Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Kara no Kyoukai manga

I think they release chapters this short when a volume is close to release. What's more, just checked and it seems that the pattern is approximately 5 chapters per volume. Vol.10 covered the first five. This one is 'chapter 9'...so maybe one or two chapters more and Vol.11 will be for sale in early 2022.

Then we'll have another hiatus.

Reading Spiral Paradox atm. They sure rearranged a handful of things (presentation order, lines) in the fifth movie which I think ultimately made it hard to follow at times. They mixed scenes from different days into a long sequence of Touko and Mikiya going to Ogawa. Some things I think they missed and that I would've liked to see:

• They cut Alba's attack and defense enchantment, would've been kino to watch and perhaps would make him look less pathetic, even if a bit.
    • I think they omitted the dialogue where Araya has concluded that the only way to reach the root is being born with the potential, being an innate 'genius'. The conversation then goes on Shiki's body and origin and all that jazz.
    • They removed Araya briefly asking Touko if she wanted to cooperate and how he was sure she'd reach it before him.

I know shit's too long to be able to pack everything up and tell it without boring the viewer, but still.

Some pages about what I'm talking about:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Crown; October 9th, 2021 at 02:42 AM.

Finished Paradox Spiral and moved onto reading 'Hollow Shrine'. I had the first chapter of this ready and was about to post it until I realized it was already done. In the tankoubon, the next chapter is like 60+ pages long and tbh that's a lot of editing I don't want to do, so maybe next year.

So the first noticeable difference with the movie (unless I don't remember the following scenes and the novel? [is this manga-only content or included in a newer edition?]) is the way Mikiya found Touko's office. In the manga, Mikiya is given a ticket by Gouto which in turn was handed over by his senpai at the judo club. It was the entry ticket for an art exposition. Mikiya attends the exposition and finds a spot where the air/atmosphere feels different and upon entering encounters the doll that mesmerized him because of her resemblance to Shiki's very self. Then Mikiya contacts the organizer of the gallery asking for the puppeteer name behind the doll that captivated him. This person hands him Touko's bussiness card and so Mikiya goes to find her place.

Mikiya goes back and forth the streets unable to find her office and it's only until again, the air changes that he notices a worn building and decides to enter. He knocks but there is no answer. The door is open and so he goes inside. In front of him, the Shiki-esque doll is sitting on a chair. Next moment, Touko appears and ask him if he's a delivery man, just before saying 'forget that, how did you even get in here?' which means Mikiya and her should never have met under normal circumstances, he broke into the building despite the ward.

Mikiya speaks about he wanted to meet artist behind the dolls at the gallery while peeking at the doll. Touko notices and ask him whether the reason the came all the way (he was actually the first person to do this) was to see that doll. Touko mentions how people that are captivated by dolls do exist, but that she could see in Mikiya eyes how the thing he was fascinated with was actually the inside of the doll—the emptiness which she doesn't find worth of praise and so orders Mikiya to go home. So ends their first encounter.

Mikiya doesn't know when to give up and tries to pay her a visit the next day, this time however, he's unable to find it. He gives it a few days and hits the streets to find Touko. This time, he finds the building but the previous boxes he had seen during their first encounter are gone, as though she had packed and left. Mikiya has the feeling that this person knows Shiki and because of his hunch, he wants to confirm and cannot give up. He finds her the next day almost at night time and ask her to hire him. Touko wonders why he wants to work at such an office, does he want to learn the craft of puppet making? maybe she could make him her apprentice? She asks him to come again the next day.

As Mikiya walks home he ponders about his life and plans to enter university. He says that while he told Shiki that going to college is important, even if he did get in, he probably wouldn't focus and would feel bad for leisurely spending his time. He just wants to go to college with her.

So the promised day comes and Mikiya knocks Touko's place door. An angry, glasses off Touko answers and tells him she's got a lot of work and to fuck off. He complies and so meets her until next day. This angry or serious Touko is the one Mikiya refers to when he says 'you sounded different on the phone'. This panel is a bit confusing but it seems that during this very same day, Touko asked him to investigate the hospital, his first job.

Touko is surprised that he still came after the facade she put on yesterday. Mikiya hands her the investigation and Touko is impressed at how much he accomplished by himself in such short notice. His investigation abilities coupled with the fact he broke into her ward are the reasons she hired him. Mikiya also gives her the box of cigarettes he received from Gouto as a gift with the ticket for the gallery, if that's somehow relevant.

The rest is as the novel says, Touko takes an interest in the story of Shiki, Mikiya asks her when did she get to meet Azaka. Come to think of it, it's never been explained in detail what happened at that time.

Thanks for reading my blog.

Also if someone's interested: I did chapter 65, 9 of Oblivion Recorder last week. Check the op.
    Last edited by Crown; October 23rd, 2021 at 03:46 PM.

the release rate of this series is a fucking joke

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    the release rate of this series is a fucking joke
    It's actually so dumb. The worst part is that it's actually very well drawn so I can't even stay non-mad at it schedule.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Is the author one of those people who juggles like a half dozen series at once, or is it just someone who is very bad at deadlines?

i think it's the 'magazine', TnS was the same

and just as we're complaining, it's out
    Last edited by Crown; December 28th, 2021 at 11:59 PM.

66 done
    still lazy with the editing, might revise it again later
    i really enjoyed this chapter

welcome to my thread
    anyway, here's the cover for the next volume

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a cute Azaka.

Blog Entries
    Girls in traditional Japanese religious outfits,
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    66 done
    still lazy with the editing, might revise it again later
    i really enjoyed this chapter
    hy, crown. if you ever need help with the editing. let me know and i'll do it for you whenever you are up to tl-ing the chapters. to be frank, i was supposed to reach out to you a couple months ago about this but kept postponing it due to RL matters,

hello, thank you for your offer, i'll let you know if i need help
    whenever i do, it's mostly redrawing that bores me to death

i like this coloring better tbh

Is it on mangadex yet? Chapter 66

it should be? i remember uploading it myself

Ah I see thanks

Quote Originally Posted by リムル View Post
    hy, crown. if you ever need help with the editing. let me know and i'll do it for you whenever you are up to tl-ing the chapters. to be frank, i was supposed to reach out to you a couple months ago about this but kept postponing it due to RL matters,
    last activity: may 6th
    guess i'm on my own