Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101518192021 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phase: Day 1/3
    Time: 08:47
    Day: January 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Kirame
    “Then should I need it, I’ll take whatever help you can give. In a war like this just swinging a sword won’t be enough to win. There’s only so much a sword can do, after all.”
    "A sword can either destroy or protect, Kirame-dono," Saishuki said, glancing at the weapon resting against the boy's chair. "That is more than most other things. And if there is a resolute, just mind behind that sword, then we can trust that sword to do the right thing. Thus, there is no shame in the life of a sword. It can accomplish much more than a simple person."

Having finished, Saishuki made a strange gesture to Bandaifueki. The blue-haired girl looked a bit disappointed, but eventually recovered and nodded. After blowing a kiss to Kirame, she headed to the back of the bar, closing the door behind her. Looking at the way her underling acted with a confused expression, Saishuki then turned back towards Kirame. The old man sitting behind them continued to cackle, almost choking on his sake as he did. Well, at least someone was having fun.

"There is not much we can offer you at the moment, other than information. In our struggle to release the island of Tengetsu from the shackles of its colonialist past, we've come to notice that information is often more valuable than gold," Saishuki spoke, nodding towards the newspaper she had just been reading. "Take, for example, today's newspaper. While it informs us that a young woman named Asuka Ayumu was murdered via dismemberment the previous night, it fails to reveal some very interesting details."

"Such as that the poor lass didn't meet just one killer, but two," Old Man commented from the sidelines, staring at his alcohol with a grim expression. "That ain't no way fer anyone to die, less a bright kid like her. 'Em sickos should target old farts like me, instead of young'ins..."

Saishuki gave him an understanding nod before turning towards Kirame again.

"Jii-san was among the first people to find her," she said with a quiet voice. "Thanks to his... background, he was able to discern that the wounds in his body were made with clearly two bladed instruments. Most likely a sword and a polearm of some sort, perhaps a naginata. The latter had been used to chop the girl's head off."

While the two of them were talking, Bandaifueki finally returned from her trip to the back of the bar. She walked over to the counter and draped herself over it, leaning towards Kirame with a sultry smile. For some reason, there was a piece of paper sticking out from between her breasts. It was that very piece of paper that she now seemed to be offering to Kirame, clearly knowing the effect she had on the young man.

"Well then, Kirame-kun~," Bandaifueki purred. "Eat up~"

"... Bandaifueki?" Saishuki asked, eyebrows knitted due to confusion. "What are you doing? I asked you to simply get the page of the book we found."

"It's just a little service~," the blue-haired woman giggled. "Don't mind, Saishuki-chan."

Acquired Clue!
    [Ayumu Asuka's Murder]
    According to the Old Man working for the Traditionalists, the body of Ayumu Asuka had actually been cut by two different people. Her limbs had been severed with a sword, and her head had been decapitated by a polearm of some sort. According to the leader of the Traditionalists, Gyouku Saishku, this information can be trusted.

Time: 10:27

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    "What do you mean by that? Do you still have some snow in your eyes?”
    "She's got snow in her brains, that's what," Gregor growled and swatted the girl at the back of her head. Misora let out a yelp. "This idiot's an occult fan and thinks all the talk about Tengetsu's spirits are true. So don't break your brains over thinking about it, bumpkin. I bet you have more important things to do, like planting turnips of whatever."

Looking like he was ready to leave, Gregor tried to drag Misora with him. The blonde girl showed a surprising streak of stubbornness and dug her heels into the snow. Thus began a short game of cat and mouse, which ended up in Misora's victory, and Gregore meeting the snowbank with his face at quite the high speeds. Apparently the guy was something of a pushover when it came to physical strength. That, or Misora had more muscle than her tiny frame let on.

"How rude! My eyes are perfectly fine! And you know I've been trained for this!" Misora pouted. "And it's not just occult mania! There are spirits everywhere in here! I can just about see their presences. I mean, some of them show up super vividly! It's like there's a gathering of spiritual energy here or something. Weird, huh? I mean, this is just a simple island out of the ways, so why would all the spirits gather here?"

"You're supposed to keep that stuff secret, you idiot...!" Gregore groaned, his voice muffled by the snow.

"Ah!" Realizing that she had just gone on again and blabbed her secrets, Misora hurried to cover her mouth. After realizing it was no use, she shot a sheepish grin at Xander. "Umm... can you forget about that? Atlasia will penalize me again if she knows what I did..."

Time: 07:42

Seeing Astrid nod, Meiji then proceeded to walk over to the coroner's table. He took the time to wrap a protective cloth around the front of his body, as well as taking care to put surgical gloves on. Then, after inviting both Astrid and Sayo closer with a quiet nod, he proceeded to open the up the body bag waiting for them. The unzipping of the bag felt almost like it was taking too much time, that single sound filling the otherwise silent room completely. Eventually the zip came to an end, revealing what awaited beneath it.

-------- There was really no way to prepare for what waited in the body bag.

For a moment, a human eye did not even register what was there as a body. Instead, it seemed like a piece of meat you'd see in a grocery store, waiting for someone to buy it, cook it and eat it. Then, a second or two afterwards, you begun to make out the familiar shapes you were used to. Hips. Breasts. Shoulders. Waist. Navel. Neck. Once you had started to put the pieces together, the whole completed form unraveled before your eyes, and you were left with a lump in your stomach, now understanding what was there before you.

A deathly pale torso of a young woman, without limbs or a head.

"God dammit..." Meiji muttered. "No matter how many times I see, I..."

The reaction from the police chief was understandable. After all, not many were the times you had to witness something like this... unless you were a magus. Still, the creeping understanding that this body before them wasn't even that of an adult, but of a young girl not even 18 years old... it was unsettling. Few strands of red hair still clung to her skin near her shoulders, where the hair would have normally fallen at... if her head was still there. Indeed, perhaps the most disturbing thing about the corpse was the fact that other than missing its limbs, it seemed almost too normal. Too perfect. Like the victim would not have struggled at all during the cutting of her own limbs.

Or perhaps it was...

"------------!"

Before either Sayo or Astrid could stop him, Meiji had turned right around and rushed out of the autopsy room. He slammed the doors open and immediately began yelling and up and down the corridor, demanding Officer Farfield to get her ass to here immediately. For a moment, this sudden change in demeanor seemed downright crazy.

That was until the two girls noticed what Meiji had noticed earlier.

There, written with beautiful calligraphy skills and using a very grandiose flourish of kanji... was a message carved into the stomach of the body.

You may forgive, but God does not.

Mystery Found!
    [Message in a Corpse]
    A message has been left in the corpse of Ayumu Asuka: 'You may forgive, but God does not.' This message appeared after the initial autopsy of the body, as none of the officers saw it before. During the time between the autopsy and Astrid entering the room to find the message, the body had been locked up in the autopsy room number four. The body had also been inside a body bag this whole time. The message had been carved into the stomach of the corpse with a sharp instrument.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; September 8th, 2015 at 02:18 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Time: 10:27

Please let this go simply, please let her just drop it...

"She's got snow in her brains, that's what. This idiot's an occult fan and thinks all the talk about Tengetsu's spirits are true. So don't break your brains over thinking about it, bumpkin. I bet you have more important things to do, like planting turnips or whatever."
    He’s dragging her away? Yes! Thank you grayhead! Even if you’ve been insulting me this entire time!

"How rude! My eyes are perfectly fine! And you know I've been trained for this! And it's not just occult mania! There are spirits everywhere in here! I can just about see their presences. I mean, some of them show up super vividly! It's like there's a gathering of spiritual energy here or something. Weird, huh? I mean, this is just a simple island out of the ways, so why would all the spirits gather here?"
    Misora’s been trained for this, huh? That explains her perception. But with what she’s saying...

Is it possible that they don’t know about the Mocking Grail War?

"You're supposed to keep that stuff secret, you idiot...!"
    You might be an unexpected ally right now, but don’t think I’ll help you out of there, grayhead.

"Ah! Umm... can you forget about that? Atlasia will penalize me again if she knows what I did..."
    Still, it seems like they’re just as eager to keep their own secrets as I am mine. And it looks like they don’t suspect I’m anyone special, so I might be able to get away at this rate.

“Of course, Misora. All I did here was help a girl in need. At any rate, I should go; I meant to pick up some supplies before the Great Blizzard hit, and this was supposed to be a brief walk. It was a pleasure to meet you.”

Hopefully we can get away with just this, Archer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Time: 10:14

So Izumi showed up some years ago and Sourokurou-san used to be on the basketball team here? I didn't know that Sourokurou used to play basketball... Then again I don't know that much about her. So maybe I should visit the high school to find out more about her. That and I'm sort of curious what a high school is like.

However, upon hearing me bring up Sen-chan. Everything got quiet.

"Unfortunately, Miyamoto-san... Sen-san is no longer with us. She passed away due to unfortunate circumstances four years ago. It was around the time of a blizzard. Not the Great Blizzard that now threatens the city again, no. This one was... a more unexpected one. None of us was prepared. Sen-san had been out collecting firewood for the temple when the blizzard struck. With the help of Ruler, we tried to locate her but... by that time, it was too late. The snowstorm was too strong for us to venture too deeply up the mountain."
    "Sen-chan... Is dead?"

I thought she was okay, and that I would see her again. Instead she died gathering wood and no one here could find here. Even Onii-san couldn't find her... But maybe she could be... But four years... I have to try.

"Did anyone check that ravine? Surely... someone could've checked right?"

Francis York Morgan
    Location - Park District - Gongujoudo (York's Room)
    Phase - Morning 1/3
    Time - 06:47

Enchanter seemed amused as she took the offered clothing and set-off for the bathroom, I checked the clock as she did so.

Hm, almost seven, have a little bit of time left, at least.

Hope this wasn't going to be a big deal in this whole situation.

Wonder if they noticed, they probably noticed, Enchanter's probably just being polite.

Or it's just that good.

Still, it was nice, getting to walk around, chat with old friends, make a little bit of a trip out and about.

Sucks that it's just about done.

"Master, I am only a ghost in this era. As a woman, I do not have a reputation that you can harm with words; you are free to make the excuses you want to justify my presence."

There was a small pause, well, ain't she self-confident.

"Physical demonstrations are another matter, and if possible I would rather you refrain from such."

I blinked, then smiled, "Well, I'm pretty sure we're not going to have any problems with that."

I waited patiently for Enchanter to finish up in the bathroom, gathering up my things as I went, straightening the sheets, making sure everything was reasonably close to the way I found it, then as she opened the door, revealing herself to be completely undiminished, and, in fact, more striking than before by the sheer contrast of the modern clothing.

I folded the kimono up briskly, picked it up, then opened the door, like a gentleman.

"Right then, time's a wasting, let's get this show under way."

I trooped on downstairs, pausing by the desk to awkwardly make check-out from the Inn, fending off uncomfortable questions about a single night's reservation and the woman with me who'd seemed to come out of nowhere with a cheery demeanor.

Then I took a breath and stepped out into the morning.

He was standing there, as arranged, smacking away lackadaisically on that gum he hated so much.

A bubble swelled out of his mouth, grew bigger, and bigger, so large that it defied all belief.

The rise of a new, horrible race of bubblegum overlords was upon us, and I shook at the knees as I took in the sight of the new sovereign.

Then the bubble popped, pink splatted all over the brown-haired man's face.

I laughed at him as he grumpily picked it off.

"Laugh it up, wise-guy... Oughta just smack you into into the sky ya ungrateful little..."

He faded off into unintelligible grumbling as I approached him.

The grumbling, and my faint smile faded as he finished, he looked gravely at me.

"So, you ready? I mean, guess you don't really got any other option."

I grimaced, "Guess not."

He closed his eyes, frowning, "Guess this really is kind of a dead-end job, after all."

Jack Elder
    Location - Park District - Outside Gongujoudo
    Phase - Morning 1/3
    Time - 06:57

The summoned specter stared at me with dead eyes.

I mean, he's kind of already dead, but this was the kind of look when someone is just dead inside.

I'm so unappreciated.

"That was terrible."

"I know, you could say it was a grave mistake to make it."

"Ugh."

York covered his face, "I hate you."

"I see you smiling under there, you love it."

York groaned, "Let's at least give a bit of a run-down on the situation, Jack."

I nodded, and turned to the maybe a bit confused Servant behind him, I mean, I can't really tell, she's almost like a statue, a really pretty statue, but kinda, y'know, off.

"Right, here's the long and short of it. Hi, I'm Jack Elder, I'm your actual Master, and I see dead people."

"This guy," I patted York on the shoulder, it went through, "Is a ghost, he was pretty solid in life, but now, people are going to start seeing right through him."

York just leaned back and stared at the sun, as if willing it to move faster.

"He was, is, was, whatever, a friend, and someone killed him, he 'was' a Master, but somebody got to him before he could even get going."

I sobered, "I found him, he had all the stuff on him, the letter, the command spells, everything, hell, he was even still warm."

"I'm here to find who killed him, and do all this Grail War stuff as a last request sorta thing."

I clapped my hands, "So! That's me, and I know who you are, got filled in on the details, so if you wanna do it again, feel free, otherwise...?"

I glanced over at my dead friend, "You make any plans?"

"Fashion week."

Oh.

I looked at Enchanter.

Oh no.

My poor wallet.

I looked pleadingly at the already-fading wraith as he grinned triumphantly.

"Rejoice! My dream has come true!"

Then he vanished into the morning sun, cackling the laugh of schadenfreude.

I stood there, having called a cab as he checked out.

"So, uh."

I shifted.

"Not really sure how to start this off here, I started the conversation, you should probably have some say, I guess, I mean I'm 'The Master', but not y'know, 'The Master', if you catch my drift so it's fair that you get to have some control over the relationship and all and I'm rambling now."

Saver
    Time: 06:49

Saver watched the ongoing antics with a hint of amusement. Her Master backed off entertainingly quickly from the scathing remarks by his caretakers. Had he actually succeeded in getting away, she would have followed him and perhaps given a lecture on respect... but it seems that his family already had that venue more than covered.

They were doing a rather good job of making sure he was raised correctly. She nodded in approval.

"I'm sorry about that Saver, it was rude of me."
    “It is fine. Normally, I would be less forgiving of such rudeness, but it seems as though you get quite the earful already, so I shall simply accept your apology.” She said, fairly pleased at how things had turned out without her intervention.

"I'll get my things together, we'll leave when you're ready, alright?"
    “It is fine. I do no-” She paused a little, thinking over her choice of words. Given that she was currently masquerading as a ‘student’ (although she doubted anyone even believed it for a second), it would be weird to claim to be ready without any books or bags at hand. “I can grab my things at any time later, so we can leave as soon as you are ready.”

“I have already been waiting for quite a while, so it’d be nice if you could hurry it up.” She gave a light smile at him that conveyed her true feelings. The sooner, the better.

Honestly, her initial prank had turned out a lot worse than she’d expected (for both her and Homura, not helped by the terrible excuse that she’d been forced to adopt for her appearance). Leaving soon without inviting any more questions from his family members and properly explaining the situation the boy was in would be best.

Not that this had been an entirely regrettable endeavor, though. Watching her Master’s home life had been… both enjoyable, and informative. It seemed as though the boy was in good hands on all moral fronts- no temptations or circumstances that would have driven him down wrong paths. This was a good thing, of course- but she couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed, as improper as it was. She would have looked forward to correcting him if he turned out to be less than moral, but there was really nothing that needed any attention. Just a good natured person, at first glance.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Artificer
    Phase: Morning 1/3
    Time: 07:21

Mm.

It was good.

The cheesecake was absolutely delicious.
    Artificer nodded, impressed by the exotic flavour. It was much richer than the rice and fish he'd subsisted on during his days as a hermit. Eating something like this every day, he could imagine it to be the height of luxury. He closed his eyes and savoured it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi
    "Not to mention it would be an honor to see a man as understanding as you craft something. Not many are the people who'd be willing to let a topic rest in peace even if it interest themselves. You are not only blessed with good etiquette, but good heart as well, Mr. Artificer."
    "You think too highly of me," he said, opening one eye slightly and tilting the corners of his mouth upwards. "I merely have no wish to distress such a hospitable hostess. Childish curiosity should always be leashed, lest it trample a flower by accident." A certain apocryphal fable that had been planted into his mind by the Grail rose from the depths of his thoughts on its own. Artificer would rather be Helios than Boreas. "But alas, I may have to, in the very near future."

Spending some leisure time was fine and all, but he had work to do, swords to forge, and groceries to buy.

"You spoke of an interest in seeing my work. I am in the process of finishing my first since arriving at Tengetsu, this afternoon." He withdrew a tattered paper and some charcoal from within his robes, and scribbled some directions to his forge in archaic Japanese. "You may visit, if you have the time, and make a request. I would, in that case, strive to be as accommodating to you as you have been to myself today. Though in exchange, Lady Chi, I have a demand to make: Please inform me of how to reach the grocery store. I'm... completely out of food."

Yes. Reality was truly sad, compared to dreamlike cheesecake.

"Oh." At the last moment, Artificer's leashed curiosity freed itself. A boyish sparkle appeared in his eyes as Lady Chihong's previous words caught up to him. "Wait. You said that you collect rare items? Lady, I would be honoured if you would allow me to experience some of said artifacts with my own eyes!"

It was the closest Artificer could get to being absolutely giddy with excitement.

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Phase: Day 2/3
    Time: 12:28

"Mirai-san?" Setsuko asked, sounding a bit unsure. Then, when the name caught the attention of Mirai, her face melted into a reserved smile. "Why... it is you. It's been quite some time, hasn't it?"
    The hospital is quiet. Almost too quiet, even, because while hospitals certainly aren’t very loud, they usually never gave you the impression that they were as alive as their patients. It’s like something happened, something…

Something that definitely involve a trip to this hospital. Presumably related to the Holy Grail War, but who knows, who knows, anything and everything could happen.

“Oh, yeah, it’s definitely been a while,” I say, not really sure how to start the conversation, especially with someone not in the family know-how in between us. I guess I should get this done with quickly.

“You look nice.” It’s a bit of a rushed compliment, but I really mean it, she’s much more beautiful than when I saw her last… Just shows you how much time flies, huh? I—if my meeting with Sensei told me anything, I’m just the same, ahaha…

"What brings you to Tengetsu?" Setsuko asked, clasping her hands together. "If you had informed me you were coming, I'd have arranged you a place to stay. It is unbecoming of a young lady such as yourself to have to sleep in a hotel..."
    “Oh, no need for that. Papa gave me the RV, and I’m fairly self-sufficient,” I say, looking back at the parking lot. Ah, right, supplies. Meeting Setsuko-chan really threw me out for a loop, there, that’s what I came for. Supplies, and most importantly…

“Do you mind if I get an internship here? I won’t be here long, about a month or so, but I can definitely make my sudden appearance here worthwhile…” My voice trails off as I almost casually seem to tug at my sleeve, hinting at what lay underneath. I… I don’t mean top burden her, but I need not only some way of making money, but I need to pick up on information without looking conspicuous. And based on the current situation, leeching info from here is definitely a good idea.

“Setsuko-san… Do you mind if we talk in your office? It’s… about your inheritance from Grandfather.”

Not a complete truth, but definitely only a fraction.

Servant Assassin
    Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 11:35
    Day - January 13th

Assassin's glare bores into the door the woman disappeared behind. The woman can wait until further investigation. Assassin swiftly escapes from the ironclad holy destroyer with the woman's devilish grin on his mind.

This war will be interesting.

A low murmur of laughter disappears on the wind as a black shadow leaves the docks and warehouses behind it.

---------------

Location - Harbor District
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 12:00
    Day - January 13th

And that is all the information I was able to recover.

The last sentence on the last page of a small pile of papers, hastily written by Hassan during his mission on the Cross and Grace. Hassan watches as his Master drinks his coffee and thinks on what his Servant uncovered. It wasn't hard for Assassin to find his Master, their prana link acting as tether for him to follow. He found Delacroix sitting in a cafe, casually drinking and reading the newspaper and literature. Hassan deposited the papers and proceeded to stand next to the table, quietly in spirit form. He had done his job and waited for further orders from his Master.

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maker
    Location - Yamaichi Shrine
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 11:45
    Day - January 13th

"We are a borrowed concept, out in a land not meant for us... it is a good mentality to think that we have enemies around every corner. In such cases, the existence of a Ruler-class is not an exception, but a rule. More so than to be a vanguard for the Mocking Grail and keep an eye out for you, the competitors, I am a force which protects this island from outside interference. Well, one of the forces. That blizzard is supposed to arrive soon, is it not...?"
    “You are right, of course.” Maker’s gentle features darkened for a moment, as her eyes took in the image of the city below. “Our presence in these times can be considered to be nothing but the greatest of abominations. Both our lives and ages we come from, have crumbled into dust. To step outside those boundaries of our life is simply the very emptomy of selfish greed, is it not? To place an inordinate value on one’s own desires at the expense of those to whom this age truly belongs.”

A hint of self-derisive amusement returned on Maker’s delicate face.

“Although if I understand correctly the nature of the Ruler class, such a sin is ours to bear, and not yours, is it not, Ruler?”

“Though, I wonder… perhaps your position is ill suited? If they have the will and strength for it, then maybe the people of this age are fully justified in their manipulations of the Mocking Grail. Whether to destroy it or use it, the will of this “world” should be behind them and not with mere echoes of the past, such as ourselves.” Another half smile blossomed on the blonde Servant’s face “Though if that was truly the case, then I guess it really wouldn’t matter who or what was involved with the Mocking Grail. The scales would be adjusted accordingly, no matter our actions.”

“Maybe protecting this land from our blind desires would be more suitable role for a "guardian" such as yourself?”

Letting out a brief chuckle, Maker briefly turned her head away from the visage of the city and back towards the regal Servant, before lowering her head briefly in an apologetic gesture. While there was no actual regret behind such a gesture, it was at least a gesture of mutual respect towards the man in front of her. While she herself hardly considered the words uttered to be an insult, there was the possibility that Ruler would construe it as a verbal attack on himself. She herself had met many such individuals in the past, after all. It was an all to common pattern in those who cloaked themselves in the mantle of a “King”.

Amongst the exceptional, “Pride” is the foremost of sins.

“My apologies. I might have gone a bit too far with my words. I meant no disrespect.”

Turning away from the mountain view and back towards the winding staircase, the Servant dressed in white said her farewells to the oriental Servant standing next to the elaborately engraved komainu statue.

“In any case, as I mentioned earlier, it has been a pleasure, Ruler. But unfortunately there is only so long I can keep the supervisor and my Master waiting.“ A glint of amusement appeared in Maker’s eyes.”If the fates are kind towards me, then perhaps we will meet more in the days to come.”

And with those words, Maker left the azure haired Servant behind and headed up the stairs once more, wind buffeting her seemingly delicate form and causing the ruby scarf to wave behind her in a mesmerizing fashion.

“I hope your vigil is successful, tianzi. I truly do.”
    Last edited by Mellon; September 8th, 2015 at 12:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 08:49

Kirame said nothing as Saishuki spoke of the value of the sword, something he understood well and truly. The Ryougi simply held eye contact, following the woman’s nod toward his sword, then eventually as she finished he followed the gesture she made toward Bandaifueki.

A shuffling sound of chair legs skidding over the wooden floor followed the blue haired woman’s kiss, the young man recoiling back in a combination of emotions. Most telling being shock, from the way his face went pale and his eyes wide. With Bandaifueki disappearing to another part of the bar Kirame slapped his palm over his heart, letting out a slow breath.

He almost preferred the giantess miko to this.

"There is not much we can offer you at the moment, other than information.”

Just as the grey eyed man began to think about his meeting with the overseer, the only Tengetsu native he found agreeable began to speak again, and he lifted his head, which had fallen to stare at the floor, to meet her eyes again. As she nodded toward the newspaper his eyes followed and fell onto the grey paper, toward the entry she referred to. While Saishuki and the old man told the Ryougi what they knew of the incident, information not to be found in the news, he continued to read over the article.

“Most likely a sword and a polearm of some sort, perhaps a naginata. The latter had been used to chop the girl's head off."

“I see.” Peeling his eyes from the paper, Kirame turned to the old man. “Killing old bags like you won’t get the reaction they want, or maybe you just aren’t useful for whatever the killers wanted out of this. Leaving the body in the park like that, there was likely a reason for doing that. Not that I would know what the killers might be after, but the timing and showiness of the murder makes it stand out.”

Compared to the old man’s grim countenance and the quiet way that Saishuki spoke about the incident, the Ryougi’s voice sounded far more detached, hardly sympathetic for the victim or affronted by the brutality of the murder. Rather, he simply voiced his thoughts plainly.

“One thing is strange though, why the need for two different weapons? The arms, legs, and the head, one blade would have been enough for everything.” Saying so Kirame again nudged his sword. “A dispute between accomplices? The one with the sword wanted to continue cutting away at the girl without killing her, and the one with the polearm decided the girl had had enough?”

The Ryougi subtly shrugged, for someone who understood so little about why he himself kills, an exercise in trying to understand why another killed, especially in such a particular and showy way, was baffling enough.

“Or,” however, there was one angle he could look at the murder that from that he might understand it. “The slasher with the sword and the killer with the naginata are unrelated. The first tortured the girl and left her to be found, alive. The second discovered her before anyone else and gave her a mercy killing, to end her suffering.”

A conclusion that Kirame only came to because he knew that he would have done the same, were he in the shoes of the man who ended the girl’s life.

It was at that moment that Kirame, who had been engrossed with the murder, realized that Bandaifueki had returned, and was offering a piece of paper to him using her breasts.

"Well then, Kirame-kun~," Bandaifueki purred. "Eat up~"

The Ryougi sputtered out something incomprehensible, before falling out of his chair and hitting the floor with the back of his head.

Anna Bernhart
    Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 09:27
    Day - January 13th

Anna followed Muire into the inner part of the ship. She covered her face in her gloved hands as soon as they had entered, warming up her chilly nose and cheeks. The change in the atmosphere towards a more casual one did little to change her bearing - the girl wasn't tense to begin with.

"'God Bless this Mess'."
    "'God Bless this Mess'." Anna repeated after Muire with a nod, smiling as she looked at the sign, her fists proudly planted into her sides, like she was observing something just as incredible as the mechanical marvel that was the Cross & Grace. If there was a deeper meaning behind the placard than it first seemed, Anna didn't catch on to it, and in a way, it really showed.

As they went down the stairs, the girl raised her hand to return Chelsea the wave, and though Anna's feelings were genuine and happy, her smile and gesture seemed almost lackluster when compared to the brimming energy contained within the pink haired girl.

"Ooh, Anna! You came again!" Chelsea Mackeroch chirped, grinning from ear to ear. "Did you come to have a breakfast with us?"
    "Yes, I would like to! If it's not a problem, of course. And if there's anything left for me!" She said with a small laugh, approaching the seats as she curiously glanced around the eating area. When she was done inspecting her surroundings, Anna turned her attention to the tables, searching for a suitable spot to sit down at.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Servant Saber
    Time: 12:30 PM

So, this was the New Industrial District that Tae had mentioned. Tall buildings seemed to be the norm, split by wide streets and offering very few places to duck out of sight in a pinch. Besides that, there also seemed to be mechanical eyes - cameras, they were called? - visible on or in a number of the buildings. Perhaps even more were hidden from view. Rich men wanting to protect the secrets making them richer, no doubt. Understandable, but it still made scouting troublesome.

On the plus side, I wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb any longer. It might not be enough for a place like this, but I had been able to swap out my kimono for a much less conspicuous coat and a pair of pants. Also boots, because pants wouldn't really hide bare feet from anyone looking even remotely in my direction. Now, though, I could blend into the city without any trouble! At least, as long as fair-haired women weren't too rare a sight around Tengetsu.

...oh, the energy indicator on Tae's phone had turned orange. Perhaps I should not have been playing so many games so early in the day. Ah, well, devices like these could be recharged easily, yes? All I needed to do was insert a wire into that slot there, then insert the other end of the wire into... whatever matching slot I could find for it. It could be found somewhere inside, no doubt, but the buildings in the New Industrial District would probably not allow a random stranger entry for such a reason. Or any reason at all, for that matter. Perhaps a diner would suffice if I had a meal there. It had been a while since I last ate, after all...

Ah, that would have to wait. First, I needed to find some place to safely duck out of sight and enter spirit form. Really, I should have done so earlier, but I needed to be sure my choice of clothing didn't draw too many stares. That had seemingly worked out fine, so next on the agenda was getting the lay of the land from atop the tallest nearby structure.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Caster
    : New Industrial District - House of Dr. Ochemond
    Time: 13:02

Now what do we have here...?

Caster had never really liked having his meditations interrupted, his noble phantasm was a testament to that fact. Still, Caster was fair. the tiny waif that had come skidding up was faultless, Caster was, after all, meditating out in the open. Under normal circumstances, Caster might have been of a mind to ignore the interruption. It would little serve his efforts to further delay his work so that he could chastise a harmless brat that had gotten spooked.

But this was no harmless brat. Soundlessly, Caster released the grip on his mortal self which gave his form a presence in the real world, becoming a true spirit. Caster had no illusions that this made him invisible to the fleeing pup. In fact, Caster thought it likely he had just become closer in nature to it.

That child was not human.

Ghosting (literally) in the child's wake, Caster could feel, more then he could see, an essential alien quality to it. It was a Servant. No, perhaps a spirit. a lost sole, or possible a totemic animal spirit of some sort, regardless, it was no ordinary being. Caster's curiosity was aroused, hence his pursuit. keeping up with it was trivial. Spiritual in nature or not, it was still human. It had to avoid trash cans and cars, signs and mailboxes, while Caster simply passed through in a straight line. When the creature darted into the alleyways, Caster could have ended the chase in a moment simply by passing through the buildings....but he didn't. For two reasons.

First, he did not know what abilities the fleeing pup may have. It was possible, if unlikely, that if Caster lost the ability to simply see him and relied on his other senses, the pup might have a way to escape, magically or otherwise...

The second reason was more important. It was similar to why Caster had taken up the chase in the first place. Even considering the spiritual nature of the being currently playing the rabbit to his fox, lesser mysteries had to give way to greater ones. In other words, a curious creature in tengetsu was less important then researching the fundamental system of the grail, his previous task. However...Caster's intuition told him there was something greater at play. There was something to be known here, Caster felt. And thus, the lead needed to be pursued, figuratively and literally. Put simply, Caster believed that understanding this child and his flight might provide a clue to this world.

So Caster chased him. The chase was rapidly reaching a climax. The difference between a servant, even a physically unimpressive one like Caster, and a simply spirit was the difference between a jet and a bicycle. One way or another, this will end soon.

"Run faster or stop, little pup." Caster called out. "As things are, this is pointless."

It seems I have chased the rabbit. Shall we see where the hole he leads me to takes me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Azama Tae
    Phase: Morning
    Time: 6:49 1/3

"I see..."

It is good to hear Ruler claim that he will enforce the rules of the competition with such conviction. It reassures me of the fact that, at least for now, my identity as a Master is only known to those that reside within the Yamaichi Shrine. While somewhat troublesome, his declaration solves more problems than it brings, and so I am content. In fact, I am more drawn towards the Servant's blatant display of possessiveness... To call this place his 'Kingdom', he must be either quite related to these mountains or have an ego taller than them.

In any case, it is probably safe to assume that he has something akin to the 'Territory Creation' skill of the Caster class. After all, for what I can tell, his claims do not sound to be empty at all...

"Breaking the rules would be foolish, in that case. Nobody would like another Servant coming after their heads." I remark the obvious, making it clear that's what I think. "It was naive of me to think that they would assign the role of mediator to someone with a power force lesser than the average participant. No, if anything, one fulfilling such role..."

I fall silent for a moment, unwilling to accept the cruel fact walking in front of me. But even so, words do not need to be voiced to finish my thought. That's right... The one acting as a mediator...

---Must be able to stop everyone.

"I'm no devil."

I run a hand through my hair, regaining my composure. It is too early to worry about things like these when Saber and I haven't gone through our first fight yet. Moreover, there is no solid proof that I'll ever have to face Ruler as an enemy in this war, nothing but my own intuition.

"A devil does evil, and does so for the sake of it."

I'm not a wicked or malevolent person, nor I am doing this for my own personal gain. Granted, I can prove to be daring, clever and cruel sometimes, but I do not believe those traits are exclusive to devils.

"What I do is neither good nor evil. No sympathy... I pull the trigger at those about to shoot at me... And at those that already have, as simple and efficient as that. I'd call it a natural response."

I close my eyes for a moment.

"Just like you would annihilate anyone who dares to defile this ritual, I'm ready to shoot down anyone who puts myself or the things I care about in danger."
    Last edited by hero; September 11th, 2015 at 08:52 AM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Aisaka Sayo
    Time: 07:42

"Well, well, what do we have here."

Her face grimacing slightly from the new 'clue' that had appeared, Sayo approaches the torso without much ado. Her calmness was not disturbed even by the most gruesome, or rather brutal, sight that was in front of her eyes. The macabre scene that one would most likely only experience through other forms of media of this era, this was.

Sayo took a brief glimpse at the calligraphic message engraved upon the body, and dismissed it with a small sigh. After all, cryptic messages were not her department - she was but a mere trainee, wasn't she? An assistant to the higher, more experienced Astrid. She would defer judgement until her superior had a better view of the case. No doubt it was magical somehow, considering it hadn't been discovered up to this point. However, Sayo was more interested in the actual wounds.

The limbs were missing, and so was the head. Logically speaking, the wounds were too clean - which would mean the culprit would have decapitated the victim and then removed the limbs, if to say this was a normal case.

However, everything was topsy turvy in magical cases. There was no guarantee that the limbs would not have been removed first for maximum sadistical enjoyment, however distasteful it was, After all, humanity was its own greatest enemy and also its greatest hater.

"Detective Astrid, if you would please."

Having finished her initial investigation, she awaited her superior's more practiced judgement.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 10:29

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    “Of course, Misora. All I did here was help a girl in need. At any rate, I should go; I meant to pick up some supplies before the Great Blizzard hit, and this was supposed to be a brief walk. It was a pleasure to meet you.”
    "Ah, great! You're the best, Mr. Hero!" Misora said, clapping her hands together excitedly. Gregor, on the other hand, just groaned. "I'll be sure to tell everyone that not all locals are grumpy-grumpfaces! That should brighten up their day. Oh, and super sorry we kept you from your grocery shopping. I know the Great Blizzard will make things harder around here, but hang in there, okay!"

"Well, you're sorry. I'm not. It was your fault, after all..." Gregor muttered, folding his arms and clicking his tongue.

"Anyways, we need to be off as well! So, um, thanks again, Mr. Hero!" Misora took Xander's hand and shook it briskly. Shen then proceeded to do something quite unexpected, and gave a quick peck to his cheek. The sensation of warm lips in the chilly wintertime air was rather rejuvenating, even if it was completely unexpected.

Giggling heartily, Misora waved at Xander, while Gregor was already making his way down the road.

"Let's meet up again! I'll buy a dinner as a thanks, sometime!" the girl promised, before hurrying after her colleague.

Time: 6:49

Quote Originally Posted by Tae
    "What I do is neither good nor evil. No sympathy... I pull the trigger at those about to shoot at me... And at those that already have, as simple and efficient as that. I'd call it a natural response. Just like you would annihilate anyone who dares to defile this ritual, I'm ready to shoot down anyone who puts myself or the things I care about in danger."
    Ruler chuckled quietly at this speech, his wild eyes studying the form of the girl before him carefully. It was not altogether pleasant experience. Though they did not contain disrespect or eye her the way some men would, when in front of this blue-haired Servant... it was like being appraised. For one's worth to be put in such numbers is... eerie."You speak with such clarity... yet sound so unsure," the Servant said, his grin cold and chilling. "You act like you have the authority to decide who lives and who dies based on your own selfish desire when you're mere mortal, nowhere near the authority of a king. Little Devil Lady, if that is not being evil, then nothing in this world is. After all, 'good' and 'bad' are mere projections of society's morals."

The golden eyes seemed to shine with cruel light.

"And society is just the extension of it's ruler's will," he completed his sentence, as the two of them arrived to the base of the mountain, the way out finally visible to Tae. "Kukuku... I suppose you're right, though. Devil is not the title I should be using. It should be..."

The blue Servant stared down at Tae, his face now a mask of harsh reality.

"Kichiku Youjo."
    Later That Day... in Side Room (10:16)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoko
    "Did anyone check that ravine? Surely... someone could've checked right?"
    Sourokurou nodded sternly, her head barely moving. Even though it was yet hours till noon, the atmosphere of the side room had grown considerably darker, and even the warmth of the candles could not drive away the terrible cold that seemed to seep in from somewhere, chilling everyone to the bone. It was not physical, but mental coldness, one much harder to drive away from your heart.

"Of course. We attempted to scale down the ravine and perform extensive search once the weather turned more fair, but alas..." Sourokurou sighed. "By that time, it had snowed considerably after the event. We never found a trace of Sen-chan. Even that next spring, when we attempted to locate the body, we turned up with nothing. It seems that whatever Mt. Tenkiri takes, it will keep, as long as it wants."

That was the conclusion the grim, sometimes scary, shrine maiden had come to. It had been the mountain that took away Kiyoko's childhood friend, her fellow in-training miko. No warning, no reason, just simple act and result. For those whom lived on Tengetsu, and whom still respected the old rules, Mt. Tenkiri was the focal point of the spiritual side of the island. It was the earthly body of the tutelary deity of the island, one watching over the small kingdom that had stood against the test of time. And if it decided to take away one of them, then there was nothing the people of the island could do.

Winter gave, and winter took. That was the law.

"..."

Surprisingly enough, Izumi quietly placed her hand on Kiyoko's. The expression on the blind girl's face was unreadable, but it seemed that she wanted, at the very least, offer some manner of comfort.

Later That Day... in The Courtyard (11:48)

Quote Originally Posted by Maker
    “I hope your vigil is successful,
    tianzi. I truly do.”
    Ruler chuckled, giving a small nod to the female Servant as she passed through the gate, up the wooden stairs, and into the main shrine proper. The look in his wild eyes told of not pride scorned, but of the joy of meeting someone whom understood what it mean to respect, and earn respect in return. While meeting with the black-clad Invoker had been a tide of oil spilling to his shore, Maker had been a fresh breeze of sea water that washed it away.

"As do I, Little August One. For all of our sakes," Ruler answered, quietly.

Inside the temple, a foreboding atmosphere awaited Maker. And somewhere within that maze-like structure of winding wood and dark-lit corners, waited the supervisor, the shrine maiden, the head priestess, dancing her eternal dance for the sake of this ritual they had been all called for.

Time: 06:51

While Homura went to get his textbooks and all manner of things he'd need at school, that left Saver alone with the two women of the household. Zenko, maid that she was, begun cleaning up what remained of the breakfast. She worked fast and diligently, showing surprising amount of experience when it came to her job, despite how young she seemed. For a moment, Tetora was content with simply watching the other girl work in silence, but eventually, she turned to look at Saver.

"Oh, that reminds me," she spoke up. "Do ya have anythin' ya'd like to eat tonight? We better stock up on food since Great Blizzard's comin' up an' all that, after all. So if ya'd got any wishes, just tell me or Zenko. I think we can manage to find most things."

Zenko glanced back at the two women with a dry expression.

"At least they cannot be as absurd as your requests, Mistress," the maid admonished the tigress. "Sometimes you act like a woman pregnant, based on your culinary palate."

"Ahaha~", Tetora laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of her head. "I dunno a thing yer talkin' 'bout, Zenko~"

Time: 07:23

Quote Originally Posted by Artificer
    "You think too highly of me. I merely have no wish to distress such a hospitable hostess. Childish curiosity should always be leashed, lest it trample a flower by accident. But alas, I may have to, in the very near future."
    Lady Chìhóng nodded, offering Artificer a trusting smile.

"Too highly? I think not. The fact that you even think of that is... well, very telling," she said and chuckled. "Men like you, Mr. Artificer, are a rarity in these days and times. Indeed, world has lost a lot to the pages of history, and manners are one thing. I must say that a conversation like this manages to give me some hope."

"You spoke of an interest in seeing my work. I am in the process of finishing my first since arriving at Tengetsu, this afternoon. You may visit, if you have the time, and make a request. I would, in that case, strive to be as accommodating to you as you have been to myself today. Though in exchange, Lady Chi, I have a demand to make: Please inform me of how to reach the grocery store. I'm... completely out of food."
    This caused Lady Chìhóng to nearly spit out her tea. Instead, she managed to masterfully disguise it as a dainty little cough. The only trouble was that she had to, in order to achieve that effect, slap herself in the chest in a magnificently over-the-top manner. Then, clearing her throat like nothing had happened, she tried to retain her calm visage... only to break into a small giggle-fit just few seconds afterwards.

"O-oh, of course I can tell you that!"
    Lady Chìhóng chuckled, reaching out to another table and nabbing some sort of brochure from there. As it turned out, it was of Tengetsu. "But here. This is the travel brochure I was telling you about. It should teach you how to reach just about any place on the island. And as for the grocery store... well, the closest one would be up the street and around the corner. That is where we usually get our ingredients and the like."

Still smiling,
    Lady Chìhóng leaned a bit closer over the table, looking Artificer directly in the eyes.

"And what comes to your invitation, Mr. Artificer?" she said. "I'd love to. I'll be sure to free up my afternoon so I can drop by."

"Oh. Wait. You said that you collect rare items? Lady, I would be honoured if you would allow me to experience some of said artifacts with my own eyes!"
    For a moment, Lady Chìhóng stared at the changed vigor of the Servant with surprise clear in her eyes, but eventually it was replaced by her expression melting into a smile.

"But of course!"
    Lady Chìhóng said with a nod. "I'll be sure to take my most prized possessions with me when I come to visit, then."

Time: 12:30

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai
    “Setsuko-san… Do you mind if we talk in your office? It’s… about your inheritance from Grandfather.”
    For a moment, Setsuko's eyes widened when she understood what Mirai's words meant. It was clear that whatever she had expected, it had not been this. Perhaps information just did not pass along that fast in the cold north, or then the self-stylized exile of this branch of the family was working better than expected. Nevertheless...

"Of course," Setsuko answered. "Follow me, please."

Signaling what seemed liked 'hold the calls' to the receptionist, Setsuko began guiding Mirai through the twisting corridors of the Tengetsu Central Hospital, where the same gloomy aura of grey seemed to hang in every corner. Judging from the slightly odd layout and the general feeling of the war-time building, it had most likely not been used in this manner initially. The most logical suggestion was that it had been an office building re-purposed as a hospital during the war, and then later made into a real one after the situation between the island and the main land grew peaceful once more.

At least that would have explained the apparent lack of elevator. Or then Setsuko was just hell-bent on making Mirai walk every bit of stairs that could be found in the hospital, it seemed.

"Here we are."

Eventually, though, the two of them arrived to a set of wooden, heavy double doors. Setsuko unlocked it with a big metal key and pushed the right door in, leading them to her office. Light streamed through the blinds, showcasing the specks of dust floating in the air. Other than that, the office could not have been further from that of Sensei, where Mirai had been earlier. Everything was meticulously arranged and placed, all the files were neatly tucked away in clearly marked folders, and nothing seemed out of place. Indeed, the whole place felt so strictly kept that it was somewhat uncomfortable. Someone who could not relax even in their own office... it told a lot about Setsuko's personality.

"Please, sit," the black-haired girl gestured Mirai on one of the sofas. "I'll be making some tea. It sounds as if... you have a lot to say. After all, simply showing up at our door and asking for an internship..."

As Setsuko started preparing the tea, Mirai saw something rather surprising on the demure girl's face. A genuinely amused smile.

"... Well, it is you. So I suppose I should not be surprised. You were always the adventurous one, while I stuck with my lot in the life," Setsuko said, pouring the black substance into two cups before walking them over to the table. "But I think I can arrange what you are asking. It is the least I can do to you."

Time: 08:51

As Kirame fell, Bandaifueki could no longer hold back her laughter. Instead, she bent backwards and let out a chime-like giggle, clearly enjoying far too much the reactions she got out of the boy. The old man seemed to share her sentiments, as he was sent spiraling into a fit of cackles as he watched the boy sputter and explode in colors of red at the sight of Bandaifueki's bosom. The only who didn't seem to understand what was so funny (well, aside from Kirame maybe) was, of course, Saishuki. Seeing the boy sprawled on the floor, the black-haired girl hurried out of her stool and knelt down beside him, offering a helping hand.

"K-Kirame-dono, are you alright? You are not hurt, are you?" then, with a glare, Saishuki turned to stare at Bandaifueki. "And please stop that, Bandaifueki! I do not know what you are trying to do, but it is clearly bothering our guest. We are supposed to be gracious hosts, not some barbarians."

"Aww, but I am, Saishuki-chan," Bandaifueki giggled and winked at Kirame. "Aside from inviting him to my bed, there's really not much else I could offer to Kirame-kun here... Ah."

Clapping her hands together theatrically, the blue-haired woman beamed a suggestive smile.

"Now there's an idea! Right, Kirame-kun?" she asked far too innocently for it to be real. "My room is upstairs, so..."

Meanwhile, the old man looked like he was ready to fall out of the chair, thanks to how hard he was laughing.

Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 09:29
    Day - January 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    "Yes, I would like to! If it's not a problem, of course. And if there's anything left for me!"
    "Of course, of course! Come on, sit down!" Chelsea hurried to girl, planting her right next to where she had been sitting. Then she turned towards Muire, who already grimaced when he saw the excited expression on her face. "Muire! I can leave getting the breakfast to you, right? Lotsa everything, as usual! For both of us!"

For a moment, it seemed that Muire was about to complain. However, before Chelsea's absolutely radiating amount of energy, even he was powerless. Shrugging, he gave Anna a wry smile that seemed to say 'can't be helped, huh?', before giving a nod to the pink-haired girl.

"Alright. Sit down and wait. I'll be back in a minute," he said before heading towards the back of the mess. "Two Lotsa Everythings, coming right up."

As the young man had left the vicinity of where they were sitting, Chelsea slid back into the table and leaned eagerly over it, staring Anna with eyes brimming with curiosity. Whether or not it had been a good idea to indulge in the pink-haired girl's excited nature remained to be seen, but it was beginning to dawn that there was no way Anna was getting out of here any time soon. Or before a verbal bombardment of questions that was sure to start any second now. And indeed, a simple glance around told that most of the crew of Cross & Grace were men, and far older than Chelsea.

It was no wonder she was so eager to talk with someone of her own age.

"Sooooo~!" Chelsea said, grinning widely. "What's up, Anna? You manage to settle in yet?"

Time: 12:36 PM

Once in spirit form, it did not take long for Saber to reach the top of one of the larger buildings at the New Industrial District. It seemed to be some sort of office building, but frankly, it was hard to tell. The look of the city out here was so uniform that it became a sea no non-importance for someone like the Servant, and thus, only getting as high up as possible was the only thing that remained.

Once up there, Saber was able to get a good read of the land, as far as her abilities allowed her to. Out in the distance, far out in the sea, she could see the gathering of dark-looking clouds that covered the whole horizon. No doubt that was the famous 'Great Blizzard' that people kept alluding to. Soon enough it would hit Tengetsu, making sure that no competitor for the Mocking Grail could escape from the island. It would be kill or be killed, all the way to the last pair standing.

All in the eye of a raging snowstorm.

However, while the upcoming weather and the layout of this city part became abundantly clear to Saber, what also dawned to her was that she did not sense any overt signs of magical energy out here. Though it was not her main job, as a Servant, she was naturally able to sense some forms of spiritual and magical energy. And here, there was none. So either none of her future enemies had put up their hideout here, or then they were adept at shielding it from prying eyes.

... No, wait.

There was something.

Looking down from the rooftop, Saber saw some sort of large, white building in the distance, near the river that ran through the city of Tengetsu. It looked like an institute or a school of some kind, and now that she concentrated... she could definitely sense a faint amount of magical energy echoing from it.

Time: 13:05

It was an odd chase to be sure. Wherever the ghostly apparition went, Caster followed, never letting it out of his sight. Indeed, in that sense, it was less like a chase, more like simply following someone showing him the way. But in this case, it was not clear if the apparition even wanted to show Caster anything. Was it truly trying to just escape? Or was there more to it? As the chase grew longer and longer, a sense of doubt seemed to settle over the two of them.

Along the riverbank of the New Industrial District, leaving no footprints in the snow despite how odd it looked. Heading east, towards the ocean, and crossing the invisible border into the School District. Weaving through the building in a futile attempt to break the visual contact that the Servant had of its form. Finally emerging into the Harbor District, and crossing one of the big bridges that connected them to the main land.

About half an hour later, the chase finally came to an end.

Turning around a corner, the white-light shade ran towards an old, grey building before disappearing through its door, not even bothering to open it. It simply vanished to the other side, running forth like there was nothing there to stop it. Thus, what was left for Caster to see, was the large building sitting there like an old monolith, braving the sea winds of salt and cold.

"Tengetsu Maritime Museum", the sign above the door said.

The pup had finally been cornered.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maker
    Location - Yamaichi Shrine
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 11:52
    Day - January 13th

The path up the mountain twisted and turned underneath Maker’s feet, as the Servant in white made her way up the solitary road. In a peculiar way, the mountain itself felt like a living entity, attempting to force out an intruder it did not, could not, tolerate. Every step upwards the winding path felt more oppressive and foreboding then the last, the shadows deeper, the whisper of the trees more domineering. However…

Such things had long since lost their meaning to the maiden in white.

Perhaps they were never there? No. She could remember how it used to be. Long ago, when the responsibility of leading, of ruling, drove a young girl nearly insane with its immense weight. Those days when the fear of making a mistake, of any sort, had nearly consumed her. What had changed? Was it the experience? Had her successes confirmed to her the validity of her path? Or had the failures simply broken her down to the point where she simply did not care? Had it been love and support of those around her? Or had it been simply necessary for her to keep functioning as a human being?

…she couldn't remember.

It was strange. She could recite every decision she made, every word she uttered, every smile and every tear she she had seen on the face of her people. But… there were things that remained lost to her. Things Maker knew should be there, yet were not. Maker was herself. Of that there was no doubt. But the paths she had taken to get there felt hazy, missing or incomplete. Gone.

A photograph taken of a heartfelt painting.

But I have already accepted that long ago, haven't I?

She couldn't remember, but the certainty of it ran through her mind nonetheless.

She pushed open the large doors leading into the main temple building opened, revealing the darkened interior and the individual within. The oppressive nature of this place had not lessened even here. If anything, it had intensified even more, as it seemed to wrap around the tall priestess like a shroud, seemingly filling the very room itself with its presence.

Maker’s mouth formed a small smile in response, not one filled with malice, but with resignation.

“Greetings, priestess of the Orient. On these foreign shores, I am called Maker. As per the covenant of the Grail, I am here to notify you of our readiness for the War.”

Radiating what felt like an almost tangible aura of utter serenity and kindness, the Servant extended her hand towards the tall priestess standing in front of her.

“I'm delighted to make your acquaintance, miss…?”

Blog Entries
    Servant Archer
    Time: 10:30

Archer waited until the two strangers had disappeared before speaking. He hadn't moved or said a word throughout the entire exchange, leaving the dealings of youth to his Master while he made sure no one was around to take advantage of the distraction.

Helping others is never wrong, Xander. You have done an admirable thing.

Archer's voice was tinged with approval, the ancient king standing tall next to his Master.

While I sensed no outside presences during your conversation, that girl could see me, without a doubt. I will leave what to do with that information in your hands, but it seems she has no notion of the War. However, I feel she may yet have some bearing on our struggle, before the end.

Waving an immaterial hand in the air, Archer seemed to shake off the brief cloud of contemplation that had passed over his kingly brow. Clapping a hand on Xander's shoulder, the Servant grinned at his master.

And yet, here you have surprised me again! She is quite pretty, is she not? I didn't think you had it in you, Master.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Jack Elder
    Location - Outside The Grocery Store, Shopping District
    Time: 6:33

I had a headache. And not one of those namby-pamby little pins and needles you get behind your ears, I'm talking full blown migraine right behind my eyeballs. Just another pain in the ass hanging on my back and dragging me through this hell.

The Father once said to me, when I was young and impressionable and didn't have the word WITCH emblazoned above my head in neon lights that I was never to trust a beautiful woman.

Granted, he was old and embittered and outside of a sermon was the most curmudgeonly priest I'd ever had the pleasure of meeting, but in this specific scenario, he happened to have been right.

I trudged through the frost-swept landscape of this island of Tengetsu, having finally come to the city proper after a good walk. To be perfectly honest, it wasn't really that much trouble, I could make this walk easily enough on any particular day, being in particularly good shape if I do say so myself.

The main weight on my back was my... Servant in this war, Lancer.

Her attitude was painful enough to deal with, bringing to mind the most spiteful, heinous bitches I'd come to know through my short lifetime, arrogant, sneering, and a spitfire like I'd never seen.

But oh no, that wasn't even the worst part.

I should explain, when I'm not involving myself in a battle between godlike spiritual beings for the sake of a bit of wishcraft, I'm a private detective, I like to think I make pretty good scratch, and I'm a spendthrift by nature and necessity. Having the presence of mind, or perhaps the pessimism to prepare ahead, I'd placed a good bit of the money I'd saved in an account to be opened once I've been reported vaporized by some cataclysmic energy.

The rest I gathered from whatever I could scrounge up and took with me.

In a trip supposed to last up to two weeks, I had already lost a good portion of it in a single night.

You see, Lancer had stolen my wallet while I was in the bathroom having a good meal in the previous night, when she reappeared with it, she showed off what had to be the most gaudy, overwrought, needlessly flashy clothes I'd seen since I'd gone to Long Island.

Attempting to dissaude her ended in failure, this Servant simply didn't care about what I desired at all.

Still, at least I haven't been killed yet.

I stopped, having arrived at our destination and looked up at the sign, 'The Grocery Store'.

Okay, I'd seen at least half a dozen other grocery stores in the Taxi ride, why was this one 'The Grocery Store', did it hold some kind of rank over the others? Was it just arrogant enough to proclaim its innate superiority?

I guess I'd find out.

Hand still clenched in a death grip over my wallet, I walked inside 'The Grocery Store' to grab some much needed food and supplies. Heard there's some kind of blizzard coming.

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 08:53

Fukashigi Bandaifueki’s body is a warcrime. Without doubt, this woman’s every movement, the slight heave of her chest with each breath to the smile laced with venom as sweet as honey, could only be called an attack against mankind of the highest caliber. Be they sinner or saint, no man on this earth could ever deserve to be subjected to this woman.

That is what passed through the mind of Kirame from his place on the floor, still somehow staying upright while balanced with the back of his head and shoulders. For only a brief moment he managed to stare upward, to his host, Saishuki, scolding the blue haired woman in spite of her own ignorance as to what she was scolding her for.

"Aside from inviting him to my bed, there's really not much else I could offer to Kirame-kun here... Ah. Now there's an idea! Right, Kirame-kun?"

A premonition of a storm. Hands clasped together, the devil brought her lethal smile down upon the young man, pure and innocent of heart. He never had a chance. He never would. Everything would come to an end with the priestess’ next move.

If she’s allowed to finish her attack, he’ll die. Ryougi Kirame, Master of Artificer, really will die. Either by bloodloss, or by a stroke, or a heart attack, or all of the above. His life will come to an end.

"My room is upstairs, so..."

An open hand shot up to silence her with the universal gesture to halt.

“No no no,” eyes taking the shape of whirlpools, the dome of his head turning blue, Kirame stammered out his protest with the speed of a machinegun, “I don’t need that kind of hospitality. Hospitality is welcome, I’ll gladly accept, but not that kind. A meal, yeah, something more filling than burnt rice from a dusty, broken bowl. That’s the kind of hospitality I like. I’ll take that a hundred times over, that’s the kind of hospitality I could die for, so please…!”