View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Emiya Kiritsugu?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • A kind and selfless person that sacrificed his heart and soul for the greater god

    12 30.77%
  • I have some issues with him, but my opinions are mostly positive

    18 46.15%
  • A complex character; I'm not sure how I feel towards him

    11 28.21%
  • He's not as bad as purely evil characters like Ryuunosuke, but he's pretty awful

    12 30.77%
  • He's a demon. Pure evil to the very core. Rot in hell, you bastard.

    7 17.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 171

Thread: What do you think of Kiritsugu?

  1. #1

    What do you think of Kiritsugu?

    Since the subject of Kiritsugu's morality was raised in the "Questions" thread, I thought this would be an interesting poll to create. Personally, my feelings have always been best described by option one.

  2. #2
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,858
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Poll is pretty biased and doesn't have the option I want to select.

  3. #3
    I would create an ''Other" option, but it seems you can't edit polls. What would your desired option be?

  4. #4
    don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    in medias res
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,288
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    1
    sacrificed his heart and soul for the greater god
    But that's Kotomine.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Søborg, Copenhagen
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,788
    Blog Entries
    17
    I like him as a character and he is undeniably a good protagonist, but his moral compass is completely and totally fucked.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,668
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Where's my "A tragic dick who looks great in black" option?
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  8. #8
    Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    hubba bubba
    Posts
    12,166
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Where's my "A tragic dick who looks great in black" option?
    Where's the batman option?

  9. #9
    闇色の六王 ~ ♡ Renko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Deep within Akasha
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,745
    JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    4
    He's basically Archer....only with guns and explosives.
    Last edited by Renko; April 26th, 2015 at 12:26 PM.

    "......"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

    Miscellaneous Info


    Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

    "THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

  10. #10
    tips fedora Fel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,235
    Better than Ryuunosuke. But since I can't really blame him for ending up so fucked in the head I'm not too sure about how to feel.

  11. #11
    I dislike Kiritsugu as a character so the last option is the only option.

    I am petty like that.

  12. #12
    The Best Kind of P.C. Megas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Finishing my backlog
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    I dislike Kiritsugu as a character so the last option is the only option.

    I am petty like that.
    I was actually going to check both the last and the second last since he made it a checklist poll, but decided not to because I despite disliking Kerry and thinking he's an abhorrent human being, I don't think he's totally evil.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    I was actually going to check both the last and the second last since he made it a checklist poll, but decided not to because I despite disliking Kerry and thinking he's an abhorrent human being, I don't think he's totally evil.
    He bores me, and for a fictional charater that counts as totally evil in my book. :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Purely a matter of personal opinion, but reading Zero, his sections were always the ones that put me to sleep.

    And that long childhood flashback was Satan.

  14. #14
    The Best Kind of P.C. Megas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Finishing my backlog
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,194
    I honestly don't really know how you can read Kerry in Zero and see a kind person.

    It's like you'd have to not read any of the scenes where he's actually thinking or doing things that mean anything.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

  15. #15
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,668
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    I honestly don't really know how you can read Kerry in Zero and see a kind person.

    It's like you'd have to not read any of the scenes where he's actually thinking or doing things that mean anything.
    He's kind to Illya!

    Well, he wishes he could be...
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  16. #16
    Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    hubba bubba
    Posts
    12,166
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    He's kind to Illya!

    Well, he wishes he could be...
    If I don't post that gif of Kerry shooting her brains out someone else will.

  17. #17
    Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,602
    Blog Entries
    12
    These options are kind of weird because they mix moral judgment with reception and that's something 12 year olds do, not the Very Mature members of Beast's Lair.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

  18. #18
    闇色の六王 ~ ♡ Renko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Deep within Akasha
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,745
    JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    4
    ^ No wonder people are afraid of BL. lol

    You're doing great Newbie......!
    Last edited by Renko; April 26th, 2015 at 01:04 PM.

    "......"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

    Miscellaneous Info


    Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

    "THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    These options are kind of weird because they mix moral judgment with reception and that's something 12 year olds do, not the Very Mature members of Beast's Lair.
    Wow, are you calilng me 12, I3uster?

    Thank you, I feel young again.

    ;_;

  20. #20
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,159
    Blog Entries
    5
    Well, let's compare his goals and methods. Goal: He wants to create a peaceful world. Great. Methods: In order to create a peaceful world, there are many things that must be destroyed, but also there are many things that must be built. Kiritsugu has got the destruction part down. However, he is unable to build. That's why he wants the Grail to build things (of course, even the Grail was unable to do so). If Kiritsugu ended up working for someone who knows both destruction and creation, it could have worked out for him. However, he did not find such a one.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •