Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Thread: Kara no Kyoukai manga

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I'm excited to know about this! Thanks for your work, Crown if I understood you to be the one translating it.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Wondering why the movies didn't show Aoko sick during that scene where Mikiya comments on her photograph with Alba and Araya. They showed her well, like a regular working day. It's interesting to see the little changes and order in which they present background information in the movies, in comparison with the LN and manga.

I recommend reading the manga adaptation if you want to find out what's missing from the movie and you don't like cokesakto's translation.
    Yep..the manga has great art. I kinda dig the designs. Movies were great. I wanted to read the novel but the translation is rather a fan adaptation rather than the actual thing.

Blog Entries
    Dullahan's impromptu translation was at least rather entertaining compared to the liberties taken by coke, but not just having the ability to read Japanese overnight is disheartening.

I was actually looking for something in the coke translation earlier for lack of another source, and I noticed the thing where Touko was sick in Paradox Spiral. Ahhh, I want to see cute, sick Touko.

There is that scene in Oblivion Recording where she sneezes because Shiki and Azaka are talking about her?

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries

かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    I thought you were taunting me for not being able to read, but then my heart grew three sizes. Thank you Dullahan-san.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Wondering why the movies didn't show Aoko sick during that scene where Mikiya comments on her photograph with Alba and Araya. They showed her well, like a regular working day. It's interesting to see the little changes and order in which they present background information in the movies, in comparison with the LN and manga.

I recommend reading the manga adaptation if you want to find out what's missing from the movie and you don't like cokesakto's translation.
    I was gonna joke about adaptation faithfulness in the most important things but

Quote Originally Posted by KnK 2004
    最後の力を振り絞るように言うと、そのまま澄子さんは目を閉じてしまった
    Touko-san spoke as if squeezing out the last dregs of her strength, then closed her eyes.

小振りな胸が上下して、静かに呼吸を繰り返している。きっと薬が良く効いて眠ったのだろう。
    Her slight chest moved up and down, repeating quiet breaths. The medicine had definitely taken effect, and she had fallen asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnK 2007
    最後の力を振り絞るように言うと、そのまま橙子さんは目を閉じてしまった。
    Touko-san spoke as if squeezing out the last dregs of her strength, then closed her eyes.

女性らしい胸が上下して、静かに呼吸を繰り返している。きっと薬が良く効いて眠ったのだろう。
    Her womanly chest moved up and down, repeating quiet breaths. The medicine had definitely taken effect, and she had fallen asleep.
    ufotable sure had an effect on nasu's artistic vision huh

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    I was gonna joke about adaptation faithfulness in the most important things but

ufotable sure had an effect on nasu's artistic vision huh
    Design changes more likely.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Hm. Haven't mentioned before due to keeping expectations low. But this guy on Reddit has apparently been working on reworking and completing the LN translation. Estimates he'll be done by the end of March.

He must not know of your efforts Crown as he's mentioned wanting to TL missing manga chapters after that?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

I assume most people use mangadex as a reference to see if something's been translated, so hopefully he'll notice the ones I've already done. That said, there's a gap from 22-29 and most of Paradox Spiral (33-56) which is really long; maybe they're talking about those. The only chapter I want to do is Oblivion Recorder tbh. If you have an account over there, let him know if you want. Either way, I don't really mind.

He browses BL anyway.
    Last edited by Crown; February 10th, 2021 at 02:04 AM.

Rewatched Oblivion Recorder. I had forgotten how much they watered down this chapter. Is cannibalism, incest, rape and suicide less taboo than prostitution? Or was it just the director at fault here? Has there ever been an explanation about it?
    Last edited by Crown; February 13th, 2021 at 06:03 PM.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    I'm amused that someone more familiar with Rakkyo is flummoxed by this one. I was curious about any explanation also, but it seems unspoken of. The assumed myriad of interviews and publications at the time of the movies airing might have held some answers but hey, I can't even find the one English language show that spotlighted Kara no Kyoukai again.

All I have are my own musings. We had a cold case type crime drama in the UK, which was broadcast on TV. Part of the plot was a guardian at a foster home having done a similar plot with the teens in there.
    That made me wonder about where the line is in Japan. I can only guess because it's a Catholic School involved with it? Complicit religious schoolgirls?

I also recall a JP detective show set in a strict Nunnery type place. A nun went killer because she was discovered daring to try contraband lipstick. Super bland end of religious involvement for a murder that made TV.
    No examples I know of for movies though.

(and re. the previous - I didn't know about the gaps, so that sounds likely)
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    >3 months pass
    >it's another 20 page chapter

t-thanks, tenkuu sphere
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

I shudder at the thought of how long the last story will take. At least he's doing a good job.

I still remember when this and TnS started. The next release date was monthly, then bimonthly and finally they were like, fuck it and removed that tentative date altogether.

forgot I was doing this, here's chapter 64

now let's see when the new chapter will come out

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    Hm. Haven't mentioned before due to keeping expectations low. But this guy on Reddit has apparently been working on reworking and completing the LN translation. Estimates he'll be done by the end of March.

He must not know of your efforts Crown as he's mentioned wanting to TL missing manga chapters after that?
    guy deleted his account heh
    Last edited by Crown; June 5th, 2021 at 03:34 PM.

Damn, can't believe the ledditor who claimed to have tl'd everything without ever releasing anything wasn't legit.

- - - Updated - - -

actually my bigger question is why his only forum contribution was voting on a poll from 2014

yo were you one of ours all along, if so well played

I got one of the chapters he claimed to have translated. It was a version of the Del Rey translation of Overlooking View that he slightly edited.

how the fuck can they get away without releasing a single chapter for 4 months holy shit

Blog Entries
    small indie mangaka please understand
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Blog Entries
    it only took six months (minus two days) but there's a new chapter. it's 18 pages long and very little happens.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう