people of modern times, he was often as bizarre of a Heroic Spirit as they came. His thoughts unknown, his moods confusing, and his actions secretive. However, more often than not there was more to it than that. Some would call it an instinct, others insight, but the fact remained that Caster always saw more than those around him.

And even this time...

"!"

A sudden sound of little feet screeching to a halt caught Caster's attention. Behind him, about fifty meters or so, stood a small, hooded figure draped in white cloth. It was a bizarre sight in this snow-covered world. A ragged cloth, torn and tattered, covering the frame of the tiny person completely. Even the slight sound it had made was as soft as the snowflakes covering the city. But perhaps most interestingly, the person he now saw had no shoes to cover its feet. Instead, a pair of pale, bare feet dug into the snow, as if seeking warmth.

"..."

Then, just like that, the figure took off into the opposite direction. Had it been scared by Caster's appearance? Surely the monk's appearance was not common in this modern world. But was it truly enough of a reason to run away as fast as its tiny legs could? Was there more to it, too? Judging from its speed, the tiny figure did its best to put distance between itself and the Servant, puffs of white breath emerging from its mouth as it ran. It crossed the street in a hurry, and headed to the maze of alleys that dotted the areas between the larger buildings.

So, had it just been Caster's appearance?

... Or was it because of a human presence at the house of Dr. Ochemond?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura
    Time: 06:49

"Alright, I get it, no need for the sword!"

Finally she lets go as I say those words.

It's not like they were wrong but there really is no mercy when it comes to Aneja and Zenko...or maybe they're just harsh on me.

I hope my mornings go back to being a little bit more normal than this, though considering Saver and what she said doubt that's going to be happening any time soon. She said something like a 'war' was starting and I'm part of it but I can't say I understood it all completely...for someone who's had a simple life until now, you can't really expect me to believe it and yet I have no choice but to, the simple fact she's in front of me right now is evidence enough.

Why am I even thinking about this right now.

I turn to Saver and bow, I understand now.

"I'm sorry about that Saver, it was rude of me."

Because as much as I hate to admit it, what they said was true.

The fact of the matter is no matter what she may claim to be, she is still a girl.

"I'll get my things together, we'll leave when you're ready, alright?"

I give her a smile before moving off to get my stuff together.

Really acted like a moron this morning Homura, didn't you.

Maybe I'll figure out more of this 'Grail War' nonsense on the way.
    Last edited by Dranes; September 6th, 2015 at 08:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 08:45

"Oh, by the way. I'm Fukashigi Bandaifueki. But you... you can just call me Fuka-nee like everyone else does."

“Then… I will c-call you,” with only the flutter of her eyelashes, the finely forged image of steel planted in his mind cracked into a thousand pieces. “Fu… Fuka-n… n…”

The calm rationale that had chosen to ignore Fukashigi Bandaifueki before was nowhere to be found as the steel-eyed, pink-cheeked man stuttered his way into her trap. Oblivious to the laughter of the old man or the amusement of the blue haired woman, Kirame answered her playful voice in a shrinking voice.

“Nee.”

Somewhere in the transition between speaking normally and stuttering in a whisper the young man had completely turned away from either of the women, averting his eyes to try and piece back together his scrambled mind that had fallen in with the pace of the sultry woman.

"I see.”

Kirame’s hazy eyes, which looked like they belonged to a man who had spent his day standing under the beating sun, roasting his mind, gained a piece of their steely character at the voice of the other woman.

“It was very courteous of you to meet us face to face like this. I know not many would trust us, thanks to the current situation in the city. That being said, I can sense an ancient bearing from the way you hold yourself. It may not be much, but I think I can trust that in some ways we see eye-to-eye, at the very least."

Over the course of Saishuki’s response, Kirame’s composure returned enough for him to turn back to face her, just in time to catch a smile appear on her lips.

"Very well, Kirame-dono. Your willingness to approach us face-to-face and openly is impressive enough. If you are currently having any problems regarding Tengetsu, just let us know. I think there may be some things we could do for someone in your position. Call it a gift of courtesy returned, if you want to. I'd shame myself I did not offer something in return for being honest with us."

By the time the woman had finished the normal Kirame, who could crack just as easily at yet another strike from the blue haired woman, had returned. Pieced together by the soldier-like woman seated opposite of him.

“Then should I need it, I’ll take whatever help you can give.” Although he wasn’t the type to consider honesty a courtesy to be repaid, neither was Ryougi Kirame the type to decline hospitality offered to him. Rather, the Ryougi was the type to take more hospitality than was meant to be given to him. There were no qualms taking her up on her offer. “In a war like this just swinging a sword won’t be enough to win.”

He nudged the scabbard of his sword with his leg as he spoke, pointing to the accused, limited tool. Speaking, perhaps to the sword in question, he finished.

“There’s only so much a sword can do, after all.”

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Time: 10:25

I’m... alive...

Appearances mean nothing as I hack and cough, desperately sucking air into my deprived lungs. Red and black spots slowly swim toward the edges of my vision as the snowy vista returns to my sight, as well as a girl as flustered as she is cute - wait, what am I thinking! Ahhhhh, pull it together Xander! Still, she’s okay, and even though that grayhead insulted me again things have gone alri-!

“Wh-Whoa!”

She nearly shot her hand into my stomach! That carelessness is too strong!

"S-sorry about that! Um, my name is Misora. Misora Frankfer! Thanks for saving me again. I was, um... in a rather tight spot there, as you noticed. Not my finest moment, I know... ahahaha..."
    I grasp her hand and give it a shake. Hold it together, hold it together...

“It was my pleasure, Misora. My name is Xander. Xander Stone.”

Ah. she pulled her hand away. It was soft...

"Oh, oh! This here's Gregor Nikolaus! He's super good at memory stuff, and even builds his own robots! We're kinda sorta working as a pair on this mission. You know, since we're under the orders of Atla-MMmmphh!"
    Does that grayhead have to be so rough? That was really sudden. I guess it was too important then; maybe it was about that mission they said they were on? What was she about to say? Atla? Atlasia? Ugh, it’s almost there, but I can’t remember!

"U-uhm, sorry, Mr. Hero. I wasn't supposed to say that, and...
    Hero, huh? That’s... nice... but that’s Archer’s department.

"Umm... Mr. Hero?" Misora asked. "Are you being... haunted, right now?"
    “Haun... ted?”

Is she... looking at Archer? That can’t be right, right? He’s astralized! It should be completely impossible for anyone who isn’t a Servant or equivalent spiritual existence to see him! Does that mean that-!

Wait, wait, don’t jump to conclusions. Maybe she’s just sensitive. There are people like that, after all. Or she could have Mystic Eyes, but then...

She’s not normal.

Whether she’s aware of it or not, Misora isn’t normal. That grayhead, rather, Gregor, mentioned a mission, and Misora mentioned an organization. Atla... Atlasia...

Focus, Heir of Stone. We magi have three organizations, though there are number of smaller, unimportant groups. The first is the Mage’s Association, informally known as the Clock Tower. I’ve told you of them before. The second is the Sea of Estray. They’re a collection of cabals of magi throughout Europe, but they’re nothing to scoff at; after all, they predated the Clock Tower. The third is...

That’s right. There was one more organization.

...an organization of alchemists - those unsuitable for magecraft, and thus compensate with tools and with knowledge. Rather than humans, they’re living supercomputers meant to predict the future down to every last movement. Hmph, those pessimists pathetically trying to avoid the doom only they can see - their name is...

The Atlas Academy.

“What do you mean by that? Do you still have some snow in your eyes?”

Archer.

If she keeps prying, shift back out of sight and be prepared to support me from a distance. She might think she just saw a trick of the light or something, but if not...

I’ll need your help to escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Time: 07:40

There is something deeply unsettling to the sight of a dismembered body, and it is a horror derived not so much from an aversion to gore and brutality as something much more primal. It is the deviation from connate order - the unnatural absence - that creates a gap in the common sense of perception; for the brain, the aberration to the body that is the thing it best understands is like a wound in the world. 'Something that should not be' — and yet here was a body-bag much too small to hold the remains of a person that has died a natural death. No matter how you looked at it, it was hard to associate the bundle on the coroner's table with a human being.

Astrid's fists clenched tight, but it was not out of revulsion. Where magecraft is involved, the human body becomes subject to forces it is not designed to weather, and the sorry bunch she had worked with had little care for a limb or three getting lost somewhere along the way. But those are magi, and this...this is someone who should never have experienced the horrors that go hand in hand with the arts of the moonlit world.

But most of all, a parent should never have to see their child in such a state.

This was what she had sworn to prevent, and here was yet another life carelessly extinguished. Stolen.

"I assume you are both ready?"
    The greatest aberration of all is the senseless taking of life. The woman who nodded her head with steely eyes could only hope that Ayumi Asuka's death would not be devoid of meaning.