Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New admin, and possible moderator slot opening

Blog Entries

New admin, and possible moderator slot opening

As a few people have already noticed, my name has acquired a snazzy new color. While a part of me will miss wearing a taiga-centric color, I overall am looking forward to what will hopefully be a painless process of integrating to my new role as admin. Now, I actually was taken a little off guard by this myself, so this notification thread is more then a little unpolished.

Cliff notes version, the vote had been in the works for a while, but it being completed today, which resulted in my being tapped to replace the vacancy that roadbuster left behind, was not something I had anticipated. That said, me being made administrator will only effect a few areas of BL and most of these are things normal forumites will not be effected by. The changes that most concern you is as an admin I have some extra latitude in my day to day policing of the forum, and my vote will count differently then it did as a moderator.

I feel it is important to note that my elevation is, at least in my view, a statement of trust by the other admins and moderators, and I have every intention of living up to that trust as absolute best I can. I am not perfect, as any number of members have happily explained to me during my time on BL, but I hope I can do my job well and help maintain the friendly, welcoming place that was so nice to the n00b that thought the third magic was time travel, and the root referred to the big bang. (that was in like, 2010 or so for those of you with copies of the old forum, look it up, I did that)

My elevation aside, my no longer acting as a mod leaves a vacancy in our mean green team. This is a problem because both seika and mac have noted that the work maintaining and running the forum was more stressful then they had envisioned, as a result, there is a high likelihood we will look for another active member (actually, some on the team are even pushing for two new members) to join the crew.

...and if that should occur, hopefully I will be a bit better about doing one of these forum notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Just please stay away from the forum cogs and gears panel when you've been hitting the brew thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

And congratulations.

Blog Entries
    congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

Last edited by Kat; May 8th, 2015 at 04:41 PM.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Green is a Taiga colour?

And didn't realise MacSeika was finding the job tough. More help would be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Tob-chan btw >.>
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Wait a minute, the third magic isn't about time travel?

Everything I know is a lie.

But seriously congratulations.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    congrats dude.

Well, with the Taigabutt, it was only a matter of time.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    So how much xp does a food puppet give? You've clearly gained enough to get a class change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Its called a job advancement.
    Oh right.

Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Cruor is very nice

Congratulations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    My elevation aside, my no longer acting as a mod leaves a vacancy in our mean green team.
    I don't understand why you being admin means you're no longer going to do mod stuff.

Blog Entries
    There are votes and choices that are more traditionally handled by the mod team. Now I'm nosy so I will probably still shove my nose in every once in a while, but while y'all probably won't see anything different, the team might.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I don't understand why you being admin means you're no longer going to do mod stuff.
    Admin accounts are actually time-locked out of the forum for the majority of every week, it's hardcoded into the vBulletin software.

Separation of powers.

Blog Entries
    Why are mods making votes for things, that sounds like the kind of thing you have administration to do

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, there are internal rules within the modding and admins which allowed certain actions. Except after the rule change before the last one (not the last policy change that happened with Seika/Mac), I thought we found out that you guys changed how the system operated and never exactly clarified how it went.

Previously the system sounded super democratic (which I don't think is very much needed) and needed like all 4 admins agreeing or more than half the mods or something to issue a warning/ban.

But when I talked to DP and I think Irun or someone in the rule change thread they were like that hasn't been done in awhile (as it makes things needlessly difficult). And the rule change itself was done to change from the voting system to one where you have 3 strikes and then banhammer (though, I think there was a slight chance of strike removal).

I assume votes are for rule changes or mod additions?
    Last edited by Cruor; May 8th, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why are mods making votes for things, that sounds like the kind of thing you have administration to do
    It was always like that, when there's a stalemate it went down the mods.

This is how mike got banned
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    The mod team is there specifically so the admins don't have to do everything. That's kinda the point.