Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 256789121757 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Feel Manga Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    You still haven't told me how that can be done without blatantly saying or showing it.
    Nasu made it a point to say it over and over again, emphasize how it made her super horney, etc. Shinji kidnapping her at the same time doesn't help, as it's just another layer on heavy handed approach nasu took. Having Sakura angst about it is good, it's very reasonable for her to be ashamed/feel violated. Removing the majority of the narraration pushing it makes it a lot easier. Introducing it earlier in the VN would have helped spread it out, while HF could be left to go into the specifics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Tbh, I just find the style used in the ufo anime more pleasing to the eye than the VN.

I wouldn't say more attractive, but to me Sakura did look better in the ufo anime. Maybe it was because of the lighting, I dunno.
    A high budget 2014 anime looks better than an old visual novel is to be expected. I was mostly talking about her acting cute in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    I prefer the original character designs. Sakura is pretty hot too.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like this pic of her: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35500000/Sakura-Matou-sakura-matou-35540315-259-194.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    She generally looks really good in the CGs

SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Lot of prior bias going on here. Showing and/or mentioning worm rape once (to establish her status quo) would equate to "PITY HER!!!", but constantly showing Shirou lose his family, his belongings, his life, and his identity to a fire and constantly being told he's broken as a person doesn't equate to that?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Is Not Into Bondage View Post
    She generally looks really good in the CGs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    One isn't over-the-top ridiculous so much so that it loops back around into funny, and one is. Guess which.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Non H cgs, you happy?

The youtube vids I was watching skipped the H-scenes for the most part thank god but there where still a few flashes. It did cause a rather funny situation in which I though the HF dream sequence was the UBW sex scene which gave a slight dampener on the finale.

- - - Updated - - -

For me anyway, I know Orivaa is into that shit

Blog Entries
    This is totally unrelated to the topic at hand but does anyone else think Paitouch is really cool and handsome? I think so.

"nadodespoi" (that is how it sounds in my head probably wrong spelling) is a cool phrase if somewhat random+annoying

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pai makes my heart go nanodesupoi
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Lot of prior bias going on here. Showing and/or mentioning worm rape once (to establish her status quo) would equate to "PITY HER!!!", but constantly showing Shirou lose his family, his belongings, his life, and his identity to a fire and constantly being told he's broken as a person doesn't equate to that?
    If you're gonna equate the fire to dickworms, I don't really see where you're coming from at all.

Also, coming into the argument saying 'lol ur biased as fuck' isn't exactly giving a great impression
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    nanodesupai

As far as ufo (I assume sudo) vs takeuchi, the boobs in the latest adaptation are kinda oversized/un-natural imo. Idol sakura kinda personifies that XD

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    This is totally unrelated to the topic at hand but does anyone else think Paitouch is really cool and handsome? I think so.
    To add, he's also a very generous and thoughtful guy.
    Last edited by orangetunes; April 3rd, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    he's sugoi sugoi kakkoiii desuyone~
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    hmmn... to me he hits assorted moe notes.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Wow, now I feel guilty. How dare you make me feel that.

Besides, mentioning worm rape once isn't going to do that. What I'm worried about is that in every scene in the beginning in which Sakura isn't with Shirou she'll either be raped or tossed around like a ragdoll or spat on or whatever other horrible things you can do to a person to stress the point that Sakura's life is the worst. And there's only so much you can do of that before it becomes more annoying than empathetic (that's a word, right?).
    Last edited by TomPen94; April 3rd, 2015 at 05:44 PM.
    burn your dread you coward

Dickworms and rape try to make you pity Sakura, but after a while, it becomes something akin to "We get it, you're not a virgin". It feels like the writer is forcing you to see Sakura in a way and to justify her actions.

With Shirou, you aren't supposed to pity him. Him losing his identity expands on why he's broken as a human. The writer isn't telling you "PITY THIS BROKEN ORPHAN BOY".

598,535,004 (NA)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    If you're gonna equate the fire to dickworms, I don't really see where you're coming from at all.

Also, coming into the argument saying 'lol ur biased as fuck' isn't exactly giving a great impression
    I'm not arguing that the acts themselves are on the same level. I'm merely saying that if dickworms are mentioned/shown once, just to establish what they are and their effect on Sakura, that it in no way is shoving it down the readers' throats or shaking them while yelling "PITY HER". If establishing a fact about a character's background does that, then how does constantly mentioning and bringing up the fire not count? It's done explicitly to explain his behavior (as the worms are), but unlike the suggested "once for information" worms, the fire is constantly being reminded.

And I'd like to see where I said "lol ur biased as fuck" rather than just prior bias existing. Which it is, since you're arguing that a single mention is shoving something down everyone's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Wow, now I feel guilty. How dare you make me feel that.

Besides, mentioning worm rape once isn't going to do that. What I'm worried about is that in every scene in the beginning in which Sakura isn't with Shirou she'll either be raped or tossed around like a ragdoll or spat on or whatever other horrible things you can do to a person to stress the point that Sakura's life is the worst. And there's only so much you can do of that before it becomes more annoying than empathetic (that's a word, right?).
    This I would agree with. If they DO constantly shove it down the readers' throats, rather than merely establishing the background, then yes it's bad. Though my understanding is it's only really the first chapter/prologue that's being done from Sakura's point of view (to contrast Rin's PoV prologue for UBW).

(And yes empathetic is a word.)