Page 100 of 168 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3351

Thread: Anime News Thread

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    As if other isekai protagonists weren't an adult in a child's body, it just happens this one more literal. I like Isekai even so, but it is what it is.
    Dunno, don't watch that many. Most of that I've seen they are on the same age, or teen become a child, not from adult pedo
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I am so fucked up lmao. All these creep things people are mentioning here as negatives, I must admit hype me up more for the show. I have 0 regrets about this
    I can see why the usual anime fan wouldn't care about those things, but why the hell would they hype you up?

US Friend Code
    On a less creepy note I don't get the point of isekai where the MC is reincarnated as a kid and grows up there. At that point why not just do a straight fantasy, why isekai?

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So the MC can be a "relatable" otaku and make cliche pop culture references.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Most of the time it tends to be the excuse for the MC's attempts to modernize the setting. Like "This show's about introducing literacy to a medieval world, but why would a peasant know this? I know, she was a librarian in her last life!", and such. Mechs, Literacy, Capitalism, Communism, Basic Science, Animal Husbandry.

The real head scratchers are the ones where the MC's only gets god mode magic powers. Those could easily just be straight up fantasy stories, but the writer wanted to ride the isekai train with everyone else.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The one with Isekai into a child that I like is only Tanya so far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Most of the time it tends to be the excuse for the MC's attempts to modernize the setting. Like "This show's about introducing literacy to a medieval world, but why would a peasant know this? I know, she was a librarian in her last life!", and such. Mechs, Literacy, Capitalism, Communism, Basic Science, Animal Husbandry.

The real head scratchers are the ones where the MC's only gets god mode magic powers. Those could easily just be straight up fantasy stories, but the writer wanted to ride the isekai train with everyone else.
    The another funny thing is.... oftenly the previous life just become forgotten... and it become just straight fantasy
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

It's not about pop references or modernizations. The isekai of the last two decades are about one thing only: Power fantasy. There's so sort of distinct line between Isekai before 2006 and isekai after, I believe it's Zero no Tsukaima that drew the line.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I am so fucked up lmao. All these creep things people are mentioning here as negatives, I must admit hype me up more for the show. I have 0 regrets about this
    There's no reason to regret tropes you like.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    On a less creepy note I don't get the point of isekai where the MC is reincarnated as a kid and grows up there. At that point why not just do a straight fantasy, why isekai?
    Just like SteelBeowulf said, it's power fantasy and wish fulfillment. It's about seeing this otaku loser (aka the reader) become someone important by being born talented ("My life is only shit because I was unlucky"), hard work (so they can be assured that they can do it if they try, while still not doing anything), or meta/modern knowledge (so they can be assured that their otaku knowledge is worth something). The otaku gets all the girls, is respected, etc.
    Obviously not every reader will exist at those extremes, but it works regardless. It's the same thing as the previous trend of magic academy harems with the protagonist who is the worst when measured by established system, but turns out to be a badass in his own way, proving everyone wrong.

Also, it's an easy way to shove exposition into your story, since the protagonist doesn't know anything about the world.
    Last edited by pinetree; July 9th, 2020 at 01:05 AM.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I can see why the usual anime fan wouldn't care about those things, but why the hell would they hype you up?
    Because I love loli and shota and also romances with controversial elements. I'm a proud degenerate.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh, Mushoku Tensei.

Yeah, no. Hard pass on the loli elf pissing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Thanks for yet another reason to look foward to the show. Author seems to be a man of culture and soemone I can respect
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Oh, Mushoku Tensei.

Yeah, no. Hard pass on the loli elf pissing.
    What, is urination a part of the plot? I believe that most people do so. They just do so off-screen.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    oh wow lol Looseboys manga Talentless Nana is getting anime

tfw youre one of the most popular and beloved eroge writers of 00s with two extremely popular titles but only get an anime after you become a has-been with a manga with lukewarm reception.

Better than his VNs getting a shitty adaptation that does not represent the source well and tarnishes it's name.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I have ascended to a way too high plane of enlightenment to fear the mean words of secondaries and anime journos.

I say go ahead and adapt every eroge ive ever liked. They cant all be bad, even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Isekai: An Actual Pedophile edition
    For all the problems MajiDasu has (I dropped it, too), it's still far better than the ultimate creepy one I read a few years back:
    The MC is reborn as a baby, decides his mom is hot, and starts getting 'frisky' during breastfeeding. No idea where it went from there, because I never finished chapter 2.

I have no idea if they marry in the future because I dropped it, but yeah. He starts grooming her as soon as he sees the chance, and tries assaulting her when they were like... 10 years old.
    You realize how many anime/manga titles this applies to? Also, Hikaru Genji is more than 1000 years old at this point; the idea is kinda old hat to the Japanese.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    I have ascended to a way too high plane of enlightenment to fear the mean words of secondaries and anime journos.
    Fear? When the peasantry label you a "witch", that should be a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    oh wow lol Looseboys manga Talentless Nana is getting anime

tfw youre one of the most popular and beloved eroge writers of 00s with two extremely popular titles but only get an anime after you become a has-been with a manga with lukewarm reception.
    Huh?! he wrote for G-senjou no maou?!

https://vndb.org/s212

Well, there is a huge time gap between his works, so maybe he freelance.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    For all the problems MajiDasu has (I dropped it, too), it's still far better than the ultimate creepy one I read a few years back:
    The MC is reborn as a baby, decides his mom is hot, and starts getting 'frisky' during breastfeeding. No idea where it went from there, because I never finished chapter 2.
    Isn't that's just the logical conclusion of "Ara Ara"? I like it! Tell me more!
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; July 9th, 2020 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    Huh?! he wrote for G-senjou no maou?!
    Yup. Sharin no Kuni and G-senjou no maou made him an eroge superstar.

Then he wrote a game that bombed hard and fled from eroge (probably a smart choice financially speaking, as hes now the writer of a manga successful enough to go anime).

Shout! Factory Releases Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Anime Film on BD/DVD in October

I've seen people that there were people crying coming out of the theater. I don't know if I'll be able to take it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs