Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Phase: Night
    Time: 23:04
    Day: January 12th

"I ask of you....are you my master...whelp?"

"This Contract is complete." Caster grated. "Your wish is now granted. For I am Servant Caster, and it is my knowledge, and my power that shall protect you from harm, and guide you to the Truth. So prepare yourself girl...For with this contract, I accept you as my student. From this day forward, you will consider me your Shifu. And within you I shall evoke power, strength, and the ability to stare at the Truth with calm, unblinking eyes."
    I sigh. No doubt, no doubt, there is, without question, the very same Servant Grandpa summoned sixty years back or so. Pulling out a photograph in my pocket, I compare the bearded old man in the picture with the bearded old man in front of me. I smile a half-hearted smile—glee at being capable of summoning, but a sort of despair at realizing what I’ve really gotten into.

If Grandpa is right, he should be, above all else, a huge pain in the rear.

“Yeah, I’m your Master, Ca-Shifu.” I bow in respect, although I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be doing. I was never really raised to be a fighter, after all, let alone the student of a Servant. Training sounds like something that might flay me alive, one way or another. “My grandfather summoned you in the Third Heaven’s Feel, and now I summon you for this Second Heaven’s Moon. For both our sakes, I hope we are successful this time.”

I hope I didn’t say the wrong thing. Grandfather and Caster didn’t fail because of their inadequacy. They failed for… other, more complex reasons.

“My base is right here.” I point at the RV, which doesn’t look too impressive, admittedly. It’s comfortable enough to live in, I guess, although if Caster wants, we’d have to get out and train elsewhere. At least it’s an off-road vehicle—we can probably wander around as we see fit. “I’m… not the most martial of Masters, but I hope you can mold me into something greater.”

I gently dust myself off and look at the much taller man. He’s certainly intimidating, that’s for sure. I’m not sure how to deal with him, considering he is so much wiser and… more aggressive.

“Is there anything you wish to do? I was thinking that we should patrol around for a bit, but if there is anything you wish to do now, you should say so.” I don’t try to sound commanding, I try to sound friendly. But in this convoluted relationship, I’m not sure who is really the master.

Blog Entries
    Archer
    Time: 20:41

He stood alone, his fingers bleeding as he drew back arrow after arrow. The skies roared their hatred, the wind ripped the skin from his back as he fought his greatest enemy. Calling upon the name of the gods of old, eyes burning with the fervor of battle, he laughed into the wind, scorned the sky, cursed his foe. Everything he had given had been for this, everything he wanted would be gained from this. The earth cracked as he –

As I –

You need to wake up, boy.

I––

There is a battle to be fought.

The stone was cold underneath his bare feet, his toes grasping the earth, almost flinching at the chill. Eyes like slate opened to behold Xander, pinning him into place with their ferocity. He stood tall, shoulder-length white hair tumbling down his back as his eyes hardened even further, crushing Xander under their judgement.

Stepping forward, muscles contracting, Archer loomed over the redhead, his hand descending on his Master's shoulder like an iron bar. The scars on Archer's body, claw marks left by beasts that would destroy an ordinary man, had faded to a pale, silver color against his dark skin. The man did not speak for a full minute, his eyes mercilessly searching Xander's own, seeming to lay the younger man's soul bare.

Finally, Archer relented, and stepped back, the weight of the king's judgement receding as the ancient hero stood within the circle once more. Studying the boy before him, Archer let out a sigh. Opening his eyes once more, their gaze met, the Servant's eyes having lost some of their edge. Cracking his neck, he spoke to Xander with a clear, quiet voice that drew attention almost without thought.

"In response to your summons, I have come. I am Servant Archer, the Knight of the Bow."

It was a hard voice, a voice that had seen many things, the voice of a man who had ruled his land for many years. Still...

I relented after a moment, cracking my neck. It wouldn't do to frighten him off, but I needed to make sure he was willing to participate in this battle. From what I had grasped of his character, he was not the worst choice for me. And therefore, I spoke again.

"Listen well, boy. These battles, the heroes that have been drawn here, from the many paths of life are strong. Stronger than you. Possibly stronger than me. So, I need to know – and answer me with the truth – are you my master?"

Voice cracking like a whip, eyes harder than they had been before. His mettle will be tested, his sprit bent by outside forces. And that is why, when I asked again, I needed to make sure that his strength would match mine. If he was convicted, if he was ready...

I would support him with my power.
    Last edited by Mooncake; February 22nd, 2015 at 12:53 AM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Enchanter
    Location - Park District - Gongujoudo
    Phase - Night
    Time - 20:00

Aah, how nostalgic.

Humanity grew, expanded, covered the world, and sought ever more. And now, once more, it was time to stand on that stage. Or was it the first time? Dismissing the question, she fulfilled her part without hesitation, and once more took shape into the world.

The harsh light that had emerged from the summoning circle gathered, condensed, and by the time York's eyes had recovered a woman stood there. Of slim build, her pale hair elegantly matched the kimono she wore. The wind of the summoning that had already begun to abate caused ripples in both cloth and hair, making her seem as though she was merely a reflection in water.

She was beautiful, a strange, haunting beauty that appealed not to individual tastes but rather called back the very notion of beauty that existed in people's mind, as though she had been given form with that very intent. Yet, perhaps for the same reason, her features were nothing in particular; it was a beauty without individuality, that allowed no one to point to a single part of her that was greater than the rest.

The gaze that she turned toward York was filled with gentle indifference, as if it didn't matter what she would see.

"I am Enchanter, Servant. For the sake of the contract, I have answered my Master's summons. I ask of you, are you my Master?"
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster
    Time: 23:06
    Day: January 12
    th

“Yeah, I’m your Master, Ca-Shifu.” His new student said, bowing in an awkward fashion.

"Haaa...."

Such a person...

Caster sighed with annoyance. Just looking at her, he could see how weak people had become. A child of four in his time would have been more capable of learning the arts of meditation and combat then this frail half grown whelp. Well, a challenging student was the problem of the Shifu. But then she actually said something worth hearing. It seemed once before he had heeded the call for a teacher? Caster had no memory of such an event, but that was part of the rules of the war, and of Nirvana. The possibility existed. No, it was a certainty. The truth was plain in her eyes.

"Fought before did we? Your grandfather, I do not remember him." Caster said it plainly, without regret. "This world is still lacking in knowledge, else I would not have heeded you now, whelp. So we failed then? How...strange...Don't slouch!" Caster suddenly burst out in the middle of his thought. "Why are you lowering your eyes whelp, are you the cause of that defeat? You don't look sixty to me! Eyes up! if there was a failure it was your grandfather's. Or mine."

Caster caught a look of surprise at the prideful monk speaking of his own failure.

"Is it surprising I might wonder if my knowledge was insufficient? It seems....unlikely. But these eyes will never turn away from the Truth. That is something I will teach you as well."

“My base is right here.” the girl said rather doubtfully after Caster had finished, pointing at a large vehicle parked further away.

"..." Caster just stared in the direction the girl was pointing as if he couldn't believe it.

"You would...summon a Caster and then expect him to live in...such accommodations? ...Know this whelp, you prove the truth of your words more then you realize. Most Casters would be offended that their territory would look like this." At that, Caster let out a sardonic grin. "Well, lets just say I have some practice in staying in less then ideal circumstances. A roof and a cup of tea will suffice."

“Is there anything you wish to do? I was thinking that we should patrol around for a bit, but if there is anything you wish to do now, you should say so.” His Master said diffidently to him.

"There are a few things that need to be done. I see no reason to delay."

Caster pulled out from his gi several small slips of paper inscribed with text. A quick glance identified them as Sutra, small talismans with svadyaya, lines of teaching that were intended to denote the Way. The first went straight up to the sky. His master had done good work, his summoning location was a leyline, though not an especially potent one. Nevertheless, as a Caster, he could command the flow of prana, and as a result, claim it for his usage. The second Sutra flew off into the forest, its purpose unknown. The last Sutra hung in the air in front of his little Master.

"Take it." Caster intoned. "It is a sign of our contract. Used well, it will alleviate the burden of relying on your Command Seal. ...I suggest you avoid losing it, whelp." Caster added with an irritable note to his voice.

"Now, shall we see to these....fine accommodations you have arranged for us?"

Caster allowed his Master to lead him to the RV. A word he only understood due to the Mocking Grail's influence. The idea of knowledge gained that one had not worked for struck him as truly sinful. However, he himself had accepted the call to join this war.

When they arrived, Caster began his work. He carefully arranged 4 Daruma dolls at each corner of the RV facing outward. in the center of the RV's roof, he placed another sutra. With a snap of his fingers, the flow of prana began to shift up and around the vehicle, becoming something more then a simple mages abode, it was now that which was known as a "territory" The field and home of a Caster.

"Now hear this girl," Caster said has he worked "Patrolling? Tonight? I have no intention of wandering around with a newborn chick. Tonight, you and I will meditate, and you will begin to learn the art of centering yourself."

At that, he grinned a feral, ruthless look that did nothing to soften his brutish features.

"And on the morrow?... Your tutelage will begin. Earlier, you gave me a truth, that which occurred with your grandfather. In return, let me offer you the truth any master knows well..."

Caster's grin widened even further.

"A student's ears are located on his back and on his backside. He hears more, learns more when he is being beaten. You will not sleep tonight, due to your meditations, but I suggest you get whatever rest you can. Tomorrow I will demonstrate that truth in earnest."
    Last edited by Tobias; February 27th, 2015 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone

In a rush of wind and a swirl of prana, a man stands before me.

A powerful body, scarred with the memories of countless battles. A proud bearing, emanating strength and regality.

And eyes of cold and unforgiving steel.

Once again I am being judged, once again I am found wanting, once again I have failed---!

A single mighty arm slams against my shoulder. I am too paralyzed to move, to react, to even breathe as he studies me. Those eyes of stone are prising me open and assessing my very being.

Yet, this is not the same.

This is no cave. I am no boy. This is a beginning, not an end. I am Xander Stone, and I will not be found wanting here!

And just as suddenly, the man steps back into the circle, his eyes no longer so cold and his manner almost casual.

"In response to your summons, I have come. I am Servant Archer, the Knight of the Bow, and I ask of you – are you my master?"
    That’s who he was, then. The Servant Archer, a Heroic Spirit called to my side. Somehow, even knowing this was - not quite refreshing, per se - but something to focus on, a bulwark of information to rely upon.

"Listen well, boy. These battles, the heroes that have been drawn here, from the many paths of life are strong. Stronger than you. Possibly stronger than me. So, I need to know – and answer me with the truth – are you my master?"
    His voice bore down once more with the force of an avalanche, each word stronger than before, each syllable a weight meant to crush. Archer speaks the truth; my foes are undoubtedly stronger than I. To deny my fear would be the greatest falsehood.

Even so, I have to fight. I have chained myself to Archer, and thus I have a duty to fight by his side. And most of all...

...I must fight for myself.

I close my eyes and release a breath I hadn’t realized I’d held.

I raise my head to meet the eyes of Archer, as harsh and cold as stone.

“I am Xander Stone, your ally and Master in this Holy Grail War.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 23:09

"Fought before did we? Your grandfather, I do not remember him." Caster said it plainly, without regret. "This world is still lacking in knowledge, else I would not have heeded you now, whelp. So we failed then? How...strange...Don't slouch!" Caster suddenly burst out in the middle of his thought. "Why are you lowering your eyes whelp, are you the cause of that defeat? You don't look sixty to me! Eyes up! if there was a failure it was your grandfather's. Or mine."
    “Y-yes!” Honestly, I think my posture is fine… But whatever to please. In the end, I need a Servant to win the war, whether I like it or not. And someone I already know, at least somewhat, feels like a more comforting pick than digging into the abyss of the blind.

I’m rather grateful that he only chides me for the base… I mean, it’s all I have. A house with actual accommodations would just… irritate Papa. We have a lot of money, I suppose, but not as much as I need. Enough to get by, and for this month, I only need to get by.

Assuming I survive. At this point, isn’t it rather questionable?

I take the sutra from the air, admiring its arcane quality. Prana flows through it like a web, a strong, unimaginable web. Definitely something that most modern mages couldn’t pull off these days. And I know what the sutra is for. An explanation isn’t necessary, and I don’t feel the need to ask for one. At least… Grandfather did tell me enough about my Servant as to be… not completely dominated.

He labels the RV as his territory, something I can’t say isn’t unexpected. All mages, even this… tenuous example of a mage, need one. I’m sure I can get everything I need in the case of an emergency, although I feel that I need to clear some space for Caster and whatever he wants me to do. In fact, I should get to that right—

"Now hear this girl," Caster said has he worked "Patrolling? Tonight? I have no intention of wandering around with a newborn chick. Tonight, you and I will meditate, and you will begin to learn the art of centering yourself."

At that, he grinned a feral, ruthless look that did nothing to soften his brutish features.

"And on the morrow?... Your tutelage will begin. Earlier, you gave me a truth, that which occurred with your grandfather. In return, let me offer you the truth any master knows well..."

Caster's grin widened even further.

"A student's ears are located on his back and on his backside. He hears more, learns more when he is being beaten. You will not sleep tonight, due to your meditations, but I suggest you get whatever rest you can. Tomorrow I will demonstrate that truth in earnest."
    “I understand, Shifu.”

It’s a response of acceptance. To work with Caster, I have to make myself stronger. If I lazed around and did nothing, he’d off my head in an instant. And, well, he has a point, I suppose. I’ve never been one for the spiritual so I should view this as an enlightening experience of sorts, even if I’m not getting any sleep toni—

No sleep. Oh no. That isn’t good in the slightest. If I fall asleep, just once, Caster is going to pummel me like there is no tomorrow, but I have to be meditating at the same time…

With a weary sigh, I spread out a small mat on the floor of the RV, next to the quaint wooden table, and assume a meditative pose.

“Correct me if I do anything wrong, please.”

Blog Entries
    Archer

“I am Xander Stone, your ally and Master in this Holy Grail War.”

Archer grinned with all of teeth, his eyes burning with all the intensity the warrior-king could bring to bear. He knelt before Xander, one dark-skinned hand on his chest, the pressure from before sharpening until it cut like a knife.

"Then... Master. I will be your Servant until this War comes to an end."

Rising, the pressure of the king faded into the air as the ancient king studied the magus before him. Archer carefully studied Xander, his eyes softening back to something more human than the sternness of the king.

"Speaking of the Grail, I will ask you this: what is your wish, Master? I have no intention of working for a man with a twisted purpose."

Archer's hand was propped under his mouth as he spoke, seeming to no longer feel the chill of the air or floor. He had always been quick to adapt; it had been what had saved him so many times on his journey.

"In addition, tell me what your abilities are. Even the protection of a Servant can only go so far, and our enemies will make a point to target you first. If you are lacking in certain areas, it falls to me to help you better yourself."

He waved a hand idly, looking around the room once more.

"A simple summary is fine. We can speak at length after the night is done, if you wish."
    Last edited by Mooncake; February 21st, 2015 at 11:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster
    Time: 23:15

“Correct me if I do anything wrong, please.” His student requested, entirely superfluously."...Heh. Rest easy whelp, I intend to. It may just be the most enjoyable part of this whole war." Caster growled.

"Now, get some tea ready girl. I will prepare a suitable local for your first lesson."

His new found master immediately set herself up in the somewhat cramped kitchenette. While the RV was a fine vehicle, there was no way to make something designed to fit on the road in such a way that two people cold maneuver inside without a certain amount of awkwardness. ...Well, no way without magic.

As Caster himself passed the threshold, he felt the minor buzz of a ward. It was a meager thing by his estimation, but it seems that the RV had guards outside the establishment of his sutras and his territory.

Further, there was a refreshing snap of prana in the air. The ley line's power was coming into control.

"If you know of a place to take this vehicle, I suggest you take us there whilst I work." Caster said absentmindedly. There was no need to stay and guard the ley line now. Thanks to Caster's ward, if someone else tried to co-opt it now...they would get an...unpleasant surprise.

With that thought to cheer him up Caster set to work. Near the end of the RV, Caster sat himself down calmly and began to stare at the wall, currently covered in a number of medical instruments even Caster was not completely familiar with. Caster frowned in disapproval and waved his hands. Prana flowed from the two Daruma on the nearside of the RV. After a moment, the wall seemed to fade into the background, then vanish entirely, to be replaced by a thick jagged surface of stone. With another odd motion of his hands, Caster called into function the other two Daruma. From behind, in a space occupied but parts of the RV...and somehow not, a quiet little fire sprung into existence. This cast Caster's shadow onto the stone wall in front of him.

Actually, in this case the RV was a beneficial choice. Though the symbol of his class, Caster's territory wasn't as large as the all consuming temple that some Caster's could form. As a result, manipulation of a vast base would have been difficult, even impossible. But the RV barely the size of a single room. Caster's territory had more then room to spare. as a result, his fine manipulation of the territory improved.

...Was there truly a cave in front of Caster or a fire's light and heat behind? It couldn't be said that this was true. But it was not a lie either. as Caster himself intoned "This is what it is."

When his pupil came to sit beside him, Caster Instructed her on the proper way to sit. legs folded comfortably, hands in lap, and supporting some of the weight of the upper body as you contemplated your shadow on the wall.

"First control your breathing. The way cycles with life. Your ki moves through your body, and outside as well. you could spend a lifetime listening to the simple beauty of your breath moving in and out, or staring at your form on the wall, and still not unearth even one of the great mysteries. yet therein is the beginnings of truth. ...There are three things that can not be long hidden child. The sun, the moon, and the truth. You prayed for the truth to be revealed, whether or not you understood that prayer. thus, begin focusing on the beginning, and I will instruct you in the Way."

And thus did Caster, the Monk at the Wall, sip tea and once more stare into the darkness created by the light, with unblinking blue eyes, pondering the way to find the truth.
    Last edited by Tobias; February 27th, 2015 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Time: 20:45

Archer grinned at my words, and the air groaned as it twisted under the pressure of the king. He fell to one knee, an arm held over his chest in deference.

Yet even in supplication, the man could never lose the unmistakable bearing of a king.

"Then... Master. I will be your Servant until this War comes to an end."
    Relief and joy wash through me. Even if only for now, I have been accepted; in this small step I have succeeded. My shoulders roll back as my entire body begins to loosen and relax.

"Speaking of the Grail, I will ask you this: what is your wish, Master? I have no intention of working for a man with a twisted purpose."
    I blink.

My wish is a simple thing, I suppose. And I have no need to conceal it; we are meant to be partners, right? Even so...

"In addition, tell me what your abilities are. Even the protection of a Servant can only go so far, and our enemies will make a point to target you first. If you are lacking in certain areas, it falls to me to help you better yourself.
    My abilities as well? Archer certainly gets to the point quickly. Though in all honesty, this is for the best; I am a rank amateur in magical fights to the death, after all.

“A simple summary is fine. We can speak at length after the night is done, if you wish."
    Meeting his eyes once more, I speak.

“I’ll start with my abilities. Unfortunately... I am not a strong magus in combat. My magecraft is simple, and best used for slight distractions or inconveniences. However, I can heal you or myself if necessary, though only to the extent of mending flesh and bone. Another spell I possess takes time to prepare, yet will aid in weakening enemies... provided it does not affect you as well. I do have one powerful spell, however; anyone struck by it without defense will die.”

I rub the back of my neck before continuing. “Except I can’t move while preparing to use it, or cast any other spells, and it takes a while to use.”

Pacing briefly, I sit on the couch lying against the living room wall. After a moment, I speak once more.

“In terms of combat, I am more of a liability than not. However, there may come a time when my life is at stake, and I choose to die instead of be killed.”

My hand is at my neck again, and I unzip my parka to fully expose my neck. For the briefest of moments, light shines, and silver chains coil around my throat before fading away.

“My wish is to be free, Archer. My wish is to shatter these chains.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Servant Saver
    Time: 22:31

A call.

A call to her, to her place beyond the mortal coil.

It did not matter who it was. Whether it was from an ordinary individual, or even if- no, especially if it was a heinous sinner, one whom could not possibly expect forgiveness for their sins from any man, woman or animal, Saver would answer their call and provide them with salvation. Even when there was no call, even if not a single creature lived and desired it, she would perform her task regardless. Even if the land were to be overrun with criminals, even if there existed not a single honest soul on earth. So long as humanity still had need of her existence, she would exist.

Such was the vow she had made to herself, a vow she would not break.

And as such, as the overwhelming light of the summoning circle faded and dimmed, she stood in the center, as Servant Saver. Her clothes, a neat and dark outfit, brought to one’s mind immediately the image of the clothes one would wear to a funeral procession, albeit a tinge too fancy. Her figure was modest, and her skin was pale, as if it had not seen the light of day in years, or perhaps belonged to a corpse. Although dark, her raven hair almost appeared to give off a soft light. In a commanding, but not harsh voice, she spoke.

“In response to your summons, I, Servant Saver, have come.
    ------ I ask of you. Are you my Master?"

Opening her eyes for the first time, she observed her surroundings with a warm gaze.

It was a fine park, as the Holy Grail’s knowledge told her, although clearly not very well taken care of. But what caught her attention immediately was the substance that surrounded her on the ground, the substance used to construct her summoning circle- ectoplasm. Together with the high spiritual presence in the area, it could only mean that spirits, still clinging to this realm for whatever reasons, had been involved in her summoning.

Moving onto other thoughts, Saver studied the boy in pain by the circle. Her Master, clearly, given the lack of any living things and spirits in the immediate vicinity. From the circumstances, his condition was likely the result of some malicious prank of a ghost. How distasteful, thought Saver, as a frown appeared on her face. Something would have to be done about such harmful spirits, assuming they were still around. Light immolation, perhaps.

Walking forward and kneeling down to face the boy, she adopted a softer tone of voice.

“Mmm, nevermind that earlier. More importantly, are you alright, boy? What’s your name? Can you stand? Or shall I carry you?”

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Mother. What does it mean to be a ______?”

“They are ---ing, milady. Their num-er are --ply too large. _____ has a pl--, --- a ----le is n---”

“You must c---se! The realm will ___ torn as---er __ your i---------ess!”

“It holds no meaning, my dear. But it does hold responsibility.”

And so, with those words eternally etched in her heart, the small hand of the young girl never stopped grasping at the distance, no matter what befell upon her.

For it was her responsibility to do so, after all.

Maker

Location - Harbor - Family House - Basement
    Phase - Night
    Time - 22:22
    Day - January 12

And as suddenly as it had begun, the vortex of light and wind had subsided.

Nothing but silence had accompanied the arrival of the female Servant, as her figure emerged from the magical circle in the room. The electrical light in the ceiling had shorted out by the intense magical energy that had raced through the room and most of the candles placed around the circle and further back had been extinguished by the gust of wind that had, for a brief moment, whipped throughout the room. However, not all light was lost. The softly glowing residual flakes of prana that floated down, coupled with the glow of the few remaining candles gave the figure of the Servant in front of Anna an almost sanctified image.

With calm steps the, clearly supernatural, woman stepped out of the magical circle that had drawn her back into the world of the living. Taking a deep breath, Maker closed her eyes. The rush of air through one’s lungs was something that only the dead could truly appreciate. Or perhaps in their case, it was something only they could learn. The information provided by the Grail told her that many things had changed over the ages. Perhaps nothing of what she sought to protect existed anymore? It was hard to tell. The data provided by the Grail was vauge and immaterial, covering many things, but nothing in sufficient detail. But such questions had a better time and a better place. Regardless of the answer, she would move on regardless.

Maker’s eyes, filled with a kind light, met with the young girl’s in front of her..

"As per thy call, I have arrived. So I ask of you, maiden of the cross. Are you my Master?"

With a soft smile, the Servant in the white extended her hand towards the nun in front of her.

Servant Trickster
    Time: 20:20

Fire. Fire and flame everywhere, consuming houses, people and land alike. A curse she held, the original sin of humanity, disbelief in heavens despite her own blessing -

As she opened her eyes, the golden-haired servant of beauty that could only be mentioned as ‘unspeakably divine’ slowly observed her surroundings. Her demeanor was as regal as that of royalty, and her eyes full of life and energy. Despite being clad in light dress and bare feet, she did not as much care for the chilly winds whispering through the trees.

Her eyes then reached her new ‘Master’s. A woman, and a boyish one at that. This reminded her of past acquaintances, a certain tribe associated with that woman, the only woman she noted to be a worthy adversary. Still, she would have to see if this new acquaintance was one worthy to control her, or would it be the other way around?

At least it wasn't a man - any normal man would have already gone heads over heels for her just by being graced with her presence. Of course, unless they were of deviant taste...but perhaps that would have been too easy.

“Aah, so I take it that you are my Master?”

Smiling seductively, Trickster slowly approached her Master, her charm oozing as might a star spread its radiant light. As she stood in front of the woman, she circled her, a finger slowly tracing the shoulders of her new acquaintance.

“Hmm, you could use some ointment for that cracked lip and any skin blemishes...I recommend not to smoke, even though that kind of luxury didn't exist in my time, it's ruining your beautiful face. Also, you’re getting split hairs...poor girl, how will you ever get a man to fall for you in that state, hmm?”

Hugging her new master from behind, she cradled the woman’s chin in her palm, whispering into her ear.

“But don’t worry, dear. As long as you have me as your pet, all your worldly desires may come true...one way or another. Ufufufufu…”

Finishing with a low chuckle, she lets go of her Master, smiling and studying her face.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Servant Saber
    Time: 21:20
    Day: January 12
    th

Those last days had been peaceful, but not enjoyable. Free of war and free of wandering beasts, with all the time in the world. I could have done anything. Traveled the world, conquered the world, become a master at any art one could choose. It was almost within reach... but not close enough.

Another demon in the hills? I thought you scared them all away...

Of course there was never a demon in the hills. One show of force was enough to send all the beasts running, their fabled strength be damned. They wouldn't dare step where I had commanded them not to, even a thousand years later.

Are you sure about that? If it's strong enough that you're the one going, won't you need your sword?

A sword could not cut disease out of the lungs. Even the greatest healers could only agitate the condition. But the children, and all the others under my protection... how could they go on knowing their hero had died to breathing troubles? To fall in combat was understandable, at least. Something unlikely but possible was preferable to something that would shatter their world.

The hills were less than a day's travel. It was no trouble to head there and tear apart the earth, make them think there was a fight.

Reinforcements could be here in two days. Do you really have to leave now?

Sitting there under the stars was the most painful night of my life. But even though I spat blood on the ground every few minutes, not one thought was of myself. Only his last words echoed, carried by the wind as I rushed out the door. The worry in his voice gnawed at me, deep down, and I could imagine the tears that would come. Maybe I was a monster for leaving him like that, but the little ones would not remember their champion as a weakling who died sleeping.

Every thought was of those last hours. How long it went on, no one could say, but it was no eternity. It changed. A strange feeling came, something like tugging on the heartstrings. I was called. Someone, somewhere, wanted - no, needed - my help. There was no more rational thought. Desperate for any way to vindicate myself for that day, any way to prove I tried, I answered. The world screamed as I stepped forward, and stood upon the Earth once more.

----

It was neither bright nor dark, and neither stifling nor empty, but it was warm. It felt almost like the home I so dearly missed. A little messy, perhaps - why were so many things knocked over, anyway? - but inviting all the same. It just felt right somehow, and I was content to breathe deeply for a moment, taking in the heat of the fire and the smell of home. Before saying a word, I took a second breath... and then I realized.

"Ah...?" I was whole. My lungs, real or not, did not give out as they once did. My body was young and strong again. I wore no armor, only a powerless white dress that would barely stop the wind, never mind an arrow, but there could be no doubt. Once more, I stood peerless in all the world. "Ahhh... ahahahahah!"

It was... a distressing length of time before I came to my senses. I would not be brought to life for some frivolous reason, after all. I was here to fight. A great war for a "Holy Grail" that could grant any wish. It was almost unthinkable for such a thing to exist, but my presence was all the proof that was needed. Nothing less could summon me, never mind eight other heroes besides, maybe thousands of years from beyond the grave.

Then, while considering the situation, my eyes fell upon a girl with violet hair. Ahhhh... how long had I been standing there, exactly?

There were no others around, so this girl was the one. My summoner to this War. A magus here to risk everything on some faint hope of having one wish granted. A faint hope that I would realize. In a test of might, no other hero could be my equal. My boundless confidence could be felt in the air as I finally spoke to the girl, taken over by a radiant smile with total disregard for the strange situation.

"I am Saber. The knight of the Sword stands before you, undiminished. And so, young one, tradition demands I ask you this. Are you my master?"
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 23:09

I’m quite thankful Caster isn’t picky about tea. This RV only has green tea, for its health benefits, and I’m afraid that might get stale after a while. I’ll make a note to get oolong sometime. I’ve never tried it, but it is a good change of pace. Well, if I’m not tired tomorrow, I’ll make the attempt.

I drive for a bit when he asks, a bit out in the wayside, next to an old, abandoned campsite. A place where I can actually park this thing legally. I stop soon enough—I don’t want to go that far, and I’m tired.

Caster has changed the layout of the RV quite a bit. I presume it is temporary, and it better be, because that’s thousands of dollars in medical equipment. He instructs me on how to sit properly and I am soon facing my shadow on a cave wall, carved out by the flickering flame behind me. And yet… I can’t tell if any of this is real or not. The wall. The flame. That very shadow.

"First control your breathing. The way cycles with life. Your ki moves through your body, and outside as well. You could spend a lifetime listening to the simple beauty of your breath moving in and out, or staring at your form on the wall, and still not unearth even one of the great mysteries. Yet therein is the beginnings of truth. ...There are three things that cannot be long hidden child. The sun, the moon, and the truth. You prayed for the truth to be revealed, whether or not you understood that prayer. Thus, begin focusing on the beginning, and I will instruct you in the Way."
    I breathe in and out, regularly, in a count of five. Inhale on one, exhale on five. Five is perfection. If there are four points, the fifth point must be centered as to provide balance. That is what my family has told me, and that is what I will still believe. Five is a number, despite its apparent imbalance, that is complete.

The truth. Something unobtainable, people say. What reality is really made of. Science posits that the truth may be found via equation and experimentation, that we may make eventually be able to create a model of our world with only numbers. And yet, the newly discovered nature of the world, random and unpredictable, is something scientists cannot explain. Truth does not lie there, despite the practicality of science.

All mages claim to find the Root, the source of all truth. And in that sense, this desire to know is the foundation of all magecraft, as we attempt to dissect the spiritual and with many paths, achieve one destination, the origin of all. With the way I think, I haven’t been considering such a thing in the slightest. Grandfather and I are concerned with more material, more human concerns. Any attempt to reach the Root on our part would be accidental at best.

I don’t let out a sigh as I think about these things, staring at my shadow. Caster would reprimand me, and I have to make the attempt to be his student.

Gazing at that shadow, I’m eerily reminded of the Allegory of the Cave. Is this also what Caster is trying to tell me? That the reality I see, the material reality where mankind suffers and is harmed, may not be the actual reality in front of me? If that’s the case, I refuse. But otherwise, I can understand, I think. The shadow is my own, and yet is lacking substance compared to myself. But if it were the only thing I saw, I would believe it had just as much substance as anything else. It’s only because I have looked away and seen its source that I know it isn’t real.

Is that the way reality is? I have to peel away what I see materially and view it on a higher plane? I wouldn’t know. Caster, however, seems to have found his answer, and his method was martially, alien from my academia. But it was successful, so regardless, this training does and will have a point. I’m not doing it for nothing.

I resist the urge to look back at the flame. Caster would hit me, and not like how Sensei would.

DAY 1 END

Blog Entries
    Archer
    Time: 20:45

“I’ll start with my abilities. Unfortunately... I am not a strong magus in combat. My magecraft is simple, and best used for slight distractions or inconveniences. However, I can heal you or myself if necessary, though only to the extent of mending flesh and bone. Another spell I possess takes time to prepare, yet will aid in weakening enemies... provided it does not affect you as well. I do have one powerful spell, however; anyone struck by it without defense will die.”

Archer rubbed his chin in thought. His master seemed to degrade himself a little, but humility was better than arrogance in his eyes. At least he was being honest.

"I see. In combat, a second's distraction can turn the battle's tide – it should be useful against those without Magic Resistance, like myself. Do not worry about your spells affecting me, although the healing spell should work well enough."

The king watched his master pace in discomfort, noting the state of the house around him. He had taken it in before, but as someone who had found himself in a palace where every thing he could need was ready at a moment's notice, it was a little disappointing. He had spent the night in worse places on his journey, and saw no reason to complain.

“Except I can’t move while preparing to use it, or cast any other spells, and it takes a while to use.”

Archer waved his hand again, brushing aside the flaws.

"That is fine. If you prepare to use it, let me know and I will provide cover. If the opposing Master can be struck, then it will not matter. Unlike the Archer class, other Servants will not last long without their Master, so their handlers should be our first priority."

Casually marking their opponents for death, Archer began to slowly walk back and forth as Xander took his seat on the couch. He had tried not to pace when he had first begun his reign, but many years of experience had eventually led him into the habit, and now the dark-skinned man slowly put one foot in front of the other, thinking things through. His rashness had cost him before, and he wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

“In terms of combat, I am more of a liability than not. However, there may come a time when my life is at stake, and I choose to die instead of be killed.”

Archer's pacing stopped.

"Good. A spineless fighter is almost worse than no fighter at all."

Having said such harsh words, Archer watched his master unzip his modern clothing, eyes narrowing at the chains wrapped around Xander's neck. Even magecraft like that could not hide itself from his eyes, and the king's gaze hardened at the silver coils that wrapped themselves around his neck.

“My wish is to be free, Archer. My wish is to shatter these chains.”

Archer nodded his head, once.

"I see. A wish like that is one to strive for. So be it; I will help you win the Holy Grail."

Archer's words were filled with that same heavy certainty, the confidence borne from experience, from fact, embedded in his voice. Looking at his Master's weary face and the clock next to the kitchen, Archer considered the situation.

"I see that you are tired, Master. I will not keep you from your rest, but is there anything you would like to ask of me?"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Time: 22:53

The metal sizzles.

Air shifts. A draft of superheated smoke emerges from the ritual circle as it heats up from cold grey to violent orange. The once solid structure warps and shifts as it struggles to sustain the energy passing through it, but the designs etched into it do not lose their shape. The body of the Master is the body of the circle; as one changes, so too does the other.

Kirame Ryougi burns.

Veins become receptacles for power. Magma is poured through blood, scarring insides and forever preventing regrowth. His body is sacrificed to bring forth a miracle. As far as raw materials go, it is acceptable.

Space ruptures.

Light twists. Millions of tiny reactions occur above the circle, bringing atoms together and tearing them apart. The imaginary element interferes, reaching from beyond to meddle with physical laws. A gate is opened. Thousands of packets of information are requested and arrive, one at a time, using the unfortunate Master's body as transit to materialize in this world. He feels each and every one.

One forms.

The red death is followed by blue life. Heat is lost, taken before it can kill. Nurturing water rushes through the Ryougi's body and the circle both, bringing forth steam and undoing the damage caused by the summoning. Metal solidifies stronger than ever, capable of bearing twice the weight. Only the memory of pain remains to remind them of what they withstood.

That, and the man.

He kneels in the middle of the circle, bathing in the steam. As it rises, so too does he.

As he gets to his feet, the Servant's eyes open.

He opens his mouth and inhales through his nose. For a moment, it is as he is tasting the very world itself.

Smoke. Smoke and steam and soot.

A callused, worn hand emerges from his heavy garb, carrying a pipe. It is the complete opposite of his face, which is fair and blemished like that of a young man. He brings the pipe to his mouth and exhales, returning air laden with minerals to replace what he took. He has sampled this place and found it fitting.

The pipe is removed and vanishes into a long sleeve.

The man opens his mouth as he stares at Kirame Ryougi with eyes like coals.

"A place of creation. To come forth here... it is a strange rebirth."

Approval, from a man who thinks nothing of his own words. His voice, simultaneously young and old and capable of playing both roles, answers an unwritten obligation to speak. All the same, he gazes upon the one who summoned him, silently judging.

"Servant Artificer has answered summons tonight, young one. I would ask of you. Are you my Master?"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura
    Time: 22:45

What is this...?

Is this a dream?

All around me was a vast sea of white, the land covered by Winter's chill, the only reason I could even see anything was the gentle light of the moon. This place was unfamiliar and yet not to me, I know I've never been here and yet here I am, I guess I must really be dreaming. It wasn't what I had hoped but a simple dream like this was nice too. I guess this is what they called 'lucid dream', funny how even a slacker like me could remember that. Maybe this was connected to earlier today? It couldn't be a coincidence that I was dreaming about a white park after seeing something like that, or I can just knock this down as another weird thing due to Kirisaki Bad Luck.

I glanced up.

Hah, maybe it's because this is a dream but...the moon sure looks beautiful tonight.

Wait.

Who's that in front of me?

I've never seen-

--------!

Pain! Pain! Pain!

It HURTS!

My whole body is screaming at me, as if fire had been poured into my veins and going to every corner of my body. Only now do I realize the taste of something foreign in my mouth, as if my senses are all coming back to me and everything strikes at me at once, what is happening to me?! This unnatural pain continues to assault me even as I writhe in the snow, it's cold touch doing nothing for me. What type of dream is this? A nightmare? No, it can't be, this type of pain can't be! Just what has happened to me?! I grip at the snow, as if hoping that it would do something but no good, I cough as whatever that has filled my mouth becomes too much to bare.

Blood.

The pure white snow, now stained by a dark red.

And yet even with that, I'm not given a chance to even think about it.

Again the pain comes to me, the fiery pangs focusing on one point: my wrist. It's as if I'm being branded by some grand entity, as if enjoying my torment it feels to give one final gift. A broken circle, glowing an unnatural red begins to form, it's meaning an unknown to me.

“In response to your summons, I, Servant Saver, have come.

------ I ask of you. Are you my Master?"

The voice that enters my ears is feminine but firm, yet not a world she says makes sense. Summons? Servant? Master? None of it made any sense at all and as much as I wanted to, this pain wouldn't let me pass out, to go back to sleep and forget all about this dream. My voice is barely a whisper, whether she hears me I can't tell but I try...

"Where did you come from? And what do you mean 'Master'...?!"

I grip my wrist as I try to push those words out, my throat still feeling like an utter mess, my breathing ragged and myself confused. The unnatural heat flowing through me begins to stop, the fire in my veins now being doused and yet that brought no comfort now, only another pain. The frigid winds buffet me as this person looks down at me, I probably look pitiful if anything to them. Only now do I notice the carvings on the ground as the chilling air permeates my body, my clothes: simple pajamas, offering no protection against this islands harsh weather. I can only manage to sit myself back and through the howling winds I hear something new, the sound of snow being crushed underfoot.

I look up and finally see the face of the one who addressed me and said such strange words.

She kneels down in front of me, a warm expression on her face regardless of the cold wind that was striking at us both. Without a doubt the person in front of me was a girl, dressed not for the occasion, what was she? To be in this weather and seem as if the cold didn't affect her at all? Was she some sort of yuki-onna? After everything that has happened now, dream or not, I think I'll believe anything that she says regarding just what she is.

“Mmm, nevermind that earlier. More importantly, are you alright, boy? What’s your name? Can you stand? Or shall I carry you?”

"Huh...?"

A much softer voice now comes from her, a new slew of questions to answer in my confusion.

I think my brain must have been the first to be hit by the cold, I swore I just heard she said she was going to carry me. After all that pain, the writhing and confusion, I don't think I can take another hit like being carried around by a girl, no older then me, wearing a gothic lolita outfit in a Tengetsu snowstorm. But I needed to get out of this snowstorm, real or not I don't want to die, just the thought of it spurred me on to try stand.

"I-I'm...Kirisaki Homura."

I answer her first question almost automatically now that I've managed to get a grip of myself if even slightly. I hug myself, though I know it's a futile attempt to stave off the cold that's now fully replaced the burning pain. A different kind of pain that I can only shiver to, truly some sort of ancient curse was placed on my family that granted me the worst luck. The temperature bits at my exposed skin even as I stand up, the only thing keeping me going is my masculinity, I won't be carried around even in the snow like this.

"I...I can stand..."

The cold once more attacks me, my speech stuttering, my longing for my bed back home strong and yet even as nature is against me, even when none of this makes sense, even if this could all just be a dream...in this park of white with the moon shining brightly, a single question burns within me, demanding to be answered.

"...Who are you?"
    Last edited by Dranes; February 22nd, 2015 at 02:30 PM.

Azama Tae
    Time: 21:30

"...!"

It's like trying to breathe out while there is no air in your lungs. Like having your soul separated from your body in one swift, sudden motion. Not only does the Summoning Ritual claim a big part of my Prana Reserves, it also leaves me physically exhausted and even as the glow dies down, it takes me a moment to recover before I can finally make light of the situation.

"Ah..."

It's surreal. The person standing within the circle doesn't look more than a beautiful woman in a kimono. But she is... I am certain she's the Heroic Spirit I summoned. A powerful spirit who stands above me but will fight under me... My Servant. How long do we stay there, motionless, as if time itself had stopped? I can't tell for sure. However, what I know is that the feeling in my chest is not fear... But an inexplicable surge of admiration. I guess this experience brings back memories from the past, when I was a child, when I believed in real heroes. For reasons that escape me at this time, such thoughts cross my mind as we stare at each other.

---Saber.

She introduces herself as the Servant of the Sword. Though the material I've studied did not provide much information past the basics, the Saber-class is regarded as the strongest. I can't say I am not surprised to hear this... As I am not a proper Mage, the thought of summoning a powerful Servant did never occur to me. Well, this certainly makes things easier, but... Don't think I'll relax just because I got a Saber.

"Indeed, I am your Master."

I look at her in the eye without fear as I remove the glove on my right hand. My hand now balled into a fist, I show her the brands on its back.

"Proof of it are these Command Seals, as well as the link established between us. Servant Saber, you will prove your worth to me with your actions in this war."

I draw courage to command armies. Anything else would not suffice, anything below that would only be making a fool of myself. Though my knowledge is limited and my experience close to none, I speak firmly with a powerful voice that denotes I am aware of what I am talking about.

"In exchange I, Azama Tae, promise to share the Holy Grail with you when we emerge victorious, should I deem your intentions noble enough."
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Servant Saber
    Time: 21:30

When I finally got around to speaking, the girl before me responded quickly and firmly. If she felt any worry - or thought anything unusual about my strange introduction - it wasn't showing. Good. She seemed sincere, at least, but even false confidence could go a long way. Tell a man to believe enough times and he will, even if all reason tells him not to.

In exchange I, Azama Tae, promise to share the Holy Grail with you when we emerge victorious, should I deem your intentions noble enough.

Ahhh, very brave. But still, the girl could just be an overconfident fool. She had to have felt the waves of power released by the summoning, but a simple magus would not simply understand the power of a Hero. I would not deny her command so soon, but she would need to be tested.

"A daring assertion, Azama Tae. Few who know the power of a Servant would risk making such claims without knowing their partner beforehand. What, then, if you decide my cause is not just? What if I disagree with your wish, declare it to be folly that would bring more harm than good, and deny your authority? Command seals cannot fix such problems, and any solution using them would leave you servantless or worse. What is your wish, young one, and how will you defend its legitimacy?"

That smile that was so full of joy remained unwavering. Even as the air around us froze, as if holding us both in some unnatural embrace, I held eye contact with the girl before me. It was such a weak expression of power that could not even approach the pressures of combat, but a simple magus might find it hard to breathe. If she could neither answer my question nor withstand my mere presence, how would she last in battle?
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Anna Bernhart
    Location - Harbor - Family House - Basement

Phase - Night
    Time - 22:23
    Day - January 12

"You were right; no reason it wouldn't have worked." Anna murmured. Her closed eye opened, both of them curiously examining the emerged woman. Anna smiled; it was a polite, friendly smile. Though her heartbeat was frantic, she wasn't afraid. She felt awe and admiration, fully comprehending the glory and nigh-divine might of the Heroic Spirit without requiring even the smallest display of ability. It was all clear in just the Servant's mere presence. Without hesitation, Anna took her Servant's hand. Her smile began to swim in reverie, briefly dropping its firm politeness; it started turning into an expression of unabashed satisfaction and juvenile joy. Anna had to force herself to regain composure, and she managed to do so after several blinks.

"Ah, I... I summoned you, so that must make me your Master. I ask of you to fight for me in this Holy Grail War until it concludes with our victory." She said, the increasing confidence in her voice quite apparent and largely unintentional. After all, with someone like Maker before her, how could she possibly be lacking in confidence?

Anna let go of the woman's hand when she found herself holding onto it for longer than was probably appropriate. She was overcome by a very immature nervousness, like a child meeting her hero. Well, although she wasn't a child, she was indeed speaking to a hero.

"Well... I suppose we should determine what we shall be doing tonight. There is plenty of time before sunrise, which means that we have plenty of time to measure our competition. Not to mention that a lot of them will most likely be heading towards a very specific place..." Anna trailed off a bit in spoken contemplation. She glanced back at her Servant, still retaining a warm smile. "What do you say? Although I am your 'Master', your opinion is still highly valuable to me."

Her eyes widened slightly, as if she suddenly realized something.

"Ah, that's right! I am Anna Bernhart, an Executor of the Holy Church. How would you like me to refer to you, my Servant?"