Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3035383940414245 ... LastLast

Thread: The BAMBOO BROOM DIARY (Nasu and Takeuchi blog)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think the reminder is happening now specifically because this event gave an old Shinto-related origin story to Oryou, and old Shinto is what both /Requiem and Elmo 2's Adventure are touching at the moment.

It's curious that he didn't include Okuni's Demon Hunting Organization backstory is the list of things that don't match the canon.

US Friend Code
    So does this mean that for example if Nasu ever wanted to have a story with Oda Nobunaga, it could be different from Keikenchi's gremlin version? I don't expect that'd happen when Keickenchi's Nobunaga is so established and loved, but there's an opening for it?

- - - Updated - - -

Also explains why Ryouma's spear and Erice's spear look and behave totally different

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    So does this mean that for example if Nasu ever wanted to have a story with Oda Nobunaga, it could be different from Keikenchi's gremlin version? I don't expect that'd happen when Keickenchi's Nobunaga is so established and loved, but there's an opening for it?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think the reminder is happening now specifically because this event gave an old Shinto-related origin story to Oryou, and old Shinto is what both /Requiem and Elmo 2's Adventure are touching at the moment.

It's curious that he didn't include Okuni's Demon Hunting Organization backstory is the list of things that don't match the canon.
    I think it just reaffirms that anything not penned by him(And even sometimes then) is subject to doubt, retcon and exclusion when convenient.

US Friend Code
    I mean he's not saying it's non canon/should be disregarded or anything, just that Gudaguda stuff is a parallel world from main TM history. Similar to Prototype and Prillya.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    I think it just reaffirms that anything not penned by him(And even sometimes then) is subject to doubt, retcon and exclusion when convenient.
    You forget he had his old mats "destroyed in the incineration"

Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    In other words, it's its own thing and shouldn't be taken as 100% applying to the rest of the setting. Given Redline that makes complete sense.
    Its basically like Prillya, yep.

Not that anyone should've really thought otherwise to begin with I feel.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate Nasu being willing to both respect the freedom of his collaborators and the consistency of his own setting by setting clear limits to what affect the rest of the universe.
    I actually wish he did more of that instead of just compromising.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    TL note: The mistake on Ryouma Is In Trouble's title is Nasu's not mine.
    133 Detective Missions here.
    Okay but like, WHO is Oryou supposed to be, did we ever come to a conclusion about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Let me ask you this: what do you think when the term "white dragon" usually comes up in the Fate series?

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Okay but like, WHO is Oryou supposed to be, did we ever come to a conclusion about that?
    Oryou was an ungodly abomination cast down to the land and sealed by Izanagi and Izanami's spear.

The presence in Izanagi and Izanami's spear said "take good care of my daughter". How many daughters of Izanagi and Izanami were cast down to the land for being deformed? Only Hiruko. List of candidates narrowed down to 1.

Oh ok, that makes sense then. Carry on.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    Let me ask you this: what do you think when the term "white dragon" usually comes up in the Fate series?
    Vortigern

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    FYI Xuanzhang's horse is also white dragon.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I don't know if I'd say "Nasu was into fucked up manga" so much as "fucked up manga was the norm for boys" in Japan from the 70s-90s. It's very telling that Petri had to explain what Bastard!! is for a modern audience; it used to be huge. In Japan it was serialised in Shonen Jump, to give you an idea of how accessible it would've been. Meanwhile in the West, from my memory Bastard!! especially was popular in mid-00s anime club culture, it was cool and edgy and naturally popular with middle schoolers, back before school libraries wised up to manga content and started getting more selective with their acquisitions.

It's more an indication of how mainstream tastes have changed, if anything. Berserk is from the same era, and though it's older, Devilman was in a similar vein. I kind of wonder why exactly that era of ultra-violent, ultra-sexual manga came to an end.
    Did it? Through the "generations" of manga, you see things like Shingeki or Goblin Slayer or even Tate no Yuusha that could take up the charge. The taste for the edgy, chuuni stuff never really seems to have gone away.
    Its just that older generations just look back fondly on what they had. People getting into their grandpa in the rocking chair phase.

Honestly, if you can glean anything from some of these past entries, its maybe TM might be slightly disingenuous with their remarks about moving away from raunchy content. Its clearly in their blood, their collaborators and fans clearly want it, and it sells as we see the darker fantasy stuff that does come out sells well.
    Its another one of those things like with video games where you'd just release the stuff and let the chips fall where they may, as you're likely to have good reception and sales past a few people barking about propriety.
    I mean hell, I see a good deal of vtubers honest about the type of content they like and their fetishes and what do they get? More popularity.

I think its about honesty i suppose

Like for example vtubers are just being themselves, while for example a lot of the 'stuff' in earlier works could be seen as degeneracy fiated by bad writing like say certain bits in FSN or kagetsu, so one could be seen as 'honest' vs the latter

Also its not like the vtuber is in a narrative that suddenly swerves into weird smut that most people might not like
    Last edited by Byegod; December 3rd, 2021 at 04:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Vtubers and idol culture makes me uncomfortable.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While idol vtubers do still sometimes carry the rancid smell of idol culture with some notable scandals, they do seem to have cases where agencies are seeing and accepting their talent's eeccentricities and not strictly holding to a holier than thou standard, as well as fans being able to see them as people and not figures to obsess with or cause harm to if they don't fulfill their delusions.

I feel like Typemoon got a bit trend chasey with a certain vtuber looking servant,,,

When battle-royale, honestly i could see servants in fortnite just due to the sheer range at this point, when mistborn characters are in fortnite or obscure cartoon/popculture characters from mexico or south america are in it now...