Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 111619202122232631 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Project

could you tell us about the process percent ? how long till you finish the patch ?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    It's not that easy to quantify those things. Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    A lot of outside factors can also cause trouble, for example, your computer suddenly dying on you. Yeah that may have happened, IT's still looking at it, hoping if nothing else the hard drive's fine so I can salvage my shit. Luckily because of the new Vita cracked workflow we developed anyway we'd have to start from scratch on a lot of the patching anyway (which I have not had time to do right now) so no progress has actually been lost and everything important is backed up somewhere.
    I know you're a new member, but I recommend you to read the posts of the thread you're replying to. It gets worse when it's the post right before yours that explains the situation.
    burn your dread you coward

thank you very much and sorry for the bother and I read it before , I was just hoping you could tell me is it weeks , months , or years ?

I will probably rule out years (probably!) and put it somewhere between weeks and months. As for my computer, while IT is incredibly vauge, AKA just sending me an Amazon link for a replacement screen and tell me to buy it for them, I'm going to assume (hopefully) this means it's just my screen that's broken.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    The trick with waiting on TM fan projects is to give up all hope they will ever be finished. Someday you might just get a pleasant surprise.

Actually now that I think about it this also applies to TM projects in general... or just Tsukihime :'(
    They're dedicated though. These masochists were originally planning to manually record and edit the audio. Thank god the Vita asset extraction crack was discovered before they got too far in.

We got 25% in, which to me feels like a lot since we're going to have to redo that 25% using the new workflow. Also just want it to be noted on record that I was not enough of a masochist to record the audio, Unlimited Saber Works offered to do that and I felt like if someone was going to do that I'd be willing to meet them 1/3 way, the other third being all the people who helped edit and split the recordings because fuck doing that one solo as well.

Also good news, my laptop is fixed, so we're all good, now I just need to wrap up my last project this semester............
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Alright good. I may be busy but don't hesitate to ring if there's an issue you think I can help with. As for time scale, Jacks assessment seems correct to me. If this was an actual project money was being budgeted for I'd say no more than 500 man hours would be needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

I'm not willing to rule out months because well this is a TM project AND IRL can be a bitch about taking your time away sometimes, but I'll be just as pissed off as everyone else if I haven't at least managed to get the first release out by the end of the year, but we'll see.
    Memorable quotes

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    first release
    Unlike your "deluxe" RN PC english patch, I assume subsequent releases would be bug fixes rather than new features? I mean, it's not like we're going to suddenly discover a new trove of voice clips...
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
    They're dedicated though. These masochists were originally planning to manually record and edit the audio. Thank god the Vita asset extraction crack was discovered before they got too far in.
    I know. I'm following this closely myself, that was just a joke advice for the average fan.
    burn your dread you coward

I wish i could understand Japanese and coding(?) so i could help as well

Nah, what this project really could use is someone who understands Russian and fishing.

What's that? So long as it doesn't go into super complex fishing details (screw you, shootballs), I could probably help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Unlike your "deluxe" RN PC english patch, I assume subsequent releases would be bug fixes rather than new features? I mean, it's not like we're going to suddenly discover a new trove of voice clips...
    Oh no, rather certain parts of the game are going to be more annoying to patch than others. For example, the minigame, Illya's Castle, is also voiced, and Hanafuda was voiced with RN releases but we only have the files in numbers, so we'd have to hand by hand organize them. So in other words, the first release would just be the actual normal VN style scenes voiced, that way people aren't held up from reading the VN voiced by shit like the mini games, make sense?
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    New workflow confirmed successful. Going full speed ahead.

Well, TM-projects-full-speed-ahead. I bet on release happening before mahoyo full patch (take that mcjon).

Blog Entries
    It's not a dig if it's the truth.

Blog Entries
    no you're supposed to be like "oh yeah then I'm gonna release mahoyo even faster" omg guys are so dense

Oh yeah, I had somehow managed to totally forget the Mahoyo translation project was a thing.

[And that is how you deal with the wait for the typical TM project.]

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors kotelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Oh yeah, I had somehow managed to totally forget the Mahoyo translation project was a thing.

[And that is how you deal with the wait for the typical TM project.]
    Please don't forget about Commie.

I still have their project page bookmarked, so my tech implants from the future won't ever truly forget it.