Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23283132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Literature Discussion (History, Myth, Philosophy &c.)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    For example, when Christians describe Hell, chances are they are using the descriptions used in Dante's Inferno, as opposed to the actual Bible. Ditto with referring to Lucifer's rebellion using stuff described in Paradise Lost. It's ironic because they think that they're talking about stuff written in the Bible, as opposed to what are essentially fanfics.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    tired: Biblical literary texts are derivative, as fanfiction

wired: fanfiction is the most advanced form of hermeneutics
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    This is where you forget fanfic LARPing.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    This is where you forget fanfic LARPing.

So...Mormons?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    On this day, the academic institution of hermeneutics closes its doors. Upon witnessing its truest form at the hands of the mormons, they have decided it is impossible to progress further.
    "I'm kinda happy I don't have to finish my 19th thesis anymore, but now my life's work is over. Might take up gardening." -Feik Falsman, researcher at UMUN.
    "I don't get what those fuckers were wacking on about but now it's one less corridor to clean."- Janitor of the center of philosophy.
    "I'm out of a job. Shieeeeeeeeeeet"- Director of the Hermeneutics Comitee
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Blog Entries
    you can complain or you can go read some books i guess
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Banned
    Blog Entries
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achan_(biblical_figure) If any of these priests or rabbis or whatever had lived somewhere, like North Korea or any other dictatorship, I really wonder how they would have fared as propagandists (or whatever job Goebbels had in the Third Reich). Someone and their family was punished severely by "the leader" for a minor crime committed by just the individual, so instead of impugning the "moral purity" of said leader, they decide to, instead, add a whole bunch of other crimes after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achan_(biblical_figure) If any of these priests or rabbis or whatever had lived somewhere, like North Korea or any other dictatorship, I really wonder how they would have fared as propagandists (or whatever job Goebbels had in the Third Reich). Someone and their family was punished severely by "the leader" for a minor crime committed by just the individual, so instead of impugning the "moral purity" of said leader, they decide to, instead, add a whole bunch of other crimes after the fact.
    I think it would depend on how much and if they actually believed in their countries leadership. Part of the reason they were willing to go to such extremes was because they thought they were doing it for their god and I'm not sure they would be so willing to do such things without the religious reasoning. This is all assuming they actually believed in a god though, some of them could have just been using religion as a excuse to feed their bloodlust.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I previously made jokes about inviting a Cao Cao actor over for alligator bites, saying "I would rather eat alligator than let alligator eat me". After reading Leviticus 11, I want to hear Gary Oldman do his God renunciation scene from Dracula, but with clam chowder, instead of blood.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    More fucked up deeds from the "heroic pilgrim monks" of Journey to the West. After Wukong resigned (again) from monkhood to play demon lord, Sandy goes to his cave to get him back (Pigsy did it during Wukong's previous "resignation"). Now, typically, when you go to a dignitary to ask for help, what you don't want to do is murder one of his security guards... Guess what Sandy did? Now, in response to one of his monkey minions getting murdered, what does Wukong do?

Chase after Sandy who fled after the obviously failed "negotiation"? Bury his servant? Nope. Cannibalize said dead monkey. Yes, our hero, ladies and gentlemen. While many of the other demon lords are considered "evil villains", who often eat human meat, even they draw the line at cannibalizing their own underlings and, in fact, even feel grief when they find out their minions were slain. But our hero? Who, as the story tries to convince you, only plays demon lord because he doesn't know any better and is just goofing around? Straight up monkey on monkey cannibalism. Morality is a lie.

Blog Entries
    Bro it's just a monkey.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    IDK, do monkeys practice cannibalism regularly?

Blog Entries
    Yes, they very much do.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As you know, Mitsuhide is known hilariously as the 15-day ruler because he died only 15 days after betraying Nobu. Therefore, I was surprised to find that Brutus lived around 2 years more after betraying Caesar.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeLord View Post
    I think it would depend on how much and if they actually believed in their countries leadership. Part of the reason they were willing to go to such extremes was because they thought they were doing it for their god and I'm not sure they would be so willing to do such things without the religious reasoning. This is all assuming they actually believed in a god though, some of them could have just been using religion as a excuse to feed their bloodlust.
    Less politically speaking, it might be just to retroactively make their heroes seems completely blameless. For example, in Kazuya Minekura's portrayal of Journey to the West, Princess Jade Face is portrayed as significantly more evil than in the original where the only thing that she did was provide a place to rest for the Ox Demon King in between his fights with Wukong, but you know, Kazuya Minekura's gotta make Pigsy's killing of her totally justified. On another note, in that portrayal, Nezha is still a shota, but Crimson Child is not, despite the fact that they should be expies, with Nezha having a lotus theme and Crimson Child having a fire theme, but I digress.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sisyphus HISHE. NSFW for Sisyphus ass and Hera nipples:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 12th, 2022 at 04:20 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pertty sure that's supposed to be Zeus and Hera, not many white clouds in the underworld traditionally.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wait, does Zeus or Hades decide the punishments for the dead?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hades rules over the Underworld, but a lot of times it's Zeus who sets the punishments since he's the one people offend.
    Last edited by Mattias; July 12th, 2022 at 01:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    In the case of Sisyphus specifically it's generally Zeus who punished him. Sisyphus did a whole lot of wild stuff and was kind of a fuckboy even before the cheating death stuff.