View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 194 of 242 FirstFirst ... 94144184189192193194195196199204 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Nentir Vale is also a cool setting.

Blog Entries
    I like the concept of Points of Light. The whole idea that most of the world is unknown and unexplored, the map vague and open to anything. It makes it harder to build globe-spanning tales of adventure, but much easier to develop local ones on a smaller scale without having to account for all the lore. FR is overflowing with preexisting details, so all you need is one "expert" at the table to spoil the story by pulling a derp like I did and spouting some key info, or just telling you you're wrong actually being right.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    FR being the default 5e setting shouldn't be much of a surprise, given that WotC have published fuck all support for other settings.

マリーの味方
    FR isn't so bad with a group with little experience with the setting. I just make shit up or change things all the time and they never know the difference.

My only complaint is how focused 5e is on the Swords Coast. It's not like I hate it or anything, it just seems there's quite a few interesting regions elsewhere. The Sword Coast is even lacking a basic human monarch state to use, I wish Cormyr was closer so I could utilize it more.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It's not called the Savage North for nothing!
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

I liked running games in the Western Heartlands, myself.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Would I ever lie to you
    Do you really want me to answer that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    FR being the default 5e setting shouldn't be much of a surprise, given that WotC have published fuck all support for other settings.
    Technically, they also released Ravnica and Ravenloft (or at least those zones of Ravenloft seen in CoS). But yeah, SCAG, Xanathar's, and all the other adventure sets are pure FR.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Do you usually answer rhetorical questions?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    At this point I've absorbed so much Midgard lore that I think I have a better handle on it than FR. FR is good too though.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Do you usually answer rhetorical questions?
    Do you want an answer to this question?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

You already did

If I were interested in getting to know more about DnD and playing a single session for the first time, is there a way to do so online?
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    :unlimitedpower:

Huh?
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

We have some GMs who run games online here, usually over at Roll20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    I like the concept of Points of Light. The whole idea that most of the world is unknown and unexplored, the map vague and open to anything. It makes it harder to build globe-spanning tales of adventure, but much easier to develop local ones on a smaller scale without having to account for all the lore.
    You know where you can find a really good globe-spanning (well, more like dimension-spanning, but it's the same thing in spirit) set in Nentir Vale? In the 2010-2012 Dungeons & Dragons comic book series. (It's a really fun read, too, which in a literary work is the preferable quality to many others.)

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    If I were interested in getting to know more about DnD and playing a single session for the first time, is there a way to do so online?
    Try Roll20. They have a LFG section where you can find people looking for players for games.

Okay. Thanks. I just signed into the website now.
    Last edited by Twi; September 7th, 2019 at 01:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, you reminded me that WoW:TRPG was a thing.-Proceeds to go looking for it-
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I've read the books, and the opinions I've read of it is that it's not a worse take on 3.5 rules. Which is a shame, I love the setting and a TRPG would be such a good medium to explore it.

It has some cool things in it - the Hunter class feels pretty close to the WoW equivalent, it has a lot of new lore, and character concepts not featured in WoW (dragon knights, tinkers) - but it has too many D&Disms that don't fit Warcraft, along with some other oddities like putting Priests, Druids and Shamans into the same 'Healer' class.

There's two 5e conversions out there, but they both fall into the same trap of keeping 5e elements that don't fit, like keeping Rogues designed around making one big attack instead of wow's small, fast attacks.

I'm not sure whether to try my own hand at a 5e conversion by using the ideas of the 2 other Homebrews or just go nuts and make my own system. 5e doesn't feel like a great fit but it's one of the easiest to Homebrew for.

I remember reading that book. It even changed the names of the six abilities to their WoW equivalents, didn't it? As in, Wisdom was renamed Spirit? Wasn't there some kerfuffle over White Wolf's additions to the setting?