Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: The BAMBOO BROOM DIARY (Nasu and Takeuchi blog)

Which Game?

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss View Post
    LMAO I WAS GOING TO SAY HOLLOW MOON TRANSLATION DELAY BUT THEN I REALISED FOR THE GAME IT SAID 2022. It can't be that long right? The game is going to be released on April 12th 2022 and the 149cm translation will released this Winter.
    Which game are you talking about?

US Friend Code
    Mahoutsukai no Yoru. A HD port with voice acting was announced on New Year.

What is that “extra story” of Melty Lumina? I assume it’s like Boss Rush mode story?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    What is that “extra story” of Melty Lumina? I assume it’s like Boss Rush mode story?
    Probably.

US Friend Code
    The DLC characters have had their stories written with the assumption that you’ve played Tsukihime R.
    Things like this is why I decided to learn japanese, thank you Nasu.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/200302.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003/2/13: It’s fundamentally not by method of deduction (Kinoko)
    Ohoho, what are you saying Mr. Bunny? I was first when it comes to Tamura’s moe!
    Tis I, who has loved her since her time as Kimiko.
    Besides...
    Though I adore and like Kimiko so much at some point I even forget all about it and instead love Ranka’s firm and most maiden-like properties which then turns to Tamura moe and so after my life’s greatest act of selfishness in having Ms Tamura’s voice reach my ears I heard from True Love Story’s staff that Kimiko’s voice-actor was Tamura Yukari it was a dramatic Hidden Legend of Deep Crimson! Do you remember how many little sisters you’ve eaten in your life?

Well then...
    Just like that damn cat’s clean up is presently being delayed with extreme vigor,
    as is damn me and my scenario presently being delayed with the same extreme vigor.
    Actually, I am upholding my pace.
    It’s just that I keep incessantly increasing the scope and so I can’t see the finishing line AT ALL.
    Good lord, just how long is this eternal suffering going to continue on for.
    Dancing 28 times instead of using the swing sitting down 4 times.

“Hmph. Just sit the hell down, man. You’ll... feel better…” –By Sakamaki Reona

And in the meantime I beat “CANNONBALL”.
    There’s been a lot of things going around, and a lot of things said but, in terms of my impression of the game itself, it goes without saying but... I love it.
    I can’t do it justice by just writing about it
    (If something’s boring I’d rather not spend my time writing about it, and if its interesting I’ll just be singing its praises)
    Given my dispositions, I won’t write about which and what parts were amazing since it’d go on forever but basically it was just as I’d expected.
    I know recommending this is like tying my own noose for later, but still, I really want tons of people to play it.
    That’s how much I love it. I love all the characters. Butch is too damn refined.
    So with that out of the way, it seems that until all the insects have been exterminated, it will be for the best to wait-and-see. Clatter, clitter, clatter ♪

As someone who loves action stories, the Men (*exclusively things of the action-genre) that can face up against this thing in 2003 would be Demonbane of the East and ATATTEKUDAKERO 2003! of the West, or so goes my delusions.
    Actually, couldn’t you please create ATATTEKUDAKERO 2003 for real…
    References

Title: Probably a reference. No idea though.
    Kimiko: Character voiced by Tamura Yukari from the game True Love Story 2.
    Ranka: Character voiced by Tamura Yukari from the franchise Galaxy Angel.
    Hidden Legend of Deep Crimson: A catch-phrase used to promote part 1 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Ties into the next line, which is another reference to Jojo part 1.
    Sakamaki Reona: A character from Shariki, a manga about cars from the 90s.
    "Dancing 28 times instead of using the swing sitting down 4 times": Probably a reference. No idea though.
    Demonbane: A visual novel by Nitro-plus. Features giant robots intertwined with Cthulu mythology.
    ATATTEKUDAKERO: Probably a reference. No idea though.

Don't you love this man and his references?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003/2/13: Hm? (Takeuchi)
    My clean-up work isn’t really that delayed, akshually.
    Also, don’t say it’s being delayed with extreme vigor! (lol)
    Makes me seem super negligent.

Well, in any case, it seems having my attention turned to something else while I’m doing clean-up does in some ways actually increase my efficiency.
    And so today in a 10 hour session I went all the way through a CD stuffed to the brim with MP3s of a radio show called “Pita Pita Angel” that I’d borrowed from OKSG.
    It was the first time I’d listened to radio where the talent were all voice-actors so it was interesting (lol) I gained a bit of voice-actor knowledge! It feels like. Sawashiro Miyuki is moe. I’m now fully recharged on Tamura Yukari.
    There are 5-6 of these OKSG-approved and rich drama CD’s (radio shows included) so this was just the first.

“There’s no way I’m gonna be able to listen to all of these~”
    “Cmon now! Your clean-up work is being delayed with extreme vigor so surely you’ll be able to listen to all of them! It’s fine!

Waaaaah, I’m—not—delayed—! (cries)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003/2/15: Haidaraaaa! (Kinoko)
    Seems like I’ve caused a misunderstanding so allow me to correct it; Takeuchi's work is not delayed.
    He’s keeping up with his assignments completely fine. Even as he’s puking up blood doing so.

Yet how tragic, the total amount of work keeps increasing so no matter how well you sprint, the finish line keeps growing distant (lol).

MonaLisaOVERDRIVE has arrived.
    In my personal opinion: Finally I’m able to listen to something I’ve been hoping for since SixNine.
    Pearls to the swine. Original Sin unto love.
    References

"Haidaraaaa!": A strange spoken line from ZONE OF THE ENDERS. It doesn't mean anything, and was made up by the script writers for the game. Sometimes appears in MGS as well.
    MonaLisaOVERDRIVE/SixNine: Albums by BUCK-TICK, a band that, as we've learned, is something of a favorite of Nasu's.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2003/2/15: The Two Towers (Takeuchi)
    I saw it at the advance premier.
    What should I say? Just a really excellent movie with excellent cinematography.
    It didn’t have the same feeling of padding as “The Fellowship of the Ring”, and so the plot developments kept me at the edge of my seat from beginning to end. The climax, the Battle of Helm’s Deep was a true highlight.
    An orthodox, yet splendidly entertaining fantasy story.
    Both the origin and the apex. I’m convinced of those words.
    References...

Do I need to? Lord of the Rings, and shit.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003/2/28: Let this be the hour... when we draw swords together. (Kinoko)
    After being delayed for about 2 weeks by Take-pyon (cursed by Never7’s porting announcement), we all went watching “The Two Towers” together.

Oh man, kinda amazing, huh!
    Even I, someone who feels the urge to pee 30 minutes after the start of the movie and who can no longer concentrate on the screen after an hour due to my need to go to the toilet, was glued to the screen for all 3 hours.

“I for sure won't be able to endure 3 whole hours. I’m not gonna endure it so, time for drinks. With my embarrassing Lord of the Rings combo (coca-cola + popcorn, comes with an embarrassing light-up ring) that is! Muahahaha! I conclude my turn!”

In that way I showed my defiance and drank my coca-cola, steeling myself in having to leave my seat to go to the toilet at least twice. Yet that me never came around.

Watching it all together, it was a true feast. Yet I can still go on eating! Quite mysterious how my appetite was not sated.

I intend to wait for the final movie “The Return of the King” with anticipation, indeed.
    Also, because of the hobbits being removed from the main-cast, Gimli degenerating into comic relief was something I loved.

Also Saruman near the end.

Also, I finished reading “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” that I’ve been borrowing for so long.
    Yeah, pretty good. Actually, wait a sec, aren’t these all mystery-genre conventions!
    Also, I found it unexpected that it actually rather ticked all the boxes of western fantasy convention.
    To think that “the Little King” would appear in Harry Potter.
    Also, Dobby you’re not welcome. Gollum! Gollum!
    Well then, seems all that’s left is to wait for the DVD. For the sake of my beloved Professor Snape and Dudley, of course!

And so today February draws to an end.
    Megami Tensei III just seems so interesting imma probably die but I’ve already passed the limit of the amount of games I can play in February so I’ll have to put it away until Fate is done. Actually, what’s up with February anyways.
    I’d have been fully satisfied with just Cannonball and Zone of the Enders yet there’s still Megami Tensei III, Metroid Prime and Dynasty Warriors 4 all lined up and waiting for me!
    Hmph, whatever. I’ll just sit on them, hmph. Darnit, now I’ve gotta look forward to summer vacation! (←desperation)
    References

Title: Line spoken by King Theoden in The Two Towers to Aragon during the battle of Helm's Deep.
    Take-pyon: Some kind of nickname for Takeuchi?
    "I conclude my turn!": Reference to Yugioh. Draw your last pathetic card, Yugi!
    "the Little King": References the etymology of the word "Basilisk", which means "little king" in Greek. For those who have not read the second Harry Potter book, a basilisk appears there.
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 21st, 2024 at 08:15 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    little king: Regulus Black

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    little king: Regulus Black
    You know, that's what I thought at first, but he is first mentioned in Order of the Phoenix, which hadn't come out yet.

if Kinoko was not talking about a character perhaps he was talking about constellation?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So after some digging:

So he's referring to the Basilisk.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/200303.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003/3/5: Personal correspondence (Kinoko)
    My computer broke.

It’s gone… it’s all gone…!

Well actually I made back-ups for everything writing related so it’s fiiine~
    My email-address, personal address and such things have all crashed, crashed, maybe crashed.
    I was at Muv-Luv Unlimited’s 6th Episode at the time.
    Now that I’m being kept waiting like a dog for a snack, Muv-Luv will have to be on hold at Episode 6 until I’m no longer so behind schedule.
    It’s just as well taking a pause here, might be fun waiting until Alternative too.

So, Muv-Luv.
    If I am to talk a bit about my impressions, they’re not set in stone yet seeing as I’ve yet to beat the game but,

personally speaking, it’s a masterpiece.

Only Phantom and Muv-Luv have had me so glued to the monitor that my eyes started to hurt.

Below, there’s gonna be some spoilers & personal opinions, so people who haven’t played the game yet (& non-believers) shouldn’t look.

At the end of the day, this writing style is not something I can achieve so there’s gonna be no “this part was good” or “I liked this character”.
    This is… for me, an ideal game. And what I mean by that is that since I like it, I don't want to be overly fuzzy about the minutiae of events in it.
    Right, what I’m saying is that what’s important is the atmosphere throughout the game.
    I’m not talking about incompleteness or originality.
    (If anything, it doesn’t resemble anything else, I mean military-genre stuff is more like... well, you know…?)
    Honestly, I have great respect for the Muv-Luv staff.
    With the whole world in its premise, it has a formula of how to increase the significance of that whole world.
    This might be an extreme line of reasoning but what they’re doing is the same as “Kimi ga Nozomu Eien” did, further pursuing “meaning and significance broken to pieces”.

So, as we all know Muv-Luv comes in three parts.
    Each one of them is not an independent work, but is actually part of one larger strand from the very beginning.
    You might have thought there were three scrolls, but there was really just one scroll with the length of three.
    Well, I haven’t beat it yet so I don’t know but...
    Supposing that’s the case, the fact that Alternative (the conclusion) still isn’t done yet is, as a player, rather disappointing but,
    As a creator I’m quite relieved.
    Honestly, if I were to be beaten that badly I might not be able to recover.

In any case, even though I knew the flow from Extra to Unlimited, I still received quite the surprise while playing, which is amazing.
    (Such morbidity (I say, in praise) is closer to Battle Royale rather than say, Gunparade)

My impression of Muv-Luv at the current stage is that it’s terrorism, yeah.

“Death arrives suddenly. Like a terrorist.
    And that's how we become involved and finally notice the so-called ‘delicate balance’.
    ‘No way that’s the case’? ‘Look at how peaceful society is’, you say? Well of course. In order to maintain the balance, any means are permitted, and many sacrifices are made. Naturally such balance won’t crumble so easily.
    And so, when the moment comes that it does, it is the end-stage from which there is no return.”

And so I, who love to enter preach-mode in this way, found Unlimited up to Episode 6 so, so interesting.
    As a gimmick-lover, just that alone was enough for me to go ‘thank you’ in awe.
    In recent times, where the consumer is without nation, and where only lore for a world-wide setting is possible to create (or rather, only that kind of production is allowed), there are things that can only be done by adult games.
    What splendor there is in the staff were able to express this, and those surrounding them who allowed that production to happen.

The reason that I entered the industry is because this is the kind of game that I wanted to create.
    In allowing me to once again confirm that, my feelings of gratitude towards Muv-Luv are unending.

Right, no need to be afraid.

———It's good here.
    Please take me here again, Hero.

Wait...
    These are the impressions of someone who has yet to fully beat the game so there’s a great possibility that in five seconds I’ll explode then forget everything.
    References

Muv-Luv: Well, I probably don't need to explain too much since Nasu did most of it. A visual-novel created by age in 2003.
    Phantom: Full-title; Phantom -PHANTOM OF INFERNO-, a game made by NITRO+, directed and written by Urobuchi Gen.
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Another visual novel by the same company, created before Muv-Luv.
    Battle Royale: A novel about students killing each other in a sick game. Released in 1999. Made into a movie in 2000. I'm sure you've heard of it.
    Gunparade: Full title; High-mobility Phantasmal Gunparade March. A video-game released for the Playstation in late 2000.

Some personal thoughts:

It's interesting the way Nasu talks about Muv-Luv, the amount of praise he gives it. Because no doubt is Muv-Luv a seminal work when it comes to visual novels, but something I suppose Nasu wasn't quite aware of at the time was that he was writing the one visual novel that would (at least on a commercial level) surpass it.
    Last edited by Petrikow; May 29th, 2022 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    MonaLisaOVERDRIVE/SixNine: Albums by BUCK-TICK, a band that, as we've learned, is something of a favorite of Nasu's.
    I wonder if he likes Dress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    "I conclude my turn!": Reference to Yugioh. Draw your last pathetic card, Yugi!
    That's something else I didn't expect. I also wonder if he still follows the game or the anime.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003/3/9: At dinner (Kinoko)
    A conversation with OKSG.

“Never7 is coming out, yeah”
    “Yah, with Never7 coming there’s also Ever17. By the next one I think I’m gonna be Fever17, yeah.”
    “Nah, if it’s Fever you’re talking about it’s gotta be 777, right?”
    “...”
    “......”
    ““That’s it!””

Have we perhaps come to an impasse……
    References

Never7 & Ever17: Visual novels by KID. Uh. As for the conversation itself. Yeah.
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 12th, 2022 at 02:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Oh, nice, Nasu has played/read Ever17? Cool. I've barely read any other visual novels aside from Fate/stay night, but I have read that one, so that's interesting to me. Aside from FSN, the only other visual novels I've played/read are Utawarerumono (the original first one), Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, and Ever17. Ever17 was good. It takes a long time before the plot really gets going though.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post

That's something else I didn't expect. I also wonder if he still follows the game or the anime.
    Yugioh is every Chuuni boy's aspiration. no surprise here.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003/3/15: Game tedium (Takeuchi)
    I’m playing Dynasty Warriors 4.
    Wu is the most charming. Lu Xun is good and all but Zhou Tai is stylin’. I like Bofu the most though.
    In Wei it’s Brother Dun. I mean, he’s basically like he is in Souten Kouro. I like Lady Zhen but she’s a but hard to use...
    In Shu it's of course Zhuge Liang. Also, unexpectedly Wei Yan. It’s that overflowing spirit of rebellion.
    I also bought X-2. I haven’t played X so you know… but I think I’m gonna get there, little by little.
    I mean, as an old man who last beat an PRG about 10 years ago, I’m a bit worried if I can understand these latest RPGs. By the way, the one I beat 10 years ago was the PC version of a game called “Blade of the Darkness”, I wonder if people are gonna get this reference.
    Also, at the end of this month the long awaited Calibur 2 is coming out.
    Instantly after I had rejoiced over Sophi joining the cast I noticed… what the hell is that 2P costume!
    I never managed to like the 1P costume much in the first place, so this is quite the downgrade. Actually, this makes me realise that most of the reason that I adored her was because the previous 2P costume existed. Well, it’s said that there might be a valkyrie costume this time around so I guess I am looking forward to it after all.
    And also if Sieg’s coming back, then that’s the best I could hope for.
    Do your best, Namco!
    References

Wu, Wei and Shu: States that existed during the Warring States period in China. Features in the game being discussed.
    Lu Xun, Zhou Tai, Bofu, etc: People from the time period discussed above.
    X-2: Final Fantasy X-2, the sequel to Final Fantasy X.
    Blade of the Darkness: An old game for the Sony Playstation released in 1994. Apparently has a PC version. Seems to never have been released outside of Japan.
    Calibur 2: Soulcalibur 2, a fighting game for the Playstation.
    Sophi: Shortened form of Sophitia Alexandra, a character from the above game.
    Sieg: Shortened form of Siegfried Schtauffen, another Soulcalibur character.
    2P, 1P: I'm sure context should be enough, but basically the different colors for Player 1 and Player 2 in fighting games when the same character faces up against themselves.
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 12th, 2022 at 02:10 AM.