View Poll Results: How do you feel about the recent developments from this short story (lore-wise)?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • I approve of/like these new developments

94 69.12%
  • I disapprove of/dislike these new developments

11 8.09%
  • I neither like nor dislike these developments

31 22.79%
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 246469727374
Results 1,461 to 1,473 of 1473

Thread: Garden of Avalon

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post
    h arturia had ancestors who made a deal for temporary glory and a fated destruction.
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    ?
    Uther with merlin mordred makes the comparison in the 3rd volume of apocrypha
    Was it the low ceiling hanging above them? The Servant found it somewhat difficult to breathe, giving the illusion that the world was slowly crushing down upon her. To distance her mind from the sensation, her thoughts went hazily back to what they had talked about earlier.
    A contract with a mysterious being…. generations of glory followed by a promised fall… and

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    that wasn't uther but artoria who made that "contract" Mordred is referencing.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    that wasn't uther but artoria who made that "contract" Mordred is referencing.
    It is in the beginning of the kay chapter, uther arranged for his mageline to continue and merlin set up everything for him and arturia, arturia simply went along with it when she drew caliburn. It was actually mostly in the lancelot chapter
    The king chosen to be the King of Britain was bestowed with a mysterious power. It waned however, and Uther, the previous King, was to have been the last of its keepers. King Uther feared that the next generation would no longer be under supernatural – under the protection of the British Isle, and was driven to the forbidden: to produce a child with his own blood and the blood of a dragon by manmade means. The magus Merlin accepted King Uther’s proposal, and finding the best carrier for blending the two bloods he created the ideal king. It was for the sake of Britain’s survival. There was no ill intent in the act. It was the proper course of action for a ruler of a kingdom to wish to make an even stronger successor.
    Last edited by The Archangel; January 3rd, 2017 at 03:42 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    its never implied there's going to be fated destruction if Uther accepted.

On the other hand
    "You should think this through before you grab that."

He says he is not trying to frighten her, but that she should stop.

"You will not be human once you take hold of the sword."

He also said that she would be resented by all humanity and die a miserable death.

She could not have been without fear.
    Because the magus showed her.
    The end she would face if she took the sword.

"No."

But that just made the girl more determined.
    She nodded firmly, even when she was shown her future.
    The magus asks her if she is really fine with that.

"Many people were smiling.
    I do not believe it will be a mistake."

Mordred is definitely referring to the above.
    Also Vol 3 of Apo was released an entire year before Garden of Avalon.
    Last edited by You; January 3rd, 2017 at 03:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    its never implied there's going to be fated destruction if Uther accepted.

On the other hand

Mordred is definitely referring to the above.
    Also Vol 3 of Apo was released an entire year before Garden of Avalon.
    Merlin saw arturia's future before she was born hence why he had already planned for her to be raised away from the castle by ector and kay, and why uther and merlin prepared caliburn ahead of time and I believe that both made a contract then. Uther to set up arturia's birth and arturia to become king. Though I never get the nonhuman bit since gawain gets powered by the sun. I get she is ageless, but that is a property of the sword, it isnt like she is a vampire, fae, dragon(Bathory/arturia has the aspect of a dragon, but no blood because mordred doesnt meaning it isnt genetic), etc... Having powers above normal humans doesnt make you nonhuman, mages are considered humans and most of KoRT are refered to as superhuman and are treated as humans

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's an awful lot of assuming and detouring to make a throw-away thought that Mordred had, not to be about the person she chases after and has issues with, but instead Uther.
    It seems you don't want to be dissuaded so I won't press the issue.

Blog Entries
    That's an awful lot of assuming and detouring to make a throw-away thought that Mordred had, not to be about the person she chases after and has issues with, but instead Uther.
    It seems you don't want to be dissuaded so I won't press the issue.
    Sorry, I trailed off what you said makes more sense and increases the sisigou/father comparison
    Back then I thought that since sisigou didnt make the contract, it would be more fitting for a Uther=ancestors and sisigou=Arthur kind of thing, but yeah yours makes more sense given its mordred, it is also weird mordred feels that way towards the contract(caliburn), but still seeks it, but you know the deal "i have to get daddy's approval" and all
    Last edited by The Archangel; January 3rd, 2017 at 05:49 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Long dormant/dead thread, I know, but I saw this machine translation of part of the novel on Reddit here and I felt that it deserved to be reposted here even with the possible inaccuracies, if only for prosperity's sake. All credits go to Reddit user Kronglas, and this is reproduced with their permission.

As far as I can tell, this section happens after the fight with Vortigern and it ends slightly before the Rhongominyad info dump. Bits of it were mentioned in scattered spoiler posts, so it may seem familiar to many.

After the defeat of Vortigern, King Arthur had a great task in rebuilding the destroyed city. With the return of the owner of the holy sword, the city regained its original mystique and was reborn as Camelot, the Castle of White Walls.

The years of King Arthur's reign over Britain refer to the ten years between the completion of Camelot and the battle at Camlann Hill. I'm sure you've heard of it. The war against the barbarians called by Vortigern was still going on, but it was generally a peaceful decade.

The war with the Picts in the north was over, the Saxons had lost their momentum, and the cavalry, now lords and ladies, were getting along reasonably well. This was the last Romance era on the planet. There were still mysteries to be found in the fierce, magic and sorcery. It was a time of twilight, when there was still mystery, sorcery.

Most of the legends of the Knights of the Round Table took place during this period.

"It's nice to have a official office, but isn't it a bit too grand? It's no different from the shelf of the Round Table. I prefer a simpler, leaner look."

She placed her hand on the wooden table with an unenthusiastic effort.

The desk is polished to a mirror-like finish and has detailed designs on it. She had been in the field a lot. I'm sure the castle life is too luxurious and uncomfortable for her.

"It is the duty of a king to live a life of luxury, King Arthur. Camelot is all right. The fairies did eighty percent of the work, so it's not made with your people's taxes."

"Is that so? Then who are the ones working day and night to repair the castle?"

"Half of them are fairies disguised as humans, and the other half are humans who pretend not to notice that they are fairies."

"What a surprise, I had heard that the fairies had left the earth and gone to Avalon. I thought that the only things left on the island were the giants and monsters that despised people."

"Yup. The fairies escaped to Reverse Side of the World, but it's still possible to enter and exit. The gate will disappear soon, though. It's biased to say that the giants hate human beings. They cannot break free from their material yoke. They can't live in a spiritual body like fairies, so they couldn't move to the Reverse Side of the World. Their only choice is to remain on the Earth. Scared to be driven out by civilization, they have no choice but to live like this."

"Then what about dragons? Is there a dragon somewhere in this land that can protect Britain?"

She asked out of pure curiosity. Not out of sympathy for the dragon that was her parent, but out of pure frankness.

"The dragon has been underground for as long as the Western calendar has been in existence. It's been almost five hundred years since he fell asleep. By now he has turned to stone and eventually will seep into the soil. The dragon's soul has already been transferred to the other side. It's just that the souless body will turn into ore after death."

"Is that so? As expected of Merlin, you know your stuff."

"Of course. I am your teacher in weapons and magic, there are still so many things I want to tell you. But for now, I'm the king of the books. The Saxons are about to cross the sea again. Their numbers are increasing. I wonder who's in charge of the south now."

"Sir Tristan and Bedivere. They can last a month with the supplies they have."

"Oh. If Bedi around, Tristan will work hard. I'm sorry Bedi, but it's a great team."

"Merlin. Correction, Sir Tristan is a very serious man. His sensibilities are a bit too poetic for my taste. so he only appears to be devoted to comforting the opposite sex. The only ones who are disloyal are you and Sir Kay."

"Oh, my God! In your mind, I'm as hollow as Kay, even though I'm your teacher! But you're wrong Artoria. It is true that I have many loves, but all of them are pledges of eternal love. They are not as pessimistic as Sir Tristan's, or forgotten the next day like Kay's. It's about a man and a woman in love with each other, aiming for a happy affair."

"I see. Well, that's Agravain's assessment. He may not talk much, but he is the best judge of character."

"It's getting worse! I can't believe you' d trust that gloomy ghost of a man. Sure, he's got a good eye, but he' s a nervous wreck, and he's like the incarnation of a holy priest with absolutely no respect for authority! The best thing about the knights at the round table is that they are all eccentric and never boring. That's the best part!"

In Camelot, there is a relic called the Round Table. It is a literal round table, at which all sworn knights, regardless of rank, sit together as equals. It was originally a sign of heroism, a Mystic Code to show their bond, but it has been reworked for Camelot.

Camelot Castle is based on this round table and represents its shape in this world.

If King Arthur's holy sword is the energy source required to maintain the castle, the round table is like a pillar that holds the castle in place.

There are enough seats for thirteen people, and King Arthur is one of those seated at the round table. At the moment, there are still many empty seats, but soon there will be twelve knights. Why twelve instead of thirteen? Because the Round Table has what is known as the most dangerous seat in the house. No one wanted to sit in this chair because it was the unlucky thirteenth. At that time, anyone at the round table could sit at that table.

The Tristan she had mentioned earlier was the son of King Rivalen, a beautiful man who had become a wandering knight for one reason or another. Also known as the Child of Sorrow. It is said that even fairies worry about their appearance in front of him and hide in the bushes from embarrassment

This is regrettably true.

If the opponent is a woman, she will probably be quicker to pierce with a glance than with an arrow.

Tristan is the best archer at the Round Table, but calling him an "archer" is a bit of a stretch. Archers from all over the world say, "That's a bow." The only thing he can do is to protest, "That's not true, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the bow. I can't help it."

Agravain is related to King Arthur ...... and is the son of his sister, Morgan, who is directly related to King Uther.

He is a man who became a knight of the Round Table as a result of this relationship. He is a cold-hearted man who never expresses regret and never gets angry. Although he is a knight, King Arthur praises and believes that he is equal in everything.

The other knights of the Round Table are suspicious of him because he sends soldiers to the dead ground without hesitation, however, no one can strongly resist because there is no impure point in his private life.

Agravain rarely stands on the front lines, but when he does, he can survive unscathed no matter how strong the enemy. The knights of the Round Table are considered heroes. But not all of them are as strong as they are, and even they are not as strong as King Arthur. And even they are not as strong as King Arthur.

The barbarism of the foreign peoples has somehow been stifled. But the future of Britain remains in the balance, and the lives of its people will not change. Yes. Even if you defeat the cause of the Dark Age. The fact that the future will not be brightened by defeating the cause of the jury's black confrontation is what is causing the malice to grow in the hearts of the people. Wasn't King Arthur a shining king, and wasn't following his words going to make us a prosperous country?

"That's not the problem. This island has always been poor. The people of Britain are getting poorer. The only reason the people of Britain are getting poorer is because they can't see the shining towers anymore."
    Last edited by All fictions; March 30th, 2021 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Guys, I am damn confused as to the translation about Garden of Avalon

We have CanonRap's TL of Chapter 00 + 01 (half)

We have : https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...rden-of-Avalon
    Kay's part
    Lancelot's part
    About Rhon
    VS Vortigern
    Now what are these? I am not getting where they should be placed in CanonRap's TL

We have a reddit post stating SCUFFED TRANSLATION and then its's written 02, so am to assume it is Chapter 02? But go down a bit and you'll see another EXCERPT from Chapter 02 translated by mewarmo99 and they don't match a bit, then what did mewarmo99 translated? Not from beginning?

Now someone please tell me what should be 'legit' in the novel and what's the order

Please
    Last edited by VoidSapphire498; August 8th, 2021 at 01:10 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidSapphire498 View Post
    We have a reddit post stating SCUFFED TRANSLATION and then its's written 02, so am to assume it is Chapter 02? But go down a bit and you'll see another EXCERPT from Chapter 02 translated by mewarmo99 and they don't match a bit, then what did mewarmo99 translated? Not from beginning?
    I mean yes? It's pretty obvious.

You said "they don't match a bit", but like, you can clearly see it if you read that mewarmo's translated bit happens after. Look at the first and last lines of each.
    Quote Originally Posted by last line of Reddit translation
    "That's not the problem. This island has always been poor. The people of Britain are getting poorer. The only reason the people of Britain are getting poorer is because they can't see the shining towers anymore."
    Quote Originally Posted by first line of mewarmo translation
    "That's not the problem. This island is poor to begin with. The people of Britain are falling into darkness because the Radiant Tower can no longer be seen."
    They are translated slightly differently but they are clearly the same line
    Now what are these? I am not getting where they should be placed in CanonRap's TL
    Clearly after? The bits translated by Canon stop at Artoria as a kid getting trained by Ector, I would think anything else comes after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

So the order should be :
    CanonRap (00+01(half))
    those 4 chapters (Kay.... VS)
    the scuffed chapter 2
    the mewarmo one

?

Too lazy to learn japanese... TheSpheromancer's Avatar
    I removed the background of the logos from the drama cd booklet and made a few different versions for personal use.
    I'm putting it here in case someone else wants it.
    https://imgur.com/a/KNbK4Oo
    Last edited by TheSpheromancer; December 3rd, 2022 at 08:50 PM.
    Fate / Stay Night Routes:

Fate: Best Shirou Ship +
    UBW: Best Shirou Moments
    HF: Best Plot + +