Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 51013141516172025 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Project

Status update: Reddit user redditgoogle has messaged me with a file directory of FHA Vita: http://pastebin.com/BaSm1qJk

This means we know what file formats we'll be needing to crack to access the actual content. I have noticed two instances of the cpk extension, that's good for me since I already have a Quick BMS script that can get through that, however most of the content seems to be stored in mrg files, so that's why I'm posting this directory here. Anyone who happens to be familiar with these file formats from other projects, if you have any scripts that can extract the content, please let me know, I'll be getting "top men" to examine them, however I appreciate any help I can get since the person I'm looking to contact might not even respond.

Update: I seem to have a python script designed to deal with the hed nam mrg format, so hopefully that works.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; February 24th, 2016 at 02:59 AM.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

夜属 Nightkin A wild goose's crevice's Avatar
    Ah, so this now, i assume all help needed is very technical, yes?
    (Also, i wouldn't object to Sam Riegel donning the Shirou mantle again in an english dub #critters)(I know it's never gonna happen hehe)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle bulldog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Status update: Reddit user redditgoogle has messaged me with a file directory of FHA Vita: http://pastebin.com/BaSm1qJk

This means we know what file formats we'll be needing to crack to access the actual content. I have noticed two instances of the cpk extension, that's good for me since I already have a Quick BMS script that can get through that, however most of the content seems to be stored in mrg files, so that's why I'm posting this directory here. Anyone who happens to be familiar with these file formats from other projects, if you have any scripts that can extract the content, please let me know, I'll be getting "top men" to examine them, however I appreciate any help I can get since the person I'm looking to contact might not even respond.

Update: I seem to have a python script designed to deal with the hed nam mrg format, so hopefully that works.
    could you send me those file? I like play with them, with luck who know

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    could you send me those file? I like play with them, with luck who know
    I don't have them yet. That's just a directory of the contents. If I had them I'd already be experimenting with them.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Wow, nice to see the the project going well.

I would like to extend my courtesy to a Reddit user named RedditGoogle, who has spend the last several days working through the Vita dumping process and has hooked me up with the Vita's files. I now have everything. I still need to unpack them from the three tier file system of mrg hed nam, but hopefully this python script I found will do the trick.

In the meantime, I now have the Raws of Vita HA openings, and the Raw of the Vita HF opening (a leftover they forgot to delete), so I basically have all the openings ripped in Raw, aside from UBW, which I decided wasn't worht ripping RN open for (This redditor doesn't have RN Vita) so I ran a lossless conversion on the Mobile version of the UBW Vita OP. So basically future RN and HA releases will have the original opening files in them, save for UBW which will have the next best thing. For those of you wondering why this matters, it's because the HDMI capture of the Vita TV, while an improvement over shitty handcam, does not quite have as good a color range as the raw files can display. Like, the colors and visuals look much cleaner and crisper here.
    Memorable quotes

Sweet, hopefully this can ease the process then. Thanks all

Nevermind, got them on reddit.
    Last edited by Spartyn; March 5th, 2016 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartyn View Post
    Nevermind, got them on reddit.
    Oh wow I just noticed you're the same guy as the one who asked me on Reddit, lol.

Yeah I felt more comfortable liking them there than on BL because I figured I should play it safer here. I already tread the line of releasing copyrighted content with all the patches and whanot.
    Memorable quotes

Inactive
    i just made registration here to cheer for you guys... i'm eagerly waiting for this project... and sorry for any mistake, english is not my native language

In case anyone is curious about the Vita dumping process or wants to explore it themselves: https://youtu.be/3fIz1aECHuI

Sorry, just a bit confused on the recent posts, kinda new here. What exactly was the breakthrough that made the process easier now?

Now, a Vita game can be accessed directly in order to rip the files from it. Before it couldn't so you had to record audio the old fashioned way.

Any progress or estimation to how much longer this project will take? I've been waiting so long that I just need it now XD!

Blog Entries
    Update - we managed to get the script files which will be helpful for inserting the voice commands to the English text.
    However we're still struggling with unpacking the voice files. If anyone has experience with unpacking PS1/PS2/PSP games, especially decoding audio with weird formats... Feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by Quibi; March 19th, 2016 at 08:28 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    The voice files may very well be encoded in HEVAG which is one of the proprietary ADPCM-like Sony formats that the Vita can decode in hardware (the other being AT9, but that's more for music).

Other than support in the Unity game engine, there seems to be very little information about HEVAG on the internet - maybe because all relevant info is part of Sony's SDK which will obviously be under NDA.

Gotta love proprietary formats, and Sony is definitely an expert at them.
    Last edited by NM64; March 19th, 2016 at 08:50 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Progress has been made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Quote Originally Posted by RR121 View Post
    Progress has been made.
    Don't sell yourself short. This man here, with his Kotomine smile of epicness, has done it. He managed to decode the files from Sony's Atrac9 coedc. So basically we now can successfully get access to all of HA's voice files. Soon we'll be able to get moving with this project at hopefully much faster speeds. Thank you very much sir, I appreciate it to no end.
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    project promoted to literally sane

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I like to think I helped since I mentioned both HEVAG and AT9, maybe that got the ball rolling?
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song: