Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 45678111656 ... LastLast

Thread: 12's RP Brainstorming Thread

If Mike joined the grill war....I probably would have killed him off with GM powers.
    -Insert witty signature here-

*ignoring Lotus for now, because it's true and arguing/snarkery won't do anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, even if I didn't know about Sakura, I would still be utterly repulsed by Zouken and his methods, so it wouldn't change very much. And, it would be pretty hard for me to forget Sakura when she's there in front of me....
    You might be surprised. It'd depend on how it registered- a spot blindness, seeing them speak to people who aren't there, and that kind of thing, or interact with her, only to forget everything about her each time one of you turns away. It'd be a pain in the ass, but it might be interesting, if it was done right. Not sure it's worth it, though.

It'd also depend on who you "were." I don't think that 4th War Caster, for example, would give a damn. But seriously, who'd want to be like that? Ugh.

Wrong, Lotus, you would have quitted the RP after being tortured with walls of texts.

Also, I must add, any game or RP involving Mike scares the fuck out of me (especially if I'm participating). Having him as an ally would not make it any less frightening. He's so merciless.

He must be a robot.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    Wrong, Lotus, you would have quitted the RP after being tortured with walls of texts.

Also, I must add, any game or RP involving Mike scares the fuck out of me (especially if I'm participating). Having him as an ally would not make it any less frightening. He's so merciless.

He must be a robot.
    Robots can't have raging erections for girls...

And I would have killed him off.
    He probably would have ignored the rules and such...

AI?
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

AI?
    His AI would be the absolute worst I've seen then.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Saint View Post
    If Mike joined the grill war....I probably would have killed him off with GM powers.
    Well, if you want to be a complete prick, then that's up to you, I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by ringlhach View Post
    *ignoring Lotus for now, because it's true and arguing/snarkery won't do anything
    You might be surprised. It'd depend on how it registered- a spot blindness, seeing them speak to people who aren't there, and that kind of thing, or interact with her, only to forget everything about her each time one of you turns away. It'd be a pain in the ass, but it might be interesting, if it was done right. Not sure it's worth it, though.
    Well, like I said, if it worked then I'd probably just quit out of boredom.

It'd also depend on who you "were." I don't think that 4th War Caster, for example, would give a damn. But seriously, who'd want to be like that? Ugh.
    Yes, but I'm quite obviously not going to choose to play a character like that....

Well, if he killed me off for absolutely no reason he would most certainly get a huge wall of text heading his direction....

And I would have killed him off.
    Well, if you started randomly victimising players then I would hope that no-one would play any more.

He probably would have ignored the rules and such...
    It depends on what you mean by the "rules". I would generally avoid breaking rules which are part of the setting itself (such as not Godmodding), because those are the rough equivalent of the laws of Physics (they're laws which can't be broken, and thus if you're duing an RP it's silly to do so, because it ceases to be an RP. But, rules which make no real sense or are clearly arbitrary I will ignore.

His AI would be the absolute worst I've seen then.
    Yes, that's because I'm a real person. You, on the other hand, seem to be running a damn good implementation of the "troll" AI.
    Last edited by Mike1984; May 27th, 2011 at 10:13 AM.

My my my.
    Stating the truth these says gets me labeled a troll? I wouldn't kill you off for no reason, you would have to break a rule first.
    And knowing you, you'd break the rules that would make no sense TO YOU.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My my my.
    Stating the truth these says gets me labeled a troll? I wouldn't kill you off for no reason, you would have to break a rule first.
    Well, having looked through the RP discussion thread, there's no way in hell I'd play with you as GM, because you're an absolute shit GM, godmodding everything for your own benefit and to screw the other players over.

And, your first post was "if Mike joined the Grill War, I'd probably kill him off with GM powers", which was blatent trolling.

And knowing you, you'd break the rules that would make no sense TO YOU.
    Well, yes, of course. It depends on whether your rules make the slightest bit of sense, and I get the impression that they don't, so we would probably get on very badly if you GM'd, and it would end up with me getting pissed off with not only you but also all the sheep who would inevitably back you because you're "in charge".

I wouldn't mind getting involved in an RP like that, but you're too much of an asshole and a troll for me to do so with you GMing it, because I can't cope with asshole tinpot dictators who make arbitrary rules and expect them to be followed, no matter what they're running.

Well, having looked through the RP discussion thread, there's no way in hell I'd play with you as GM, because you're an absolute shit GM, godmodding everything for your own benefit and to screw the other players over.

And, your first post was "if Mike joined the Grill War, I'd probably kill him off with GM powers", which was blatent trolling.
    OH?~
    I'm a shit GM?~
    I'm not so overpowered in the war. I've been toned down~
    And frankly, Leo is very OP himself~

And I wasn't trolling with that~
    All I was doing was stating the truth~

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now people. Lets not turn this into a flamefest, ok?

Hmm... are you planning to do a rerun of the Fifth, twelve? Though, since you have much more Servants, you would probably have to throw in OCs for Masters to fill up all the Master slots.

Or are you going to go with a more original spin?

In any case, will we be RP-ing pairs or just a specific Servant/Master?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OH?~
    I'm a shit GM?~
    I'm not so overpowered in the war. I've been toned down~
    And frankly, Leo is very OP himself~
    Well, I've not read the whole thread. I just get that impression from what little I have read.

And I wasn't trolling with that~
    All I was doing was stating the truth~
    Well, if I'd end up getting kicked out then you are either a troll or a shit GM, because I don't go out to be disruptive.

Hmm, sure Mellon.

And a few OCs as masters would help fill the gap.

Well, I've not read the whole thread. I just get that impression from what little I have read.

Well, if I'd end up getting kicked out then you are either a troll or a shit GM, because I don't go out to be disruptive.
    Most of my "TROLLING" there is really just harmless playing around.

You don't go out to be disruptive, but you end up being disruptive anyway...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You don't go out to be disruptive, but you end up being disruptive anyway...
    Only if the GM is being an asshole....

Only if the GM is being an asshole....
    Or if you don't agree with them and ultimately derail the topic...

Cut it out, for respect to this awesome thread.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Or if you don't agree with them and ultimately derail the topic...
    Well, I don't see why people shouldn't discuss things with the GM. And I've seen people doing much the same in your thread, too.

There's "discussing with the GM" and there's "refusing to concede the point when the GM's explained his reasoning and is, by the established rules of the RP, correct." There's a difference. That path usually leads to "rocks fall, everybody dies."

In any case, will we be RP-ing pairs or just a specific Servant/Master?
    If I may, I would like to recommend roleplaying pairs. That is playing the role of both the Master and the Servant. It is easier to keep activity that way. Opinions?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ringlhach View Post
    There's "discussing with the GM" and there's "refusing to concede the point when the GM's explained his reasoning and is, by the established rules of the RP, correct." There's a difference. That path usually leads to "rocks fall, everybody dies."
    But when we're taking about characterisation of characters which the GM did not create, he's not automatically right, because they're not his characters. If I join an RP based around Nasuverse characters, I think it's quite reasonable for me to expect them to act like said Nasuverse characters. Obviously, different people have different interpretations, and as long as the GMs interpretation is reasonable then I agree that it has to stand, for the sake of consistency, but if the GM suddenly says (for instance) "Shirou would immediately kill Sakura if he found out the truth" then I would be entirely within my rights to argue with that, because it's just plain wrong.

If I may, I would like to recommend roleplaying pairs. That is playing the role of both the Master and the Servant. It is easier to keep activity that way. Opinions?
    Well, it probably speeds things up a bit, but it also removes most of the possible conflict between the two, because you're always going to share similar goals.