Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567
Results 121 to 134 of 134

Thread: Sunlight (HF True)(Mentioned/implied Sakura/Shirou, focused Rin/Shirou)(One-shot)

  1. #121
    Goomoonryong's Disciple Trevelyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Murim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    686
    Ilya knew that Shirou could give Rin the Jewelled Sword. That, on it's own, doesn't save Sakura. Without Shirou stepping in with Rule Breaker after Rin has performed an armor-piercing hug, you'd still have a bad end - Sakura didn't seem able to stop what had been started, by herself.

    No, Lantz, I'm making the point that unless you actually state your case, all I have to go on are your vague assertions, which are pretty damned vague.
    Last edited by Trevelyan; December 2nd, 2011 at 08:10 PM.
    "Why come back to school? Maybe it's because Jinie looks good in the uniform!" - Yi Shioon

    "You know, I do look pretty good in this. He's got taste." - Jinie Kwon

  2. #122
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,735
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Kinda hard to keep her true to character when I don't see much to work with.
    Ouch. I disagree, but if that is how you feel...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan View Post
    Ilya knew that Shirou could give Rin the Jewelled Sword. That, on it's own, doesn't save Sakura. Without Shirou stepping in with Rule Breaker after Rin has performed an armor-piercing hug, you'd still have a bad end - Sakura didn't seem able to stop what had been started, by herself.
    Ilya knew about the gate to the other side being accidentally opened, which was why she was tainted in the first place. The solution would have been to close it.



    "Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."


  3. #123
    Goomoonryong's Disciple Trevelyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Murim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    686
    Oh, right, that makes more sense.
    "Why come back to school? Maybe it's because Jinie looks good in the uniform!" - Yi Shioon

    "You know, I do look pretty good in this. He's got taste." - Jinie Kwon

  4. #124
    the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,546
    Blog Entries
    20
    No, Lantz, I'm making the point that unless you actually state your case, all I have to go on are your vague assertions, which are pretty damned vague.
    ok ok you're new here or whatever. look rider's entire character has been backward and forward and upside down combed and styled at this point on bl. we've analyized her every way possible. fact is Rider cares more for Sakura then possibly HF shirou. and more then just I will tell you that. I don't feel the need to whip out evidence because, to be frank I've never found a person before you that thinks rider is an uncaring bitch toward Sakura.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

    come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

    it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

  5. #125
    Goomoonryong's Disciple Trevelyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Murim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    686
    Wut? You don't have anything to say, so you resort to LOLNOOB and BL DUN DIS ALREDY. Sorry bro, but I've been a member of BL and the Fate fandom for, oh, four years. But that's OK - you can't even construct an argument properly, let alone follow it without changing the goalposts.

    My point wasn't that Rider hates Sakura, or that she does nothing*. My point was, in regards to killing Sakura in that particular bad end, stopping it from happening when you don't have a solution can be seen as making Sakura's suffering last longer - and even making it worse, because the next day, suddenly Angra Mainyu.

    *Except insofar as you didn't back up your statement, which I take to mean that you can't. Clue: Obeying Shinji, saving Shirou at Sakura's behest, saving Sakura from Shirou in a Bad End, fighting Saber Alter.
    "Why come back to school? Maybe it's because Jinie looks good in the uniform!" - Yi Shioon

    "You know, I do look pretty good in this. He's got taste." - Jinie Kwon

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,656
    Blog Entries
    8
    Just because Rider's idea of what is good for Sakura doesn't agree with yours (or, even Sakura's), that doesn't mean that Rider doesn't care about Sakura and try (in her own way) to make her life better. She just tends to put Sakura's survival above Sakura's happiness.

    And, for the record, what I was suggesting here was definitely an example of that. There's no way Sakura would want Rider to hurt Rin or Shirou, but if she thought it would help Sakura, Rider would not hesitate.

  7. #127
    the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,546
    Blog Entries
    20
    You might want to avoid most of my HF stuff, then, since I always end up tweaking Sakura a little bit. Kinda hard to keep her true to character when I don't see much to work with.
    well beamy that makes me think two things

    1) that you're a good person for being honest

    2) I should talk to you on sakura's utility in stories at some point, I think my view point is different enough that it might help you see something more in sakura.

    Wut? You don't have anything to say, so you resort to LOLNOOB and BL DUN DIS ALREDY. Sorry bro, but I've been a member of BL and the Fate fandom for, oh, four years. But that's OK - you can't even construct an argument properly, let alone follow it without changing the goalposts.

    My point wasn't that Rider hates Sakura, or that she does nothing*. My point was, in regards to killing Sakura in that particular bad end, stopping it from happening when you don't have a solution can be seen as making Sakura's suffering last longer - and even making it worse, because the next day, suddenly Angra Mainyu.

    *Except insofar as you didn't back up your statement, which I take to mean that you can't. Clue: Obeying Shinji, saving Shirou at Sakura's behest, saving Sakura from Shirou in a Bad End, fighting Saber Alter.
    actually you look like a newb guy. your post count was the indicator. Alt pointed out just before you posted this that I was mistaken. regardless you are abrasive in your manner of action and likely will continue to be so to me in the future. as a result i'm setting you on ignore.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

    come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

    it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

  8. #128
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49,307
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    actually you look like a newb guy. your post count was the indicator. Alt pointed out just before you posted this that I was mistaken. regardless you are abrasive in your manner of action and likely will continue to be so to me in the future. as a result i'm setting you on ignore.
    uh... when you go "Sorry you're new you don't understand," and someone calls you out on it, doing it again and then putting him on ignore does not really advance your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  9. #129
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,735
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    uh... when you go "Sorry you're new you don't understand," and someone calls you out on it, doing it again and then putting him on ignore does not really advance your argument.
    Hmm, seems like a bit of miscommunication here. He didn't really say it in a courteous fashion. The way he had worded it, he made her seem like she didn't really care, when he only meant that the way she does things is counterproductive, which is a plot point we see when Sakura used the last command spell to save Shirou, she at last knew what would make her truly happy.

    Sound about right?



    "Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."


  10. #130
    Goomoonryong's Disciple Trevelyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Murim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    686
    Nah, it's fine. I'd rather ignore Lantz in return. If his best argment is "noob" followed by "meanie" I'll just have to cope. :P

    Also, Mike, I agree with that summation - Rider's opinion on 'best interests' won't necessarily jive with Shirou's or Sakura's. It's one of the things I like about Nasu's characters - they're not simple or two-dimensional.

    Huh. Never had to resort to ignoring someone before. I feel diminished in some ineffable way.
    Last edited by Trevelyan; December 2nd, 2011 at 08:58 PM.
    "Why come back to school? Maybe it's because Jinie looks good in the uniform!" - Yi Shioon

    "You know, I do look pretty good in this. He's got taste." - Jinie Kwon

  11. #131
    Venus Swordman Ergast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Madrid
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Ouch. I disagree, but if that is how you feel...



    Ilya knew about the gate to the other side being accidentally opened, which was why she was tainted in the first place. The solution would have been to close it.
    Well, there is a really good reason for Illya to not tell anyone. Closing the door implies that she dies, as it happens in HF True. I can see why she won't say a word.

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

  12. #132
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,735
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Well, there is a really good reason for Illya to not tell anyone. Closing the door implies that she dies, as it happens in HF True. I can see why she won't say a word.
    I don't really think so, it's not really implicitly said what would have killed her actually. That is left pretty vague.
    She had also just repaired Shirou's soul and given him a container to hold it in at the time. It's just really not clear what it was that actually killed her.



    "Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."


  13. #133
    Venus Swordman Ergast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Madrid
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,922
    I think it was the whole "Act as the Grail" thing, kind of like what happened to Justica. And as far as I know, to close the door she must act as the Grail.

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

  14. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,656
    Blog Entries
    8
    Even if that's true, I'm sure she could have at least told them what was going on, and helped find another way to save Sakura.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •