Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 384346474849 LastLast

Thread: The BAMBOO BROOM DIARY (Nasu and Takeuchi blog)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad Nasu watched Scott Pilgrim: Takes Off, but it'd be great to have his opinion of the similarities and differences between it and Last Encore.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So the gaijin meme reference was Nasu's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    [...]Scott Pilgrim movie elitists like me.
    Disappointed in you, Nasu.

Sincerely,

Scott Piilgrim comic elitist
    Quote Originally Posted by T.H. White
    "If I were to be made a knight," said the Wart. staring dreamily into the fire, "[...] I should pray to God to let me encounter all the evil in the world in my own person, so that if I conquered there would be none left, and, if I were defeated, I would be the one to suffer for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    It's a strange remark to be sure. I don't have any expectation for a Tsuki-related story in a Fate project. Do other people do?
    I mean, yeah, absolutely people do. Even ignoring the endless cope around LB7, you still have huge expectations for a collab (which for all intents and purposes does count as a tsuki-related fate story since chaldea/fgo will need to serve as the basis of the setting), not to mention wanting the characters and having them added will subsequently lead to wanting them to appear in stories and having those stories be relevant to them rather than other fate stuff.

That is to say, if you think the general populace is all like "no it's best to keep them separated" like a lot of people here are, then you're crazy my dude. People would gobble that shit up and probably beg for it on every survey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Yeah, plus Nasu himself has been pretty blatant about the fact that he very much wants to do a Tsuki R collab and is just waiting on Red Garden to come out first. He’s also hinted that he’s trying to think of a way to add Ciel since Arcueid’s already been added. It’s THE most anticipated collab, that’s only not happened due to Nasu feeling it’d be weird to do it before the game’s like actually done.

Nasu: I couldn't accept a TsukiRe collab without the Far Side in it, not to mention making a collab would require also introducing Shiki, Ciel, and Akiha, plus some other characters.
    I think is possible Nasu is referring to this from the 8th anni famitsu interview, collabs usually don't bring more than 3 characters, so if he wants to introduce all of those characters he needs to introduce some in other events, well that is assuming he wants to have all of them as Servants.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    LB7 already has Roa and Arc what else do ya need

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I don't know how he will incorporate Ciel without Tohno around and only Arcueid. Either they'd be like cat and dog all the time at best, or one of them wanted to be unsummoned at worst.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Arcueid was "incorporated" by having no presence in the story or relationships with chaldea at all, I don't think it's that hard

Im just hoping Nasu doesnt pull a pseudo servant shit on Shiki because "he's weak"

Ryougi wasn't.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    B A L O R
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie25 View Post
    Nasu feeling it’d be weird to do it before the game’s like actually done.
    More that it can't be done as he's limited in what he will even touch on in another game with only a portion of the story released. We see that with Melty let alone a separate setting. I wouldn't necessarily assume needing to introduce characters for the collab meant making a series of events or having everyone be playable. A collab is still probably 3+ years away unless RG is coming out in 2024 which I'd put money on not happening. If he does want to do more special guest adds he's got plenty of Anni and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Im just hoping Nasu doesnt pull a pseudo servant shit on Shiki because "he's weak"
    The MB collab was Shiki shitting on servants.
    Last edited by Nanaya; November 30th, 2023 at 01:05 AM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    More that it can't be done as he's limited in what he will even touch on in another game with only a portion of the story released. We see that with Melty let alone a separate setting. I wouldn't necessarily assume needing to introduce characters for the collab meant making a series of events or having everyone be playable. A collab is still probably 3+ years away unless RG is coming out in 2024 which I'd put money on not happening. If he does want to do more special guest adds he's got plenty of Anni and such.

The MB collab was Shiki shitting on servants.
    Iirc his wording was that he restrained himself from doing it so he could theoretically do it before Far Side if he really wanted, he’s just really not into the idea as much as he wants to write it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Collabs don’t really do that iirc, it’s usually just the person flat out. Ryougi also does just exist like others said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lofi View Post
    I think is possible Nasu is referring to this from the 8th anni famitsu interview, collabs usually don't bring more than 3 characters, so if he wants to introduce all of those characters he needs to introduce some in other events, well that is assuming he wants to have all of them as Servants.
    I presume he’s planning on adding Ciel beforehand at least, since he did already hint that he feels that Heroine B needs to follow Heroine A and all. He’s just seemingly not figured out how he’ll do that. The idea of a Burial Agency event is my fave idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Ryougi wasn't.
    Ackshully...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie25 View Post
    Iirc his wording was that he restrained himself from doing it so he could theoretically do it before Far Side if he really wanted, heís just really not into the idea as much as he wants to write it.
    I don't really see how he could have done it early without either spoiling Remake or further tying his hands creatively, neither of which seems acceptable for him(Or fans). IIRC he was asked in like December 2021 about how it would be hard to do it without RG and his answer was something like "thinking about it normally you can't do it." and they'd just follow their schedule and wait for an opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Ackshully...
    I assume they mean more about the presentation than the technicality.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    I don't really see how he could have done it early without either spoiling Remake or further tying his hands creatively, neither of which seems acceptable for him(Or fans). IIRC he was asked in like December 2021 about how it would be hard to do it without RG and his answer was something like "thinking about it normally you can't do it." and they'd just follow their schedule and wait for an opportunity.
    I was surprised to see Archetype:Earth's sudden appearance on last year's 7th Anniversary. Before anything, can you tell us the story behind her implementation?

Nasu: After releasing Tsukihime-a piece of blue glass moon-, I wished to put Arcueid in the game as soon as possible. But releasing her wasn't easy because I couldn't find any place to insert her into the main story. Upon giving up on that idea, I thought maybe could release her to celebrate the 7th anniversary, and that should be fine as long as her playable name was Archetype:Earth.

Takeuchi: We knew the fans were waiting for it, so we were discussing if this was the year to do the Tsukihime collab. However, Nasu proposed it'd be more fun to release her in a different form, and that's how we got to Archetype:Earth. It caused a huge buzz in the room, with everyone amazed at the absurdities that come out of his mouth.

Nasu: I couldn't accept a TsukiRe collab without the Far Side in it, not to mention making a collab would require also introducing Shiki, Ciel, and Akiha, plus some other characters. After much deliberation, we decided on releasing only Arcueid as the 7th Anniversary celebration. The moments before the announcement got me half-dizzy. It was a huge relief to see the audience receive it well.
    From the 8th anniversary interview. Mentioned it earlier than that I remember like ya said but I couldnít find it. What Iím trying to get at is that Nasu could have theoretically done it if he just kept it Near Side only but like ya said he didnít really wanna do that. Iím not saying he would do it, just that if he really wanted to he could.

I read that. Theoretically he could have done it 6 years ago if he was a hack. Even with Near Side released(Arc True though?) he'd still have to dance around things is my point. Though I guess that depends on what he would even write.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    "It's not a spinoff... It's a sequel... And it's trying to redeem each of the boyfriends when the movie made them into just villains to be defeated in 10 minutes each... And it's really good, on top of that…"
    I guess the movie really does lose half the emotional depth without the comics for background.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

That game looks a bit interesting ngl.