Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Phase: Day 3/3
    Time: 15:28
    Day: January 12
    th

“Hmmm…”

It’s a lot to take in. But I’ve already grasped the gist of it. Cramming in pre-med teaches one how to do that. I review the facts, one by one in my head. But at the same time, much of the information is unclear. No doubt this is an oddity due to the fact the previous war happened almost a century ago, but still.

Time to get the gears in my brain moving.

“Well, first of all, the Imperial occupation wasn’t until 1915, correct? That doesn’t really disavow the idea of Japanese influence, since I assume you would need to prepare the ritual beforehand and rig all the leylines and such. This easily could have been done in the previous five years before 1914.”

Well, isn’t it true? It’s only post-1914 that the Germans really did anything, so I feel that Japanese influence must be considered. Think Sensei will chew me out, though.

“Not only that, but aren’t the Einzberns a German family? Even if the Germans got here before 1914, perhaps the Einzberns came with them and attempted to recreate a second Holy Grail War? Presumably they still have the knowledge of how the ritual works, and that while Fuyuki was an ideal spot for the creation, Tengetsu could have worked as well. And the Einzberns worked with two other Japanese families for the Fuyuki Grail, if Grandpa was correct. I’m not sure if they would be as pretentious to prevent ‘local backwater occultists’ from being unable to help. It could just as easily speed up the process and be more convenient for all…”

So far, I don’t think the answer is clear cut. I, myself am making assumptions I’m not sure are true. But even so, there has to be a reason as to why the war was replicated over here. Perhaps the Einzberns were impatient with the growing time gaps between wars?

Well, no, that’s wrong, because it’s been nearly a century since the last one, and the last thing I heard was that the Fuyuki wars had shorter intervals…

“So, I think it was possible for the ritual to be ported. Perhaps it was an Einzbern branch family or something. It would take a skilled magus to reverse engineer the entire system, and I’m not sure if that is humanly feasible, even with a team of say five experts. Otherwise, wouldn’t we have Grail Wars across the globe?”

That’s a good question… In the case of my theory, the Einzberns would only be limited by magical hotspots and could basically set up a Grail War whenever they feel like. Why choose Tengetsu of all places? The German Occupation? No, that happened after.

Dang it! I’m not getting anywhere. I feel like I’m poking away at a concrete wall, hoping it breaks.

“Other than that… Sensei, why do you know so much about the ritual? You find the idea of me participating distasteful, and I doubt you want to participate yourself. What drove you to acquire all of this information?”

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mister Delacroix
    Time: 19:15
    Day: January 12th

"Oh, a careful man. Lovely!" Delacroix's previously tense standing pose relaxed until he was almost hunched over, then proceeded to drag his suitcase with him as he followed the man through the door, careful not to scratch the expensive-looking floor.

As he made himself comfortable on the chair he more closely inspected the interior in here. As far as safe rooms go this was definitely a luxury version. He was almost tempted to ask for some details to improve the sparse one he had back in Miami but refrained. A bit of smalltalk was fine but prying for secrets, now that was just disrespectful.

But as he laid eyes on the man's peculiar familiars he couldn't control himself.

"Cute, are they not?" Matthias asked, chuckling to himself as he closed the cabinet door, the hand disappearing back inside. "I named them 'Stagehands'. A bit corny, I know, but sometimes it is best to not be so serious."
    "Now this...I am amazed, Mister Loch, I really have to say." Poking the wandering hand as it brought over the trays, carefully to not throw it off balance. "Are these antique? Phantasmal perhaps? Or is your passion for interior design second only to make-up artistry?"

"Cute, are they not? I named them 'Stagehands'. A bit corny, I know, but sometimes it is best to not be so serious."
    "I could not agree more. It's good to have a sense of humor about things." He said as he started slurping down the still-hot tea. "The lack of it should be reserved for our ideologically challenged adversaries. By the way I know you have called me, but I want to apologize in advance if my presence might increase their vigilance."

It was rare to be welcomed like this in the presence of another vampire. Small frys were often quite paranoid about every factor that would draw attention to their lairs or even existence, and Delacroix had never met a vampire that could be called truly powerful, not to speak of meeting an Ancestor. If he was honest, he himself didn't like "visitors of the lunar persuasion", especially amateurs that didn't know how to throw off trails.

"So... it seems you got my letter. I am glad. I thought I'd have to resort to some more... absurd... means to get you here, but thankfully, it did not have come to that,So why not take this chance to relax a little? I am sure your journey was long and tiring. Feel free to drink as much tea as you can, and... well, you simply have to try the biscuits. Recently I've taken up the hobby of baking, and I must say, I am satisfied with the results. The jelly, especially, was a masterpiece."
    "Don't mind if I do." There was a quite familiar taste to the products the man consumed, and it lead to a sensible chuckle. "Quite creative. I usually like more zesty preparation. Or the raw product of course."

After flushing the biscuit down with another small slurp of tea the man continued to talk.

"I of course have some questions for you regarding the possibility of...acquisition of a few familiars, you see, I like having a few sets of additional eyes where I work. But let's put that off for a bit. I wouldn't want to first abuse your hospitality and then immediately try to further load you with my needs, would I? Tell me Mr. Loch, what exactly would you like for me, and my currently, sadly, unavailable partner to do?"

As he reached for another biscuit he continued.

"And as unpleasant as it is to ask, what would my compensation be?"
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 15:30

“Well, first of all, the Imperial occupation wasn’t until 1915, correct? That doesn’t really disavow the idea of Japanese influence, since I assume you would need to prepare the ritual beforehand and rig all the leylines and such. This easily could have been done in the previous five years before 1914.”
    Sensei frowned.

"But by whom? As far as I have been able to piece together, Einzberns are the only ones capable of creating such as system in the full. I know that the two other magi families involved were there to provide the suitable land, as well as help for the Servant system, but as for the Holy Grail itself... that is something only the puppet-masters of Europe know about," he said, scratching his chin. "During that time, Japan had already started gravitating towards an alliance with the British Imperium. They would not have so easily worked together with German magi."

“Not only that, but aren’t the Einzberns a German family? Even if the Germans got here before 1914, perhaps the Einzberns came with them and attempted to recreate a second Holy Grail War? Presumably they still have the knowledge of how the ritual works, and that while Fuyuki was an ideal spot for the creation, Tengetsu could have worked as well. And the Einzberns worked with two other Japanese families for the Fuyuki Grail, if Grandpa was correct. I’m not sure if they would be as pretentious to prevent ‘local backwater occultists’ from being unable to help. It could just as easily speed up the process and be more convenient for all…”
    "You have a point there, shrimp," Sensei said and nodded. "I do not have any knowledge of the Einzberns being directly involved in the war, but some sort of under-hand deal has to be considered as a possibility. What I do know is that before 1914, no foreign people had stepped on Tengetsu's soil, however. This place was considered the boonies even by Japan's standards, which was why the Ainu culture thrived so strongly here."

“So, I think it was possible for the ritual to be ported. Perhaps it was an Einzbern branch family or something. It would take a skilled magus to reverse engineer the entire system, and I’m not sure if that is humanly feasible, even with a team of say five experts. Otherwise, wouldn’t we have Grail Wars across the globe?”
    Sensei took a drag off his cigarette, finally finishing it. He stumped it into the overflowing ash tray at the table, and heaved a heavy sigh.

"It would not just take a skilled magus. A mere branch family member could have hardly recreated the ritual system, especially in this environment. Tengetsu's magical capabilities are nowhere near Fuyuki or the Aozaki lands. It is just about capable of supporting the current ritual. If what I heard from one of my sources is correct, and the ritual in Fuyuki is actually part of something even bigger... well, it makes me feel almost as if Tengetsu's ritual was doomed to fail from the start," Sensei said, sounding a bit annoyed at himself. "Then again, we still know that the system in place here is capable of summoning nine Servants. So it cannot be said that Tengetsu's ritual cannot succeed. What is strange about is the island. Fuyuki is a far more optimal spot for something like Holy Grail War. Here, it is just like running a car with an engine with far too little power to properly make the vehicle function properly. For Einzberns, there is no real reason to create another ritual on Tengetsu. You noticed it, right? How big the gap between these two rituals has been. It's simply a waste of magical energy gathered."

“Other than that… Sensei, why do you know so much about the ritual? You find the idea of me participating distasteful, and I doubt you want to participate yourself. What drove you to acquire all of this information?”
    This question seemed to take Sensei momentarily by surprise. However, his surprise soon melted into a self-derisive chuckle, as he played with his cheap lighter. He stared at the object, as if seeing the reflection of years gone by in its surface.

"Idle curiosity, mostly. After arriving here, I came to notice something strange about this island. Or rather, a friend of mine who practices necromancy noticed it," he said. "The amount of people who have died here violently is far too vast even considering this island's history. So, I set out to find a possible reason for these deaths to keep myself occupied during the long winters. One thing led to another, and finally, I came face-to-face with the story of this ritual. Still... I never thought I would see it come back to fruition during my lifetime..."

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 16:01

"My, how bloodthirsty,"

A small smile crept onto the lips of the Ryougi. Somewhere in him he felt the samurai appreciated his response. Maybe as one who dedicated himself to the sword the gatekeeper was the type that relished settling matters with steel rather than words, or perhaps the composed swordsman simply put high stock in honesty, and could see that the one who had come to visit his lord was an honest man.

Ryougi watched and listened intently as the samurai suddenly lowered his head in a bow.

“Thus, sheath your killing instinct and relax. I have no desire to fight you, either. I am called Hakushima Munechika, and I am the retainer of my lord, Kameyama-dono. A pleasure to meet you, stranger.”

“... As for what comes to those crimson markings, I am sorry to say that I do not know their meaning. However, I can sense that they are of great importance, and thus, most likely something my lord would like to discuss. Therefore, please: follow me, stranger. I shall take you to him."

“That’s good.” That smile vanished as quickly as it had appeared. It was fortunate that his peaceful visit wouldn’t turn violent immediately, but the samurai had misunderstood Kirame. It wasn’t odd for the Ryougi to be misunderstood. His values and desires weren’t suited for understanding others, so it was natural that others could misunderstand them in turn.

As the samurai turned to the gate, digging out a key hung on an old style key ring, Kirame cooled his head. For now there wouldn’t be any fighting, to both his relief and annoyance.

"This way."

Kirame held back on immediately correcting the gatekeeper’s misunderstanding. Instead he followed silently behind Munechika as he led him through the property, taking in the sights that would normally belong in the history books. Old style Japanese villas like the one on Tengetsu were fewer and fewer in these days, but Kirame had visited a few in his time. Rarely did he go out of his own volition, instead simply visiting with his family when he still lived under them.

Still, he enjoyed such old style places. The air was always refreshing and had a sweet, nostalgic taste to it in places like these. Kirame wasn’t one to enjoy leisure and relaxation, basking in moments of peace amidst Japanese manors, but even he found such places pleasant in his own way. The more antiquated they were the more such places comforted him, making him feel at ease. The kind of peace of mind that even he could get lost in.

Kirame’s eyes wandered over the snowy ground, past the samurai’s back and to a batch of trees peeking their snow-covered peaks over the rooftops. One tree, standing taller than the others, drew his attention especially. The crunching of snow under shoes halved as Kirame stopped in place.

A view from the treetop came to mind, staring down at the rooftops, blanketed in snow. Laughter, and a smaller voice calling down to him from the ground, telling him to come down. A familiar scene that he had no recollection of. Dragged out by the villa.

"So, what have you thought about our island so far, stranger? Has it been up to your expectations?"

The elegant voice of Munechika cut through Kirame’s lost thoughts, and he pulled himself back to the present as the samurai spoke to him. Looking back to the samurai’s back Kirame set behind the retainer, the crunching of snow quickening as he caught up with his guide.

"Oh, and pardon me: I never did get your name. Unless you want me to address you this brusquely, may I hear it?"

“My name is Ryougi Kirame.” He brusquely introduced himself, eyes wandering around the grounds even as he spoke to Munechika. “It’s colder than I would like it to be. I’m well suited for humid summers. This is a little much for me, even if I knew it would be cold.”

Kirame dug his hands into his jacket’s outer pockets as if to demonstrate his discomfort with the cold.

“In that sense it only managed to meet my expectations. But,” Kirame said, eyes finally wandering to the back of Munechika’s head. “A samurai blocking my path was a surprise. If only a welcome like this had been waiting for me at the airport.”

He smiled as he spoke, thinking of the battle that might have been if he had come armed.

“I should tell you something, Munechika.” Not hesitating to call the man he had just met by his given name, Kirame addressed the samurai by name for the first time. “You misunderstood something before. It isn’t that I don’t desire to fight you, it’s that I didn’t come here to fight you. My companion would be upset if I returned in pieces without even speaking to the mayor, even if that is how I would prefer to return.”

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 15:30

“Ah, I see. The Einzberns are the only people truly competent enough to recreate their own ritual, but among them, only the main family. And even then, no foreigners have set on Tengetsu before the war… But you really can’t be saying that we, the Japanese, known for being backwater practitioners of onmyodo in the West, managed to replicate a Western ritual on some island full of poor leylines.”

This doesn’t add up. It’s an absurd mystery. Without any sort of foreign aid, there would be no way for anyone to recreate the Heaven’s Feel on Tengetsu. If we talk about magic practitioners in Japan at that time, only Chinese traditions and onmyoodo were still more popular and established compared to western practices. The modern, Western magecraft system was only beginning to flourish back then, due to the forced internationalism of the Meiji period…

“Some Westerner had to have gotten here before the Germans. I can’t imagine the alternative. It’s too… impossible to be true. Even if the land here is utter garbage, I don’t think there would have been any Japanese magus at the time who could have been that much of a prodigy to recreate the entire system, as you said. Well, whatever the case is, there’s not much information to go on. Nothing to exploit, other than idle speculation.”

This is frustrating. Dead ends are a part of life, certainly, but there’s so much at stake. Not having any useful information would just put me at a disadvantage, and I’m already a magus with no combat skill…

“But since we don’t know much, I’ll be hesitant to make the wish, if the chance is ever provided. The land here is worse compared to Fuyuki, so I doubt it could really grant what… Grandfather wanted.” It definitely sounds too good to be true. Perhaps the Fuyuki war could have granted the wish. But here, in Tengetsu? I have to be sure I’m not being conned. “I’ll make sure to be careful and try to find more about it myself.”

There’s something else that comes to mind, now that I think about it.

“Hmmm… Do you think there’s a reason why Heaven’s Moon has nine Servants and Heaven’s Feel only has seven? Fuyuki is far better land than Tengetsu, so why add more Servants which will only use more mana?”

Well, there’s not much to say after that, really. Sensei’s knowledge is too limited, but I have a better understanding of what I’m getting into. It… doesn’t really look all that bright, haha.

"Idle curiosity, mostly. After arriving here, I came to notice something strange about this island. Or rather, a friend of mine who practices necromancy noticed it," he said. "The amount of people who have died here violently is far too vast even considering this island's history. So, I set out to find a possible reason for these deaths to keep myself occupied during the long winters. One thing led to another, and finally, I came face-to-face with the story of this ritual. Still... I never thought I would see it come back to fruition during my lifetime..."
    “You know, Sensei…” I pause and a smile comes to my lips. “You’re a really nice person deep down, aren’t you? You just cover it up with your gruff attitude and your smoking and all.”

I laugh. I guess this is why Grandpa liked him so much. Sure, Sensei might be a jerk sometimes, but I think he’s soft on the inside, like a teddy bear. He’s not someone who’d toss someone out in the streets if they really needed help.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Time: 19:26

”Izumi.”
    “It’s nice to meet you, Izumi. I’m Xander; Xander Stone.”

"Supervisor... waits. At the top."
    So he hadn’t been mistaken; his destination was farther ahead. I flick my gaze downward toward the noticeably smaller girl. Perhaps she was an assistant at the shrine? She was certainly dressed the part, after all. If so, her dedication to guiding people to the shrine was admirable; only the most resolute would stand in this cold for hours without a guarantee of visitors to make the wait worthwhile.

"Also... burned it. Breakfast. This is punishment."
    Hold it in, don’t move a muscle, definitely do not laugh---!

Despite her involvement in this arcane ritual, she’s still a girl, it seems. Ah, I can’t get left behind here! With light steps, I follow the girl toward the temple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:27

Quote Originally Posted by Izumi
    ".... It's fine. I'm used to it,"
    "Just because you're used to it doesn't mean it's okay!"

After that remark, I tried to hand her my jacket, but she wouldn't grab a hold of it. So I had to be more aggressive then I would like, by dropping the jacket on her and then walking away. She tried to hand it back, but I kept walking and asked her some questions instead. Eventually, she gave up and just burrowed into my jacket like a cute little squirrel. I wanted to give her a hug right then and there, but I don't want to scare her off.

So instead, I asked Izumi several things about the events around here. She answered my questions quickly and concisely. But I managed to learn a few things about the last time I was here. Her name was Izumi. She was sent here to replace Sen-chan a few years ago. Her favorite food was baumkuchen (to be honest, it took me a moment to remember what it was).

"... Almost there,"
    "Oh you're right. Just over the hill and here we are!"

I climb over the hill to be greeted with the Yamaichi Shrine. Ah it's been awhile!

"Let's go inside Izumi-chan!"

Azama Tae
    Phase: Day 2/3
    Time: 15:17

I was shocked; out of words.

I came here in desperate need for a new lead, a vague hint that could put me back on the right track, but I got a lot more than that. In little over a minute, Otsue-san gave me more information that I could ever hope to gather in a year's time. It's hard to connect most of the events to Yomi's disappearance but now I know for certain that it wasn't an ordinary day when it happened. Fujimura, Kameyama, Tennou... Those names don't exactly belong to run of the mill individuals. The local Yakuza gang, the mayor and the owner of the most influential corporation here in Tengetsu. All of them could be related to this incident, just as none of them could.

I take the picture back from Otsue-Taiyu and return it to where it was before, inside my bag. It's too early to worry about who did it... First, I must find my friend and for that, I must focus on those events related to her. If there is a connection between Yomi and any of these people, I am bound to find it somewhere along the way. The truth is, Yomi and I haven't really been in touch the years before her disappearance, so I don't have a clue as to what's she been up to since the last time I spoke to her proper. In other words, I don't have a motive... No idea why she would disappear like this... Or why would anyone make her disappear.

"Do you know if Yomi was involved in any particular activity here in the island...?"

I should start by placing myself on her shoes, become familiar with her schedule four years ago. Naturally, I can't expect Otsue-san to know such thing but... If her memory was good enough to recall these things as well as recognizing me, I have faith that she will remember something. With that aside, there are two other things that interest me, one of them obvious. As simple as it is, it's a vital clue I require to finally start my investigation.

"Which day was this...? The day Yomi went missing."

Truth to be told, I could probably find that piece of information myself. After all, with so many events going on, it wouldn't be hard to figure out. However, it's best if I save my time for better questions, if I can have it answered here, right now. The other thing that interests me is well, the four other girls that went missing that day. That is something I simply cannot overlook...

"The four other girls... Do you know who they are...? Do you recall any of their names...?"

A shooting related to the Yakuza, the death of the wife of the most influential man in the island and the Mayor's rise to power. All of them could have been mere coincidence... As of now, and until I dig more into them, I can only regard them as such. But four other disappearances the same day...?

That's got to be something else.
    Last edited by hero; February 17th, 2015 at 09:37 AM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Anna Bernhart
    Time: 14:50

"Good day, good day!" Anna said, accepting the offered handshake with unabashed enthusiasm and a big smile to match Rain's own. "And no, no, I'm not here to replace Benedict (whoever that may be), and I'm not here to settle down for any other job, either." She looked over towards her luggage, which was still hauled on her shoulder, just barely not forgotten on the backseat of a taxi. She smiled at it sheepishly, thinking that the bulky bag was the reason for such an assumption.

"Anna Bernhart," She added, putting her hands on her sides, elbows perked out. She turned to look at the battleship, an elbow unintentionally pointed at the young man. The girl stared at the metallic giant in a childish kind of awe, a reminiscent grin almost proudly plastered across her face. The sort of grin that seemed to quietly brag about how 'she's been up there before'; it didn't really matter to her that she was speaking with someone who was probably constantly up there, and for far, far longer than her.

"It's just as grand as I remember! And all fixed up, too - I can't seem to find any of the dents from before... unless they're on the other side. Well, I guess it doesn't matter. A few scratches wouldn't keep this hulk down!" She gave the ship an approving nod and a relieved sigh.

After a nostalgic pause, she turned back to the blond man, her smile receding, but not quite fading completely.

"I would like to speak with the Bishop," Anna glanced towards the ship again. "Is he onboard? It's quite important. Please lead the way if you don't mind, Rain. Is it okay if I call you 'Rain'?"

Blog Entries
    Time: 19:17

"Now this...I am amazed, Mister Loch, I really have to say. Are these antique? Phantasmal perhaps? Or is your passion for interior design second only to make-up artistry?"
    Matthias smiled as one Stagehand suddenly reached out from behind the chair he was sitting in, handing him a neatly folded napkin which to use to wipe his mouth. The same happened with Delacroix. It seemed that whatever these things were, they had been trained to be very effective butlers, in a sense.

"Ever heard of Hands of Glory? You could call these distant cousins of those Mystic Codes," Matthias said, nodding to the hands before they disappeared back behind the chairs. "However, I hope you will forgive me if I do not reveal all their secrets. As you know, we have to keep a close eye on the methods of our craft, lest some outsider snoops it up and uses it against us."

"Don't mind if I do. Quite creative. I usually like more zesty preparation. Or the raw product of course."
    Matthias gave Delacroix a sly wink.

"Blame my Scottish roots. If you're from the isles, you just have to know your way around tea and biscuits."

"I of course have some questions for you regarding the possibility of...acquisition of a few familiars, you see, I like having a few sets of additional eyes where I work. But let's put that off for a bit. I wouldn't want to first abuse your hospitality and then immediately try to further load you with my needs, would I? Tell me Mr. Loch, what exactly would you like for me, and my currently, sadly, unavailable partner to do? And as unpleasant as it is to ask, what would my compensation be?"
    Matthias leaned forward in his luxurious chair, and for a moment, his eyes turned a little more serious. Still, he did not lose that charming attitude of his, staying a pleasant host even if the two of them were about to talk business. He set aside his cup of tea, steam rising from the dark surface of the liquid towards the ceiling. After a moment of silence, Matthias began talking, explaining the situation that had led to this meeting.

"Some years ago, as I understand, your partner was involved in an incident off the shore of Los Angeles, on a freighter named Sawa Maru. This incident in question happened to involve traditionalists extremists from Tengetsu, and whatever they were carrying on that freighter. You could say that the situation did not end well. In any event, if that was the end of that, I would not have bothered you by calling you here," Matthias spoke slowly, gauging Delacroix's expressions. "However, some time ago, a rather... uncivilized bunch arrived from across the sea on that uncouth ship of theirs. You most likely saw the news on the papers, right? Well, after their arrival, it seems that these gentlemen have been hard at work trying to uncover everything they can about Sawa Maru and the incident that happened on it, as well as the fate of a certain other ship. Whatever went on during that trip has these people searching every nook and cranny of Tengetsu, and, well... you can imagine how troublesome that makes things for me."

Matthias sighed softly and took a sip of his tea. He leaned back on his chair, and made a vague gesture with his hand, as if apologizing to Delacroix in some way.

"I have been forced to hole up in this theater for good few weeks now. Were it not for darling Annabelle, I most like would have been found out by now," he continued. "But the fact of the matter is that these gentlemen are far too interested in this incident to give up now, and I am afraid that things will turn sour if they continue as it were. Therefore, I have no choice but to turn to outside help, preferably one that already has great deal of information about what happened on Sawa Maru. And one that cannot be tracked back to me."

Matthias smiled slightly, swiping some of his black hair away from his forehead.

"As for what comes to your payment, well... if I have understood correctly, you are one of the participants of the ritual about to happen on this island, are you not?" he asked. "I would gladly assist you in some form or another, if you can deal with the threat presented by those hooligans. In other words, if you'll scratch my back, I shall scratch yours."

Time: 16:06

“My name is Ryougi Kirame. It’s colder than I would like it to be. I’m well suited for humid summers. This is a little much for me, even if I knew it would be cold. In that sense it only managed to meet my expectations. But... a samurai blocking my path was a surprise. If only a welcome like this had been waiting for me at the airport.””
    An oddly frozen expression momentarily overtook Munechika's face, but as soon as it had appeared, it was melted away by a friendly smile. For some reason, the warrior's tension that was hanging on the samurai's shoulders disappeared, and he seemed to relax his gait a bit more as he led Kirame deeper into the compound.

"I see," Munechika simply answered. "You should definitely visit our island at summer, then. Thanks to us being this north, we are not troubled by extreme waves of heat. For few months, this island turns into a surprisingly suitable summer resort. As for what comes to my, I admit, outdated attire, well... let us just say that as modernized as most of Tengetsu City is, there are still people who like to hold on to old values. Some, like myself, do it simply to honor the ways of the past. Others... well, there are those who find an odd zeal to their way of life."

There was no mistaking as to what Munechika was referring to. It was no real secret that the city was, ideologically, divided into two side. The loyalists and the traditionalists. However, clearly that did not mean that there was not some overlap. Just walking through the Senketsurinri Villa proved that as welcoming as the mayor was to new ideas, he still enjoyed the more natural, traditional aspect of Japanese life.

As the two of them arrived to the doors of the main building, Munechika was once again stopped by Kirame's words.

“I should tell you something, Munechika. You misunderstood something before. It isn’t that I don’t desire to fight you, it’s that I didn’t come here to fight you. My companion would be upset if I returned in pieces without even speaking to the mayor, even if that is how I would prefer to return.”
    For a moment, the samurai stared at Kirame in completely silence with an unreadable expression on his face. The only sound that permeated the compound was the distant sounds of the city on the other side of the walls. However, surprisingly enough, it seemed that Munechika was not insulted by Kirame's words. Instead, he nodded in understanding, as if he was thankful of the younger man clearing up this misunderstanding.

"I understand. Duty before personal vices, as they say," Munechika said. "In that case, I will gladly cross my sword with yours when the appropriate time comes, if that is what you desire. Turning such an earnest desire down would be rude of me."

Then, giving another smile to the boy, Munechika opened the doors to the main villa, leading them inside.

The entrance hall of the villa was as impressive as its exterior. The large hallway ended into a glass window which seemed to hold a small shrine of some sort, perhaps meant for the ancestors of the Kameyama family. This hall itself, however, branched into multiple corridors and doors that led to the other parts of the villa, meaning that the entrance hall itself had only one purpose: impress those who were invited to meet the lords of this house. In that sense, it was a very effective, and very ancient, way of intimidation. Even to this day such things were practiced by corporations and offices around the world, like animals trying to appear bigger than they actually were.

Munechika led Kirame to one of the side-corridors which seemed to lead towards north. The actual layout of the building seemed to be slightly confusing, mostly stemming from making it as hard as possible to assault by enemy soldiers. However, for people like the samurai guiding Kirame, there seemed to be no danger of getting lost. Indeed, just five minutes later, they had arrived before a rather grand set of sliding doors. Munechika knelt down and softly cleared his throat, announcing his arrival.

"Oh? Munechika, is that you?" a male voice full of strength asked from the inside. "What is it?"

"Kameyama-dono. I have brought a guest for you," Munechika stated.

"Really? Oh, sure, come on in, come on in! No need to stand dazing out there in the hallway!" the male voice answered, and with his permission, Munechika opened the sliding doors.

What was revealed from behind the doors was a rather amazing sight. The doors on the other end of the room had been opened, revealing a brilliant scenery straight to the snowy garden beyond it. There, despite it being this cold, a small pond still refused to ice over, most likely thanks to the warm underground water that was being pumped into it. And despite the doors being open on both sides, the room itself was not cold. There were some bright orange coals in the heating base at the center of the room, and it seemed that some rather ingenious usage of air conditioning was in play, as the cold air was heated up the moment it entered inside.

Leaning against one of the pillars that separated the room from the garden was a man in his early thirties. Much like Munechika, he was dressed in traditional clothing, though much more expensive ones. He also sported an eye-patch, and held a beautiful sword in his hand. The expression on the man's face was a friendly smile directed straight at Kirame. If anything, he radiated an aura of honesty. There was no doubt about it. This was the mayor of Tengetsu, Kameyama Taruhito.

Next to this man was another bodyguard, this one much younger than Munechika. He was dressed in rather antiquated clothing as well, though much more western-influenced than those of compatriot. Unlike the mayor, he eyed Kirame up and down with cold expression, as if the mere sight of him had displeased the youngster. In his hand he carried what looked like a small tea-set, most likely in case Kameyama felt like drinking.

"Kameyama-dono, allow me to introduce Ryougi Kirame. A man who wishes to speak with you about a matter of some importance," Munechika introduced Kirame.

"-----------!"

However, before either the mayor or Kirame managed to say anything, their voices were cut off by a loud clinking sound by a tea-set almost falling over. The young bodyguard standing in attention had nearly dropped what he was carrying after hearing the introduction, and now he stared at the young man before them with disbelief and shock in his eyes.

"... K... Kirame-kun?" the young bodyguard whispered, as if unable to believe his eyes.

Time: 15:33

“Hmmm… Do you think there’s a reason why Heaven’s Moon has nine Servants and Heaven’s Feel only has seven? Fuyuki is far better land than Tengetsu, so why add more Servants which will only use more mana?”
    "There would have to be some reason," Sensei answered and nodded. "But for the life of me, I can't think of anything that'd make sense..."

Sighing in frustration, Sensei put away the stack of papers that he had been holding, as if pushing away the matter completely. It was clear that all these questions did nothing to improve his mood. Just like Mirai, he was annoyed by how many dead ends and seemingly illogical facts were involved in the whole deal with Heaven's Moon. As a ritual, not much of it made sense. And in the larger scale of things, the mysteries only deepened. It was like some sort of logical puzzle with no real answer, at least in direct sight.

With a huff, Sensei brought another cigarette to his lips, and was about to light it, when...

“You know, Sensei… You’re a really nice person deep down, aren’t you? You just cover it up with your gruff attitude and your smoking and all.”
    "Wha--!"

With a grunt of surprise devolving into a fit of hacking cough, Sensei nearly swallowed his cigarette out of surprise. He coughed for a moment, hitting his chest with his fist in order to calm it down. When he could, he shot an occasional glare at Mirai, as if the whole thing had been her fault. As it mostly was. Eventually, Sensei managed to calm down enough to continue what he was doing. Grumbling, he lit his cigarette and turned his back to the girl while wearing a sullen face.

"Unbelievable... I'm helping your bopped head only because that old fart once helped me out...!" Sensei grumbled. "Don't go jumping to conclusions, you shrimp. This ain't a charity or anything like that! If you think I won't throw your ass out in the snow just because you're my niece, you've got another thing coming. Idiotic, good for nothing..."

The litany of annoyed murmuring continued, but it could not hide the slight pink flush on Sensei's cheeks.

Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:46

After that long walk, they had finally reached it. Yamaichi Shrine. The building that proudly stood at the slopes of Mt. Tenkiri, gazing over all of Tengetsu City like some sort of ancient guardian. At this height, it was higher than any of the buildings down on the city, and thus, the view from the plateau was breath-taking. Mt. Tenkiri, of course, continued ever upwards, eventually making way for the crater lake that awaited at the top. However, looking at any other direction, one could see the island of Tengetsu stretching out before them until it gave way to the sea that seemed to continued for all eternity. Somewhere out there was the main land of Japan, but even up here, one could not see it.

Instead, one had to gaze upon the ancient temple that had, most likely, withstood more winters than any other building in Tengetsu. Outwards it looked silent, almost empty, despite its large size. However, it also had a type of hallow tranquility that surrounded it that made people instantly straighten their backs. Despite not reaching for the skies, the sight of the shrine was still compelling, as if it had towered upon anyone who approached the building.

For just about anyone approaching the place, the first time was always an experience.

"Here we are," Izumi finally said, gesturing Kiyoko towards the shrine. "... Supervisor waits inside."

Her words clearly indicated that she had done her part, and that the girl should proceed alone.

Later That Day... (19:39)

After the rather uneventful journey up the path leading to the shrine, Xander and Izumi finally arrived to the plateau. Sun was almost below the horizon, and the last golden rays were giving a way to the darkness of the night. Still, Izumi simply nodded the boy towards the main building of the shrine, as if sending him on his way. She clearly had no intention of following him further, and judging from how she had been waiting for him down below, she would most likely head back to the torii.

"Unless you need... something," Izumi said with her quiet voice. "My work... is done. Supervisor awaits inside."

Time: 14:49

"As for the reservations, apparently the police department took care of things, was real decent of them to set me up here, looks real nice. I really need to kick back once in a while, get off the plane barely an hour ago and already back at work. I'd really appreciate it if I could at least set my stuff down, it's never a good thing to keep people like Heads of Police waiting very long, and I'd rather not have my head bitten off this early into our working relationship."
    A light-bulb seemed to light up above the owner's head, and she smiled lazily.

"Ah, you're Meiji-kun's reservation, right? He told me some foreign hunk would stop by," she said and chuckled again. She turned around, peering a the multiple hooks on the wall behind her with keys hanging from them. "In that case it's all worked out, yeah. See, I happen to know Meiji-kun from the waaaay back, when he was naught but a mischievous teenager trying to peep into the women's bath. Can't remember how many times I had to drive him away with a broom. He was like a tom cat, huhuhu~"

After a moment of searching, the owner finally spotted the right key, and fished it out of the hook. She handed it over to York with a smile, before sliding a paper in front of him. It quickly turned out that it was simply the receipt that he had, indeed, received the room as agreed to.

"Sign that, and the room is yours," the owner said. "You know how those boys at the police station are with paperwork, after all."

Time: 15:18
    th

"Do you know if Yomi was involved in any particular activity here in the island...?"
    "Well, I am not sure about her hobbies and the like. She turned rather reclusive during the years before her disappearance," Otsue said and frowned at the thin air before hair. "But I do remember she attended Sayoshigure High School. That's at the northern part of the city. There still might be a teacher or an old friend from that time period that remembers her."

"Which day was this...? The day Yomi went missing."
    Otsue tapped her chin, thinking back to the day that they had talked about.

"If I am not completely mistaken, it was 22nd of November. At least that was the day the shooting happened at the Fujimura estate. I am not completely sure if she did not disappear before that, as I wouldn't have heard from it until it had already happened. From what I gather, at that time, there weren't many people who were in contact with the girl," Otsue explained, looking a bit grim. "If I had to throw a guess, however, I'd say she disappeared during that week."

"The four other girls... Do you know who they are...? Do you recall any of their names...?"
    "Not much of the information was made public because of the situations, and what I know is only hearsay, but..." Otsue took a drag from her pipe and blew out a cloud of smoke. "There was one servant of the previous mayor. Another was an orphan girl living at the Yamaichi Shrine, apparently. The third one I don't know much about, other than that she used to work as a helper in the museum. And the final one... was, from what I heard, a relatively important member of the Fujimura family itself."

Otsue tapped away the ash in her pipe to a small little cup waiting at her side.

"However, do not mistake what I said. It was not as if all these girls disappeared simultaneously. It was during the same time-frame, yes, but not within the same day. I'd say the disappearances happened over the course of few weeks," she added.

Time: 14:52

"Anna Bernhart!"
    For a moment, Rain Fereshgical looked somewhat surprised, as if the name had rung a bell somewhere within his head. Then, with a slightly arched eyebrow, he spoke up.

"Bernhart? Are you famous or something? I'm sure I've heard that name somewhere before, young lady..." he said and grinned cheerfully.

"It's just as grand as I remember! And all fixed up, too - I can't seem to find any of the dents from before... unless they're on the other side. Well, I guess it doesn't matter. A few scratches wouldn't keep this hulk down!"
    Hearing those words was like somebody had lit up a match inside Rain. He suddenly clasped his hands together in realization, before laughing loudly and patting Anna on the shoulder with quite the force. It was the look of a man who had put together two and two and, strangely enough, gotten "Four" as an answer. In other words, he finally connected all the dots in his head, and realized why the girl before him seemed so familiar.

"Oh, right, Bernhart!" Rain exclaimed happily. "You were with us that night, right? Man, it's been some time. Good to see you're still alive and kicking. Lord knows our job ain't always the easiest, eh? Eh?"

He chuckled and nudged the girl playfully with his elbow.

"I would like to speak with the Bishop. Is he onboard? It's quite important. Please lead the way if you don't mind, Rain. Is it okay if I call you 'Rain'?"
    "Sure! Everyone else calls me that, so go ahead. Though only if I can call you 'Anna'," Rain said and wiggled his eyebrows. However, afterwards, his expression faltered a bit. "And... unfortunately, Bishop ain't on the ship at the moment. He's checking out what I was talking before. You know, the whole deal with Father Benedict. I dunno if you happened to read today's papers but... well, let's just say it hasn't been a good week for any of us. We're currently trying to deal with the aftermath, and it's keeping poor Bishop busy."

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 15:33
    th

"Unbelievable... I'm helping your bopped head only because that old fart once helped me out...!" Sensei grumbled. "Don't go jumping to conclusions, you shrimp. This ain't a charity or anything like that! If you think I won't throw your ass out in the snow just because you're my niece, you've got another thing coming. Idiotic, good for nothing..."
    I laugh and try to stifle the wide grin on my face. Sensei sure has some bark. I mean, no doubt he’d probably treat me like he did earlier if I weren’t family, but I think he really is a nice person all around. A doctor that doesn’t want to help anyone definitely can’t hold a job. Even Papa and Nii-san have an earnest desire to help people… even if they don’t care about who it is or what they’ll do to accomplish it. I’m just a bit more restrained, that’s all.

But with the end of the mystery, there’s not much for me to do here now. I just have a few more simple questions, and that’s all I need to do. Then I’m off to summon my Servant.

“Thanks for the help, Sensei, I really appreciate it.” It’s an earnest expression of gratitude, and I would hug him or something, but I get the feeling me might kick me and I’ll smell like cigarettes for the rest of the day. “If you don’t mind me asking, do you know who runs the hospital in town? I might wanna work part time. A cover up job, I guess. And your number, if cell phones still work during the blizzard. I can update you if I find any clues.”

Well, that’s not exactly true. Sensei’s clinic looks barebones as is—if I want to get some of the good stuff, I need to be in that hospital. There’s definitely going to be a stockpile of supplies due to the incoming blizzard. Any hospital would hoard to their heart’s content if something like that happened every year.

“Oh, and do you know of a relatively good leyline close by? I… Well, you know what I want to do.”

I just need a good spot. The rest, I can take care of. And then I’ll be all set.
    Last edited by Katie; February 18th, 2015 at 12:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:46

"Here we are.... Supervisor waits inside."
    Izumi-chan made a gesture indicating that she wasn't going to go further into the shrine. It isn't right that she has to stay outside during this cold storm! As much as she denies it, I think she would have gotten frostbite. Even if Sourokurou-san can heal it up afterwards, isn't that a little mean to stick her outside like that!

"Wait Izumi-chan! Before I go have these dango! I know it isn't anything like baumkuchen, but I'm sure you'll like it."

I originally got these for Sen-chan, but if she isn't there then I'm sure Sen-chan won't mind me giving them to Izumi-chan. I handed them to her and rejected any attempts of hers to return it.

"One more thing before I go, Izumi-chan. Can you promise me that you'll go inside if you get cold? I promise that I'll try to convince Sourokurou-san to at least have you greet everyone inside."
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; February 18th, 2015 at 01:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 16:06

"I understand. Duty before personal vices, as they say. In that case, I will gladly cross my sword with yours when the appropriate time comes, if that is what you desire. Turning such an earnest desire down would be rude of me."

The outsider smiled at the samurai’s generosity. Rare in these times would one be so willing to accept such a challenge, and few were the times Kirame had fought with such an agreeable man. He spoke of honoring the old times in his choice of dress, and it would appear that Munechika was a man of his word.

“I’ll be waiting for that time then.” Answered Kirame as Munechika led him inside.

Following Munechika into the entrance hall Kirame paused for a moment at the sight of the shrine separated from the rest of the entrance by a barrier of glass. Such sights weren’t uncommon in the residence of rich, older families. There were similar shrines owned by his own family, and he had always liked them. Shrines honoring the family’s ancestors, revering the family’s past, to see them was to see his own ideals given form.

Of course some families that wished to appear aged and prestigious would simply outfit their mansions with shrines of their own. Hollow eyesores devoid of meaning or purpose, meant only to bloat the ego of the family’s master. From the atmosphere of Senketsurinri Villa, the feeling as though simply by being here one had traveled back in time, to the composure of the man serving the lord of the home, Kirame didn’t doubt the shrine here was genuine in its purpose.

Giving the shrine his silent regards Kirame followed after Munechika once again as the samurai led him through the halls. The Ryougi for his part paid as much attention to the winding pathways of the manor, trying to memorize what he could, in case he was to visit once more during his stay. Likely such efforts were for naught, as the design of the manor would have failed in its purpose if a man could memorize the layout in a single visit.

Arriving at a notable set of doors that stood out compared to the others so far, Kirame stood and silently waited as Munechika announced his arrival to the ones waiting beyond the doors.

"Oh? Munechika, is that you? What is it?"

"Kameyama-dono. I have brought a guest for you."

"Really? Oh, sure, come on in, come on in! No need to stand dazing out there in the hallway!"

Kirame met the eye of the man resting beyond the doors straight on. Wearing an eye patch and with a sword in hand, Kirame naturally answered such a sight with a smile of his own, one that matched the mayor’s own friendliness, which might in fact be an infectious case. A feeling of openness seemed to radiate off the older man. Despite greeting the Ryougi with sword in hand the sight of the mayor, combined with the crystal blue pond at his back, made Kirame feel at ease. All of the anxiousness he had over the idea of formally introducing himself vanished in the mayor’s presence.

“Looks like everyone carries a sword around these parts.” Kirame paid no mind to the idea that he was speaking out of line, before even naming himself or being introduced by his guide. It was rare that he felt so natural in such an environment, but being greeted by men carrying swords brought a pleasant sense of belonging to him. Ever since he had passed through the gates that separates Senketsurinri Villa from the rest of Tengetsu he had felt at ease, and being greeted in such a way only made him feel even more at ease.

The smile began to fade as Kirame turned his attention to the other one in the room, dressed more western-style and seeming close to the Ryougi in age. With the tea set in his hands and his more western dress he almost appeared like a butler or some other form of servant rather than a bodyguard. Most notably though was the look in his eyes as he regarded the Ryougi. A silent greeting that Kirame reciprocated, the smile on his face losing its warmth as he answered the second bodyguard’s cold stare with his own.

"Kameyama-dono, allow me to introduce Ryougi Kirame. A man who wishes to speak with you about a matter of some importance."

"-----------!"

"... K... Kirame-kun?"

A short fumble with the tea accessories in his hands tore apart the brewing atmosphere between the two. The challenging glare Kirame had sent the bodyguard simply turned to one of confusion at the guard’s reaction to him. He acted as if he knew the outsider from somewhere, even repeating Kirame’s name.

“Do you know me from somewhere, tea-guard?” An idea that was possible. He had been traveling for quite some years now. He didn’t remember ever meeting the man, but certainly seeing him now and thinking about it, he didn’t seem like a complete stranger to Kirame’s eyes. “I don’t think we’ve met before."

Raising his hand to his head Kirame scratched his scalp, pondering.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura
    Time: 14:05

Ah, there they go again...I'm not sure what's more surprising, the fact that Kichiro is still conscious or that the desk didn't break under that chop. That last attack however didn't come without a consequence, the loud crashed rung through the classroom, silencing the class for a moment. A few of the students glanced to us, others just snickered silently like this was some sort of comedy...not far off the mark really.

It also got Fukui-sensei's attention.

Great start to my first day!

While I was ready to be yelled at for disturbing the class but that never came.

Damn, she's fast.

In no time, Kato had erased any evidence that would make it seem like she made the noise, the only telltale sign was the floored Kichiro and nobody seemed to care enough about the guy. If I looked hard enough I swear I could see his spirit going up to heaven now, maybe that run in earlier let me see ghosts or something? Of course not, that's just plain crazy and regardless he's still breathing, I'm not sure how but he is.

"You see what I have to take every day? This girl's crazy!"

"Oh, shut it, you worthless bum. Don't instill your delusions on the transfer student."

While they whisper, I can only give a low nervous chuckle, if by the low chance I was sent here to be some sort of peacekeeper I doubt I'll be doing a good job. Well at least it wasn't going to get boring around here anytime soon.

"Don't worry about that," I could make a sound enough judgment already about both of these two, "Is there anything I should know as the new guy here?"

Maybe this change of subject will calm them down.

Or maybe I've just made it worse now.

Blog Entries
    Time: 15:35

“Thanks for the help, Sensei, I really appreciate it. If you don’t mind me asking, do you know who runs the hospital in town? I might wanna work part time. A cover up job, I guess. And your number, if cell phones still work during the blizzard. I can update you if I find any clues.”
    "Ugh. Just try to keep your wits about you. We already had one unnatural death this week," Sensei grumbled, still refusing to look Mirai in the eyes. However, before continuing, his face turned oddly stiff, as if the girl's question had somehow made him think of unpleasant things. "The head of Tengetsu's hospital... that's Tsukuda Setsuko. An annoying little twerp who recently got promoted."

Having said that, Sensei took a little time to snatch a post-it note from the desk and wrote quickly down his number, before handing it over to Mirai. Or rather, shoving it in her hands. It seemed that his foul mood was quickly returning.

“Oh, and do you know of a relatively good leyline close by? I… Well, you know what I want to do.”
    For a moment, Sensei stayed silent, letting his cigarette burn on his lips without touching it.

"... The graveyard's southern edge, just few kilometers from here, is well-suited area. It's somewhat unguarded, though, so be careful."

Acquired Clue!
    [Basic History of Heaven's Moon]
    The basic history of the Holy Grail War ritual held on Tengetsu, as gathered by Sensei. While it does not go to specifics, it still contains the most relevant information and can be used for further deductions.

Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:48

"One more thing before I go, Izumi-chan. Can you promise me that you'll go inside if you get cold? I promise that I'll try to convince Sourokurou-san to at least have you greet everyone inside."
    Izumi stared at the dango in her hands for a good few seconds in complete silence. Then, slowly, she let her fingers find the edge of the small paper bag they were in, before opening the bag and fishing one stick of dango out. Gently, she brought it to her lips, before snatching one of the sweet spheres into her small mouth. Then, while munching on the said sweet, she turned to look into Kiyoko's general direction.

"Not easy. To get cold," she bluntly answered, as if rejecting the older girl's advice.

However, after another bout of silence...

"... But okay."

And having said that, she began walking back to the stairs that led down to the path.

Time: 16:08

“Do you know me from somewhere, tea-guard?”
    The younger bodyguard looked at Kirame as if his words had been a slap to his face. He put down the tea-set he was carrying, his whole body visible shaking as he was trying to suppress something. Judging by how the corners of his eyes had tightened, it was most likely an emotional outburst of some sort. The silence as the two of them stared at each other grew uncomfortably long. Both Munechika and the mayor quietly looked from the bodyguard to Kirame, and back again, clearly dreading what might have been coming next.

... The result was a tea-cup thrown surprisingly weakly at Kirame's chest, which it hit before dropping to the floor and breaking loudly.

"I-idiot!" cried out the bodyguard.

Then, before any of the men could stop him, he jumped down to the snowy garden and rushed away, looking like he was about to burst into tears. Only few seconds, and he was completely out of sight. Munechika looked after the receding back of his comrade, and scratched his chin with a troubled smile on his lips.

"Well... I suppose that was natural," he said, before glancing at Kirame. "The... situation being what it is, it seems."

Then, the samurai turned to look at the mayor.

"Kameyama-dono, if you'll allow it, I'll see that Sayokuni calms down", he said. His lord nodded with a stern look, urging him to go after the other bodyguard.

"Sure. Me and Ryougi-kun here can handle ourselves."

Thus, the mayor and Kirame were left alone in the garden room, with a somewhat awkward silence still lingering between them. Munechika slowly but surely walked after this "Sayokuni", his steps taking him out of view quite quickly. What was left behind was just two men and a broken tea cup, which the mayor eyed quite sadly.

"Aah~", he grunted, scratching his head. "I really liked that tea cup..."

Having said that, Taruhito looked at Kirame, and gestured him to sit down where the shards weren't.

"Well, let's not let that bother us. Sayokuni is still rather young, after all," he said, looking a bit apologetic. "Why don't you sit down, Ryougi-kun, and tell me what brings you to my humble island?"

Time: 14:07

"Don't worry about that. Is there anything I should know as the new guy here?"
    "Yeah. That this guy's the worst," the red-head called Kato whispered. Then, flashing a bright grin at Kirisaki, she continued. "And that my name's Kato. Kato Kairi. Nice to meet you, umm... Homura-kun, was it?"

"Watch out. She likes to act all innocent with the people who don't know her," Kichiro grunted, having recovered once more. From what it seemed, he had amazing tenacity, at the very least. "In truth, she's the most violent thing on Tengetsu aside from the Great Blizzard."

"Oh, shut up!" Kairi retorted, looking angry. "You're ruining my maidenly image in front of the transfer student!"

"Maidenly image? You ever had one?" Kichiro asked with a wicked grin.

Kairi answered with what could be only described as an animal-like growl, baring teeth and all.

"Ugh, you're even more fearsome than usual," Kichiro said, looking at the reaction. "Don't tell my you have 'that time of the month' again? Better keep your distance, Homura-kun, we're with a wild beast here."

"Okay, I take it back. You're not the worst. You're utterly despicable to the point you should just be tied to a heavy object and dropped to the ocean. That way we could regain some dignity as a class," Kairi answered, leaning back in her chair as if recoiling in disgust.
    While it was clear that these two were hurling some rather heavy insults at each other, the odd thing was that there was no real edge to it. Or rather, no matter how horrible things the two of them said, it was as if they had no deeper meaning. It was almost like other people had small-talk when there was nothing else to talk about. But when it came to Kairi and Kichiro, they simply tried to out-insult each other.

"Aren't you a little more snappy than usual?" Kichiro asked, arching an eyebrow at the red-head. "It's not like you to reveal your true colors in front of someone new... at least this quickly."

"Blame it on me being stuck here. If I got to choose, I'd have skipped these last few lessons already," Kairi commented, sighing in annoyance. "Not only do I have to stay inside the whole night, I also have to head straight home from school. It's ridiculous."

"Aah, right, right," Kichiro said, hitting his hand softly with his fist. "There was that freakish murder in that church near you, wasn't there? What was that all about? Was it some serial killing or something?"

"It's just one victim, so it can't be called a serial killing," Kairi answered. "Still, the local priest was cut up like a Christmas turkey, and all sorts of weird messages were left with his blood... or so they say. Ritual murder or something like that. I dunno, though. The police is not letting much information out, but I hear the local nun had seen the whole thing when she went to open the doors that morning. They say she... aaaaaand we're probably freaking you out, right, Homura-kun?"

Kairi grimaced and looked apologetically into Kirisaki's direction.

"This probably isn't what you wanna hear just after moving here, right? I mean, murders are a pretty nasty subject."

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 16:09

"Well, let's not let that bother us. Sayokuni is still rather young, after all. Why don't you sit down, Ryougi-kun, and tell me what brings you to my humble island?"

“A-ah, right…” Still confused over the sudden outburst of the bodyguard Kirame answered the mayor. With his eyes glued to the outside garden the Ryougi moved to seat himself where Kaneyama had gestured at.

Lowering himself to the floor Kirame sat down, his right leg folded like if he were to sit cross-legged, with his left leg stretched forward with its foot planted on the floor. With his right arm at his side Kirame brought his left up, resting it over his raised left knee.

“Uh, sorry about your teacup.” He sheepishly offered his condolences as he looked down at his chest where the cup had modestly struck him. “I’m not sure what that was about… but I guess it was my fault. Somehow.”

Still looking quite puzzled at the events that had transpired Kirame offered a questioning apology.

“Munechika seems to be taking care of it, but somehow I feel as though I should be the one in his place.” Saying so, Kirame leaned a little bit to look further out into the garden, trying to see where the trail of footsteps disappeared to.

Scratching his head, Kirame sighed.

“Tch,” giving up on the mystery of the one called Sayokuni, Kirame returned to the business at hand. He could apologize (?) another time, once this matter is resolved. “I guess I’ll try to save us some time.”

Much like he had before with Munechika the Ryougi pulled back the sleeve of his left arm, revealing the three red marks on his skin to the mayor.

“Do you understand the meaning of these brands?” Kirame asked, returning to his more composed mindset. “They’re the reason I’ve come to Tengetsu, as well as why I’m here to meet you.”

Azama Tae
    Time: 15:18

"I understand."

After speaking some more and clearing some misunderstandings, I've got all the information I need to start digging for clues. If I had a team, I could probably cover much more possibilities at once, but being alone and used to working solo when it comes to this specific matter, I'll have to tackle one lead at a time. With the date, the school and the four girls who disappeared... I've got plenty to keep myself busy for a couple of days at the very least. Yes, it's unlikely that I'll reach the answer I seek any time soon. But for this task I've got all the time in the world, and I am not going to let anyone take that time away from me.

"That should do for now, please contact me if you find anything that could possibly help me in my search."

We've already talked on the phone once, and I know where to find her. If I stumble upon a dead end, I know who I'll come here to visit. Now that I've collected the leads I needed, I am afraid it's time for me to leave. Besides this investigation, I need to keep up with a certain war. If I allow myself to fall behind there, things might get ugly. Granted, I could probably ask Otsue-san to help me with this as well, but I don't want to see her get too involved in my own business, for her own sake, so I'll keep my participation in the war a secret for now.

"And thank you. I've found more hope here than I expected to."

I bow my head, showing sincere respect.

I was a little cautious around the owner of the brothel at first, but now I feel the weight of a debt I must repay in some way or form. From the very beginning, this information wasn't supposed to come for free so, before I head out, I'd like to hear what this person wants from me in compensation.

"What would you like for me to do in return...?"
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Anna Bernhart
    Time: 14:53

"Haha, I don't remember this guy at all!"
    Anna thought, enduring the onslaught of Rain's backpats and elbow nudges with a friendly smile.

"And... unfortunately, Bishop ain't on the ship at the moment. He's checking out what I was talking before. You know, the whole deal with Father Benedict. I dunno if you happened to read today's papers but... well, let's just say it hasn't been a good week for any of us. We're currently trying to deal with the aftermath, and it's keeping poor Bishop busy."
    She looked at Rain with some concern. "Ah, really, he's not here? That's a shame. I remember reading about the incident, now that you mention it, but it wasn't much to go on," Anna hid her gloved hands under her sleeves, feeling them getting a little too cold for comfort. "Though, Rain, what's going on here? What happened to Father Benedict?" She briefly paused, looking away, and her eyes widened a bit, as if she came upon a realization of her own. "I'm not really here for work, but I'll be staying in Tengetsu; not even far from the pier. If you ever need my help, Lord knows I'll be happy to."

She smiled again. It was a polite and firm smile, one with which she tried to paint herself as a reliable, responsible person. Her almost childish features were causing a bit of a contrast, though.

"Well, Bishop or no, I would still like to greet the rest of the team. But if everyone's too busy for me, I guess I'll have to visit another time..." She frowned, her expression gradually turning into an over-exaggerated pout. The girl then exhaled, breaking out into a short chuckle, as if to say 'I'm kidding'.
    Last edited by Antary; February 18th, 2015 at 09:01 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mister Delacroix
    Time: 19:17

"Ah, yes. I've been informed about the incident." said the vampire, wiping the few crumbs he had in his face off in the tissue that the familiar had so carefully brought.

"I'll be frank with you, Mister Loch. This is pure insanity. The most I meddle with the Church is tapping them for information then doing my best to run in the other direction." He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table and resting his head on top off his hands. "If this were any other situation, I would have started laughing now, and I wouldn't have stopped until I left your theater, went through the city, to the airport, and into a plane back to Miami. But..."

He grabbed one of the cookies, waving it in his hand as if it were the baton of a conductor, hoping that Loch would follow his tempo.

"...but. This is not any other situation. I have already chosen to involve myself in lunacy, a upping the quotient a bit will not hurt. However, before we proceed, I have to make conditions regardless of any of your compensation. Four is the number."

Raising the finger of his cookie free hand to count the man continued on in a monotone, staring into the distance as if racking his brains.

"One. Everything you know, I know too. The moment the slightest change occurs in the unseen climate of this island, you give me a call, or send a messenger, or whatever else is possible at the moment. To intrude on the Church's affairs means I am out-gunned and outnumbered, so I have to make up in the intelligence department. And of course any information regarding the ritual also significantly improves my survival chances. I understand that there might be reservations regarding more sensible information but I'd imagine it'd be significantly better for you to tie up a loose end after an accomplished mission than it is to compromise an ongoing one and be left with nothing but a crew of habit wearers asking themselves why a vampire suddenly took so much interest in them." Pausing for a second the man looked Loch into his eyes. "You can make good on this one by telling me if you have any concrete plans regarding our friends."

Another finger.

"Two. I want control over your assets. Don't get me wrong, Mister Loch, I know that there are business you have to attend to, and that your disguise here should not be compromised. But anytime your precious little friend here is free to do a favor, or any other contacts you have, you will notify me. By my very nature I attract suspicion by the Church so any additional asset involved in this little game that is not of our kin or associated with us will allow me to work angles that would otherwise be impossible. You fear being tracked back so I will be careful, but to not have this option will spell death."

Third finger.

"Three. I want you to notify me of choice targets for personal use in this war. Bums, jobless teens locked up in their homes, whores, elderly, jetting businessmen, I could not care less. People that can disappear for a week without raising eyebrows. I know you must have some kind of source. Any of our kin has one. So let us talk sources."

Fourth finger

"And finally..."

The smile finally returned to Delacroix's face.

"You have to send me more biscuits whenever you make them. I would never have had second thoughts about coming here had I known about these in advance."
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 16:20

To be so energetic while dressed lightly in this kind of temperatures, the auburn-haired girl that was beckoning Astrid to come closer must truly be blessed with an inexhaustible drive; that, or extraordinary resistance to cold. When the suited woman walked up to her, the girl smiled warmly, and...

"Thank goodness. You're so late I was beginning to worry you had gotten lost. I was thinking about going out to meet you at the airport if you hadn't arrived by sunset."
    ...yes, definitely indefatigable. Astrid returned the smile with an apologetic tinge, one hand raised as if to admit a mistake.

"Oh, sorry, sorry. I wanted to make a stop at my lodging to leave my luggage, but the whole thing took longer than I thought it would. However you see it, it was my fault, especially since I was expected; doubly so to have made you wait in this cold," she added, and as if on cue a breeze picked up, making the girl's shoulders shiver.

Ah, the injustices piled upon novices and interns never really change. It's just that some can take it better than others.

Like this girl, who looked poised to hold a conversation right on the spot, if not for Astrid's timely interjection.

"Though, this isn't the time or place to talk at all, is it? Lead the way, officer." Placing her hat back on its perch, she impelled the energetic girl to move into the building before she put the old proverb of kind words and winter months to the literal test.