Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34394243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: The BAMBOO BROOM DIARY (Nasu and Takeuchi blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    For the record, there's a new blog.

It is however mind-numbingly uninteresting (Nasu explains how fighting games work with way too many words) so a translation might not materialize in some time.
    Yeah the only actually interesting part is the first one about the event CE.

After that it's just "Melty tournament soon" and basically him saying that watching sports (and fighting games) when you don't even know anything about that isn't any fun, so "here are some tips to enjoy it anyway" and then his tips almost entirely boil down to "learn the game mechanics beforehand", so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    They'll probably announce DLC at the end. Or something else. Which is what I wanted.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Yeah the only actually interesting part is the first one about the event CE.

After that it's just "Melty tournament soon" and basically him saying that watching sports (and fighting games) when you don't even know anything about that isn't any fun, so "here are some tips to enjoy it anyway" and then his tips almost entirely boil down to "learn the game mechanics beforehand", so...
    How to ENJOY watching fighting games as a CASUAL | Top FIVE tips
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Well, now I'm even more excited for the LB6 book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Kinoko apologized for Comiket exclusive book after internet rage.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries

2022/8/6: Fes. (Kinoko)

FGO Fes ended without a hitch.
    This is overdue, but I want to extend my gratitude to the FGO players who supported us, the staff who ran themselves ragged making the event happen, the cast who brought such excitement to the stage, and everyone who came to visit the venue. Thank you so much.

---

Summer Comiket - Bamboo Broom
    We underestimated demand, and that caused a lot of anxiety for people. I apologize for that.
    I want to get the books into the hands of as many people who want them as we can.

About what's inside, I'll talk about the Chapter 6 plot book that I was in charge of.
    This is merely a compilation of documents created when we were making the game. Please enjoy this sample of these blueprints we drew up prior to writing the game scenario.
    As for myself, the plot is always about this big, so it's not as if Chapter 6 was particularly special. In fact, this plot draft is actually shorter than the scenario that made it into the game.
    In FGO, character backgrounds contain their personal details and stories, so the plot draft omits individual Servants' personal affairs and endings.
    If we were to include those, the page count would become truly unmanageable, so those will go into the material book(s) to be released later, instead.

Next, about TYPE-MOON Manuscript...
    It contains some text, but these are also documents that were created before they were turned into a game.
    Once the game, or rather the title, is made, the contents are adapted from the background setting into what actually occurred in the story.
    For El-Melloi II in particular, his materials were made before "The Case Files of El-Melloi II" even began, then they were handed over to Sanda Makoto and woven into the numerous mysteries at his discretion.
    Perhaps the most perceptive readers will be able to tell what exactly was adjusted and how, when El-Melloi II was turned into a protagonist.

---

Melty Blood
    Burning summer! DLC wave 3!

"If Arc's going to guest star in FGO, then Mash can be a guest in MB, too."

I know, the world runs on equivalent exchange.
    And that's how Mash's shocking debut in MB came to be!
    Neco-Arc's inclusion should make this a very familiar addition.
    A cat needs a pure and innocent partner who will trust her 100% unconditionally, after all... *sniff*

On top of that, there are many additional elements this time.

* Boss Rush Mode 2
    That's right. It would be a waste not to use them, so we added a Noel heroine route.
    Who's the apple of her eye? You'll have to find out using your own eyes!

* Story Mode animation upgrades
    We changed some of the specs for the existing single-player story mode and remade them to be more MB-like and easier to understand.
    Thank you, French Bread...!
    A lot of work went into Boss Rush Mode 2 in particular.
    Maybe they play favorites with Noel because they're French (Bread)?
    Keep it up.

* New scenarios for Arc and Ciel
    To prevent Tsukihime spoilers in the MBTL story mode, it was designed as a prequel to the main story of Tsukihiime, or a what-if prequel.
    That's why Arc and Ciel had references to old MB. But now that it's been a full year, we decided those don't really count as spoilers anymore, so we added mini-scenarios that are set after the end of Tsukihime.
    Arc stays in the city, and she's together with Shiki.
    But there are flags for Ciel, too. And Akiha. And even HisuKoha. The only fate that awaits that four-eyes is death.
    Basically, it's a world where Arc and Shiki feel like a couple, but the other heroines still have a chance. Yeah, he really needs to die.
    It's an everyday slice of life in this situation.
    I mean, yeah, flirt with Arc and Ciel. We made it with that in mind.

That's all for MB, but it's also been nominated for the global fighting game tournament EVO, and the match results will be out tomorrow (Sunday 6AM Japan time).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GaJRjsdQhI

By all means, watch the live stream if you can!
    You'll get to enjoy a level of super-play between the final eight (miraculously, Japan and America are mostly evenly matched) that makes you wonder "are we even playing the the same game?".

---

Avalon le Fae Dramalogue
    ...And last, I'll talk about this.
    This will just be my personal impressions rather than any report on the production, so I'm really sorry if it offends you...
    But I'd like to leave this here, for the record.

Once again, it was an utterly pregnant two and half hours.
    On the day of, I was briefly stunned by the sheer scale of the stage, and shocked to my core hearing the cast's emotional performances live on stage.
    The script had a many long-running lines, rhymes, and otherwise difficult to read parts. It was incredible how they all managed to pull off a 2.5 hour long performance without a single mistake.
    They only had a few chances to rehearse... and in a regular theatre it really is all or nothing.
    Huh? Melusine? The strongest species will really just leave in the middle of a battle if she feels like it, huh? In fact, in that moment Kouno-san was Melusine in the flesh. The recording might be edited later, but it really was the ultimate treat for those who got to watch it in person.

Also, during rehearsal I explained the reasoning and emotion behind the more difficult lines, but Kawasumi-san and Ishikawa-san had an impressive understanding of their characters already.
    Artoria Caster's energetic yet self-abasing personality. Her pessimistic yet unmatched competitive spirit. ...The way she always lifts her head high, no matter what she faces. Kawasumi-san performed all of those aspects of the character flawlessly.
    Tonelico's nobility, even though nobody trusted her. The way she couldn't abandon her emotions in spite of her rationality. ...Her intense glare at the future, after she lost everything. It was a side of the Savior that wasn't conveyed in the text, and Ishikawa-san performed it perfectly.

Kawasumi-san and Ishikawa-san had the lion's share of the lines in this dramalogue,
    but Waki Azumi's (Baobhan Sith) wails of despair,
    Kouno Marika's (Melusine) laments of love,
    Sugiyama Noriaki's (Muramasa) last smile to Artoria,
    Ishiya Haruki's (Beryl) callous cheer...
    It was all heartwrenchingly poignant acting, to the very end.

It was all the very image of the Faerieland that I envisioned.
    I'll never forget the tension in the air for those two and a half hours.
    Thank you so very much.

...To be completely honest, when we were discussing plans for the dramalogue, my personal opinion was "I appreciate the thought, but I'd prefer not to do it..."
    I had such a strong mental image of Artoria Caster during the Collapse Arc, I was sure I'd have a hard time recovering if the dramalogue deviated from my idea of what I wrote.
    But, those worries were completely unfounded.
    From the monologue where the Holy Sword was forged to the the monologue where the nameless king was crowned...
    She showed me something perfect, that surpassed what I'd imagined.
    Everything about Artoria Caster was imbued into lines that I'd previously cut and used to fill out a last few lines of the script.
    That's what I felt, when I witnessed this live reading that resonated deeply in my breast.

I saw something beautiful.
    I don't think I could ask for anything greater than that.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; August 6th, 2022 at 03:06 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Guess I'll stop translating then.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    He's right about the Dramalogue, btw. I was there watching it in person too. Just as a fan it was the experience of a lifetime.

I can't even imagine what it must feel like, seeing your imagination come to life like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Guess I'll stop translating then.
    I just happen to be very hyped recently lol

If the Dramalogue was already amazing to watch in the stream, I can imagine how good it must have been to watch it live, you were very lucky to be able to go live.

I was really impressed at the amazing work the VAs did in it, so I'm not surprised Nasu was so touched about it.

So te Noel story scrapped for boss rush is finally making it?

Lets gooo

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Sugiyama Noboru's (Muramasa) last smile to Artoria
    Noboru?

I guess Noel gets her Nanaya after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Noel Route, remind me if he explicitly mentioned Nanaya in the MB release blog post or if he just danced around it. Maybe he changed the outline.
    Also another mention of Arc being a guest.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Noboru?
    Whoops autocorrect

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow can't believe Nasu wrote a new diary about EVO and was thinking of going there kek

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Wow, the Mushroom dropped another entry. He's hinting at someone everyone knows possibly coming to MBTL if I read it correctly.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My Sion hopium just shot through the roof.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Did he just straight up confirm Sion...

fuck mahoyo collab for MBTL, give me Sion and Roastbeef fuck yeah
    Last edited by MaxAkito; August 7th, 2022 at 07:40 AM.

US Friend Code
    Sion also works with her appearing in the next El-Melloi, synchronized advertisement and shit

仮に、この先メルブラ内で遠野邸に志貴とアルクと秋葉と先輩が同席するシーンがあるとしたら、
    それは月姫本編の7日目くらいの緊張感なンだ。
    それを窓の外からのぞき見ているネコが一言。「地獄かよ」
    🤔