Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: The BAMBOO BROOM DIARY (Nasu and Takeuchi blog)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Keeping this outside of the quote block to keep the italics visible
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long time no see.
    I'm back from a private showing of the second Camelot movie.

What a freaking masterpiece.

The first Camelot did as good as it could on its mandated role of providing the bare minimum explanations on what FGO is about, but other hand, it had to keep its momentum and flash on the low side, among other problems, all caused by the larger problem of the swirl of Corona messing the entire production schedule... (Thank you to the entire staff, including the director, for holding on until the very end...) With all that happened, I think the movie managed to shift into the second gear but never get to the third.

The moment the baton is passed to the second Camelot, things get ghastly.
    90 minutes of pure "The prequel already all the base exposition. Now it's we just run with a nonstop sequence of all the scenes everyone was wanting to see."
    And they did it right. Every single was done with refined taste & super quality...!
    Everyone who played the game will go there thinking "I want to see this scene" and watch a scene 100 times better.
    Despite my initial shock at their bold decisions on what to cut from the story, but on the first 5 minutes it already hit me that they cut all that because the viewer would be able to imagine what happened off-screen, and because they had a lot better things to show instead.

It's a huge sequence of scenes I wanted see, they exact way I wanted too see them from start to finish, but the real amazing part is the last 60 minutes. The war in the holy city.
    They look good. All of them look good.
    (Every character was highly reflective of their original designer's artstyle. To an almost uncanny level with Tristan in particular. I couldn't believe they could reproduce the complicated delicated of a Morii character)
    On top of that, they're in a constant sequence of high-octane scenes that leave you with no room to breathe.
    They go all out with the flashiness, but an earnest devotion to the original tone, without ever forgetting the main focus of the plot.

My honest opinion is that the entire movie is a theme park where you to an exciting new attraction every 5 minutes and pretty much every attraction feels like the main attraction, but if I had to pick just one, it'd be the final battle against the Lion King.
    The dialogue confronting the Lion King was scripted so specifically for the game format that I honestly had already given up on the idea of finding a way to make that look good in the movie. And yet, their fantastic direction and cinematography managed to materialize the excitement of playing the game.
    They did better than the game, to an extent, even.
    As someone who has been following Arthuria since /stay Night, all I can say about the Lion King fight is... "I saw something beautiful."

A spoiler warning here... although people who didn't watch it wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
    No line in the Lion King fight's script says "This scene goes with this image."
    That means all the beauty of the that fight comes from the raw power of the director and the animation staff (the director personally storyboarded this one!).
    All his creativity and the good sense necessary to make it real! This director is insane. I want more!
    I get why they co-credited the director on the script.
    He took the second movie's script as a guideline rather than hard rules, attentively directed everything from storyboards to editing, and stylishly reconstructed everything into one spectacle.
    Again, this is just my personal opinion, but I'm considering what was done here to be the best way to adapt a videogame every player plays differently into a movie.

The image quality is consistently throughout the whole movie, with every Round Table battle being terrific.
    The Hassans, Pharaohs, and Sanzang were all beautiful and refined.
    You'd be hard pressed find another superhuman knight battle movie as extravagant as this.

Also, fans of battles inside giant crumbling buildings, prepare to see your dreams on the screen.
    I can't believe they made that scene 30-minutes long. Are the director and animators Berserkers?

And those were all my heat-of-the-moment impressions...

I know a lot of movie theaters are closed in the current state of emergency, but if you can find the time and theater near you, please come savor this excitement.

It's perfectly fine if you can't remember a lot of what happened in Camelot but remembers having fun with it!
    It's been 4 years since Camelot's release, after all!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Sounds promising, looks like I should get around to the first movie at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Well I'm excited.

I remember when I first finished Camelot the scene I wanted to see in anime format more than anything was the Lion King fight, especially the reveal that Bedivere was still a living human. That Nasu specifically points that scene out has me hyped.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/

Thank you for your patience. Tsukihime - A Piece of Blue Glass Moon, the one and only Tsukihime Remake, comes on August 26th.

http://typemoon.com/products/tsukihime/

I gave it my current max. The trailers are available on this website, so check them when you have the time. Captions aside, all screenshots in the trailers are from the final version of game. Assume the screen composition will be like that all the time.

Hello again. It's been two weeks since the release of chapter 6 part 2. We still have one week until the ending, but I want you to put that aside for a moment to prepare for the daily festivals.

Yes. The Fate/Grand Order Fes 2021 started.

Even if we can't do a IRL event, we still have the internet...! I think having these intense shows every day can get a bit heavy, but I hope you enjoy these 6 days of 6th anniversary.

I'll participate in the Fes only as a regular FGO player. I know the titles of each project but nothing beyond that. (...because producing chapter 6... took me a lot of time...)

Despite thinking the Grand Exam is an insane idea, I'm taking the challenge. I don't think I can get a 100/100, but a 90/100 sounds doable. That's the creator of this franchise talking.

Grand Temple of Time: Solomon.
    I got to watch the movie before everyone else. I just have one brief comment.

Everything I wanted to see was there!

The screenplay had a special format (Nasu writing the full story first and then they adapting that into a proper movie script), so some scenes were obviously omitted due to time constraints, but the final product was a movie good enough to make those cuts not matter in the bigger picture. It successfully adapted the game into a movie through a different approach from the Camelot movies. Not only that, but it also became a 90 minute traditional blockbuster everyone should watch. Anyways! Everyone who beat Part 1 needs to give it a try! Really!

The first 7 Singularities were missions to explore and return alive, but the Final Singularity is a mission to exterminate and win. The need to prioritize the Master's life is no longer applying. The Master uses his body and Magic Circuits to become a Servant-summoning weapon even if it kills him...

This is Fujimaru Ritsuka's role in the Final Singularity and Chaldea's responsibility in preserving Human Order. Chaldea was supposed to be a research facility but had to operate as an army for one year out of necessity. Make sure you don't miss their final mission.

The movie really made me wish you were required to watch it before you played the Garden of Lost Will in chapter 6 part 2.

Oh, by the way, the official English names for the "saccharine dream", "dusky abyss", "despondency", and "those without sin" are New Home, Horizon, Lost Will, and Heavenly, respectively. "Heavenly" being from the scene where Merlin gets trapped.

Since we already got in the subject of chapter 6, time for some inside stories. One of the authors who inspired Nasu to write his doujins was CHOCO, Fairy Knight Lancelot's designer. I can never forget 1999. Takeuchi said "Doujins come in all shapes and forms. Take a look at this one.", and showed me his thickest book, CHOCOLATE GEOMETRY #0002. It was a shining star even for today's standards of quality, and it taught the young Nasu that there were a multitude of wonderful doujin magazines he didn't know about. Still, this volume was my own fateful encounter. The cover forced anyone to admit it had a high level of artistry and composition. Uncompromised design, stunning visuals, and refined book design... Everything about it shattered my views about the differences being pro and amateur. It was an astonishing accomplishment for the Nasu from the ages before internet, before computers, and when the closest convenience store was a 30 minute walk away.

"If people can make books this good and have a place to distribute them, I want to see what I can do."

CHOCO's earnestness encouraged me when was somewhat skeptical about doujin activity. After that, my luck and my bonds blessed me with the opportunity to produce a game, and I spent the whole process dreaming of one day working with CHOCO, my dear father... And as usual, my bonds blessed me. I was having lunch with MahoHako's designer Imaizumi, when he suddenly dropped a "I have CHOCO's number".

"What... No way... (thunk)... But I'm pretty sure he's busy with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 right now... Despite everything, I'm an industry insider, so I know how things go... I want to meet him... I want to hire him... I want to make this long-standing dream come true... But I also don't want to meet him because I'm fangirling too much... I want to watch him from a distance..."

After about 6 seconds of fan anxiety, I took action and asked Imaizumi to introduce me because I wanted to hire him. Yes. That's how life goes. Opportunities never last forever. Throw away your shame and honor and eat the carrot dangling in front of you. That's the story of how I connected myself to CHOCO, my dear father.

"Fate has this dragon named Albion, and she has to look like she's the one thing that doesn't belong to that world. Something like a sci-fi character in a fantasy land, perhaps. Like really out of place, really extraneous."
    "Could you be more specific. How extraneous, exactly?"
    "Hm, if every other character were Mobile Suits, this one is a Getter."
    "Got it. Just to make sure, you're the real Kinoko Nasu and I will design a Fate/ Servant, right?"

Lancelot started from this explanation. A few years later, I was finally set to start producing chapter 6, and I could request the long-waited CHOCO design. I want to take this moment to thank CHOCO for cheerfully accepting my unreasonable requests, and Imaizumi for tying us together. By the way, when I request a FGO Servant design, I take a lot of ideas from the illustrator. This includes ideas for weapons, facial expressions, dialogue, and Noble Phantasms. In Lancelot's case, I took CHOCO's ideas for all the things I just listed, but the finest example of this comes from his NP image boards. Lancelot's 3rd Ascension NP had already achieved perfect beauty since the earlies design stages.

Whew, that was long. Here are some quick chapter 6 bits that had to be kept out of the final script.

- Beryl's Command Spells:
    Beryl didn't use his Command Spells on Tristan. They didn't have a proper Servant contract, after all. For special character reasons, Beryl can use Command Spells on himself, and was planned to do so in the Black Wolf fight. But that had to be scrapped... for programming difficulties... We even got the voice lines recorded...

- The cause of Woodwose's death:
    The CG didn't make it clear enough, but Woodwose was finished off by Morgan's magecraft dagger. After taking a hit she could dodge from Woodwose, she realized it was too late for him (he was turning into Mohs) and stabbed his abdomen with a point-blank dagger. That's what that stab sound effect was about. Later, figuring out everything Morgan did, he regained his senses but became Mohs. Here he was supposed to aimless attack everything like normal Mohs do, but his love and respect to Morgan... his heartfelt sense of guilt and repentance... freed him from the Mohs curse and allowed him to vanish without violence.

- FGO Radio - Nemo's secret:
    Don't tell anyone, but here's what I wrote for the original version of Nemo's Valentine's scene.

Nemo Marine D: "Really?! None of us is getting left out? Waaaaaah, I love you, Master!"

Nemo havers, please check how this line turned out to be in the voiced version. What's my point? That Yumiri Hanamori is a perfect professional of ad-libing! Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Tsukihime - A Piece of Blue Glass Moon, the one and only Tsukihime Remake
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    『月姫R』こと『月姫 -A piece of blue glass moon-』
    Is this how it actually goes?

US Friend Code
    Is this magecraft dagger Morgan kills Woodwose with something that shows up anywhere else in the chapter?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    Is this how it actually goes?
    As it is with everything, there's no "one size fits all" translation, but XことY means that X is a special (nick)name to Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Is this magecraft dagger Morgan kills Woodwose with something that shows up anywhere else in the chapter?
    No, and considering that the scene made a lot of sense without it, I feel like it might as well not show up anywhere because it didn't matter. The one thing I'm unsure about is whether it's just a random dagger imbued with magic, or if it's a reference to Erosion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Erosion was my first thought too when reading "Morgan's magic dagger", which is why I asked, to try and get some clarification. If this blog is the only time it showed up then it was probably just a reference to CF.

Are we dealing with Tan'ken or just something else.

Magecraft dagger made me imagine something more like summoned swords than a dagger thats also a mystic code for magecraft

Also i think someone pointed out that one of Morgans attack animation flashes looks like the atack animation flashes Castoria uses when saying Carwenan
    Last edited by madarra; July 29th, 2021 at 12:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    FGO coding is really shit huh

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The only thing I understood from that recent blog is that Koyanskaya of light is from Kingdom Hearts and the other one we seen in the story is her darkness.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

US Friend Code
    Muryan in LB6 isn't Kazuradrop, just a Kazuraface

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Muryan in LB6 isn't Kazuradrop, just a Kazuraface
    Adding to this, it is confirm that the fairy Muryan is one of Kazuradrop's three components
    Which is why Nasu made the request to Wada to design LB6 Muryan that way when he decided Muryan will appear on the story

Well, Muryan being a component was the first guess, it just got drowned out by the Extra CCC ost playing in the background

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    ==FGO LB6 SPOILER WARNING==

2021/8/6 Off Camera. (Kinoko)

I run. I run.
    I'm shocked at my vigor, even as the world crumbles all around me.

"Take care of the Prophesied Child, ______ ___.
    Protect her at all times.
    And, if you would, tell me at the end of each day how her journey has been.
    I can't join you, given my position...
    But if anything happens, I'd like to at least be there with you in spirit."

I was proud to do it, at first.
    But over time, I began to vaguely understand the consequence of her request.
    Still, I kept sending the reports, and was ordered to avoid joining the battlefield. Then...

One day, while I was far away at Oxford,
    I saw flames rising over Londinium.

"Ahhhh..."
    There was nothing I could do to atone. I wasn't responsible to begin with.
    The queen's army might really have attacked.
    That's what I told myself.

"If only we had a chance to teach Londinium its place!"
    "The Round Table Liberation Army? Please! As if those defects from the factory could ever stand beside us, the chosen humans!"

Try as I might, I couldn't forget the voices of the humans in Salisbury, nor those of the fairies egging them on.

When I saw the embers of Londinium, my hind legs went numb.
    I would never run freely again.
    Silently, I accepted that fact.

To begin with, the state of the Fairydom was too difficult for me.
    I should have been born in a world where I could exercise my talents, more purely, as I pleased.
    A life without words, without prejudice, without conflict.
    I wished I had been a creature of the wild, racing through the meadows.
    Dashing, like the wind.
    Galloping, like a beast.
    That was all I ever wanted.
    But that humble goal was dashed to cinders, when I saw the fire.

Yet, I gained one last chance.
    They told me it was do or die, so I trampled the earth with all my might.
    It hurt.
    My flesh and spirit screamed at me, "what's the point after all this?"
    I had no words to give. I didn't deserve to mourn that brave, gallant girl knight.
    All I could do was smile bitterly. There wasn't a point.
    If there was no point, then all I had to think about was what to do next.

I ran, and ran.
    The pain was fierce.
    But so was my joy.
    While the world crumbled around me, I was freer then I'd ever been in my life.

A faehorse's life is over if it breaks a leg.
    The pain was so intense it tore my soul apart.
    For a day and a half, I pulled that carriage like there was no tomorrow. I knew my legs would give out soon, anyway.
    I turned my pain into joy, and ran.
    I ran, just to deliver them to the coast.
    I ran, not to hide hope, but to create it.
    No matter how corrupt it was, this world had given birth to me, raised me, and taught me joy. I sprinted across the land of Britain I so loved.

When the carriage collapsed, I cut loose the harness and dashed for the woods, alone.
    As I ran, I could hear my body being mangled.
    What a blessing this is!
    What grace I was given!
    To be happy, until my final moment.

To be like the wind, until the very end.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; August 7th, 2021 at 03:35 PM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    ==FGO LB6 SPOILER WARNING==
    The best possible horse that you could ever ask for.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    ;_;7

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    RedRa Bit is still some of the funniest shit to come out of FGO. From the incredible name to just being an actual batshit insane character. o7 my friend, o7