Page 204 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104154194199202203204205 LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4097

Thread: Cavern of the Sun Goddess - a Casko Fanclub!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Harlot is a dumb translation for 傾国. Femme fatale would catch the meaning better, but what's really important in Tamamo's context is the word's association with Daji, the person the word was created for. Honestly, if I were the translator, I'd skip the subtext that requires knowledge of Sino-Japanese etymology and straight up call it "Daji Mode".

A bad name. "Daji mode", on the contrary, means that the harlot. Doji has always had orgies. Femme fatale is better suited, if I understand correctly, story of Tamamo

It became very interesting. Why Miko fox? Tamamo didn't work Miko.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    That's because her relationship to Daji hadn't really been made clear until recently. Also that is Tamamo's actual legend outside of Fate's characterization.

Foxtail just did a chapter exploring her past but you won't see any new info if you've played Extra. CCC is the sequel to Extra and even has a scene with Amaterasu herself.
    It's mostly stuff that's been inferred throughout her appearances and other character's reactions to her. The recent Tunguska event in FGO has a bunch of info on Daji, but doesn't involve Tamamo.
    I thought the whole thing there was a bait-and-switch thing where it pretty much went "Psych, OMG this person you thought was Daji is actually totally not Daji and just looks like Tamamo"?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In relation to Koyan sure, but the event also features Taigong, who talks about and has flashbacks with actual Daji.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    My thought on the Daji idea has been Amaterasu sent the Daji to all the areas and it eventually it returned to her giving her their memories and feelings. Then when Amaterasu made the bunrei/avatar that became Tamamo she original seal her memories so Tama would live like a human. When Tama died however the seal came undone and the memories came to her like a movie. As we know Tama didn't return to Amaterasu and is trying to live her own "life" so I think she tries to see the actions she took when she was known as Mizukume as her true self, but being still being a bunrei all of Amaterasus acts are ingrained in her soul. That is also why I think Cat said OG was a Daji. As Cat knows Tama has the memories of those time. So I think Tama can be and not be thought of as a Daji. This is just my thoughts though so feel free to poke holes where I'm clearly wrong.
    I still believe this could be a possable idea to explain things, though my knowledge on the mythology and nasuverse is every limited.

Did the fox work as a courtesan? I'm talking about the Tamamo version, not Daji.

I be-leave she did. She was her lords top wife at the time if I am remembering right.

O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    Isn't the Sessho-seki in Fate Tamamo's corpse? I know it's memes and all but using other media Tamamos would be more appropriate.

Fox fans. Give wise advice. I just played the interlude of the fox, and now Tamamo has lost in my eyes the title of the ideal wife. Both interludes greatly spoiled the character by the fact that she remembers another master but serves a new one. Was it difficult for fgo to create a new Tamamo without memories? Considering that the fox in fgo has had to deal with this for a long time. What did the fans do with it? Or did I misunderstand the interludes?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    lmao

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I agree it kinda sucks that Tamamo is so devoted to Hakuno when she still remembers Twice. She should have committed to her gimmick and be 100% loyal to Twice.

The problem is that now her vows sound like lies. I don't know what to do with this

Quote Originally Posted by Renar View Post
    The problem is that now her vows sound like lies. I don't know what to do with this
    Her wish in FGO is to serve a pure soul, and there are tons of female servants who are still committed to their life partner while still helping out Chaldea. By your logic Saber is betraying Shirou by serving another master as well.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Imagine being so insecure that (you) feel cucked by another (you)

Would that make it the sort of cuck that Archer felt in the fate route?

Was Archer allowing himself to be cucked?

Was him being cucked for the sanctity of the timeline??

We'll never know.

It is difficult to imagine that this is another you, since the fox said that the soul is different. And the very fact that the fox looked at another soul when he remembers the past soul is very upsetting.
    Seriously, why did the author write that Tamamo remembers another soul?

> yet another cuckrant

lmao

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Renar View Post
    Seriously, why did the author write that Tamamo remembers another soul?
    This fox is so cruel man

I forgave her for fucking Rin in front of me but then she goes after Gudao???? She acts so flirty with Kintoki too I can't take it anymooooore