Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mister Delacroix
    Phase: Day 3/3
    Time: 19:06
    Day: January 12th

"It seems that I have found someone." He made a small bow. It wasn't possible to give her the courtesy of a kiss on the hand, but in a state without a snack since the flight that probably was not a good idea right now in any case. "Delacroix is the name. It's French." A courteous smile was on his face as he decreased the distance between him and her until it was almost uncomfortable. To him anyway, to her it most likely already was.

"And I am sorry to disappoint, but I am also not here for the play. Though I am quite sure it will be a success, at least if the director works with the same diligence and care as you do." His smile was accompanied by a hoarse-sounding, almost silent laugh.

"I am in fact looking for somebody. He is, literally, a friend of a friend, or rather, a friend of a co-worker. A man called..." He fiddled with the letters, pulling the right one out, folding it so that only one line would be visible and then presented the name to the woman, almost pressing the piece of paper to her face. "Matthias Loch."

"I was informed he was involved in the management, but sadly I am at a loss when it comes to his address. I would be grateful if you could help me here Miss..."
    His face was maybe 30 centimeters from hers as he continued to speak. "...McKlennington?"
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Azama Tae
    Phase: Day 2/3
    Time: 15:01

"Ah... No, it's okay. You don't have to apologize, I've only just arrived."

I came prepared to deal with the devil in the most formal of ways. I knew beforehand I would fall prey to a joke or two while inside Otsue-san's domain, situation I am convinced I could handle with a fair amount of ease but... What I never expected, what managed to completely escape my calculations is the girl bowing in front of me. The sheer amount of energy in this person makes me lower my guard instinctively... And the moment I do, I realize I've been caught in a trap it won't be easy to get out. I do not want to make a show out of my arrival or draw any attention to myself, so I surrender and let the lady drag me by the arm, pulling me deeper into the temple-like brothel that is Shushin Koushi.

"..."

As we make our way towards the top floor where, supposedly, I am to meet Otsue, I can't help but to slow down the pace a little bit as we pass through certain rooms. Naturally I am aware of what should be going on inside, but my body reacts to the noise instinctively anyways. I've been on edge lately, and for this dangerous game I am playing, it's better that way. Unfortunately, being alert has played against me this time, because as subtle as I managed to be with my reaction, it couldn't escape the sharp eyes of my guide. With a soft pat and an awkward joke on her own, the 'friendly' girl tells me not to be bothered by what's going on at the other side.

"Ha ha..."

I fake a laugh although I am not convinced I pulled it off the right way. Her smile being so contagious helps a bit, but I can't say that kind of humor works on someone like me.

When we reach the fourth floor, the girl suddenly corners me and for some reason the surprise makes me hold my breath in. She quickly makes her inquiries, wondering who I am and what is my reason for being here. Naturally, I have come up with a bunch of excuses to handle this situation without raising any suspicion. Sadly, it does not seem like I'll ever get a say in the matter. In the blink of an eye, the self-proclaimed older sister Mika reaches the conclusion that I must be a new recruit, encourages me and offers to show me the ropes. I can feel my own expression darken and my face go purple as I wonder exactly how she arrived at that answer.

However, not even then I am given quarter, the devilish cat squishes my cheeks with her hands -which, I sincerely hope she washed- and without mercy as her eyes project some sort of fantasy I am not really sure I want to take a peek into. It would seem that she's very happy with the news... But I am afraid it is time to clear this miss understanding.

"No, I don't have a stage name..." Before that reply makes things even worse, I gently break away from her. Then, I cover my mouth with my fist and make a polite cough. "I am not a recruit. I am simply here to visit Otsue-san. I am a... Businesswoman."

You didn't expect me to say more than that, did you...?

"I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, Mika-nee."

I apologize with a small bow, in case she feels a little disheartened.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 15:23

"... Tetsu-jii's granddaughter? You're... you're that shrimp from way back then?" Sensei asked, looking like he had hard time believing it. For a brief moment, his eyes seemed to analyze Mirai from head to toe, before he finally succumbed with a sigh. "... Looks like it. I'd remember that bopped head from anywhere."
    It’s not like I’m that… Okay, I am that short. But still, bopped head? I’m perfectly fine! Nii-san and everyone else in the family are the weird ones, I can tell you that. Dissecting Servants… They can’t be serious, how am I supposed to take apart a spiritual being that has a facsimile of organs and flesh? Besides, I highly doubt there’s a way to stabilize it long enough for any meaningful experimentation…

But, right. Sensei finally lets me inside, and as I walk into the clinic, I notice the (tragically familiar) smell of tobacco and his inability to take care of himself. Just like Sensei, I suppose, to be like that. We make it to the examination room, which, thankfully, is clean, but as I put away my coat, he decides to light another cigar. He’s a doctor, he should know what smoking does to your lungs. And to smoke in the examination room, no less… He’s callously trying to kill asthmatics, jeez.

"So?" Sensei asked, now that Mirai was in the room with him. "Why are you here? I don't remember owing anything to that old fart anymore. The last debt was paid the summer before the last. And I really hope it's not about those aching legs of his, as I've tried just about every ointment available to man, and the answer's still the same: nothing will work. It's his age catching up to him, nothing more."
    “Well, about that…” He didn’t know? I could have sworn we told everyone we knew about what happened, but I guess Grandpa wanted me to tell Sensei. That’s why he sent me here, I guess, other than the main reason.

"... Don't tell me you're really..."
    “Grandpa left me his will,” I say, pulling down my sleeve, revealing the Command Seals on my wrist. “He grafted these on to me before he died. As for why I’m talking to you, he had some money to give you and he was curious about a few of your patients. I’ve got a letter in my pocket—if you want to give out the information, I can always send it to Papa now, since he’s the new head.”

I don’t reach for the letter. Rather, my arm is transfixed, showing him the real reason why I’m here.

To kill.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Time: 18:52

I wish the sofa wasn’t so lumpy. I mean seriously, are there dead bodies in this thing, elbowing me from beyond the grave?

No no no no no, you are not ripping up the cushions to make sure.

Still, the sofa at the least offered comfort, and comfort was something I gravely needed. God, why were rats so fast? The stupid squeaking furballs went everywhere! Still, I finally did catch them all and shut them away in a box in the attic... I think.

The shower I took after I finished sweeping was the second-best one I’ve ever had.

Still, I can’t sit here forever. I’ve finished my preparations, and I can’t afford to dally; I have eight other opponents, all of which are undoubtedly stronger than me. I need to do this, so I don’t fall behind!

~~~~~~~~~~

Xander Stone
    Time: 19:11

“It’s w-w-way too cold!”

I thought my parka would be enough, but I’ll need to buy underlayers if the nights will all be this cold! Still, the number of trees here is unreal. There was plenty of forest back... there... but it was nothing like this! They’re practically skyscrapers; these sentinels could put even the Business District to shame. But what’s really impressive is the snow. There aren’t even gaps between the trees; that’s how high the piled snow is along the sides of the path.

Oww... my stomach really hurts.
    I need to get a move on. I don’t have time to waste.

I have a long path ahead of me, so I need to take the first step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Anna Bernhart
    Time: 14:12

Anna spent the flight napping, mumbling to herself, or looking out the window. The excitement of air-travel wore off in the first couple of hours, so by the end of it, she was glad to be off the plane.

As soon as she was out of the airport, carrying her luggage in a bulky sports-bag, she deeply inhaled the cold, winter air, and slowly exhaled it out through her mouth, forming as big of a steam cloud as she could manage. It briefly covered her vision; Anna smiled, as if finding satisfaction in the act. She went about it in a loud, unabashed way, earning a few strange glances from some of the locals.

"It's so cold that I feel like I'm going to die!" She mumbled, shivering. Anna squeezed her nose with her glove-covered fingers, trying to protect it from the freezing weather. She lifted up a free arm to stop a cab, and curled up into a ball in its backseat. She told the driver her destination, and really hoped that the trip would take a while, and only because it was much warmer inside car.

While on the way, she curiously observed the city and its inhabitants.

Time: 14:43

Anna wanted the ride to go on for a little bit longer. After paying the driver, she moved out into the winter city landscape, the soles of her boots forcing a creak out of the snow with each step.

Time: 14:47

"Hellooo!" Anna yelled out upon approaching the docked warship, as if to announce her arrival, and made her way aboard. Her face was numb from the cold, but she was beaming with a warm smile, looking forward to meeting the crew again.

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:25

I forgot it took so long to get to the top of the Winding Path. Good thing I decided to wear a red jacket here. The birds were happily singing, the snow tranquilly fell, and the serene silence. It was so peaceful here that I almost forgot that there was a war about to happen here at Tengetsu. I reached the halfway point of the Winding Path, the torii. I thought it was odd that the torii was off-color because when I was here for a year, it was painted bright red like it should be. I wonder if the Shrine isn't receiving any donations for upkeep?

If it wasn't for the fact that I was examining the torii extensively, I would've missed the small girl standing there in the snow due to the fact that she was wearing a modified miko uniform.

"Welcome, first Master. To the Yamaichi Shrine."

First Master? Is she talking about the Holy Grail War? How does she know about it? Did Sourokurou-san tell her to greet people here in this weather?

"Thank you little one, but shouldn't you be inside at this time? It's a little cold out here. It'll be fine if you greet everyone at the entrance of the shrine right?"

I motioned for her to follow me further into the shrine.

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 15:56

"Now... what would possibly explain this sight before me? Are you a tourist, wandering about unknowing? Or perhaps a vermin, here to sniff secrets of ours? Depending on your answer, I may have to draw my sword, stranger."

“A samurai?” Observing the dress and composure of the gatekeeper. The unnamed swordsman, standing watch over the gate on a snowy evening was picturesque. The solemnity of his voice and the tender, yet sharp eyes he cast over Kirame delivered the image of the elegant samurai romanticized in stories.

"Or, mayhaps, you are of different breed altogether? I admit, you do not seem a tourist, yet to do not carry the air of a rogue here to plunder our mansion... but, yes. I can feel the danger in you. I am afraid that unless you give me a reason, I cannot allow such a dangerous man to meet with the mayor."

Standing amidst the cold air, surrounded by fallen snow, the swordsman took a step forward. As the samurai placed his hand over the handle of his sword Kirame’s own eyes sharpened, losing the aimless dullness they had been possessed by. Less tender than those of the samurai, Kirame’s eyes carried no air of refinement, no elegance. Harsh and undisciplined, simply the eyes of a killer.

Reacting on reflex to the samurai’s gesture, Kirame brought his hand to his own waist, but rested it against cold, empty air.

"So... what say you? A tourist? Or a rogue? Or something far different?”

“…” The Ryougi held himself in silence for a moment. The accusations that he was a rogue, that he was vermin, were clear provocation. There was no hiding his annoyance at the samurai’s words in the glare he offered him. Were he carrying a weapon it would already be drawn to challenge the gatekeeper, but today he was unarmed.

“Watch your mouth, samurai.” Kirame finally said, taking his sword arm away from his waist. Instead he gripped the left sleeve of his coat and pulled it back, showing three red, tattoo-like brands on his forearm. Whether the gesture meant anything to the samurai, Kirame didn’t know. If he didn’t, it was no concern, and if he did it would make his purpose clearer than any words. “I came to introduce myself to the mayor, not to fight.” Kirame’s eyes drifted to the samurai’s sword as he explained himself. “But if you go any further I’ll stain this snow red with your blood.”

Not a threat, but a promise. Having said his purpose Kirame pushed his sleeve back down, covering his arm again.
    Last edited by Spinach; February 12th, 2015 at 10:43 PM.

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 14:12

The ever-present cold of Tengetsu seemed to have seeped through the walls of the concrete monolith that was the International Airport, giving the newcomers a small taste of what awaited them beyond the doors of the building. The human wave of passengers emerged from the terminal in a hurry, eager to rest their weary bones in a place more hospitable than the aptly-named Snow Wastes; some rushed towards the side exit to the airport's parking, probably to be picked up by friends or relatives, while others made their way to the main gate, either to take a taxi from the cabstand right outside, or the train from the nearby station to the city proper. At the same time, there were also people rushing into the airport to catch an outgoing flight, dragging behind them rolling suitcases, screaming children, the whole works.

As for Astrid, she was content to take a moment at the airport's smoking lounge, watching the frantic comings-and-goings with considerably more leisure, her leather duffle bag that contained her belongings resting on the seat next to her. Her inaction wasn't due to the temperature —that could hardly be the case for any northerner— but the lethargy brought on by the long flight had yet to be flushed from her system.

But, she was finally here. In this island at the edge of the world, where the long winters had buried countless secrets from recollection, with another mystery soon to unfold.

And she just couldn't wait.

Crushing the cigarette in the glass ashtray on the table, Astrid exited the lounge, her right arm carrying her bag by the handles. Following the direction signs more due to their use of recognisable symbols than her passable knowledge of Japanese, she made her way to the waiting place of her final possession.

------

Time: 14:21

The screeching of tires and the roar of an engine filled the underground space, reverberating to an almost deafening level due to the enclosed nature of the storage. Making her way to the stall, Astrid smiled sympathetically at the disgruntled attendant, who was visibly wincing, not at all appreciative of the spike in volume.

"I'm here to pick up a vehicle under the name Hildebrandt." With a distinctive name by remote Japanese island standards, it was a brief affair to pick out the name, fill the appropriate paperwork, and have the keys in her hand. As the attendant led her to the parking space, she made a mental note to keep the noise down until she was out of the accommodating man's earshot.

Ah, but there it was, without a single bump or wayward scratch to be found on it. It seemed that when money was involved, people were capable of working miracles; and delivering a vehicle to an infamously wind-battered island by air seemed like one such miracle to Astrid, whose experience with handling fragile deliveries in much less hazardous conditions had been the source of much merriment and frustration to the various parties involved — with this very vehicle, no less!

A 1950 Triumph 6T Thunderbird, a vintage model she had gone to great lengths to acquire, and even greater ones to keep for the duration of her employment; a a possession she valued above all but very few things in the world. With her hands on the handlebars, hat tucked safely in the bag that was slung across her chest, Astrid felt, for the first time since boarding the plane, ready to confront anything Tengetsu could throw at her.

Time: 14:49

If there was a speed limit in the distance between the Airport and the fringes of the city, she didn't see any signs to indicate it. As such, the first section of Astrid's ride towards the School District was one continuous roar of the straight-twin engine, as she passed by vast fields thickly blanketed with snow, overtaking the occasional car like a ghostly rider, wreathed in vapour and the trail of cold winter winds. Upon reaching the borders of the city, she eased into a slower pace, not really eager to have a run-in with the wrong side of the traffic code, and she trudged along at that speed all the way across the School District, taking in the sights of busy streets filled with busy people, until she had finally reached her humble abode for the duration of her stay in Tengetsu.

At first sight, it was nothing to write home about, or even pay much attention to; which, incidentally, was very much the point. On second look, the small parking space —barely three parking slots in all— which was situated next to the hotel's outdoor stairs that led up to the studios, provided a much better alternative than parking her motorcycle on some sidewalk, to be impounded and manhandled by some inconsiderate brute. Praising her prudent choice in housing, Astrid brought the Thunderbird to a stop at the slot nearest to the hotel's entrance, which was separated from the parking space by a row of tastefully trimmed camellia shrubs in defiant bloom despite the biting cold.

Though it could not in good faith be called a lobby, the hotel's front desk was decorated in an unassuming manner, which nevertheless exuded an air of hospitality and tradition befitting what appeared by all indications to be a family business. While Astrid cast her eyes about the room, a shuffling sound could be heard in the room beyond the counter, from which soon emerged a fresh-faced, plainly-dressed girl, who seemed too young to be holding the hotel on her own. Perhaps she was filling in time for an older relative?

"Good day, and welcome to Ichifuji Hotel! Can I help you with anything?" she said in a practiced tone.

"Yes. I've made a reservation for a room, under 'Astrid Hildebrandt'," the suited woman replied, hoisting her back on her shoulder. "Two installments of the rent have been paid in advance." The young receptionist accepted that information with a nod, head almost buried in what seemed to be a traditional ledger. But after a short period of frantic page-turning and squinting, she lifted her head from the heavy book with a sheepish look on her face.

"Is there a problem?" Astrid inquired, for the girl to literally wave off her concerns with exaggerated motions and an embarrassed smile.

"A-Ah— no, no, your reservation is right here! It's just that...umm," she fidgeted with the sleeves of her cardigan, "h-how do you spell your name?"

Astrid wasn't sure whether to smile or sigh.

Time: 16:18

It took longer than she would have liked to settle her affairs at the hotel, but at least she was done unpacking and setting up before the sun was down, taking with him the modicum of warmth that kept the temperature from plummeting to truly frigid depths. Her belongings now secured in a small but cozy hotel room, Astrid had set out to the nearby Old Industrial District, driving down streets worn by many years of use, no thanks to the traffic brought about by the numerous factories which once dotted the area. A good number of them crossed into history with the great fire some decades ago, but some of those old buildings still haunted the streets Astrid passed — desolate giants of brick and mortar.

The building she was now facing was also a giant, though this one stood almost proudly, imposingly, the weight of years only having served to dig its roots so deep that even the Great Blizzard's relentlessness could not bring it down. Of course, that was as much a romantic concept as it was a concrete reality: the seat of Tengetsu's police commissioner was protected by much more than the able officers of the station.

In this island, he was one of the people who, for better or for worse, one should very much want to be if not in good terms with, then at least on the same page. And for Astrid, who was now making her way into the station, her motorcycle left at the parking lot, this was the continuation of a story that begun years ago; once lived through letters from the other side of the world, and now about to be revisited in the flesh.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura
    Time: 14:02

What...just happened?

One moment I'm getting thrown questions, both the expected and unexpected, and then the next a resonating smash, though it seems the only one caught off-guard by it was me. Everyone else kept on as usual, the questions dying down as the teacher calmed the class down, myself I looked to where that sound had come from. Twitching on the table was the poor victim, the redhead behind him from before looked on at him with a disgusted look...

Well now it all made sense.

"There's not much of the day left, but please, take your seat. You'll be able to get used to the class's atmosphere. You can take the seat... let's see... hm, yes. You can sit there, next to Kichiro-kun."

Ah, 'Kichiro-kun', so that was his name. Well, thank you for the valuable lesson.

With a nod I move to my desk, I guess it makes sense that it was empty beforehand.

Taking my seat however I feel a bit uneasy what with the downed guy next to me.

...He still seems to be twitching over the desk and not coming up any time soon.

I guess I feel somewhat bad for him. I may as well check on him, I'm probably going to how crazy this class can get but right now I'd feel wrong if I just left him like this.

"Hey, you alright there uh...Kichiro?"
    Last edited by Dranes; February 13th, 2015 at 03:24 PM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 19:08

"I was informed he was involved in the management, but sadly I am at a loss when it comes to his address. I would be grateful if you could help me here Miss... McKlennington?"
    For a moment, it seemed that Annabelle was completely at a loss due to the relatively unknown man she had just met getting way too close into her comfort zone. She stared at him, and the paper her presented, with wide-eyed confusion. There was no knee-jerk reaction of some invading her privacy in this manner, but there was no doubt that Delacroix had made her surprised. That much was clear from how her mouth hung slightly ajar as her eyes jumped from his face to the name on the paper in front of her.

... However, just as quickly, her confused expression melted into a smile that rivaled the sun above their heads.

"Woooow, you are friends of Matthias? How quaint! He truly does know the most interesting people!" she said with gentle voice. Then, without any warning or indication she was about to do so, she put her tiny (and rather cold) hands on Delacroix's cheeks and started massaging them like dough. "You are such a handsome fellow as well! Oh, I wish I had the same knack for social interactions as he does. I would love to have friends like you as well."

Giggling to herself, Annabelle continued kneading Delacroix's cheeks without any care in the world, her face still a beam of sunshine. If it had been just the action, then it could have, perhaps, be taken even as hostile sort. However, when it was combined with her tone and expression, and her choice of words, the truth of the matter became rather clear:

What was before Delacroix was a true, honest-to-god, airhead.

"I think Matthias is still inside. He was checking on the props the last I saw him," Annabelle continued. "Did you know, he truly loves this theater like his own child. He always has to double-check everything, even after the stage-hands have gone through with inspections. It is such inspiring dedication to his work~"

Still, despite informing the man before her where his sought-after acquaintance was, Annabelle showed no signs of relenting. Truly, it seemed that if allowed, she would have continued this strange warming-ritual as long as she pleased.

Time: 15:13

"No, I don't have a stage name... I am not a recruit. I am simply here to visit Otsue-san. I am a... Businesswoman. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, Mika-nee."
    The change in Mika's attitude was like night-and-day. After hearing Tae's words, she blinked once, before suddenly retreating a bit, allowing the younger girl some room to breathe. However, that didn't last long, because just as soon, the black-haired prostitute had latched herself onto Tae's like she had been a sexual leech of some sort. With a rather... suggestive... smile on her face, Mika began something that could be only described as "purring."

"Ooh, businesswoman, ya say? Whaaaat, mistress, ya should've told lil' ol' me faster~" Mika said, as she brushed herself against the smaller girl. "Here I went and made fool of myself, ahahaha~! Ya should've said ya were a customer from the beginnin'~"

Having taken a completely different approach to the girl now, Mika began leading her towards the highest floor, where Otsue was apparently waiting. All the while she did this, she pushed herself gently against Tae so that her "assets" lodged Tae's arm firmly between them. The smile on her face was nothing to sneeze at either. It was the type that could have melted any heart, and made one's blood start pumping like rapids.

"I've gotta say, ya have great taste, mistress~" Tae purred as they approached the only door in the small fifth floor. "Ya won't find better company than Lady Otsue, I tell ya. She don't care whether ya pee up or standin', she'll take ya to heaven and back all the same. Ya really know yer stuff, mistress."

Using her foot, Mika opened the door before them swiftly, without waiting for any confirmation from inside.

What was revealed on the other side was a room rather unfitting for a brothel. Instead of the sensual red or the dim lighting that was there to get the customers in the mood, the room had only single normal light-bulb on the ceiling. Not only that, it was surrounded on all sides by bookshelves, each of them packed full with books and files that almost sprawled out of their confinements. The only acknowledgment of the place the room was in was the small Japanese-style armrest on the floor, typical of a high class courtesan. And using that armrest right now was beautiful-looking woman wearing an expensive black kimono. Her free arm was holding a kiseru, the local variation of a pipe. Seeing the arrival of Mika and Tae, this older woman cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh? Who have you brought before me, Mika?" the woman who, judging by the aura of authority around her, could only be Otsue-taiyu asked.

"Oh, Boss, like ya don't know~" Mika giggled, looking affectionately at Tae. "This young mistress here has come to see ya. Ya, and not me. How is it fair that ya steal the most handsome ones from us girls, Boss?"

Time: 15:24

“Grandpa left me his will. He grafted these on to me before he died. As for why I’m talking to you, he had some money to give you and he was curious about a few of your patients. I’ve got a letter in my pocket—if you want to give out the information, I can always send it to Papa now, since he’s the new head.”
    For a moment, it seemed that Sensei's expression froze. It seemed that whatever he had expected to hear coming from Mirai's mouth wasn't certainly this. Then, after few seconds of silence, he leaned back in his chair and allowed the smoke to shoot up from his lungs, towards the ceiling. He looked almost like an old dragon as he did so. However, perhaps most surprising was the look on his face. While Sensei's face was still as impassive as ever, his eyes belied the truth. The held deep melancholy within them.

"So the old fart went and died..." Sensei softly said. His words were almost inaudible mumble, most likely meant for no one else but himself. "Figures. Just like him to take the great big leap before anyone else. Damn show-off. This is why I never liked you, Tetsu-jii. You old fool. If you had just given me couple more years..."

With a great big sigh, Sensei fixed his gaze back to Mirai, and the red brands she was presenting. There was no real surprise in his eyes, but his expression did harden considerably as he saw them in girl's flesh. Taking another drag from his cigarette, Sensei leaned closer, narrowing his eyes as he studied the markings.

"Are those what I think they are?" Sensei asked, shooting a glare at Mirai. "Never mind the letter now... if what I see right now are what I believe they are, then I should probably dig up that old fart from his grave and slap him across his smug old face. Sending his granddaughter to die in this god-forsaken place... what the hell was he thinking?"

It seemed that despite his apparent hatred for anyone who called themselves "human", Sensei had become rather agitated as Mirai's situation dawned upon him. Well, "rather agitated" in his case meant that he was smoking faster than normal, and his eyes had narrowed considerably more than they usually were. Still, he continued to stare at Mirai as if he expected the girl to offer some explanation, though he clearly thought it would be beyond naive.

Azama Tae
    Time: 15:13

"... Huff."

As Mika releases me, I am finally able to breathe out in relief. Though my demeanor is professional most of the time, I do not think there is a single woman out there who would not be embarrassed to be confused with a prostitute. In fact, I should be a little bit angry, but since this girl seems to be a pretty nice person despite her field of work, I think I'll let it slip just this once. The misunderstanding has been cleared and she seems even more willing to take me to her boss now, so I will offer no complains and let her lead the way.

"Wait..."

I instinctively take a step back as I feel danger approach a second time, making a plea to the girl that has been possessed by the soul of a predator, half-aware that it will never reach her ears. I retreat again but it's useless: We were too close to each other to being with... There was never a chance for me to dodge with the stairs behind me. And although I am caught at a disadvantage here, a part of me fears no amount of space would allow anyone escape from this woman's technique.

"N-No, you misunderstand. I am not a customer, either."

But any and all attempts to fight back prove to be useless. As if drawing enough strength to talk wasn't hard enough already with a stranger practically rubbing her body against mine, it seems she is convinced that rather than a busineswoman, I am a shy customer using that title as a cover. In other words, no matter what I say, the only responses I get are encouragement and praise from the enthusiastic girl. It seems that my poor choice of words have led me to an even more difficult ordeal.

"..."

But perhaps something good can be gained from this misunderstanding: If pretending to be a customer makes Maki less aware of my real reason for being here, then I could play the role of one. I'd then make the situation clear to Otsue-san and spare myself of any more sexual predators.

That's easier said than done.

Although it's my will to keep my head up, my gaze has fixed itself on my feet and I can feel warmth gathering on my cheeks. Naturally, there is also the fear of being seen under this circumstances, with a prostitute wrapped up around me...

The door that leads to our destination slides to the side swiftly, as if to put me out of my misery. Inside...

"..."

The sheer difference between inside and outside the room brings me back to my senses and allows me to collect myself. This is a sight I am more used to and, to an extent, it helps me relax. Straightening up, I muster strength to show no weakness, even as Mika gazes at me affectively, calling me 'handsome' and never leaving my personal space. The prostitute and the woman in the room, who I have no doubts is Otsue-san, quickly exchange greetings before their attention is once more drawn to myself.

... And it doesn't look like Mika has any intention of leaving us alone, at least not immediately.

"My name is Azama Tae."

Facing Otsue, I introduce myself and give her a polite bow. I can only hope that she remembers who I am.

"We talked a while back."
    Last edited by hero; February 13th, 2015 at 09:37 PM.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 15:24

Sensei looks at me, the smell of smoke filling the room. I cough. I cough in Tokyo too—Papa was very serious about clean air, so the house was always spic and span. But I can see those eyes. He isn’t as uncaring as he wants to imply, but it’s clear that he disapproves of what I’m doing. Of what Grandpa wants me to do.

“I... Yeah, they’re Command Seals. Grandpa called me back home a week ago and told me about the Holy Grail War and handed me the catalyst he used... in the Thirties. I asked him why Papa or Nii-san couldn’t do it, but he went off, saying a whole bunch of things and using names for genitalia that I’d rather not say right now. The point is, he thought they were too yellow-bellied to fight.” But that doesn’t address anything, does it? No, no. It’s why I’m fighting. Our family doesn’t specialize in combat magecraft. In a battle between magi, we would lose, ten times out of ten. There isn’t really a point. After all, a Servant getting someone like me would be getting a dead draw.

But... Grandpa is stubborn. He doesn’t like losing.

“He wants me to... make the same wish he wanted. The family dream. A world of perfect human beings, who doesn’t suffer from age or illness or injury. A world where everyone can see the Root at the very end. I know, I know, it’s just a dream, a paradise, but Grandpa told me to do it. I haven’t done anything for him... I’m just the second child of a magus family. In comparison to say, Nii-san or Papa, from the mage point of view, I’m more expendable. If I’m gone, the family doesn’t lose anything, and if I win, the family gets everything. Low risk, high reward.” Even as I say this, my voice trembles. But from the mage point of view, what I’m doing is perfectly right. I am taking a risk to benefit the family, the greatest any second-rate magus like me can do.

But from a human perspective, like the way Sensei views, it’s written all over his face, it’s wrong. I’m being sent to die for the slimmest of chances. But, even if it is wrong...

It’s what I have to do. As a mage. As someone who wants to help others.

I cover up the Command Seals and stare absentmindedly at the floor. I readjust my glasses. There’s no excuse, but... I just have to try. For someone.

But, there’s something else I’m curious about.

“What were you working on? The thing that needed a few more years. I probably can’t help, but I want to know.”
    Last edited by Katie; February 13th, 2015 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mister Delacroix
    Time: 19:08

"Woooow, you are friends of Matthias? How quaint! He truly does know the most interesting people! You are such a handsome fellow as well! Oh, I wish I had the same knack for social interactions as he does. I would love to have friends like you as well."
    It was a surprise, pleasant but nonetheless. The girl had randomly decided that the best way to great him was kneading his face. Maybe it was some form of greeting where she came from? There were always new things to be learned about this world. If it wasn't so awfully cold he would probably have found it quite charming but as it was it was discomforting more than anything.

But for now he could leave her be if she felt like it. "We're...yes, yes, we're friends."

There was that smell though. Something about her was, even in the snow, unmistakeably sweet. A good scent, not from a perfume or anything, no, her natural one. With her hands so close to his nose he might not be able to control himself for much longer...

But it was important to not leave a negative impression for now. This Matthias individual should not get any wrong impressions of him. On the other hand it was quite a long and uncomfortable fight, and just a small, little taste...

"I think Matthias is still inside. He was checking on the props the last I saw him," Annabelle continued. "Did you know, he truly loves this theater like his own child. He always has to double-check everything, even after the stage-hands have gone through with inspections. It is such inspiring dedication to his work~"
    It seems that some more intellectually fulfilling talk was impossible with this one. He had urgent business to attend to anyway. And yet, there was something strangely cute about her. It would probably be for the best to sustain a good image in the eyes of the townspeople, after all the man did seem like a bit of a suspicious character. A bit of smalltalk, and maybe a walk around town would be nice. Yes, social integration was incredibly important from a professional standpoint. Absolutely imperative. Professional. Neutral.

"Mmmrphfrgh"

The fact that her fingertips had now landed in his mouth slightly increased the difficulty of this though. It was just a light nibble, he was able to stop himself before he actually bit down on her fingers. Slowly and awkwardly he pulled her hand away from his face, slightly stained with his saliva.

"I uh, thank you. Very much. I'll go visit him then." He made a small bow before awkwardly moving on and entering the theater.

That was closer than he had intended.

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Time: 14:47

As my voice carried into the quiet, drowsy room, a sleepy-sounding voice floated up from behind the countertop.

"Hmm? a customer?"

The acrid scent of tobacco floated into my nostrils, I moved forward a bit, cautiously, the scent's source clearly behind the counter.

The head of a pipe rose up, followed by a hat, an untidy mop of brown hair, a pair of glasses, and finally, the middle-aged woman they were all attached to. Lazy-looking, but with hints of guile around the edges, what was before me was probably the Innkeeper.

"Reservation, you say? Are you sure? I hope you are, because I lost my reservations book yesterday, and I can't make heads or tails who's supposed to be lodging here and who's not," she said before chuckling, sounding a bit like husky-toned bear grunting.

"What did you say your name was again, boy? Morgan? How do you spell that? Mo-ru-gan? 模流丸? Huhu, you foreigners always have such funny names... gan... ahaha... Now I'm in the mood for some nikuman... *sigh*... so hungry..."

Her voice faded slightly, eyes distant, clearly focused on some meat-bun filled paradise.

I smiled, clearing my throat slightly, "Yeah, that's probably close enough, and I can sympathize, could go with a nice toasted sub myself, but, no rest for the wicked just yet."

I strode up to the counter proper, "As for the reservations, apparently the police department took care of things, was real decent of them to set me up here, looks real nice."

I grimaced slightly, "I really need to kick back once in a while, get off the plane barely an hour ago and already back at work," I sighed ruefully, "I'd really appreciate it if I could at least set my stuff down, it's never a good thing to keep people like Heads of Police waiting very long, and I'd rather not have my head bitten off this early into our working relationship."

Blog Entries
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:27

"Thank you little one, but shouldn't you be inside at this time? It's a little cold out here. It'll be fine if you greet everyone at the entrance of the shrine right?"
    Hearing those words, the blindfolded young girl tilted her head, as if she had not quite understood what Kiyoko said. And, judging by how her small body did not shiver a bit despite the chilly weather, perhaps she truly did not feel cold. At least she didn't show any signs of discomfort, standing there in the snow in her traditional clothing that would have much better served a slightly warmer weather.

".... It's fine. I'm used to it," she answered stoically, her tiny voice hiding behind it surprising resilience.

Still, despite what she had said, she still began moving after Kiyoko, her short legs quickly catching up to the older girl. Whether it was because she had been told to accompany Masters all the way to the shrine, or because she actually just wanted to get somewhere warm, she had opted to follow Kiyoko. As the two continued to climb the stone-path towards the Yamaichi Shrine, however, it quickly became apparent that the blindfolded young girl was not much of a talker. During the time, she never said anything unless asked a question, and even then, her answers were brief and to the point, said with as little unnecessary flourish as possible.

"... Almost there," the girl finally spoke of her own volition, and nodded ahead.

There, one could already see the spot where the suddenly steepening path seemed to dip over a hill into white nothingness. Truthfully, however, the hill only gave away to the plateau where the Yamaichi Shrine was located.

Later That Day... (19:25)

It took Xander some time to reach the dark-red torii that stood at the exact halfway point of the long climb up to the Yamaichi Shrine. By the time he got there, the clouds had began to gather up above, and already some errant flakes of snow had begun falling from the sky. Still, it was nothing out of the ordinary on this island, at least during the winter. Some snow was expected every day. Otherwise Tengetsu would not have gathered the vast drifts of snow that covered every street and especially the wilderness.

However, as Xander approached the torii, his eyes eventually noticed something waiting for him at its base. Dressed in white clothing and with a blindfold covering her eyes, a young girl braved this terribly cold weather without moving a muscle. The only thing that made it clear she hadn't frozen solid on that spot was the small amount of vapor exhaling from her mouth with every breath.

As the boy got closer, this statue-like young girl turned her "eyes" towards him, and then, with a voice as small as the flakes of snow falling from the sky, she greeted him.

"Welcome, second Master. To the Yamaichi Shrine."

Time: 14:49

The docks of Tengetsu were bustling with people despite the cold that covered the whole island. Or, perhaps, it was exactly because of that cold that so many people were up and about, preparing ships to head out to the sea so they could get out of the way of the Great Blizzard that could hit any day now. A ban on travelling had not been issued yet, as it seemed there was no immediate danger, but those who had lived on the island for more than a year knew how quickly the vicious meteorological phenomena could strike. Thus, any local ship that didn't want to be stuck on these grey concrete piers for few weeks was now heading out, like it had been the last call in a pub.

The only real exception to this rule was the large battleship that was moored on the northernmost pier. It was a large vessel, even for its intended purpose, and judging from how it looked, it must've been a prototype of some sort, thanks to its sleek lines and unique appearance. Therefore, it was no surprise that the local fishermen and sailors avoided that particular pier that Anna was now approaching.

"Hellooo!"
    Anna's yell pierced the crispy winter air momentarily as she tried to get the attention of the few people walking on the deck of Cross & Grace. While most of them seemed to pay her call no heed, one particular individual looked up from the ropes he was working with, and grinned at the sight. After a quick exchange of words with another sailor (and apparently switching of jobs, as the spoken-to person moved on to work with the ropes), the person in question hurried down the steps that ran at the side of the ship, before nimbly jumping on to the pier.

As he approached Anna, the golden-haired man gave her a friendly wave.

"Well, ahoy there, little lady!" The young man said with a grin. "Judging by what you're wearing, you're here on some official business. You couldn't be the replacement of poor Benedict, could you? I thought you weren't supposed to arrive until after the Blizzard. Still, it's a breath of fresh air to have you here so quickly."

As he finally reached Anna, the young man offered his hand for a shake, and winked an eye to the girl. It was clear that he was trying to be as charming as he could.

"Rain Fereshgical, at your service," he introduced himself. "And what might your name be, young lady?"

Time: 15:59

“Watch your mouth, samurai. I came to introduce myself to the mayor, not to fight. But if you go any further I’ll stain this snow red with your blood.”
    "My, how bloodthirsty," the samurai commented. However, he did not seem to be offended by Kirame's attitude. Instead, it seemed that he almost found it... pleasing.

Then, suddenly, with a flourish of his hands, the samurai let go of his sword and instead performed a deep bow in front of the Ryougi, showing him his respect. As he raised his head, the steel in his eyes had changed to slight warmth, which was a welcome change in this climate. Not only that, but a small smile played on his lips as he continued talking.

"I apologize if I have offended you, that was not my intention. Truly, it is the duty of a gatekeeper to protect his lord. Therefore, as you may understand, I have to gauge the mettle of every person that seeks to enter this villa. There was nothing personal in my little jest. Thus, sheath your killing instinct and relax. I have no desire to fight you, either," the samurai explained. "I am called Hakushima Munechika, and I am the retainer of my lord, Kameyama-dono. A pleasure to meet you, stranger."

Then, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly, Munechika's gaze focused on the red brands on Kirame's left hand, even though they were hidden by his sleeve.

"... As for what comes to those crimson markings, I am sorry to say that I do not know their meaning. However, I can sense that they are of great importance, and thus, most likely something my lord would like to discuss. Therefore, please: follow me, stranger. I shall take you to him," Munechika said.

Turning around in a flurry of ancient clothing, Munechika walked over to the sturdy-looking wooden gate, and the smaller door that had been embedded to its surface. After fishing out a large looking key in an iron ring from within his sleeve, the samurai inserted this key into the lock, and with a simple click, the smaller door in the gate came slightly ajar.

"This way."

Thus, the two of them entered the walled-off area of Senketsurinri Villa, with Munechika locking the door behind them. He then, as courteously as the best butler, led Kirame deeper into the area. As with the rest of the city, snow had piled up in here too, as icicles were growing from just about every gutter in sight. Still, it did nothing but enhance the beauty of the ancestral area, showcasing just how prepared even the people of olden times had been for Tengetsu's cold winters. The many buildings were made out of thick wood, and the large roofs were like peaks of mountains, making sure that the snow would fall quickly to the sides instead of piling up. The main building especially, large and imposing manor of darkened wood, seemed almost like a mythical beast of some sort, sleeping under a blanket of snow.

"So, what have you thought about our island so far, stranger?" Munechika asked as he led Kirame down the path leading to the main house. "Has it been up to your expectations?"

Then, as if it was an after thought, he scratched his cheek sheepishly.

"Oh, and pardon me: I never did get your name. Unless you want me to address you this brusquely, may I hear it?"

Time: 16:20

The Tengetsu Police Station, as usual, stood far away from the rest of the populace thanks to its location. It was at the very edge of the Old Industrial District, almost acting like it was holding up the dividing line between the old city and the new city. However, it also shied away from both, preferring to be its own unconquerable castle that watched over the city along with the talented men and women who worked inside it. In that sense, the building gave off a perfect aura for its intended purpose. The whole building was large and imposing, almost like it was to scare anyone who walked by it. Whether that had been the original intent of the German occupiers who had built it as their headquarters during the wartime, or if it had only gained it after the re-purposing, nobody knew anymore. However, it suited the men and women of Tengetsu Police Department just fine.

Outside the station, one could see multiple large patrol cars (more like jeeps with chained tires) ready to spring to action at a moment's notice. Even better, one could also see multiple snowmobiles, which were most likely the fastest way to get anywhere in Tengetsu. Vehicles like Astrid's motorcycle were faster in the city proper, but outside, in the wilderness, there was no better choice for a vehicle than a high-powered snowmobile.

And speaking of "things" that were outside the police station, waiting for something...

"Oooooooooi!"

There was a young woman right at the entrance, energetically waving at Astrid.

As Astrid got closer, the form of the young woman got clearer. She had a vibrant amber-colored hair and almost pink eyes that seemed to radiate with infinite energy. She was dressed in somewhat western clothing, though the black yukata she had wrapped around herself to keep warm was, of course, Japanese design. And despite her hair-color, judging by the features of this person, she, too, was Japanese. If not local, at least she was from the mainland.

As Astrid finally reached the girl, she seemed to straight up unconsciously, adopting (poorly) a more serious expression.

"We have been waiting for you," the girl said. At the same time, she was hastily rubbing her hands together to keep warm. The reason why she hadn't dressed more warmly even though she had been, apparently, waiting out here in the cold was anyone's guess.

"Thank goodness. You're so late I was beginning to worry you had gotten lost. I was thinking about going out to meet you at the airport if you hadn't arrived by sunset." The girl in the anachronistic clothing smiled warmly.

Time: 14:05

"Hey, you alright there uh...Kichiro?"
    The girl sitting behind Kichiro snorted derisively.

"Ugh, he'll be fine. Slugs like him will never die," she said, shooting a scornful gaze at the downed boy. Then the red-head turned her attention to Kirisaki, adopting more friendly expression. "So never mind about him! You'll find that we ain't got other idiots like him in this school, so don't worry. The rest of us are perfectly normal."

"I resent that notion," Kichiro groaned, finally regaining some life. "For example, we have violent bastards like you, Kato, who'll beat---GAH!"

That was as far as Kichiro got. With a judo chop that would have made Steven Seagal green with envy the red-head drove his face back to surface of his desk. Of course, this wasn't exactly the most covert option, and the loud bang earned the trio a scrutinizing glare from Miss Fukui. However, by the time the teacher had snapped her eyes towards the red-head, she had retreated back to her desk and was gazing out of the window with an innocent look on her face. Thus, with no direct evidence to see, Miss Fukui turned back to the blackboard.

"You see what I have to take every day?" Kichiro groaned out another whisper to Kirisari. "This girl's crazy!"

"Oh, shut it, you worthless bum," the red-head, apparently named "Kato", shot back at the boy. "Don't instill your delusions on the transfer student."

Time: 15:15
    Day: January 12
    th

"My name is Azama Tae. We talked a while back."
    Hearing that name, Otsue gave Tae an understanding nod and took a long drag from her pipe. She let out a cloud of smoke that drifted towards the ceiling, allowing the silence in the room to grow a little longer. Or, perhaps, silence was the wrong word. After all, Mika was still firmly latched on Tae's arm, and clearly had no intention of letting go of her supposed "prey". Perhaps it was just shrewd business sense, perhaps it was something else, but the woman rubbing herself against Tae was a threat in her own way.

"Ah, yes. Terribly sorry about that. I almost did not recognize you. I have to say your voice is much more... masculine, in the phone. I had to take a moment to connect it with how you look," Otsue said and chuckled, as if she had told a joke of some sort. "Still, it is pleasure to see you, Tae-kun. Please, sit down. We have plenty to discuss, I pres--"

Otsue-taiyu stopped herself mid-sentence, and suddenly shot a somewhat annoyed glance at Mika. The latter returned it with expression that was too innocent to be true.

"Mika. Could you stop it already? I think you have taken that joke far enough already," Otsue said, admonishing the black-haired woman. "You're starting to make Tae-kun extremely uncomfortable."

As if those words had been magical command of some sort, Mika suddenly let go of Tae, and laughed in her rambunctious way. Gone was the sensual, alluring aura of a highly-trained courtesan, trying to bed a rich client. It was more or less replaced with the energetic fervor of an older sister that she had previously displayed. Still laughing and grinning like an idiot, Mika patted Tae firmly on the shoulder.

"Aah, sorry 'bout that, love! Couldn't resist! Nyahaha, ya just had the 'em perfect expression, so I had to tease ya some," she said and winked at the young girl. "Don't hold it against me or Boss, would ya? Just a lil' gallows humor, as they say. Plus, yer rosy cheeks blossomin' look tots cute! Ya should try bein' embarrassed more often."

Giving Tae another series of pats (which were more like open-palm strikes than anything else), Mika descended into another giggle-fit. Only a glare from Otsue was enough to make this hyperactive cat get the hint, and with short nod of goodbye, she skipped over to the door. Before closing it completely behind her, however, Mika gave Tae one last grin.

"Oh, and ya can still call me, Mika-nee, love!" she said to the younger girl. "Everyone does. But if yer still angry, look tomorrow morning. I'll buy ya a drink or two! As an apology, nyahahaa~"

And with that cat-like laughter, she shut the sliding door and disappeared back into the staircase. Otsue could only shake her head at the sight, before looking apologetically at Tae.

"Forgive her. Mika is one of my best workers here, but her habits are... eccentric to say the least," Otsue said. "Still, she never means anything bad with what she does. That is just the way she bonds with people."

Time: 15:26

“He wants me to... make the same wish he wanted. The family dream. A world of perfect human beings, who doesn’t suffer from age or illness or injury. A world where everyone can see the Root at the very end. I know, I know, it’s just a dream, a paradise, but Grandpa told me to do it. I haven’t done anything for him... I’m just the second child of a magus family. In comparison to say, Nii-san or Papa, from the mage point of view, I’m more expendable. If I’m gone, the family doesn’t lose anything, and if I win, the family gets everything. Low risk, high reward.”
    Hearing those words, Sensei couldn't help but to adopt a slightly bitter expression, as if his cigarette had suddenly started tasting like lemon. He glared at the snow outside, but it was clear he was seeing something else with those pale eyes of his. Something that was enough to lit a slight burning flame of anger even within such unfriendly person.

"What a naive wish-upon-a-star..." Sensei muttered under his breath. "If you've got time to dream about perfect world, why not use it protect the people you're actually responsible for? Instead of having them die for nothing. As if something like that could bring forth perfection..."

The tone of Sensei's voice made it clear that he wasn't exactly happy with what he was hearing. For a person who had already gathered so much hatred towards the normal people, it was no wonder that he also felt disgust towards magi and their way. In that sense, the man before Mirai was the true epitome of a hermit. He hated everyone equally, both normal people and magi. It wasn't simply about rejecting the mundane or rejecting the supernatural; it was rejecting all those things around them, because at the end of day, he could not stand the sight of either of them.

Still, this time, there was slight shift in the direction of his hatred. It was not "just because." It was because of what he had been told. And thus, for the first time in a long while, Sensei wasn't glaring the person standing in the examination room with great annoyance.

“What were you working on? The thing that needed a few more years. I probably can’t help, but I want to know.”
    "Now? Now it's nothing more than collection of unnecessary papers and files and research tests. Not much use in digging it up," Sensei said and glanced at one of the cabinets in the room. "And I think you've got more pressing issues to occupy your bopped head with than the files and books that gather dust here. Like how a shrimp like you could even begin to hope to win a Holy Grail War."

Then, with a rather self-derisive grin, Sensei added:

"Then again, I suppose you have the advantage of knowing one of the few people on the island who have actually researched the Heaven's Moon ritual."

Time: 19:12

Stepping from the open white world outside into the warm, closed one of the old theater was like moving between night and day. It was not exactly dark inside, as the windows let the sunlight through and even some of the graceful lamps had been turned on, but there was a certain sense of a "closed space" within the building. The whole floor had been carpeted, and everywhere one looked, it seemed as if there was always a wall or a staircase blocking the view. Truly, the mismatched western architecture of the interior collided harshly with the eastern exterior, creating something like a hidden world. Of course, the true reason for this was the simple fact that the shrine itself was in no way large enough to hold an actual theater. Therefore, the back wall had been broken down, connecting the building with the western one behind it.

However, that was not all. For anyone who knew even a little bit about supernatural, the odd feeling one felt when entering the theater was familiar: it was the sense of a Bounded Field. Not just one or two, but dozen fields, all interlocked within themselves, superimposed upon each other so that they created a cohesive whole. Their purpose was unknown, but as of now, none of them seemed to be truly active. There was simply the feather-like weight of them pushing down on the shoulders of people visiting the theater.

"Ah, welcome, welcome!" a sudden voice, bright and clear, called out to Delacroix. "Sorry, I was a bit preoccupied with the inventory check."

Coming down one set of stairs was a black-haired man in his late twenties, yet with a face that looked like that of a teenager. He had eyes that shone with intelligence and smile that could have scared off any gloomy cloud. Truly, the man in the black suit was like a model in a way; beautiful to look at, but not too much that he would have felt threatening. If anything, this man gave off the atmosphere of someone with only noble intentions.

"I guess Annabelle must have directed you inside. Sorry if she said something strange. That girl can be a handful at times," the man said and chuckled as he descended to the ground floor. "Matthias Loch, the proprietor of Vollmond Theater. Now, how can I be of service?"

As he approached Delacroix, the man offered his hand for a firm shake.

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 15:26

"What a naive wish-upon-a-star..." Sensei muttered under his breath. "If you've got time to dream about perfect world, why not use it protect the people you're actually responsible for? Instead of having them die for nothing. As if something like that could bring forth perfection..."
    No, the question is definitely directed at Grandpa, but… Who am I trying to protect? Take care of? Not myself… Everyone else? But that’s so nebulous and vague… Even if it is the only answer I can come up with. I try to hide my frown as I think about it. Certainly… certainly there has to be a reason more than generic altruism, isn’t there? I mean, that may be a motivation in of itself, but with the way Sensei put it…

It seems really “empty,” to say the least.

"Now? Now it's nothing more than collection of unnecessary papers and files and research tests. Not much use in digging it up," Sensei said and glanced at one of the cabinets in the room. "And I think you've got more pressing issues to occupy your bopped head with than the files and books that gather dust here. Like how a shrimp like you could even begin to hope to win a Holy Grail War."
    “My head. Is not. Bopped.” I swear, it isn’t! There isn’t anything wrong with it! I mean, Papa may have eccentric ways about taking care of children, but I’m sure he had our best health in mind. Fairly certain, at any rate… “But, even so, research is always important to be made available, right? The more people who can chip in, the more likely progress will be made…”

That’s true, isn’t i—

"Then again, I suppose you have the advantage of knowing one of the few people on the island who have actually researched the Heaven's Moon ritual."
    …Wait a minute.

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh?”

When I assumed Sensei had recognized my Command Seals, I thought it was because Grandpa had told him of his old war stories. Not that he knew about the Heaven’s Moon ritual. Even so, this is great! I know Sensei wouldn’t leave me out in the dust… I think. Any information would really help out. And he’s right, in the fact I’m not exactly confident in how I’m going to achieve victory...

“Well, when Grandpa was babbling, he mentioned that there were Grail Wars in Fuyuki… Is the Heaven’s Moon ritual simply a copy of the same ritual moved to a different part of the country, or is it something different, with this Holy Grail War tacked on…?”

To be honest, the idea of this war is nebulous as best. If Grandpa didn’t vouch for its veracity, I would have never believed it. A wish? Nothing in life even compares to the value of a wish… And there is no way someone would simply organize a war to have a wish for free. There’s got to be some ulterior motive that Sensei knows.
    Last edited by Katie; February 16th, 2015 at 06:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mister Delacroix
    Time: 19:12

Compared to the airport and his own housing the theater felt almost regal. Sure, a bit of an architectural mismatch was obvious even to somebody like Delacroix who only had a passing interest in interior decoration, but it still had an undeniable air of class to it.

And with the creation of something beautiful and precious like this, naturally the need for a bit of security arose. He had invaded the space of a magus. Conditioned like a good dog, Delacroix immediatly started checking the corners and dimensions of the room and tried to peer behind every larger object he could find by performing strange leaning upper body movements, movements that would probably have made it seem like he was practicing for the stage.

"Sorry, I was a bit preoccupied with the inventory check."
    "Please, please. I am sorry. I thought about notifying you before I really do pay you a visit, but I had to rush..."

There was something here that required the extra protection, and it wasn't the expensive furnishing. But for now this was not the matter that concerned him.

It seemed that the trend of attractive theater employees continued with the other owner. For a moment he wondered if they both were stage performers, imagining them in a dramatic act of confession involving a balcony...it seemed almost too fitting.
    "I guess Annabelle must have directed you inside. Sorry if she said something strange. That girl can be a handful at times,"
    "She certainly is interesting. And open. A good trait to have, if you ask me, it signifies honesty, and that really has become rarer and rarer these days." He looked backwards over his shoulder towards the exit, hoping that girl wouldn't think badly of him about that little incident. For now the focus had to be put elsewhere.

"Matthias Loch, the proprietor of Vollmond Theater. Now, how can I be of service?"
    "Delacroix. I am a contractor for various interest groups, mostly working in human resource-related freelance work." He said as he reciprocated the man's firm handshake. "But I am actually here because of a friend of mine. A woman you know. A certain...Olga Nowak?"

His facial expression lost its welcoming touch and he let go of the mans hand. He raised his hand, index finger extended to the mans eye level and grabbed it with his other.

Accompanied by an almost silent grunt and an expression of severe discomfort the room was filled with a cracking sound for just a second. Holding his now visibly broken finger in front of the mans eyes he started to smile again.

Almost impossible to notice at first, but gradually the finger seemed to settle back into its old position.

"It seems we share a thing or two, Mister Loch. Is there a place where we can discuss this matter more private, or will this suffice?"
    Last edited by I3uster; February 16th, 2015 at 04:57 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Time: 19:25

Snow wafts down from the heavens, swallowing my footsteps, swallowing my breath and swallowing everything in my sight. Yet it cannot consume the sturdy gate that stands in front of me, jutting from the white landscape with a familiar dull red.

"Welcome, second Master. To the Yamaichi Shrine."
    And it cannot consume the slight girl standing at the gate’s base, whose words ring out despite their soft tone befitting the falling snow.

“Err...thanks. I mean, thank you.”

I need to be more certain, more self-assured. If even a mere greeting flusters me, then how am I supposed to survive an attack on my life? So I need to be colder. I need to be harder. I need to be stronger.

Still...she seems quite inconvenienced. A blindfold, and traditional clothes in the middle of this deep snow? Maybe I should...no, I have nothing to spare. Still...

Yeah, that’s something I’ll do later.

“I guess you have to wait for other people, huh? Actually, now that I think about it... who are you? I thought the supervisor was in the temple farther along, but was I wrong?”
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; February 16th, 2015 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Azama Tae
    Time: 15:15

"Don't worry about it."

Between Maki's teasing and Otsue-san's 'joke', I am not sure which felt more uncomfortable, but that's already a part of the past. So as I take a seat, I allow myself draw a rather nostalgic smile. There is no reason for me to be offended when I am certain that neither of them meant to do wrong, so why should I...? If anything, I am sure it will make for a funny memory some time in the future.

Needless to say, I do not let this display of pleasantness last for more than a few moments. As much as I long for a friend to share a conversation and a few drinks with, the truth of the matter is that I came here to discuss a serious topic. I have no time to waste on distractions... If there is a remote chance that the person inside this room with me holds the answers to the questions I have, then I won't hesitate to ask.

"I hope you don't mind if I go straight to the point, Otsue-san."

I realize that I know nothing about the owner of the brothel. Granted, to be standing where she is today, she must be someone powerful and with influence, perhaps even more than I was told. From her clothing, she's most likely rich or has lots of money to spare like me. But asides from that, I am in the dark. Information doesn't come for free and I could be dealing with the devil itself. If she's not interested in money, which is what I can offer with the most ease, who knows in what sort of thing I could get involved to repay the favor...? Regardless, I am not afraid. I am determined to keep moving forward.

Placing my bag on my lap, I open it and take a picture from within. I let Otsue borrow it and give her a few seconds in silence for her to examine it in detail and see if she can remember anything. The photo contains the object of my search, the main reason why I decided to fly to Tengetsu, even before those three brands that appeared one day on my right hand... Before receiving that letter which spoke of a war I never wanted to be involved with in the first place.

"Her name is Yomi. She's the one I'm looking for."

I came here searching for a clue that would lead me to this person.

Blog Entries
    Time: 15:28

“Well, when Grandpa was babbling, he mentioned that there were Grail Wars in Fuyuki… Is the Heaven’s Moon ritual simply a copy of the same ritual moved to a different part of the country, or is it something different, with this Holy Grail War tacked on…?”
    Sensei took a drag off his cigarette, and his brow furrowed. For a moment, he stared at the snow outside, as if he was gathering his thoughts. A minute passed before he finally looked back at Mirai. With his right hand, he opened one of the drawers on the desk he was leaning to, and fished out some papers. Most of them had been written in what seemed like German, but judging from how Sensei's eyes ran all over their surface, he could read them with ease. He did not hand over the papers to the girl, however, instead keeping them to himself as he began talking.

"According to my research, this is the second Holy Grail War ever to happen on this island... a ritual that has been dubbed as 'Heaven's Moon' by the selected few who know about it," Sensei began. "The first one occurred at the tail-end of 1914, during the stormy year that saw the beginning of World War I. Most likely the ritual occurred at December, as some eyewitness accounts from the mainland talk about "great northern lights" tearing up the sky in the direction where Tengetsu was. ... As expected, that was probably something that was created by Servant battles."

Taking another drag from his cigarette, Sensei leaned back on his chair and turned away some papers, revealing what seemed like extremely blurry and grainy black-and-white photographs. They seemed to show charred corpses on a beach, having been washed there by the tides. His lips tightened a little at the pictures, but he continued anyway.

"Considering the name, it would make sense that Heaven's Moon is a by-product of Fuyuki's Heaven's Feel. After all, that ritual had already seen two iterations before the first Heaven's Moon. However, I am not sure how much it can be connected to the ones responsible for the ritual on the mainland. You see, it was only couple of months into 1915 that the island fell under the rule of Imperial Germany. Most of the invaders were survivors of the Siege of Tsingtao, and they were hungry for revenge against the Japanese," Sensei explained. "They would have never let some local backwater occultists mess around with supernatural forces. Therefore, I think it's safe to say that no intentional transference or imitation happened between the two rituals."

At this point, Sensei frowned, as if the papers before him had given him a heart-burns.

"The problem lies elsewhere, however. When you think about it, the name, the Command Spells, the Servant system... they are all identical, at least from what I can tell, with the Grail War of Fuyuki. I doubt the Einzberns would have let someone just up and steal their grand work like that," Sensei said, tapping the papers with his finger. "So, it leaves us with a question: just how can these two rituals be nigh identical?"

Time: 19:15

"It seems we share a thing or two, Mister Loch. Is there a place where we can discuss this matter more private, or will this suffice?"
    Matthias Loch flashed another handsome smile at the display before him, as if Delacroix had just told him a brilliant, yet witty, joke. Chuckling a bit, he gestured towards one of the smaller doors in the lobby.

"Ah, I see, I see. So you are an acquaintance of Miss Nowak. It is great to meet you finally in-person, Mister Delacroix," Matthias said. "Please, follow me. I have a small side-room here that will be perfectly suitable for our needs. We can enjoy some tea while we discuss this situation of ours."

Having said that, Matthias walked over to the door he had pointed earlier, and put his hand on the handle. In that moment, something like a small spark of prana seemed to run through the wall, and there was a hollow, grinding sound so low you could barely hear it. It was almost as if something muffled had been moving behind the wall, where the door led. After waiting for couple of seconds Matthias then opened the door, revealing a dimly lit, yet extravagantly-decorated, room beyond it. He motioned Delacroix to follow him and closer the door behind them, and headed inside himself.

As the two men entered the room, the slightly overbearing watch of the Bounded Fields seemed to lift a tiny bit. Perhaps not all of the Bounded Fields were laid over this particular room. That did not mean their presence was gone, however. There were still some defenses in place. It could be that to reach this room in the first place, the duo had to walk through some of the spells.

After pulling one antique chair for Delacroix to sit on, Matthias walked over to one of the cabinets in the room. He pulled the door open, and strangely enough, something appeared immediately from within the furniture, as if it had been waiting for him.

... There was no other way to describe it. It seemed like a slightly greyish, oddly scaly-looking humanoid hand.

And strangest of all, it was carrying a full tea set and a pot of freshly-brewed British tea. Along with a small cup filled with jelly cookies.

"Cute, are they not?" Matthias asked, chuckling to himself as he closed the cabinet door, the hand disappearing back inside. "I named them 'Stagehands'. A bit corny, I know, but sometimes it is best to not be so serious."

After bringing the tea set to the table and pouring Delacroix and himself some of the fine drink, Matthias himself sat down. He crossed his legs and fingers, leaning back on the extravagant chair. It was clear that the young-looking man was at complete ease, and there was no hint of hostility in his smile as he gazed at Delacroix.

"So... it seems you got my letter. I am glad. I thought I'd have to resort to some more... absurd... means to get you here, but thankfully, it did not have come to that," Matthias said and chuckled. "So why not take this chance to relax a little? I am sure your journey was long and tiring. Feel free to drink as much tea as you can, and... well, you simply have to try the biscuits. Recently I've taken up the hobby of baking, and I must say, I am satisfied with the results. The jelly, especially, was a masterpiece."

With an elegant move, Matthias moved the cup of biscuits closer to Delacroix. And indeed, the sparkling-red jelly in the center of the cookies looked absolutely delicious.

Time: 19:26

“I guess you have to wait for other people, huh? Actually, now that I think about it... who are you? I thought the supervisor was in the temple farther along, but was I wrong?”
    "No."

The blindfolded girl shook her head ever so slightly as she walked over to Xander, and then took her spot besides her like she had been a particularly well-trained guardian dog. Of course, this 'guardian dog' was about 133cm tall and looked like she would loose in a fight against a particularly ferocious flake of snow, but still, it was the image that counted. Tilting her head slightly, the white-haired girl continued to 'look' at Xander, as she began speaking again.

"Izumi," she bluntly stated, pointing at herself. It was most likely some sort of introduction.

"Supervisor... waits. At the top," she continued. "I wait here. To show the way."

Then the impassive face of the girl shifted ever-so-slightly, producing something that must have counted as a "frown" to the ice-like little girl.

"Also... burned it. Breakfast," she added, a bit more silently this time. "This is punishment."

Having said that, the girl began walking forward, towards the temple that awaited at the top of the stairs.

Time: 15:17

"I hope you don't mind if I go straight to the point, Otsue-san."
    "Well, ain't you a serious one?" Otsue said and chuckled, taking a drag from her pipe. "Well, I don't mind straight-laced young ones. It makes a difference compared to Mika's company."

"Her name is Yomi. She's the one I'm looking for."
    Otsue received the faded Polaroid picture from Tae, taking a hold of it with her long nails. She brought it before herself, letting her eyes memorize every part of the girl that was the focus of the photo. It seemed to have been taken on a festival of some sort, perhaps a photo-booth, with a fancy Japanese-style backdrop behind the black-haired girl. The girl herself, though, was most likely not even in her teens by the time the picture had been taken. She had a warm smile on her face, and seemed to be dressed in Japanese way. The latter fact, combined with her Asian features, made clear that the girl was from this country.

Otsue's face showed no emotion as she studied the picture, occasionally taking a drag from her kiseru and letting out a cloud of smoke into the air. It wasn't just that she was trying to decipher whether or not she had seen the face of the girl somewhere. For someone like Otsue, it was most likely more akin to searching through data-banks, comparing the girl in the photo to every person she had ever met. Even to an untrained eye it was clear that Otsue was no slouch when it came to memorization, as she had almost immediately imprinted the girl in the photo to her brain.

"Yomi?" Otsue finally said, breaking the silence. "Yes... I remember her. She used to live her, somewhere near the southern edge of the Residential District. I think she was even born here. Used to run around with other kids from the neighborhood, bothering people... including me. Though... I think you already know that. I thought your face seemed somewhat familiar, if a bit more grown-up, Tae-kun."

For a moment, a flash of a warm smile passed on Otsue's face. However, it was quickly replaced by a more serious expression.

"She disappeared about four years ago, along with four other girls. Strange series of events. One even became a police case as it became apparent that girl had been murdered in a hospital under police watch. But Yomi... what was her fate...?" Otsue muttered, rubbing her temples with her free hand. "Let's see... four years ago... four years ago..."

Then, suddenly, as if an arc of lightning had passed through her spine, Otsue's eyes jolted open.

"That's right. On the day she disappeared, there was a shooting incident at the Fujimura Estate. Official record says that it was merely a firework accident with a faulty rocket, but everyone here knows that the police do not press charges against that family. Although I am not sure if it was connected... it might have something to do with this," Otsue said. "And... that's not all. It is also the day that Yamabe Tennou's wife passed away from her illness. It was all over the news, and overshadowed almost all other incidents. Figures. Let's see... what else..."

Knitting her brows together, Otsue finally arrived to one more memory she had regarding the time Yomi had disappeared.

"Just before that, the new mayor of Tengetsu was elected. In other words, it was the day that Kameyama Taruhito came in power. It is a long shot, but... it might have something to do with this," Otsue said.

After a moment of silence, she handed the photo back to Tae, while taking a third drag from her pipe. After she was finished, the older woman turned her attention back to the one before her.

"Is there any specific information you would want to know? It would help me narrow down what I need to remember."